Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2015 9:41 AM

Jun 2011
Why does Anno have to change Asuka's personality and make her a side character? To please the people who dislike her? I do think the character is a bit too vain and nasty for her own good but most of her personality was fine, she did not need to change into a much friendlier character due to her situation. Especially since she already wasn't well-balanced enough since she is mean to everybody but jumps to being a nice girl to Hikari.

A lot of popular things have their haters and he could've just ignored them and kept her the same person she always was but a bit different.

And why did he have to change her name?

No, I have not seen much of it. I was so angry that they changed my favorite character into a shell of her former self. And I heard that they changed a lot of things here, too. Like the elevator scene wasn't long enough, there was no mindrape and the original series should not have been compiled into rebuild movies. Especially considering a 26 episode tv series. There is more I wish to see of Evangelion and Anno should not have tried to improve on the series, right?

I know I was disappointed with the series, it's not as great as I thought it would be and EOE was hard to watch but nevertheless wish there were more to Evangelion.

Now aside from Asuka, the animation is also updated and while may be smoother than the original's sloppy, blurry animation, it still was hard for me to respond to.
Angry_Anime_NerdJul 29, 2015 10:21 AM
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Apr 5, 2017 8:58 AM

Feb 2013
Nice to see Asuka being less of a bitch. Don't get the name change tho.

Also
Left: original, right rebuild.
Apr 6, 2021 9:54 PM
Jul 2013
Tbh... I watched the whole season and the first two rebuild movies so far, and I like the rebuild more. 26 episodes and I had only questionmarks and Red cheeks from so many facepalms XD
"We are all MAD here"
Alice in Wonderland

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 27, 2009

563 by Ten »»
Apr 7, 4:15 PM

» Stop after this movie if you dont want to be disappointed

CickNipolla - Oct 12, 2022

40 by Zero00phantom »»
Apr 2, 4:44 PM

» Mari being an insert for Hideaki’s wife

hanekawastiddi - Sep 3, 2023

6 by certainmiracle »»
Sep 4, 2023 12:00 PM

» Why They've shown Rei Nippels but didn't show Asuka Nippels?

LoliSenpai0x - Aug 6, 2020

9 by Jun_Rei »»
Feb 28, 2023 1:38 PM

» Shinji is gigachad

samthestan - Nov 26, 2021

6 by JohnLivelyMan »»
Apr 12, 2022 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.