Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 16, 2015 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
skudoops said:

I honestly am not sure how someone watching this show could come to the conclusion the war wasn't about resources. The first war was explicitly stated to be about resources and the second was indirectly about them.

Agressors will always be the one at fault and that's harsh truth. That they couldn't provide better lives for their citizens is because of their incompetency in the first place. Why would they leave earth and estabilish new race/country on mars in the first place? shouldn't they know beforehand it won't last forever on planet without water/air etc.
Also why won't they estabilish embassy on earth to make diplomatic relations with every available country to get resources but start an all out attack - they landing castles destroy most of those resources like animals... plants etc. so they will gain less than by diplomatic means.

If it is just hate/jealousy reason of agression towards population of earth then they are just plain stupid power rigget faggots which need to be get rid of, like every agressor who thinks he is doing good for his people by destroying others.

HandsomeMan said:

Like the latest episode "You are also a part of me." - she tells to Inaho. Since when? There was barely any romance between them at the end of season 1, if you can call it that.

Well it is hard to tell from time we got to see them together as it is limited per episode, after all this isn't a romance anime. So we can only assume they spent somewhere about 6 months together "off screen time". War started on summer ended on winter (december 2014) as says ep.12.
So if you take this time into account not looking just at "moments per episode" then there would be a reason.
I do not need to see moments between characters just to be clear about their relationships.

Could you tell the same if it was directed towards Slaine? We have only see him once with Hime in season 1. So it is the same case even if he is her childhood friend.
ArreitMar 16, 2015 3:20 PM
Mar 16, 2015 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
Raisken said:
Well it is hard to tell from time we got to see them together as it is limited per episode, after all this isn't a romance anime. So we can only assume they spent somewhere about 6 months together "off screen time". War started on summer ended on winter (december 2014) as says ep.12.
So if you take this time into account not looking just at "moments per episode" then there would be a reason.

Are you joking..?
Your "logic" can be applied to every anime or story that ever existed. If all we had to do was "assume" that something happened "behind the curtains" then things like doujinshi and fan-fics can be considered canon.
"We can only assume" is the worst argument I heard. Why don't we just make "assumptions" for every character in this show then, like this is all a story created by the two best friends Inaho and Slaine, who are highschool students on their way to become the top mangaka lmao
Mar 16, 2015 3:23 PM

Oct 2011
HandsomeMan said:
Raisken said:

Are you joking..?
Your "logic" can be applied to every anime or story that ever existed. If all we had to do was "assume" that something happened "behind the curtains" then things like doujinshi and fan-fics can be considered canon.
"We can only assume" is the worst argument I heard. Why don't we just make "assumptions" for every character in this show then, like this is all a story created by the two best friends Inaho and Slaine, who are highschool students on their way to become the top mangaka lmao

You can assume such things in such genres which aren't romance/ecchi/harem etc. If they added it here then it wouldn't be aldnoah anymore but competition for princess affections anime.

You do not need to adopt such logic like mine, after all I never said it you need to. But the fact is, you can't see them 2gether because of screening time, I on the other hand don't have such problem if i know this isn't romance genre, so I am just trying to find "how could she develop such feelings" without showing it on screen earlier.
ArreitMar 16, 2015 3:28 PM
Mar 16, 2015 3:59 PM
Aug 2012
KamiCity said:

The reasons for vers to invade earth were because they thought they killed the princess.

Yes, that's right.
If you're going to wage war, the best thing you can do is start of with high morale, and what better morale-boost is there than to tell your own people that their war is Just...? They needed to rally the undecided portion of Vers into action, and the Princess was the perfect excuse, literally, she couldn't have gotten her naive intents of peace at any better point, as the tensions were already skyrocketing at that point.

If it wasn't the Princess, it would've been something else, the Vers had their eyes on Earth before the Princess even entered the picture, and they would've waged war one way or another...
Raisken said:

You can assume such things in such genres which aren't romance/ecchi/harem etc. If they added it here then it wouldn't be aldnoah anymore but competition for princess affections anime.

