Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 16, 2015 2:53 AM

Sep 2014
I really grew to dislike her, I can hardly even tell why. I really liked her in the first season, but in the second one she annoyed me almost all the time she appeared on the screen, maybe except for the latest episode.

The best girl Hiratsuka-sensei is being omitted all the time in this season ;_; why
Jun 16, 2015 2:55 AM

Nov 2014
Imaishi said:
I really grew to dislike her, I can hardly even tell why. I really liked her in the first season, but in the second one she annoyed me almost all the time she appeared on the screen, maybe except for the latest episode.

The best girl Hiratsuka-sensei is being omitted all the time in this season ;_; why

I get where you're coming from,she was really confusing in s2 and i could hardly ever tell what the hell she was thinking but i realised that her intentions were good for 8man so i got to like her even more.first character in a long time that was so hard to read and had so much depth
Jun 16, 2015 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
PrevE said:
Imaishi said:

I get where you're coming from,she was really confusing in s2 and i could hardly ever tell what the hell she was thinking but i realised that her intentions were good for 8man so i got to like her even more.first character in a long time that was so hard to read and had so much depth

Yukino wakaranai what she wanted to do, but after episode 8, she could understand that she wants to get 8man's bowl.
Jun 16, 2015 3:09 AM

Jun 2014
GrandTemplar said:
Winterluffy said:
Oh Bitchino you have a loyal fan base you do.. She is just like Yozora from Boku wa tomodachi... If you like Bitchino I bet 100 to 1 you would like Yozora. I can't stand their personality myself YuixHachiman for life~

Haganai's utterly garbage. Yui has no more chance to get 8man's bowl. Even if you raise your flag and set up your mortars to battle another ships, your ship will get BTFO.
Let him be he has been using harrasing words for Yukino since the beginning of this season. This guy is in so much denial that he is going on every discussion forum to badmouth her.
Jun 16, 2015 3:14 AM

Jun 2014
GrandTemplar said:
PrevE said:

Yukino wakaranai what she wanted to do, but after episode 8, she could understand that she wants to get 8man's bowl.
Read the light novel to understand her more clearly. Feels rushed volume 7(ep 1 and 2) and volume 10(ep 10 second half and episode 11) which are important for her character developement.
Jun 16, 2015 4:13 AM

May 2014
CutePriest said:
GrandTemplar said:

Haganai's utterly garbage. Yui has no more chance to get 8man's bowl. Even if you raise your flag and set up your mortars to battle another ships, your ship will get BTFO.
Let him be he has been using harrasing words for Yukino since the beginning of this season. This guy is in so much denial that he is going on every discussion forum to badmouth her.
Hey I only use myanimelist get it right.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jun 16, 2015 4:14 AM
Apr 2015
Oh crap the Bitchino waifu army are here! I must admit I admire how much you people waste your time on forcing your belief on people who hates her, its like you cant allow people to hate Bitchino, well you are fans of bitchino so maybe its a bitchino effect since you admire her you wish to be like her, hence bitchino. You people make me sick.
Jun 16, 2015 4:15 AM

Nov 2014
CodeUnknown said:
Oh crap the Bitchino waifu army are here! I must admit I admire how much you people waste your time on forcing your belief on people who hates her, its like you cant allow people to hate Bitchino, well you are fans of bitchino so maybe its a bitchino effect since you admire her you wish to be like her, hence bitchino. You people make me sick.

you yourself seem to be 'bitchinoing' too lol
Jun 16, 2015 4:21 AM

Jun 2014
CodeUnknown said:
Except the purpose of this thread is to discuss the change in her personality and whatever you posted above contributes nothing to the discussion besides your hatred for the said character which is not the subject at hand.
Jun 16, 2015 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
Winterluffy said:

CodeUnknown said:

Yui is Yukino's best friend, you know? She thinks that she has pure romantic feelings because she head over heels with someone who saved her puppy (seriously?). She was boasting in front of her crush that she would beat Yukino and literally confessed her feelings, but ironically she get rekt. She struggled in sport festival, but when she tried to visit her crush, she saw her crush flirting with her best friend in front of her. Moreover, Yui didn't do anything, when Yukino eye raped 8man. She's a real best friend or
Jun 16, 2015 5:05 AM

Jun 2014
GrandTemplar said:
Winterluffy said:

CodeUnknown said:

Yui is Yukino's best friend, you know? She thinks that she has pure romantic feelings because she head over heels with someone who saved her puppy (seriously?). She was boasting in front of her crush that she would beat Yukino and literally confessed her feelings, but ironically she get rekt. She struggled in sport festival, but when she tried to visit her crush, she saw her crush flirting with her best friend in front of her. Moreover, Yui didn't do anything, when Yukino eye raped 8man. She's a real best friend or
I don't think the infirmary door had some opening through which she saw what happened. She just heard their conversation.Also when 8man complimented Yukino she got jealous and wanted to wear glasses as well.
Jun 16, 2015 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
CutePriest said:
GrandTemplar said:

I don't think the infirmary door had some opening through which she saw what happened. She just heard their conversation.Also when 8man complimented Yukino she got jealous and wanted to wear glasses as well.

