Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (30) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 19, 2008 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
A disable-button to sort of "pause" the updater if one wants to watch something that the updater might mistake as an anime, while it is something else, or eventually something one doesn't want to add/update to the list would've been great. Also, when I came up with that, I realized that the buttons on the top "panel" or whatever it's called are a bit messy. How about sorting them so that it looks somewhat like this (here i threw in a disable button):

May 19, 2008 6:54 AM

Jul 2007
Sounds good, I will add it to the right-click menu (adding it as a button would mean editing all the themes to add it)
May 19, 2008 11:04 AM

Jan 2008
and then, Kotori, the words "Login OK" replaced by "Automatic Update is disabled"
in red, very bold :)
May 25, 2008 7:52 AM

Sep 2007
Some suggestions:
1) Perhaps have some actions/shortcuts linked to right-clicking of the new anime menu. Maybe even have it customisable. Saves time having to dig through menu
2) Streamline the play ep# menu. Doesn't work well with low res screens or long-running anime such as Naruto (original), Bleach etc etc
3) Place Disable Recognition in the tray menu. It's hard to look for in such a cluttered menu.
KayDatMay 27, 2008 3:03 AM

Proud user of Maxthon since the days of MyIE2, long before Firefox was even a twinkle in Netscape's eye.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not really...
May 25, 2008 9:04 AM

Jul 2007
1) can you specify some more about this?

May 27, 2008 3:07 AM

Sep 2007
Can be anything really... Maybe have the default action to Play Next Episode. If you have it user customisable, maybe have it linked to the Anime Menu; even though Play Next Episode is in bold, it has no real meaning. If the user can choose an action to link with Right-clicking, maybe that action can be bolded instead. Just a suggestion =]

Proud user of Maxthon since the days of MyIE2, long before Firefox was even a twinkle in Netscape's eye.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not really...
May 27, 2008 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
Noticed a minor issue with the status-colors:
Entries that are not yet aired have a gradient grey bottom to white top, and this makes it very difficult to read the title of the entry. Maybe darkening it somewhat will do the trick.

Also, as the updater didn't seem to recognise "Ghost.in.the.Shell.HD.PSNR.mkv" (possibly because of the dots as spaces?), sorting that out would be very welcome.
May 27, 2008 9:32 AM

Jul 2007
It's because there is no episode number in that title. MalU only supports entries that have an ep #. if you add "01" it will recognize it.
May 29, 2008 1:54 PM

Jan 2008
from page 12:
Kotori said:
sorry im not sure what you mean

I meant this

great that this feature is back (several last versions I had to download it MALU uversion updates manually)
May 29, 2008 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
Err it was never gone, I always check on a new release, I launch the old installed version and go through the update. Maybe the server was busy when you tried, I normally get 200-300 download in the first 1-2 hours after a release.
May 29, 2008 2:11 PM

Jan 2008
well, I might have been updating it also withing those 2 hours, but manually (maybe it was a problem with a sound as well, can't recall what was happening)
May 29, 2008 2:44 PM

Apr 2008
It might be hard/useless to implement but I'd like to have the feature so I'm gonna request it:

It would be nice if you could see if there was actually a fansub for the next episode available. Some sort of icon or something like this. So that you don't have to look to baka-updates (that's where I'm checking for new releases :D).

Also if you could turn this feature on and off so that you can decide if you want to see if there is a next episode available.

I hope this hasn't requested and if it has I apologise! =/

May 29, 2008 7:40 PM

Jul 2007
erinyen said:
It might be hard/useless to implement but I'd like to have the feature so I'm gonna request it:

It would be nice if you could see if there was actually a fansub for the next episode available. Some sort of icon or something like this. So that you don't have to look to baka-updates (that's where I'm checking for new releases :D).

Also if you could turn this feature on and off so that you can decide if you want to see if there is a next episode available.

Stab in the dark, but if you happen to be a Vista user, this is exactly what this gadget of mine does: (not for baka updates, but for tokyotosho)

http://j-suki.de/?page_id=1205
May 30, 2008 9:22 AM

Jun 2007
please a neutral status pop-up for the no-theme
Now that we have the theme maker and everyone can have their own
please give us some more neutral schedule pop-up for those people using the standard theme.
May 30, 2008 9:44 AM

Jul 2007
May 31, 2008 12:05 AM

Jul 2007
Mathes said:
please a neutral status pop-up for the no-theme
Now that we have the theme maker and everyone can have their own
please give us some more neutral schedule pop-up for those people using the standard theme.

done
May 31, 2008 12:05 AM

Jul 2007
erinyen said:

You will be able to do this with the next release:

http://techsuki.net/apps/MalUpdater/leetbeta.jpg
Jun 3, 2008 12:31 PM

Jan 2008
Is it possible to open Settings without a delay waiting while image slowly appears? Maybe set it to visual settings.
Jun 3, 2008 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
Yes, there has been an option for a while, explained in the release notes.
visual settings, disable fade in/out
Jun 3, 2008 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
I know my rel. notes suck and are hard to read btw, I'll try to redo them with colors and such later on :p
Jun 3, 2008 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
I see it now, don't know how I missed it when I was looking for it. Well I have not read it actually, I just scanned and thought that that options are for gauge.