You do not need to adopt such logic like mine, after all I never said it you need to. But the fact is, you can't see them 2gether because of screening time, I on the other hand don't have such problem if i know this isn't romance genre, so I am just trying to find "how could she develop such feelings" without showing it on screen earlier.

You will never be able to convince anyone with your point of view with that logic though, since it's all based on assumptions.

All your logic serves to do is fill in the plot-holes the creators left unattended, making up excuses for their mistakes.
shurryyMar 16, 2015 4:08 PM
Mar 16, 2015 4:24 PM

Oct 2011
shurryy said:

You will never be able to convince anyone with your point of view with that logic though, since it's all based on assumptions.

All your logic serves to do is fill in the plot-holes the creators left unattended, making up excuses for their mistakes.

I never intented to convince someone, but give them a proposal that they can do it like that, after all creators always leave a space to use for our imaginations like open endings, blank spaces between scenes etc.
Like I said before I wasn't planning to change his point of view or convince him I just stated what creators always make use us "imagination".
Mar 16, 2015 5:32 PM
Mar 2012
ANGRY2011 said:

To go slightly further, there isn't anything inherently wrong with preferring Slaine to Inaho, nor is there anything wrong with liking Slaine's actions and criticizing Inaho for what you call "superficial" reasons.

Superficial reasons are petty by nature. And slaine's actions are morally reprehensible.
Mar 16, 2015 5:50 PM
Aug 2012
Raisken said:

I never intented to convince someone, but give them a proposal that they can do it like that, after all creators always leave a space to use for our imaginations like open endings, blank spaces between scenes etc.
Like I said before I wasn't planning to change his point of view or convince him I just stated what creators always make use us "imagination".

In most cases, this can be done if the transition is done well and there's actual visual clues to support a case. In Aldnoah's case, it's completely jarring.

What you're doing in this case is making things up because the story-tellers failed to explain things clearly.

Show, don't Tell!
Aldnoah failed on both in terms of narrative and character development.
Mar 16, 2015 7:37 PM

Jan 2015
@shurryy
Well, I agree with what @Raisken said. It is not a romance-type show, so it is not obliged to show any romantic progress at all, regardless if we would think of it to be plain wrong, because that's not the focus of the story.

This kind of focus on writing is not uncommon though, shows like Dragon Ball and Naruto did this as far as I remember.
Mar 16, 2015 11:54 PM

Sep 2014
swn32 said:
ANGRY2011 said:

To go slightly further, there isn't anything inherently wrong with preferring Slaine to Inaho, nor is there anything wrong with liking Slaine's actions and criticizing Inaho for what you call "superficial" reasons.

Superficial reasons are petty by nature. And slaine's actions are morally reprehensible.

And... so what? Neither of those things make someone's preference wrong.
Mar 16, 2015 11:59 PM

Jun 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Icezera said:
Darklight and priest claiming they ever use logic lololol

If ad hominems and baseless claims with no evidence=logic, then please get your heads checked.

Your high school understanding of morality and geopolitics is frankly embarassing to look at.

Oh look. A troll who thinks he can use big words properly.

High school understanding of geopolitics lol.

ANGRY2011 said:
swn32 said:

There wasn't a so what. It was just that.

All we're supposed to take from this discussion is that the fun continues from Akame ga kill forums :)
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Mar 17, 2015 4:11 AM

Jul 2014
blackbishop said:
@shurryy
Well, I agree with what @Raisken said. It is not a romance-type show, so it is not obliged to show any romantic progress at all, regardless if we would think of it to be plain wrong, because that's not the focus of the story.

This kind of focus on writing is not uncommon though, shows like Dragon Ball and Naruto did this as far as I remember.