She was overheard it? I bet she has had it. Poor Yui. I can't blame her if her imagination going wild. Someday, her jealousity will kill her.
Jun 16, 2015 6:23 AM

Jun 2014
GrandTemplar said:
CutePriest said:

She was overheard it? I bet she has had it. Poor Yui. I can't blame her if her imagination going wild. Someday, her jealousity will kill her.
She though they were dating after spotting them together on a hoiday. What would she think if she saw them staring at each other with their faces inches apart for 18 seconds ;)
Jun 16, 2015 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
Winterluffy said:
Oh Bitchino you have a loyal fan base you do.. She is just like Yozora from Boku wa tomodachi... If you like Bitchino I bet 100 to 1 you would like Yozora. I can't stand their personality myself YuixHachiman for life~

Yozora is a much better character than Yukino.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2015 9:53 AM

May 2015
Winterluffy said:

Lol.

Jun 16, 2015 10:23 AM

May 2015
ok, fanboy. the war choosing yui or yukion, who is the best girl looks like war console or smartphone. no matter which girl ends up with 8man, i think this is the best thing for him. so just enjoy the show :))
Jun 16, 2015 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
In case you have all forgotten about Ichigo 100%, remember that its never certain that a certain girl will be the one. Even the most despised girl may be the winner.
Delays are temporary. Mediocracy lasts forever.
Jun 16, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2015
Monteiro said:
In case you have all forgotten about Ichigo 100%, remember that its never certain that a certain girl will be the one. Even the most despised girl may be the winner.

I think it's really sad that to find something that doesn't follow rule "first girl win", you must back 10 years in time...
Jun 16, 2015 12:44 PM
Oct 2012
GrandTemplar said:

Haganai is genus once you understand what it is really about:

As for Yui, the one thing that could push Yui over the finish line goes back to the first episode and the cookies. They have never touched on it since, but the club's entire existence is due to her originally going to Yukino to ask for her help in making cookies for Hachiman.
Jun 16, 2015 12:45 PM

May 2014
Nikodead said:
ok, fanboy. the war choosing yui or yukion, who is the best girl looks like war console or smartphone. no matter which girl ends up with 8man, i think this is the best thing for him. so just enjoy the show :))
You are right but still I hate that personality type in animes.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jun 16, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2013
Well, imo there are times that I dislike Yukino at a degree but it suddenly dawns me that she's a flawed character.

Also, i don't think its a 180 turn but rather, a development. I know that this season was rushed, i don't read the LN but her development was noticeable in this season.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 16, 2015 3:05 PM
Jun 2013
I don't understand her character, therefore I must hate her!
She has a personality that isn't solely wanting to go after the male MC's reproductive organ, therefore I must hate her!

Quick hint: the reason Yukino's supposed 180 degrees character turn around seems so strange, is because you are under the assumption that her Ice Queen Bitch persona is her actual personality. It isn't.

Her character development isn't so much: Cold Ice Queen Bitch -> Insecure Fragile Emo girl.

