Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2015 8:37 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Casshern's father put his wife's conscience into a robotic swan and pulled her out again, but he couldn't change his robotic son back into a normal human? I can't say one would be harder than the other, but I can't see how the latter could be done while the former couldn't. Also, Shinzou Ningen Casshern does a decent job showing humans as a moral potluck, but the only robotic beings that are good are Casshern and his mother. All the other "good" robots were either reprogrammed, broken, or possessed no sense of self to begin with. This goes against arguments in the beginning saying that there were good and bad robots, all to defend Casshern's well being. I mean, you could engineer good robots, but that opens up a buttload of ethical issues that go beyond the scope of this anime.

Shinzou Ningen Casshern certainly had its moments, and while it was corny, it was quite violent and poignant when driving points in key episodes. Still, it ended up feeling shallow despite all that.
Apr 4, 2023 10:27 PM

Sep 2020
Woo, it's finally over! Good ending, for the most part. Overall, the show was alright but wholly forgettable.

I really liked the x-ray shots and seeing components scattering about when bots got destroyed. Extremely disappointed that Casshan never got his "unlimited energy" upgrade that they kept alluding to.

I thought the dual nature between comedy and seriousness was a real detriment: too much "Saturday Morning Cartoon" humor to take the show seriously, but too serious with its portrayal of humanity and death to just sit back and have a good time. Hard to root for humanity when they're constantly being shown as terrible to each other and animals while the robots are too slapsticky and seemingly incompetent to be seen as a threat. All these contradictions just made whatever messages the show had (if there actually were any) unappealing.

Anyways, 7 "Hail Braikings" / 10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinzou Ningen Casshern Episode 21 Discussion

-Arcee- - Dec 19, 2022

2 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Mar 4, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Shinzou Ningen Casshern Episode 13 Discussion

Shrimp_Tail - Mar 1

0 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Mar 1, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Neo Human Casshern Episode 1 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Jan 20, 2011

5 by Catalano »»
Dec 17, 2023 8:50 PM

Poll: » Shinzou Ningen Casshern Episode 33 Discussion

Shocked - Jun 29, 2015

1 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 4, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Shinzou Ningen Casshern Episode 20 Discussion

-Arcee- - Dec 19, 2022

1 by SlammyHammy »»
Mar 31, 2023 9:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.