Forum Settings
Forums

How come so many Anime school girl wear skirts?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 1, 2019 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
MechKingKillbot said:
Must be tragic to be forced to wear a skirt without pockets. I don't know how they can function in life without one.

True, I'm a cargo pants kind of guy I hate not having enough pockets.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 1, 2019 7:29 PM
Aug 2018
Uhh.. its because it shows off their beautiful thicc thighs in an innocent way. It also a perfect way to show tsudere traits and have a very cute b-b-baka moment
Feb 1, 2019 8:21 PM

Oct 2014
Kruszer said:
What's odd to me is when it's obviously winter there, cold enough to snow, in the anime and female characters are still in skirts. It doesn't seem logical to me, and must be uncomfortable. All the ladies around here with some sense put on a pair of jeans when it's cold out. Of course Japan probably doesn't have winters that are as extreme as Minnesota's where temperatures can get subzero.

It's more the administrator's fault there for not giving an option for pants in the winter, although I've heard in some schools girls are technically allowed to wear the guys' uniform. It would be fair game to simply wear pants or thick leggings under their skirts, which I'm not sure happens in Japan but doesn't happen too much in anime.

Kruszer said:
zombie_pegasus said:
It is because of school uniforms. I have heard of girls in the US wearing shorts or leggings under their skirts so people don't see their underwear, but I guess anime girls don't usually do that.

Public schools in the US don't usually have uniforms. You can wear whatever you want as long as it doesn't have nudity or something offensive on it. Private and military schools are where you will probably find uniform codes here.

Schools in the US don't usually have uniforms, but girls still have the right to wear skirts and many choose to do so. They generally have a limit on how short they can be, but skirts of any length can be flipped or seen up which is why some girls wear panty protection. The Venn diagram of girls who like wearing skirts and girls who don't want their panties to be seen does have some overlap. I've even seen a school dress code require girls to wear shorts or leggings under their skirts.
Feb 1, 2019 8:25 PM

Mar 2012
Infatuate said:
CrimBlacklotus said:

So Japanese school girls do wear skirts strictly?

Yes.

Now, about the skirt length... not sure.

I think from what I’ve seen from pictures of school girls in Japan, anime takes A LOT of liberties with skirt length for most anime. Most of the skirts I’ve seen go down to about the knees, whereas a lot of anime have them cutting off either halfway down the calf or even shorter (obviously for sex appeal).
Feb 4, 2019 6:34 AM

Jan 2016
It's called a school uniform. This isn't a phenomenon, it's standard dress code, not just in Japan but in the West as well. I know for a fact that high school girls in Australia and the UK wear skirts as part of their school uniform.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 51 minutes ago

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

27 by Rhaelynne »»
3 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 38 minutes ago

3 by Otakupervert890 »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

233 by Maumuu »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 1 hour ago

11 by Rhaelynne »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.