If anything it's: Insecure Fragile Loner Girl with too high ideals of what the world should be like, who doesn't get any emotional support at home yet has to live up to her "perfect" sister's image, but because she can't, gets treated like she's some kind of disappointment by her mother (possibly father as well), who gets bullied at school by girls in her class because of how "perfect" she is and because she gets to hang out with one of the best looking, most popular boys in class (who those girls probably assume she's dating), now she's forced to create a different harsher personality for herself as a front to keep bullies at bay, also that same boy who she assumed was her "friend", when given the chance to stand up for her, chooses to preserve his social status over sticking up for her, which pretty much means that throughout her entire youth this character has had no one she could truly trust or be herself around with, unless you count Haruno or her female friends that eventually end up being jealous of her and ultimately betray her. -> Hey, I've actually found two people that I can trust, open myself up to and be myself around with, however due to an incident a year ago we're off to a rough start, but that's okay, we got through it, but wait now one of my friends has developed a martyr complex because he thinks that our friendship can only last as long as we're in the same club, he's willing to self-sacrifice his social status/hurt himself to keep the club intact, I've tried stopping him, but he's willing to lie, use underhanded tactics and go behind my back all for the sake of preserving the club instead of our friendship, now (as much as I don't want to) I have to tell him to stop coming to the club because he's literally forcing himself to be here also this (and him constantly having to sacrifice himself) is only making him miserable, however the next day he shows up unannounced and asks if we can help him with the request he’s been previously trying to keep us away from, he says that it’s all his fault, which means that once again he’s taking all the guilt and blame on himself and he’s telling us that we shouldn’t feel any sense of guilt or responsibility about any of the mistakes we’ve collectively made up until this point, however him blaming himself entirely and being miserable was the reason why I didn’t want him to force himself to come back to the club in the first place, which is why I tell him that if he truly believes that it’s all his fault, that he should solve it on his own, however he then starts to give a speech, he goes silent for a few seconds, starts crying and exclaims that he wants something GENUINE! wait, what? … what does he mean by this? because of my past insecurities, trust issues and being pretty much an emotional coward (something you would have noticed if you had been paying attention to how every single time an emotionally sensitive topic is brought up I either avert my gaze, clench my fists, turn my back, leave the classroom, say my piece but then quickly leave before I let the other party say what’s on their mind (end of S2E7) because if I had to listen to their response my Cold Ice Queen Bitch exterior would break, even in positive scenarios like near the end of S2E9 where I tell my friend: “Here’s to another year together”, I can only muster up the courage to say this, because the doors are about to close and the train is about to take off) and because I haven’t really been honest to my friends about the car accident, when I hear that he wants something genuine, I don’t know how to react to this, I don’t know what it is he’s asking from me, I decide to immediately leave the classroom because I don’t want them to see me in a vulnerable state, however after regaining my composure I tell him that I’ll accept his request of giving him something genuine (whatever that may mean) and I decide to be more open, honest and friendly towards my friends, also to lower my defenses and to show them who I really am.

EDIT:

Tl;dr: Insecure Fragile Loner Girl with family issues (her family has too high expectations of her), who is supposedly perfect, gets bullied by classmates (also because said classmates believe she's dating Hayato), Hayato doesn't stick up for her/betrays her, she has no one to rely on for emotional support throughout her childhood, develops insecurities etc., to protect herself develops a personality to "push the world aways from herself" -> Finds two people she can actually trust, because of the car accident their relationship starts off on a bumpy road, through their ups and downs they start to develop a strong bond, things go bad -> GENUINE -> after a moment of hesitation, Yukino is fully commited to go all-in, after Hachiman went all-in with his speech.

Still pretty long. Meh.
snarlmaneJun 16, 2015 4:17 PM
Jun 16, 2015 3:20 PM

Jan 2014
snarlmane said:
She has a personality that isn't solely wanting to go after the male MC's reproductive organ, therefore I must hate her!

Quick hint: the reason Yukino's supposed 180 degrees character turn around seems so strange, is because you are under the assumption that her Ice Queen Bitch persona is her actual personality. It isn't.

Her character development isn't so much: Cold Ice Queen Bitch -> Insecure Fragile Emo girl.