Jun 3, 2008 2:37 PM

Aug 2007
AH! I'm here again! To make YOU work more on MALu because I AM LAZY :D

2 things:
1st, easier one: an option to auto-update to beta releases, I love betas <3

2nd! (evil laugh) A dialog box that asks if you want to rename and/or sort the file you just saw when MALu detects the media player closing the file or just changing animu IF it's not already named/sorted correctly.
Rename part: renamed with the database name and the episode number (maybe a line where you could write something like.. "%dbname% - %epn% of %totep%" to decide how to rename it)
Sort part: let's say you have your anime folder set as "X:\new anime\" and you keep watched animu in "X:\anime\database-name-of-the-anime\", is it possible to move the file (after the rename) in there (and create the dir if it's not already there)?

Having to do that by hand is a pain in the ass, so I will try with the "make Kotori work cuz you're lazy" system :P
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jun 3, 2008 2:49 PM

Jul 2007
betas: too much work to compile and upload a complete installer for every beta build, but maybe I could make it at least recognize there is a new one.

"%dbname% - %epn% of %totep%": That's a really bad idea, something like "chobits 1 of 24" would make malu detect all episodes as 24th when you open them again. Maybe something like Chobits 1 [1/24] though.

2nd part, I think that's a very custom thing, most people will probably sort them differently :p Me for instance:
"anime downloads" where uTorrents drops everything
"anime" with folders for misc anime
"### Spring 2008 ###" with folders from current season, same with 2 older seasons
"watched" with folders for completed and watched anime
"completed" with folders for completed but still not done watching

Anyway, interesting feature, I am editing the first post of this thread with a list of requests that are still pending (I believe yours is the only one excluding stuff from the beta)
Jun 3, 2008 3:09 PM

Aug 2007
Kotori said:
betas: too much work to compile and upload a complete installer for every beta build, but maybe I could make it at least recognize there is a new one.

yeah, I can handle that much work
"%dbname% - %epn% of %totep%": That's a really bad idea, something like "chobits 1 of 24" would make malu detect all episodes as 24th when you open them again. Maybe something like Chobits 1 [1/24] though.

ye, it was just a stupid example, I don't even use the "of **" part :P I just add "END" on the last one.

2nd part, I think that's a very custom thing, most people will probably sort them differently :p Me for instance:
"anime downloads" where uTorrents drops everything
"anime" with folders for misc anime
"### Spring 2008 ###" with folders from current season, same with 2 older seasons
"watched" with folders for completed and watched anime
"completed" with folders for completed but still not done watching

You, dear sir, like to work a lot to sort stuff :D
I just have a folder for downloads, then when I watch those I move them to the watched folder, then when I watched a whole series it goes to the "complete" one waiting to be put on DVDs (then DVDs stay in a pile till I'm not lazy and I feel like moving ALL the damn miniatures and similar stuff to get the DVD case :P)

Anyway, interesting feature, I am editing the first post of this thread with a list of requests that are still pending (I believe yours is the only one excluding stuff from the beta)

yeah, I am always able to find new ways to make other people work <3
btw, the beta is <3
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jun 4, 2008 11:02 AM

Apr 2008
Kotori said:

You will be able to do this with the next release:
http://techsuki.net/apps/MalUpdater/leetbeta.jpg

Thanks a lot!!!! <3

Jun 4, 2008 9:51 PM

Jul 2007
New for next build: Main picture and shadows can have different levels of alpha blending now, effectively fading the edges

Jun 6, 2008 5:14 PM

Sep 2007
Question: Can't you make a sound notification for the new torrents aswell? :) I mean similar to the Hanyuu sound if Malu can't connect. Cos pop-up is fine, but I can't see it if I'm not right in front of my computer :D
Jun 6, 2008 6:19 PM

Nov 2007
SunyiNyufi said:
Question: Can't you make a sound notification for the new torrents aswell? :) I mean similar to the Hanyuu sound if Malu can't connect. Cos pop-up is fine, but I can't see it if I'm not right in front of my computer :D

I had to turn this off because a bug centred around playing the Hanyuu sound bite caused MALU to crash. :(

Btw has that been fixed Kotori? Can I turn Hanyuu back on? haha.