I think it very much is - just look at the OP. The fact that romance isn't the only genre doesn't change the reality that it is on the forefront. Asseylum and her courtiers are everywhere on the promo, and the princess can't die three times already all for the sake of the shipping war.
A.Z is intended to be a popular gybrid of mecha, drama, romance and the fashionable political intrigue (think ASoIF), too bad that it fails at all of them. Btw, if you want to say that there're too few episodes for all of this - they could've easily skipped the mecha of the week and the boring side characters' scenes to gain time for the important stuff.
Mar 17, 2015 7:25 AM
Mar 2012
ANGRY2011 said:
swn32 said:

It's not about one side's preference being correct or wrong. It's about one side being petty and reprehensible. That's all there is to it.
Mar 17, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2014
swn32 said:
ANGRY2011 said:

It's not about one side's preference being correct or wrong. It's about one side being petty and reprehensible. That's all there is to it.

Like I said, given the toxicity I've seen from both sides, I find it hilarious.
Mar 17, 2015 8:58 AM
Aug 2009
deadoptimist said:
blackbishop said:
@shurryy

I think it very much is - just look at the OP. The fact that romance isn't the only genre doesn't change the reality that it is on the forefront. Asseylum and her courtiers are everywhere on the promo, and the princess can't die three times already all for the sake of the shipping war.
A.Z is intended to be a popular gybrid of mecha, drama, romance and the fashionable political intrigue (think ASoIF), too bad that it fails at all of them. Btw, if you want to say that there're too few episodes for all of this - they could've easily skipped the mecha of the week and the boring side characters' scenes to gain time for the important stuff.

Well, LoGH is the best example of politic+drama+romance+space battle+space opera and it is done perfectly there. I just feel that the fact that they only are able to get 12 episode per cour is hurting this series.

It just don't give enough time for the character to grow and end up making many chara under develop which lead to many inconsistencies and many misinformation.T_T
Mar 17, 2015 9:01 AM

Apr 2008
casiopao said:
deadoptimist said:

Well, LoGH is the best example of politic+drama+romance+space battle+space opera and it is done perfectly there. I just feel that the fact that they only are able to get 12 episode per cour is hurting this series.

It just don't give enough time for the character to grow and end up making many chara under develop which lead to many inconsistencies and many misinformation.T_T

Wow for once we actually agree on something. Has hell frozen over. It's true that the biggest problem with Aldnoah is the fact that they have a very strict limit to work within which stunts any real world development that could happen. This is something a lot of modern anime suffer from since the standards have shifted to shorter seasons as the years have gone on
Mar 17, 2015 9:01 AM

Feb 2015
1. The princess does nothing but turn reactors on and off in the first season.

2. She's been asleep for most of the second season and while she was awake she might as well have been asleep.

3. The bitch trying to steal Yuki's precious otouto right out from under her goddamn nose. Yuki x Inaho Forever

Mar 17, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Wow for once we actually agree on something. Has hell frozen over. It's true that the biggest problem with Aldnoah is the fact that they have a very strict limit to work within which stunts any real world development that could happen. This is something a lot of modern anime suffer from since the standards have shifted to shorter seasons as the years have gone on

casiopao said:

I have kinda answered to this in the previous post already:

deadoptimist said:
if you want to say that there're too few episodes for all of this - they could've easily skipped the mecha of the week and the boring side characters' scenes to gain time for the important stuff.

And I truly think that they could've managed, if they had cut on the crap. A tighter, purely main plot focused narrative would allow them for a much better development of the characters and the setting.

And there is a lot of crap.
They could've cut on the less necessary mecha of the week. The ice kat was unnecessary, the extension of the battle with the three opponents was not justified (nothing happened in between the two parts, no development was given to the counts, etc.). Argyre didn't affect the plot much, though the battle itself was relatively ok. The Maazurek's kat battle could've been done faster.

They could've cut on the slice and side character scenes. Did we need the swimsuit scene? Does anyone care for Calm or the "no boyfriend" assistant of Darzana? How many times have we seen Marito drinking in the first ep without further development? Do they really have time for Rayet? Have the Marito+Darzana subplot got anywhere? Slaine side scenes could be more focused as well, though there slice is more interesting, because it's exotic and they plot against each other.

