Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 2015 1:19 AM
May 2015
So recently I stumbled upon the manga Tokko. I absolutely loved it. I was totally intrigued, and raced through until I finished the third volume. I noticed that it didn't mention what the next volume would be about, nor did it even mention a next volume which I found quite odd.

I instantly started to Google the serious to only find out there's only f*cking 3 volumes. I was (still kind of am) livid.

Anyways, I see that there is an anime and wanted to know if it's any good. Does it follow along right with the manga? Also, does it actually finish the story or just cut off?

Thank you.
May 10, 2015 1:32 PM
May 2015
offmodel said:
I'm about to go to bed, so I'll give you a short answer, but feel free to ask if you have more questions. The anime deviates a bit from the manga (it's really rushed due to the low episode count, sort of like Hellsing Ultimate is to Hellsing), but is mostly close to it. The main difference is the ending, which cuts off before the manga ends, suffering from an even bigger cliffhanger since the manga just has an open ending. It also throws in
which I don't think was in the manga. Overall I think the anime is worth a watch if you liked the manga, but it won't give you any more (actually gives you slightly less) closure.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
Very disappointing to hear though :/ man I really liked the potential it had.
Jul 2, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
there's apparently some type of sequel, but it hasn't been scanlated/translated.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokko Chapter 1 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 17, 2012

1 by Punkero »»
Mar 6, 2016 4:58 PM

Poll: » Tokko Chapter 5 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 19, 2012

1 by twerp_ »»
Jul 2, 2015 1:44 PM

Poll: » Tokko Chapter 4 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 19, 2012

1 by twerp_ »»
Jul 2, 2015 1:34 PM

» I thought there were eleven chapters?

xsilicon9 - Mar 5, 2015

0 by xsilicon9 »»
Mar 5, 2015 12:22 AM

Poll: » Tokko Chapter 0 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 24, 2012

0 by ricardocsc »»
Aug 24, 2012 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.