Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2015 8:33 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I keep getting distracted by the fact that they pronounce "Cambrian" like "Cumbria"...

So, an educational programme about the Cambrian era, huh? I guess from that angle it isn't that bad, and it reminded me of various educational programmes that fascinated me when I was little.

It's an interesting era, the Cambrian, but the thing that makes it interesting (like the Ediocaran before and the Silurian later) is just how much there is that we don't know about it... So anything like this will inevitably have masses of uncertainty, unrealisticness and unknowns to it.

Although one thing that we can be fairly confident of is that being ejected into the sea like that would most likely be even more fatal than being attacked by an Anomalocaris. And that Pikaia didn't look, behave or sound anything like that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 21, 2015 3:22 PM

Oct 2007
This looks like a cute show, but there's nothing past episode 4 available for it. Hope more becomes available soon, as more than 4 episodes have aired.
Jan 31, 2017 11:17 AM

May 2016
kuuderes_shadow said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I keep getting distracted by the fact that they pronounce "Cambrian" like "Cumbria"...

So, an educational programme about the Cambrian era, huh? I guess from that angle it isn't that bad, and it reminded me of various educational programmes that fascinated me when I was little.

It's an interesting era, the Cambrian, but the thing that makes it interesting (like the Ediocaran before and the Silurian later) is just how much there is that we don't know about it... So anything like this will inevitably have masses of uncertainty, unrealisticness and unknowns to it.

Although one thing that we can be fairly confident of is that being ejected into the sea like that would most likely be even more fatal than being attacked by an Anomalocaris. And that Pikaia didn't look, behave or sound anything like that.

Do you maybe remember how or on which site you saw this anime, it seems to be super hard to find.
I like bad endings

Jan 29, 2018 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
Pikaia is such a sweet and loveable pokemonesque character. Not sure yet, what I'll effectively learn from this show. Although, knowing how the animals looked like during this time is nice. Incredible our development on earth over hundreds of thousands of years, right? I kinda like the mixed futuristic but also historical setting.

Also, the opening is really nice! :D

EDIT:

Illudere said:

Do you maybe remember how or on which site you saw this anime, it seems to be super hard to find.

You can order pikaia in Japanese from cd japan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=pikaia
FlueckliJan 29, 2018 1:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2023 7:42 PM
Mar 2019
Life before Dinosaurs begins.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pikaia! Episode 13 Discussion

Flueckli - Jan 30, 2018

1 by bushman66 »»
Dec 27, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Pikaia! Episode 6 Discussion

Flueckli - Jan 30, 2018

1 by bushman66 »»
Nov 30, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » Pikaia! Episode 2 Discussion

kuuderes_shadow - Dec 10, 2015

5 by bushman66 »»
Nov 27, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Pikaia! Episode 12 Discussion

Flueckli - Jan 30, 2018

0 by Flueckli »»
Jan 30, 2018 3:50 AM

Poll: » Pikaia! Episode 11 Discussion

Flueckli - Jan 30, 2018

0 by Flueckli »»
Jan 30, 2018 3:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.