If anything it's: Insecure Fragile Loner Girl with too high ideals of what the world should be like, who doesn't get any emotional support at home yet has to live up to her "perfect" sister's image, but because she can't, gets treated like she's some kind of disappointment by her mother (possibly father as well), who gets bullied at school by girls in her class because of how "perfect" she is and because she gets to hang out with one of the best looking, most popular boys in class (who those girls probably assume she's dating), now she's forced to create a different harsher personality for herself as a front to keep bullies at bay, also that same boy who she assumed was her "friend", when given the chance to stand up for her, chooses to preserve his social status over sticking up for her, which pretty much means that throughout her entire youth this character has had no one she could truly trust or be herself around with, unless you count Haruno or her female friends that eventually end up being jealous of her and ultimately betray her. -> Hey, I've actually found two people that I can trust, open myself up to and be myself around with, however due to an incident a year ago we're off to a rough start, but that's okay, we got through it, but wait now one of my friends has developed a martyr complex because he thinks that our friendship can only last as long as we're in the same club, he's willing to self-sacrifice his social status/hurt himself to keep the club intact, I've tried stopping him, but he's willing to lie, use underhanded tactics and go behind my back all for the sake of preserving the club instead of our friendship, now (as much as I don't want to) I have to tell him to stop coming to the club because he's literally forcing himself to be here also this (and him constantly having to sacrifice himself) is only making him miserable, however the next day he shows up unannounced and asks if we can help him with the request he’s been previously trying to keep us away from, he says that it’s all his fault, which means that once again he’s taking all the guilt and blame on himself and he’s telling us that we shouldn’t feel any sense of guilt or responsibility about any of the mistakes we’ve collectively made up until this point, however him blaming himself entirely and being miserable was the reason why I didn’t want him to force himself to come back to the club in the first place, which is why I tell him that if he truly believes that it’s all his fault, that he should solve it on his own, however he then starts to give a speech, he goes silent for a few seconds, starts crying and exclaims that he wants something GENUINE! wait, what? … what does he mean by this? because of my past insecurities, trust issues and being pretty much an emotional coward (something you would have noticed if you had been paying attention to how every single time an emotionally sensitive topic is brought up I either avert my gaze, clench my fists, turn my back, leave the classroom, say my piece but then quickly leave before I let the other party say what’s on their mind (end of S2E7) because if I had to listen to their response my Cold Ice Queen Bitch exterior would break, even in positive scenarios like near the end of S2E9 where I tell my friend: “Here’s to another year together”, I can only muster up the courage to say this, because the doors are about to close and the train is about to take off) and because I haven’t really been honest to my friends about the car accident, when I hear that he wants something genuine, I don’t know how to react to this, I don’t know what it is he’s asking from me, I decide to immediately leave the classroom because I don’t want them to see me in a vulnerable state, however after regaining my composure I tell him that I’ll accept his request of giving him something genuine (whatever that may mean) and I decide to be more open, honest and friendly towards my friends, also to lower my defenses and to show them who I really am.

Great points I believe. From the eyes of Yukino herself. But mind giving the lazy readers a tl;dr?
zeron824Jun 16, 2015 3:24 PM
Jun 16, 2015 4:00 PM
Apr 2015
snarlmane said:

Her character development isn't so much: Cold Ice Queen Bitch -&gt; Insecure Fragile Emo girl.

If anything it's: Insecure Fragile Loner Girl with too high ideals of what the world should be like, who doesn't get any emotional support at home yet has to live up to her &quot;perfect&quot; sister's image, but because she can't, gets treated like she's some kind of disappointment by her mother (possibly father as well), who gets bullied at school by girls in her class because of how &quot;perfect&quot; she is and because she gets to hang out with one of the best looking, most popular boys in class (who those girls probably assume she's dating), now she's forced to create a different harsher personality for herself as a front to keep bullies at bay, also that same boy who she assumed was her &quot;friend&quot;, when given the chance to stand up for her, chooses to preserve his social status over sticking up for her, which pretty much means that throughout her entire youth this character has had no one she could truly trust or be herself around with, unless you count Haruno or her female friends that eventually end up being jealous of her and ultimately betray her. -&gt; Hey, I've actually found two people that I can trust, open myself up to and be myself around with, however due to an incident a year ago we're off to a rough start, but that's okay, we got through it, but wait now one of my friends has developed a martyr complex because he thinks that our friendship can only last as long as we're in the same club, he's willing to self-sacrifice his social status/hurt himself to keep the club intact, I've tried stopping him, but he's willing to lie, use underhanded tactics and go behind my back all for the sake of preserving the club instead of our friendship, now (as much as I don't want to) I have to tell him to stop coming to the club because he's literally forcing himself to be here also this (and him constantly having to sacrifice himself) is only making him miserable, however the next day he shows up unannounced and asks if we can help him with the request he&rsquo;s been previously trying to keep us away from, he says that it&rsquo;s all his fault, which means that once again he&rsquo;s taking all the guilt and blame on himself and he&rsquo;s telling us that we shouldn&rsquo;t feel any sense of guilt or responsibility about any of the mistakes we&rsquo;ve collectively made up until this point, however him blaming himself entirely and being miserable was the reason why I didn&rsquo;t want him to force himself to come back to the club in the first place, which is why I tell him that if he truly believes that it&rsquo;s all his fault, that he should solve it on his own, however he then starts to give a speech, he goes silent for a few seconds, starts crying and exclaims that he wants something GENUINE! wait, what? &hellip; what does he mean by this? because of my past insecurities, trust issues and being pretty much an emotional coward (something you would have noticed if you had been paying attention to how every single time an emotionally sensitive topic is brought up I either avert my gaze, clench my fists, turn my back, leave the classroom, say my piece but then quickly leave before I let the other party say what&rsquo;s on their mind (end of S2E7) because if I had to listen to their response my Cold Ice Queen Bitch exterior would break, even in positive scenarios like near the end of S2E9 where I tell my friend: &ldquo;Here&rsquo;s to another year together&rdquo;, I can only muster up the courage to say this, because the doors are about to close and the train is about to take off) and because I haven&rsquo;t really been honest to my friends about the car accident, when I hear that he wants something genuine, I don&rsquo;t know how to react to this, I don&rsquo;t know what it is he&rsquo;s asking from me, I decide to immediately leave the classroom because I don&rsquo;t want them to see me in a vulnerable state, however after regaining my composure I tell him that I&rsquo;ll accept his request of giving him something genuine (whatever that may mean) and I decide to be more open, honest and friendly towards my friends, also to lower my defenses and to show them who I really am.

