Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2015 1:01 PM

Aug 2014
offmodel said:
black1blade said:
If you want video quality, buy the Japanese blu rays of newer shows. I personally like the appearance of upscaled older anime a lot of the time. Apparently 16mm film can has about 1080p worth of detail in although that isn't a definite, I was just going through some of the videophile's forums.

Those are two different things, though. If you go back to the film negative, that is a re-scan, not an upscale, it's a big difference. An example would be Discotek's new Cagliostro BD release. That is a true negative re-scan, which is why it looks so good compared to an old 1080p upscaled rip you might find floating around online

Yeah re-scan sorry. I was specifically saying about how old anime tv series would still be better quality with a rescan. Caglistro was probably on 35mm meaning that it would have the potential to be even higher resolution.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 30, 2017 9:59 AM
May 2015
BatoKusanagi said:
Depends where you live. Aside from Japan, obviously, it's easier to watch 'legit' if you live in a first-world country (preferably English speaking). Where I live pretty much every legal way to watch anime is region-locked, so I say screw it and go pirate, with the rare import of my favorite series.

That's not always the case, I live in a first world country yet there aren't really any legal ways to watch anime. Funimation is US-exclusive afaik and on CrunchyRoll the majority of anime aren't available to me.

My only way would be to buy the DVD's for most series, but that's far too expensive and I don't want to stock up on DVD's in my house. Well, I don't have the money for it in the first place.
Jul 4, 2017 10:04 PM
Jul 2015
I really do want to watch anime legally. But I just can't. Crunchyroll has somehow created license issues in my country. So I cannot watch there anymore. Also the only anime channel that we had here is also gone. There are only a limited number of shows on Amazon and Netflix and that too dubbed and I am in no condition to buy DVDs as they are way too costly in India. What else am I supposed to do :(
Jul 5, 2017 10:53 AM
Sep 2014
you can also watch anime for free on http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/ it`s a legal & offical site
Jul 5, 2017 4:57 PM

Jun 2009
Anime on DVD and Blu-Ray is cheaper than what it was 10-20 years ago. You would have to buy a VHS tape with only 2 episodes for $30-$40 back in 1997. With DVD's, you had three episodes on a disc, but you still had to buy volumes. Now you can get the whole series on Blu-Ray for $20-40. I got Serial Experiments Lain on Blu-Ray on Amazon for $20 which is a great deal to me.
Nov 20, 2019 2:06 PM
Feb 2019
Is watching old animes on illegal sites ok? Cause Funimation is not available in India... And I once downloaded Crunchyroll... But I didn't find the most popular animes there... Saying "Sorry it's not Available in your Region"... And I mostly watch New Animes after a year... So what should I do???
Nov 20, 2019 2:12 PM

May 2013
You're supposed to be a good little child while sucking the teet of corporate greed.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 20, 2019 6:33 PM

Sep 2014
Nice necro. If necrophelia was my thing I would be aroused now.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

65 by FanofAction »»
52 seconds ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

15 by Toooooooooohru »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

9 by Toooooooooohru »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

23 by Toooooooooohru »»
20 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

32 by Dauphine »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.