There's plenty of uninteresting scenes, like the briefings on Deucalion, for example. Or many overextended scenes, like Slaine's torture.

They simply don't manage their time well. And that aside form the fact that they knew how many episodes they had from the beginning, so they should've adapted.
Mar 18, 2015 7:59 PM
Mar 2012
deadoptimist said:

They could've cut on the less necessary mecha of the week. The ice kat was unnecessary, the extension of the battle with the three opponents was not justified (nothing happened in between the two parts, no development was given to the counts, etc.). Argyre didn't affect the plot much, though the battle itself was relatively ok. The Maazurek's kat battle could've been done faster.

Are you actually complaining about mecha battles while watching a mecha anime? If you don't find that entertaining, you really should be watching something else instead of torturing yourself.
Mar 18, 2015 9:27 PM

Sep 2014
swn32 said:
deadoptimist said:

Are you actually complaining about mecha battles while watching a mecha anime? If you don't find that entertaining, you really should be watching something else instead of torturing yourself.

I think he's complaining about the mecha battles involving Inaho because they serve no purpose to the main storyline not because he doesn't like them.
Mar 19, 2015 12:34 AM

Sep 2014
swn32 said:
deadoptimist said:

He's also probably complaining that the mecha battles aren't interesting, not that all mecha battles are uninteresting. To a large extent this season, I agree with him. The mecha battles are lackluster to me, pretty lights at best and a snoozefest at worst.
Mar 19, 2015 1:19 AM
Mar 2012
Shiroryu said:

I think he's complaining about the mecha battles involving Inaho because they serve no purpose to the main storyline not because he doesn't like them.

The story is run of the mill. I wouldn't hold them more important than the mecha battles which are the main reason I watch this show.

ANGRY2011 said:

He's also probably complaining that the mecha battles aren't interesting, not that all mecha battles are uninteresting. To a large extent this season, I agree with him. The mecha battles are lackluster to me, pretty lights at best and a snoozefest at worst.

I find them a lot better than most other mecha shows involving overpowered mecha battles and flashy moves.
Mar 19, 2015 2:14 AM

Apr 2008
swn32 said:
Shiroryu said:

The story is run of the mill. I wouldn't hold them more important than the mecha battles which are the main reason I watch this show.

ANGRY2011 said:

I find them a lot better than most other mecha shows involving overpowered mecha battles and flashy moves.

Could not agree more
Mar 19, 2015 2:18 AM

Jul 2014
^ Er. I don't know who exactly to quote, so I'll simply use the quick reply.

I like the direction of the mecha battles and the idea behind them (mass produced robot vs. super robot, the physics), but they have lost all the tension because of the same power balance and the same outcome, the same tactics, and a number of them don't forward the plot at all. The ugly CGI of the latest martain mecha doesn't help as well. The fact that we don't know most of the technical specs and the limitations of the mecha does not help either.

I'd rather have several tighter and tenser battles with a couple of really strong opponents played for a course of several episodes. And preferrably with a clear understanding of why Deucalion must fight them and how it furthers the end goal.

I just remember the movies about the WW2 I watched, and the play of a chase, of finding a hidden opponent, of quick and dangerous strike into an anemy territory, of covert operation or of a city fight can be so thrilling. I don't ask for the same level of thought, but why is it so bland here?
deadoptimistMar 19, 2015 2:23 AM
Mar 19, 2015 2:35 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
swn32 said:

Could not agree more

I'm glad someone is enjoying them more than I am. You're free to like them, just as I'm free to not.
Mar 19, 2015 2:41 AM

Mar 2013
All I'm saying is, #slainedidnothingwrong is a hashtag for a reason.
Mar 19, 2015 2:45 AM

Apr 2008
fst said:
fst said:

Yes. The utter delusion of his fanbase.
Mar 19, 2015 2:47 AM
Feb 2015
fst said:

I am quite in the dark here, care to clarify future ?
Mar 19, 2015 3:14 AM
Feb 2015
ANGRY2011 said:

TBH if I want to watch a laser show, I did just watch Star wars.
Mar 19, 2015 3:16 AM

Mar 2013
Then, what do you guys consider to be good mecha action?
Mar 19, 2015 3:20 AM
Feb 2015
fst said:

Break blade if I have to name 1, it combines just the right amount of mecha action and character development.
Mar 19, 2015 3:31 AM

Jul 2014
Viktor_Otaku said:
fst said:

I am quite in the dark here, care to clarify future ?