Feature request: Choosing your own error sound. This seems like something that could be Really Hard to implement, especially considering how small it is xD

EDIT: Oh god, Do Want Shana yelling UROSAI UROSAI UROSAI whenever MALU has an error.
Jun 6, 2008 7:41 PM

Jul 2007
New sound: sounds good, will find a new sound for that

AotS: can you try with the beta? it has a special crash debugger in it, so if you get another crash with the sound please save the report and post it here.

Custom sound is very easy.
KotoriJun 7, 2008 3:51 AM
Jun 7, 2008 3:51 AM

Jul 2007
CanadaAotS said:
EDIT: Oh god, Do Want Shana yelling UROSAI UROSAI UROSAI whenever MALU has an error.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=27555&pages=3&show=60#msg1212714

the urusai sounds didn't come up very good.. see if you can send me better ones :D
Jun 7, 2008 9:57 AM
Apr 2007
it would be nice if u could make it so that the limitation for the torrents is user customizable

and i dont know if its me but when i use the theme manager/creator the windows are somehow ever ontop regardless which mal window is focused
thats anying because the dialogboxes &co wont show up
Jun 7, 2008 10:24 AM

Jul 2007
windows on top: fixing

you can customize the torrents stuff a lot in the current beta, check it out
Jun 7, 2008 6:32 PM
Apr 2007
Kotori said:
windows on top: fixing

you can customize the torrents stuff a lot in the current beta, check it out

i ment the thing about only fetching 30 entries
Jun 7, 2008 7:30 PM

Jul 2007
That's a limit from TT itself, and it used to be just 15 per category not long ago.
Jun 10, 2008 1:45 AM

Nov 2007
I really, really hope I'm not repeating something, but I've searched multiple pages and I haven't seen it mentioned...

Can you add support for SMPlayer?
Jun 10, 2008 2:46 AM

Nov 2007

Uh, yes. =)
Jun 10, 2008 3:04 AM

Jul 2007
Jun 10, 2008 9:19 AM

Jul 2007
If you think of more players that are really used for anime let me know and I'll try to add them (not Veoh, impossible for now)
Jun 11, 2008 12:19 AM

Nov 2007
Thanks!

I think you've covered most of the mainstream mediaplayers. The only other thing I could think of is Itunes. I'm sure someone out there uses it for anime. Maybe Quicktime? (If those two haven't already been suggested).
Jun 11, 2008 12:21 AM
Jun 11, 2008 12:22 AM

Nov 2007
Kotori said:
ugh @ itunes/qt

LOL, I agree. I hate both of those >.<
Jun 11, 2008 12:23 AM

Jul 2007
Veoh would be nice but I've found no way to do it :(
Jun 11, 2008 12:27 AM

Nov 2007
Kotori said:
Veoh would be nice but I've found no way to do it :(

Would there be a way for Mal Updater to view recently downloaded internet content and...based on the name of the temporary internet file...have it auto-update? Every time you view a Veoh video, your computer logs it somewhere.

I guess that might be impossible if those files are named random letters/numbers...
Jun 11, 2008 12:37 AM

Jul 2007
I've searched in the registry, Veoh's program folder, and Veoh's user folders, no trace :( Haven't checked the internet temporal folder yet but I don't think that will help. Other normal ways that I use with mpc, vlc etc don't work with Veoh either.
Jun 11, 2008 1:08 AM
Apr 2007
Kotori said:
Added, this one was easy.

cause it just a frontend for mplayer
Jun 11, 2008 4:59 AM

Aug 2007
I dont know if it was added (i can't find it) but it should be a feature that would allow the user to deactivate the tracking of one of the media programs. For example i use MPC and VLC for anime but use Winamp for music and have some conflicts when the both are up because MAL Updater checks both players (not to talk that i had to deactivate pop-ups and sound because it would bother me with Media not Found everytime i switched music)

If i choose only MPC as media player and watch some animes in VLC of course they wont get updated. Wouldn't it be simple to have a "Don't Track" feature instead of a Player feature?
Jun 11, 2008 5:24 AM

Jul 2007
Very easy to do, guess you are using "Any" which checks for all the players, but takes the one on top first (MPC). Normally people use only 1 player for video :p
Adding the request for next version, it's easy to do.
Jun 11, 2008 6:55 AM

Jul 2007
When I start MALu it does a check for my anime folders and removes them if they are not present, which is a little annoying since I usually have my external harddrive turned off D:

Can an option be added to disable this?
Jun 11, 2008 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
Hmm, didn't think of that. Until the next release, you could export/re-import the settings maybe.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (30) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

Sticky: » [Bug reports / Help] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Feb 19, 2008

5259 by Bahamut_Zero »»
Sep 27, 2022 5:06 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.