Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2015 12:34 PM
Jan 2015
Hello there,

I'm not sure as whether there's a similar topic or if someone else shared this theory but if not, even better.

It's about the ending in which Kobayashi is walking and Hashiba stops him (they're showed as children), few seconds later there's a time skip in which they appear as adults but Kobayashi's wearing the Twenty Faces mask and Akechi's the one that's stopping him.

Just like Akechi's childhood friend that was super intelligent, Kobayashi might be as well, but he refuses to take the exams and so he may want to keep it a secret or he's just not interested in taking exams. Hashiba mentions he's really smart but that he skips classes in one of the episodes. Akechi's childhood friend became the first Twenty Faces and if Kobayashi's as smart as he was, they might share a similar fate (probably the creators making it this way to show off their similarities, that's only if the theory is correct though).

What could've made Kobayashi turn into Twenty Faces? Well, that seems pretty logical as Hashiba's stopping or restraining him in certain situations as a child when Kobayashi was acting inappropriate, now Akechi who has sworn to destroy the very concept of Twenty Faces is stopping him, what caused him to turn into Twenty Faces is probably Hashiba's death as Hashiba isn't shown (might not be true, but seems as the most logical cause for me).

The pictures are from the ending in which you can see the evidence.
Keep in mind that it's all speculation and may not be related to the series in any way, but I personally believe it's related cause it appears in the ending and could be an awesome plot twist at the series' end.

Sep 3, 2015 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
I like your theory, pretty logical.
Just want to add this too;
Kuro Tokage has big role in final. She is probably laplace's demon (the one who knows the precise location and momentum of every atom in the universe and with help of this knows future and past). And we dont really know relationship between Akechi and Tokage.
And I think ending is all about chaos theory (this theory known as butterfly effect) in ending a butterfly lets fly a piece of paper and because of paper people starts tilt over and city falls because of people.
We must reckon among these two for much more realistic and close to real final ●‿●
Sep 3, 2015 10:35 PM
Mar 2013
I kind of read a little too much into things but from what i read here and what I saw in ep 9.

well.. it sometimes goes like that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

146 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

70 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Takuan_Soho - Jul 30, 2015

235 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

137 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

206 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.