Me too! Please, tell us! I have seen the "Slaine doing nothing wrong" pictures at tumblr (*shudders* I used my "nope, not watching it" skill a lot), but I haven't understood the source.

Though as far as Slaine memes go, rapper Slaine takes the prize in my opinion.
Mar 19, 2015 3:43 AM

Apr 2008
Viktor_Otaku said:
fst said:

Break blade if I have to name 1, it combines just the right amount of mecha action and character development.

Break blade was first a series of movies too though plus it was not anime original but an adaptation. It already had its guidelines pretty much set.
Mar 19, 2015 4:08 AM
Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Viktor_Otaku said:

Break blade was first a series of movies too though plus it was not anime original but an adaptation. It already had its guidelines pretty much set.

A/Z also had pretty much everything done for it, the background, the setting the factions. And the writers just had to go and ruin everything.
Mar 19, 2015 5:25 AM

Apr 2008
Viktor_Otaku said:
Darklight0303 said:

A/Z also had pretty much everything done for it, the background, the setting the factions. And the writers just had to go and ruin everything.

It was anime original. Compared to an adaptation they had a lot more room to fuck things up. THen again standard adaptations fuck things up regardless
Mar 24, 2015 6:04 PM
Apr 2014
skudoops said:
The princess is a bad character, but I'd argue inaho makes the show worse, while she does not.

Princess is a bad character in the same way the flying girl and inko are. They really have no development and generally have a single purpose throughout the show. Princess is an object that people generally want to possess, inko and flying girl have been the comic relief.

this^
the princess isnt the worst character, but shes easily the dumbest. she just goes around asking questions all day. Inaho ruins the show because every episode revolves around him being a god, saving earth while no one else remotely matters. i know hes got the robot eye, but its gotten so out of hand, its a joke. if he was an interesting character, we could put that aside, but hes so boring. as a main character, he doesnt really face many struggles, except the fact that his robot eye will probably end up killing him. thank goodness.
bihl_cosbiMar 24, 2015 6:09 PM
Mar 26, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
For the sake of discussion I am going to slightly undermine my own argument. There’s this idea going amongst the most enlightened that Asseylum is totally ok, cause she is a strong female character and she doesn’t owe anyone anything. So I’ve been thinking about it a bit.

While I usually support the idea that female characters with their own agenda are beneficial for storytelling and culture in general, I think that Asseylum ultimately falls flat in this regard.

First of all, she doesn’t really reach the level of a character in any sensible way, since she has only a couple of traits and is not rally consistent with her background. He stuttered progression doesn’t help either.

The strength is usually shown by overcoming obstacles. Now, Asseylum can be said to be strong due to her unchanging idea of peace and high social standing, but she doesn’t really overcome things, cause she doesn’t recognize the existence of any of the obstacles or measure her actions with anything. (She is kinda misaligned with the real world.)

And finally she is usually reactive, while males, Slaine, Inaho and Kloncine, act in her stead, leaving to her the role of inspiration (can be performed while braindead and in a tube). When she finally has a chance to act, she finds another partner.

All in all, I’d say that she doesn’t live up to the standard.

Also, while it’s true that she doesn’t have any obligation to pay for anyone’s actions with herself, the viewers usually want to see loyalty rewarded in some way or at least recognized – this is normal. And Slaine showed exceptional loyalty at least during the first season.