I salute you sir. I used to ship yuiman out of pity, but knew yukiman was 'supposed to happen" Yukino is just that lhat last child that never got babied
Jun 16, 2015 4:05 PM
Apr 2015
Wait a second. For ducks sake this whole show has been about facades people put up to either protect themselves or please other people of matter how twisted the way is) shouldn't this just be obvious af since they've called her the ice queen that maybe something is FROZEN in the ice. People can accept the side characters dropping facades because they have to do it quickly because their side characters their not 'as important' sorry saki fans. But a main character drops a facade it becomes the whole world coming to an end
Jun 16, 2015 5:08 PM
Jun 2015
snarlmane: nice response, I hate to do this but may I recommend that you add in paragraph breaks to make it easier to read?
Jun 16, 2015 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
GrandTemplar said:

Haganai is genus once you understand what it is really about:

As for Yui, the one thing that could push Yui over the finish line goes back to the first episode and the cookies. They have never touched on it since, but the club's entire existence is due to her originally going to Yukino to ask for her help in making cookies for Hachiman.

Jesus, I was joking. Why did you take seriously?
Jun 16, 2015 6:00 PM

May 2015
Winterluffy said:
Nikodead said:
You are right but still I hate that personality type in animes.

you know what, i'm on Yui team, but if yukion ends up with 8man, i will be liar if i say this doesn't hurt me, but 8man is the guy know who is the best girl for him. so whatever his choice, i' m still support him. he is one the best MC i ever seen :))
NikodeadJun 16, 2015 6:04 PM
Jun 16, 2015 6:02 PM
Oct 2012
GrandTemplar said:

That was humor? You posted, I responded, there really isn't anything more to it. If you don't want people to respond why post? Seems sort of odd.
Jun 16, 2015 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
GrandTemplar said:

That was humor? You posted, I responded, there really isn't anything more to it. If you don't want people to respond why post? Seems sort of odd.

Yeah, it's odd. The way you respond it. You feel, like, offended?
Jun 16, 2015 6:55 PM

Jul 2013
snarlmane said:

Her character development isn't so much: Cold Ice Queen Bitch -&gt; Insecure Fragile Emo girl.

If anything it's: Insecure Fragile Loner Girl with too high ideals of what the world should be like, who doesn't get any emotional support at home yet has to live up to her &quot;perfect&quot; sister's image, but because she can't, gets treated like she's some kind of disappointment by her mother (possibly father as well), who gets bullied at school by girls in her class because of how &quot;perfect&quot; she is and because she gets to hang out with one of the best looking, most popular boys in class (who those girls probably assume she's dating), now she's forced to create a different harsher personality for herself as a front to keep bullies at bay, also that same boy who she assumed was her &quot;friend&quot;, when given the chance to stand up for her, chooses to preserve his social status over sticking up for her, which pretty much means that throughout her entire youth this character has had no one she could truly trust or be herself around with, unless you count Haruno or her female friends that eventually end up being jealous of her and ultimately betray her. -&gt; Hey, I've actually found two people that I can trust, open myself up to and be myself around with, however due to an incident a year ago we're off to a rough start, but that's okay, we got through it, but wait now one of my friends has developed a martyr complex because he thinks that our friendship can only last as long as we're in the same club, he's willing to self-sacrifice his social status/hurt himself to keep the club intact, I've tried stopping him, but he's willing to lie, use underhanded tactics and go behind my back all for the sake of preserving the club instead of our friendship, now (as much as I don't want to) I have to tell him to stop coming to the club because he's literally forcing himself to be here also this (and him constantly having to sacrifice himself) is only making him miserable, however the next day he shows up unannounced and asks if we can help him with the request he&rsquo;s been previously trying to keep us away from, he says that it&rsquo;s all his fault, which means that once again he&rsquo;s taking all the guilt and blame on himself and he&rsquo;s telling us that we shouldn&rsquo;t feel any sense of guilt or responsibility about any of the mistakes we&rsquo;ve collectively made up until this point, however him blaming himself entirely and being miserable was the reason why I didn&rsquo;t want him to force himself to come back to the club in the first place, which is why I tell him that if he truly believes that it&rsquo;s all his fault, that he should solve it on his own, however he then starts to give a speech, he goes silent for a few seconds, starts crying and exclaims that he wants something GENUINE! wait, what? &hellip; what does he mean by this? because of my past insecurities, trust issues and being pretty much an emotional coward (something you would have noticed if you had been paying attention to how every single time an emotionally sensitive topic is brought up I either avert my gaze, clench my fists, turn my back, leave the classroom, say my piece but then quickly leave before I let the other party say what&rsquo;s on their mind (end of S2E7) because if I had to listen to their response my Cold Ice Queen Bitch exterior would break, even in positive scenarios like near the end of S2E9 where I tell my friend: &ldquo;Here&rsquo;s to another year together&rdquo;, I can only muster up the courage to say this, because the doors are about to close and the train is about to take off) and because I haven&rsquo;t really been honest to my friends about the car accident, when I hear that he wants something genuine, I don&rsquo;t know how to react to this, I don&rsquo;t know what it is he&rsquo;s asking from me, I decide to immediately leave the classroom because I don&rsquo;t want them to see me in a vulnerable state, however after regaining my composure I tell him that I&rsquo;ll accept his request of giving him something genuine (whatever that may mean) and I decide to be more open, honest and friendly towards my friends, also to lower my defenses and to show them who I really am.

