Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 5, 2015 11:33 AM
Oct 2015
Hi,

Although dangerous to ask peoples opinion regarding the "sometimes least appreciated" character of AGK but..

I am really curious about the expectations you had when she was initially introduced in episode 5.

I was really charmed by her nice and normal, if somewhat naïeve, appearance totally different of het average Empire goon we had seen before. If I had to make my guess then i would either thought she would be a future defector to Night Raid or a honorabele enemy that was just on the other side.

I was in the end troubled in the way she was made such an obvious lunatic where there would have been much more character possibilities by using a more sensibele approach to her character.

Oct 5, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
When she was introduced I thought that she was a cute character with a cute dog. When she revealed her other nature, I thought that she was perfect.
Oct 8, 2015 1:11 AM

May 2014
Frankly I thought she was too cute and too nice for her character to be that...well, simple. I figured that either she was a female version of Wave, kind hearted and just, or a total psycho...which turned out to be the case.
Oct 8, 2015 1:51 AM

Mar 2015
My initial thoughts on episode 5 was:

Oh look a cute girl with a cute dog, might be a good girl that can be taken to the Night Raid or something.

But then what I got was me crying over Sheele's death. Damn you Seryuu!! Also her psychotic nature by letting Koro eating Chelsea... She just created more death wish, which thankfully Mine dealt with.

Oct 8, 2015 3:17 AM
Mar 2015
I was so ready to ship her with tatsumi lol
She was so cute
Oct 10, 2015 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
I hate myself for ever thinking she would join Night Raid or be anything other than a complete psychopath. Hell, even throughout her fight with Sheele and Mine, I thought a truce would be made RIGHT until Sheele took her arms.
Oct 13, 2015 4:49 AM
Mar 2015
Old_Raven said:
I hate myself for ever thinking she would join Night Raid or be anything other than a complete psychopath. Hell, even throughout her fight with Sheele and Mine, I thought a truce would be made RIGHT until Sheele took her arms.

She was so unpredictable for all of us it was such a nice change of pace from most manga, but I guess when you look at later her psychosis was never explained well, I understand she lost her parents but the bloodthirstiness has to come from somewhere and in the end she becomes a slightly more. Detailed version of that girl who took in tatsumi in the first chapter. Corruption does not = maddness
Oct 13, 2015 7:34 AM

Jul 2013
trump54 said:
Old_Raven said:

She was so unpredictable for all of us it was such a nice change of pace from most manga, but I guess when you look at later her psychosis was never explained well, I understand she lost her parents but the bloodthirstiness has to come from somewhere and in the end she becomes a slightly more. Detailed version of that girl who took in tatsumi in the first chapter. Corruption does not = maddness

I agree with you. It was a nice change of what the majority of the mangakas would be do. For a honorable villain we have Wave.

I also would like to watch the origin of het madnesd, but Takahiro is a lazy writer and opted to no show it. Well, At least he madera her a cover.
Oct 17, 2015 3:12 AM

Sep 2015
She's a complete psychopath and this is already clear by her first fight,I pity very much because she has a disorted mind because of her experiences...she isn't a true wicked person.

Indeed,we can find many exemples of this kind of character in AGK,she isn't the only one.
Oct 17, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
She was way too innocent for the show, so I had a feeling she'd be a psycho just like the rest of them.
Oct 17, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2013
I don't get why the people thought that Seryu will be an innocent girl when she appears. When she bids farewell to Tatsumi she asks cheerfully to Koro is he wants to eat death-row prisoners. That is not what a normal girl do. She was fucked of the head since the beginning XD.
Oct 17, 2015 6:25 PM
Mar 2015
Illyricus said:
I don't get why the people thought that Seryu will be an innocent girl when she appears. When she bids farewell to Tatsumi she asks cheerfully to Koro is he wants to eat death-row prisoners. That is not what a normal girl do. She was fucked of the head since the beginning XD.
were their any normal girls in this series ? did any of the girls ever appear not as unusual, Mabry Chelsea but most of the girls we met are excentric
Oct 18, 2015 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
trump54 said:
Illyricus said:
were their any normal girls in this series ? did any of the girls ever appear not as unusual, Mabry Chelsea but most of the girls we met are excentric

Yeah, I agree that any girl of the series is completely normal. In fact, analyzing every girl of Akame ga Kill, except Najenda, Mine (a simple tsundere) and Chelsea, every one of them has some type of issues.

I think that when I used the term "normal girl" I meant "sane girl" XD.
Oct 18, 2015 5:10 PM

Jan 2015
I wanted her to join NIght Raid for some reason.

I loved how psycho she was though. Awesome character,
Oct 18, 2015 5:51 PM
Mar 2015
GeneralEsdeath said:

We wanted everybody who was cute to join nightraid
Oct 19, 2015 12:36 AM

Jul 2013
GeneralEsdeath said:

I think that the idea to have a true pyscho character in Night Raid would be very funny, specially if it was Seryu, but I prefer her as an antagonist, tbh.

And not only the personality was awesome, her over the top crazy expresions during fights were also reaaly good.

Seryu need her own spin off series.
Oct 19, 2015 8:19 AM
Oct 2015
trump54 said:
Illyricus said:

The only normal girl (atleast a semi-main character and disregarding the "killer"trait) in my opinion was Mez. As an assassin she just killed without any personal grudge and without any sadistic tendency. I liked the mutual flirting between her and Lubbock.. Maybe for this reason she was the only killed opponent that NR killed that received some kind of respect (Lubbock closing her eyelids as a token of respect or sympathy)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.