Additionally there’re a few problematic moments with her actions:

1 She doesn’t feel bad for deaths of her people. (Btw, a cheap copout of Rayet confirming right away that it was martians who tried to kill her is, well, cheap – she is saved from suspicion towards terrans and the intrigue is played down, cause terrans do have a reason to kill her – it could’ve been a revenge for Heaven’s fall or an attempt to end the Versian dynasty). And, especially jarring, she doesn’t care to find out what happened between her subjects near Tanegashima. It’s also unclear what the writers wanted to achieve with the contrast between her dancing and Slaine being electrocuted.

2 There is a problem with her not letting Slaine explain himself to her directly. It is a common courtesy you’d expect given to someone who had once been her friend. From narrative pov it also would’ve allowed for a powerful scene of disbelief, sadness and growing horror. She bashes him with his words from when he was 12 years old. That does seem as though she can’t see a man past her childhood impression of him as a pet. And when Eddelrittuo notes that he kinda kept her alive at least, she says “huh, maybe you’re right”, which is too lighthearted for seeing a formerly good person supposedly destroyed or perverted (with her involvement, even if involuntary).

3 Also there is a problem with her total disregard for her people’s interests. She acts as a totalitarian leader, since she doesn’t heed anyone’s counsel and puts her people’s interests and even safety lower than her own ideas. This is demonstrated by her continuous announcements of unconditional peace without preparation or agreement of others. Basically she sells her own people for her personal satisfaction of doing what she thinks moral. All while using her power over them, given to her by alien technology.

So she seems as a traitor of her nation, and traitors are usually hated as she is hated by many.

I agree with those who say that it would be nice to see her reaction if terrans refuse the offer of peace since they now have an upper hand and can end the war now and for all.
deadoptimistMar 26, 2015 12:34 PM
Mar 28, 2015 1:10 AM
Jun 2013
deadoptimist said:
For the sake of discussion I am going to slightly undermine my own argument. There’s this idea going amongst the most enlightened that Asseylum is totally ok, cause she is a strong female character and she doesn’t owe anyone anything. So I’ve been thinking about it a bit.

While I usually support the idea that female characters with their own agenda are beneficial for storytelling and culture in general, I think that Asseylum ultimately falls flat in this regard.

First of all, she doesn’t really reach the level of a character in any sensible way, since she has only a couple of traits and is not rally consistent with her background. He stuttered progression doesn’t help either.

The strength is usually shown by overcoming obstacles. Now, Asseylum can be said to be strong due to her unchanging idea of peace and high social standing, but she doesn’t really overcome things, cause she doesn’t recognize the existence of any of the obstacles or measure her actions with anything. (She is kinda misaligned with the real world.)

And finally she is usually reactive, while males, Slaine, Inaho and Kloncine, act in her stead, leaving to her the role of inspiration (can be performed while braindead and in a tube). When she finally has a chance to act, she finds another partner.

All in all, I’d say that she doesn’t live up to the standard.

Also, while it’s true that she doesn’t have any obligation to pay for anyone’s actions with herself, the viewers usually want to see loyalty rewarded in some way or at least recognized – this is normal. And Slaine showed exceptional loyalty at least during the first season.

Additionally there’re a few problematic moments with her actions:

1 She doesn’t feel bad for deaths of her people. (Btw, a cheap copout of Rayet confirming right away that it was martians who tried to kill her is, well, cheap – she is saved from suspicion towards terrans and the intrigue is played down, cause terrans do have a reason to kill her – it could’ve been a revenge for Heaven’s fall or an attempt to end the Versian dynasty). And, especially jarring, she doesn’t care to find out what happened between her subjects near Tanegashima. It’s also unclear what the writers wanted to achieve with the contrast between her dancing and Slaine being electrocuted.

2 There is a problem with her not letting Slaine explain himself to her directly. It is a common courtesy you’d expect given to someone who had once been her friend. From narrative pov it also would’ve allowed for a powerful scene of disbelief, sadness and growing horror. She bashes him with his words from when he was 12 years old. That does seem as though she can’t see a man past her childhood impression of him as a pet. And when Eddelrittuo notes that he kinda kept her alive at least, she says “huh, maybe you’re right”, which is too lighthearted for seeing a formerly good person supposedly destroyed or perverted (with her involvement, even if involuntary).