EDIT:

Tl;dr: Insecure Fragile Loner Girl with family issues (her family has too high expectations of her), who is supposedly perfect, gets bullied by classmates (also because said classmates believe she's dating Hayato), Hayato doesn't stick up for her/betrays her, she has no one to rely on for emotional support throughout her childhood, develops insecurities etc., to protect herself develops a personality to &quot;push the world aways from herself&quot; -&gt; Finds two people she can actually trust, because of the car accident their relationship starts off on a bumpy road, through their ups and downs they start to develop a strong bond, things go bad -&gt; GENUINE -&gt; after a moment of hesitation, Yukino is fully commited to go all-in, after Hachiman went all-in with his speech.

Still pretty long. Meh.

So we should just start flying Yukino's flags on our ship, because she is most defective? You'll probably say I don't understand her, but not having the courage/ability to say/do what you want isn't an excuse I will allow anymore. In my opinion people here easily accept Yukino because they are just as socially introverted. I am not captain personality, nor do I have a million friends, but I can hold a conversation. I don't bash people for being different, but I dislike people who act like they have no voice.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jun 16, 2015 7:06 PM
Oct 2012
GrandTemplar said:

Offended? Not in the least. It is interesting that you would even think that.

I will admit your spurious Haganai comment drew me in because I am really hoping for the conclusion I put in my spoiler and would have loved it had you been another Haganai fan with an actual opinion on the series (reading, not watching) with whom I could have discussed this with.

The Yui comment was just an observation on my part, your comment just sparked an idle thought that I decided to respond to. If I had to guess where the writer is going to end up I would say Yukino, but I am not personally vested in any choice and as such cannot be "offended". I am on record for arguing for a ship (I have a thread on it), but not any particular ship. I think that Hachiman as a character needs a ship, but you can go to my thread to argue this point.

You seem to be personally involved in your comments and your hope with the response you will receive. My suggestion is to give it up, other people never respond how you hope they will respond.
Jun 16, 2015 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
GrandTemplar said:

Offended? Not in the least. It is interesting that you would even think that.

I will admit your spurious Haganai comment drew me in because I am really hoping for the conclusion I put in my spoiler and would have loved it had you been another Haganai fan with an actual opinion on the series (reading, not watching) with whom I could have discussed this with.

The Yui comment was just an observation on my part, your comment just sparked an idle thought that I decided to respond to. If I had to guess where the writer is going to end up I would say Yukino, but I am not personally vested in any choice and as such cannot be "offended". I am on record for arguing for a ship (I have a thread on it), but not any particular ship. I think that Hachiman as a character needs a ship, but you can go to my thread to argue this point.

You seem to be personally involved in your comments and your hope with the response you will receive. My suggestion is to give it up, other people never respond how you hope they will respond.

Puhleez, I knew it.
Jun 16, 2015 7:39 PM
Oct 2012
GrandTemplar said:
Puhleez, I knew it.

Somehow I doubt that.
Jun 17, 2015 5:47 AM

Feb 2015
snarlmane said:

EDIT:

Tl;dr: Insecure Fragile Loner Girl with family issues (her family has too high expectations of her), who is supposedly perfect, gets bullied by classmates (also because said classmates believe she's dating Hayato), Hayato doesn't stick up for her/betrays her, she has no one to rely on for emotional support throughout her childhood, develops insecurities etc., to protect herself develops a personality to "push the world aways from herself" -> Finds two people she can actually trust, because of the car accident their relationship starts off on a bumpy road, through their ups and downs they start to develop a strong bond, things go bad -> GENUINE -> after a moment of hesitation, Yukino is fully commited to go all-in, after Hachiman went all-in with his speech.

Still pretty long. Meh.

Totally worth it.
Jun 17, 2015 6:51 AM

Aug 2013

I read something I shouldn't have. ~_~
Jun 17, 2015 9:11 AM

Nov 2014
Izayoi23 said:

Face it man ep 11 already made it clear whos ship won the war
Jun 17, 2015 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
Izayoi23 said:

Sorry to destroy your waifuship, but the "SS Yukino Destroyer" can fire cannons at all other waifu, with her ability to be LN favorite.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jun 17, 2015 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
Yondy375 said:
Izayoi23 said:

Sorry to destroy your waifuship, but the "SS Yukino Destroyer" can fire cannons at all other waifu, with her ability to be LN favorite.

Where's my Type 3 Sonar?! Oh, it's a destroyer, give me Type 1 AP Shell.
Jun 17, 2015 8:32 PM
Apr 2015
Meh, For the one who didn't understand Yukino in the Anime. You shouldn't read the Light Novel because the Light Novel will make you mindf**k, genuinely.
Easily, This Waifu War will never END.
p/s: Glad I'm a Lonerfags and Haruno's fan.....
Jun 17, 2015 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
TooEzGamming said:
Meh, For the one who didn't understand Yukino in the Anime. You shouldn't read the Light Novel because the Light Novel will make you mindf**k, genuinely.

At least, you will enjoy 8man's monologues.
Jun 17, 2015 8:53 PM

Nov 2014
TooEzGamming said:

Im currently halfway through vol 1 and it isnt that bad
Jun 17, 2015 9:18 PM

Jun 2014
PrevE said:
TooEzGamming said:

Im currently halfway through vol 1 and it isnt that bad
Well liking her or not is a different matter but understanding her character becomes more easy when you read the LN.
Jun 17, 2015 9:52 PM

Mar 2015
How waifu war looks like in this place:

Jun 19, 2015 6:19 AM
May 2015
She was a bitch in season 1 for what, for being herself while trying to help people she didnt even know by speaking her mind while it would be much more convenient to act "normal"? Other than that the change in her character even since the begining of the 2nd season was kinda weird, guess its because of her starting to like Hachiman more and the new animation studio doing its own thang, like when they changed her appearance. Whatever the case, if these are the traits that come in your mind when characterizing Yukino there has to be something wrong with how you see people, i suggest looking inside yourself in case the faults you try to find in others are a projection of you in the first place..
Jun 19, 2015 7:38 PM

Jul 2014
CutePriest said:
coolxal said:
9 episodes in and she went from being a confident, outspoken bitch in season 1 to a fidgety, nervous, emo girl.

I don't think I've heard one insult from her this season.

What a 180 change in personality.
She came to realize her own flaws/being useless to do anything for 8man after seeing him commiting social suicide for superficial relationship , something they both hate the most. She decides to run for student council as she thinks this wont affect the relationship of the trio because she thinks their relationship is not superficial but hachiman stops her hence she says "I thought you would understand". Hachiman doing things just because he has to(coming to club everyday) makes her feel like he is forcing himself hence telling him not to think about the club and he can leave if he wants to. Accepted that she just pretended to understand while that was not the case. Not knowing what to do after hearing hachiman asking for something genuine. She asked others for help(to 8man) after knowing her shortcomings. She is now trying to understand 8man rather than judging him. It's not a 180 change but rather a gradual change. Also her personality hasn't changed that much. She has become more open to others and has accepted them for who they are.

I wish i could upvote your comment
Jun 27, 2015 8:19 AM
Aug 2014
Yondy375 said:
snarlmane said:

EDIT:

Tl;dr: Insecure Fragile Loner Girl with family issues (her family has too high expectations of her), who is supposedly perfect, gets bullied by classmates (also because said classmates believe she's dating Hayato), Hayato doesn't stick up for her/betrays her, she has no one to rely on for emotional support throughout her childhood, develops insecurities etc., to protect herself develops a personality to &quot;push the world aways from herself&quot; -&gt; Finds two people she can actually trust, because of the car accident their relationship starts off on a bumpy road, through their ups and downs they start to develop a strong bond, things go bad -&gt; GENUINE -&gt; after a moment of hesitation, Yukino is fully commited to go all-in, after Hachiman went all-in with his speech.

Still pretty long. Meh.

So we should just start flying Yukino's flags on our ship, because she is most defective? You'll probably say I don't understand her, but not having the courage/ability to say/do what you want isn't an excuse I will allow anymore. In my opinion people here easily accept Yukino because they are just as socially introverted. I am not captain personality, nor do I have a million friends, but I can hold a conversation. I don't bash people for being different, but I dislike people who act like they have no voice.

Oh no. Not saying that you have to like her. Just saying that you should at least try to understand her. Also..not all people are same. It is not easy to speak out against the people you care. It is easier to speak against the people you don't care to be honest. I myself am socially introverted but not because I can't hold a conversation but because I just don't like to. I can easily tell a person I don't care about that I don't care about them however..telling a person that I care about that I don't agree with something that they said..is a lot harder for me. Yes, it is my fault for not having the courage but it isn't that easy either. It is a lot harder to go up against the people you care than the ones you don't.
Jun 27, 2015 8:36 AM

Jan 2014
For everyone else on here, Yukino's façade is her Ice-cold Queen self (que Cold as Ice music). That is the image she placed on herself to hide what is truly underneath her. In all honesty, her "real" breaking point was during the cultural festival. That was when her dependency became apparent again. Before, she tries her best not to depend on anyone. Now, she is starting to depend again. Depending on someone is not bad, but using them as a pillar to truly support you is. Hence, that fish analogy she gave. Her real self is what we saw at the end of Season 2. That's the genuine Yukino.

Now, taking other things into hand, Hachiman is pushing his "ideal" girl into Yukino and Yui at the end of Season 2. I don't see this as a truly negative aspect considering the whole "genuine" thing they are looking for. Hachiman just simply accepted that change is inevitable and that we all have to change for the better. This is why I like the ending. It at least gave us insights on each character. People, this is character development at its best imho.
zeron824Jun 27, 2015 8:54 AM
Jun 27, 2015 8:51 AM
Oct 2012
CutePriest said:
coolxal said:
9 episodes in and she went from being a confident, outspoken bitch in season 1 to a fidgety, nervous, emo girl.

I don't think I've heard one insult from her this season.

What a 180 change in personality.
She came to realize her own flaws/being useless to do anything for 8man after seeing him commiting social suicide for superficial relationship , something they both hate the most. She decides to run for student council as she thinks this wont affect the relationship of the trio because she thinks their relationship is not superficial but hachiman stops her hence she says "I thought you would understand". Hachiman doing things just because he has to(coming to club everyday) makes her feel like he is forcing himself hence telling him not to think about the club and he can leave if he wants to. Accepted that she just pretended to understand while that was not the case. Not knowing what to do after hearing hachiman asking for something genuine. She asked others for help(to 8man) after knowing her shortcomings. She is now trying to understand 8man rather than judging him. It's not a 180 change but rather a gradual change. Also her personality hasn't changed that much. She has become more open to others and has accepted them for who they are.

^ that's exactly what happened. just go imagine yourself making an insulting joke to your close friends when you and them are currently fighting. Awkward right? that's what those 3 experienced for a whole 2 light novel volumes, from the field trip arc ALL THE WAY until hachiman cried.

Even after they made up, hachiman's monologue in the novel explained that he couldn't really make their usual 'meaningless conversations' easily like back then. And right after that Haruno and her mom came up and made things bad once again even though they just made up
Jun 27, 2015 11:41 AM

Apr 2014
Also - why are people pretending that the only 180 seen is in Yukino? All 3 of them have drastically changed from the characters first introduced in the first few episodes.

Yui went from being an airheaded indecisive typical pretty girl to one who managed to come up with that complicated plan and discuss all of their feelings "eloquently."

Hikigaya, although because we are in his head, we are able to see a lot more of his physical thoughts, went from shrugging his shoulders and letting life happen to speaking up and taking action when he thought things were wrong.

As others have said before, Yukinon has a significantly more "complicated" past than the rest of them, so her character development is obviously going to take a bit more work and more effort, but literally the entire premise of the show was that the "ice Cold" Yukinon, the "dead fish" Hikki and the "couldn't make her own decisions" Yui were in the wrong. The personas they presented were wrong. Being in the club is supposed to help them break that, and it has.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.