3 Also there is a problem with her total disregard for her people’s interests. She acts as a totalitarian leader, since she doesn’t heed anyone’s counsel and puts her people’s interests and even safety lower than her own ideas. This is demonstrated by her continuous announcements of unconditional peace without preparation or agreement of others. Basically she sells her own people for her personal satisfaction of doing what she thinks moral. All while using her power over them, given to her by alien technology.

So she seems as a traitor of her nation, and traitors are usually hated as she is hated by many.

I agree with those who say that it would be nice to see her reaction if terrans refuse the offer of peace since they now have an upper hand and can end the war now and for all.

So, the reason Asseylum is an alright character is that she *is* a benevolent despot. I don't really want a super-democrat; they're boring. Give me someone with ideals who wants them put into practice. Let them fail. Who cares? What's the worst that happens, Vers goes to war?
Mar 28, 2015 1:29 AM

Jul 2014
ManusDomini said:
So, the reason Asseylum is an alright character is that she *is* a benevolent despot. I don't really want a super-democrat; they're boring. Give me someone with ideals who wants them put into practice. Let them fail. Who cares? What's the worst that happens, Vers goes to war?

Not sure that she is benevolent, at least for her people. She is not shown to care about their lives (despite them being killed right before her) or well-being (Rayet's story didn't got to her in this regard) and she doesn't think about the conditions of the peace she offers to the terrans. This is problematic, since it's not consistent with her position, upbringing as well as the words about loving only her people and it doesn't look too good.

Also personally I can't like idealistic characters, when they don't understand how their ideal refers to the real life. It's good to see someone, who works for his or her ideals, while knowing, at least partially, about problems, price and consequences, but not so much to listen to an idealist, who just talks.
Mar 28, 2015 8:04 AM

Apr 2010
Viktor_Otaku said:
TBH, she is not the worst character. Every single character in this show sucks royally.

Very much this. I prefer her to, say, Inaho and Slaine, though not by all that much. The entire cast are terrible. This series, plotwise, is far from the worst I've seen, but when the entire cast are crap, it just ruins anything good that could come of it. This series is as bad as Shigatsu.
Mar 28, 2015 8:34 AM

May 2013
Tbh Inaho got some development than her. Well, I can't deny that I ship these two but as a character, she's just one-dimensional Princess with no growth (that becoming the Empress is just idk) but

Viktor_Otaku said:
Every single character in this show sucks royally.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 28, 2015 9:40 PM

Jan 2008
This bitch ends up
What a Disney asspull she does. Who does she think she is, Sleeping Beauty?
Estoy_GordoMar 28, 2015 9:43 PM
Mar 29, 2015 2:17 AM

Feb 2014
Rance-sama said:
It's a shit anime, why even bother bitching about one shitty character anyways?

Yeah really shitty. Shitty end to an even shittier anime too.
Mar 29, 2015 9:52 AM

May 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Let me just post these comments:

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Also, can people explain to me what Asseylum thought she could do, or what she was doing?

Oh yeah, she was about to, once again, force her ideals on everyone, damn the consequences. If Lemrina did indeed explain everything to her, then dumbAsseylum should know that it is Slaine's doing that has finally unified her people, and has allowed them to begin to shed their discrimination of Terrans. What do she think happens if she brings him down now? "Peace"?

Does she think she can just tell her people to stop the war....and that they will listen to her? LMFAO. She doesn't understand her people, and seemingly has no interest in trying to. As Slaine said, he's NOT the reason why this war is happening, and that if it wasn't him, it'd be someone else leading the charge.....yet dumbAsseylum ignores that, and demands him to stop?

It's Slaine, Lemrina and Saazbaum that have brought their people together, in place of Asseylum, who should've been doing that from the start. Yes, they have done so in different, and more radical, ways than she would have of course, but they've managed what she refused to even try to do. It is them that understands the feelings of the Martians, not their beloved princess, who supposedly loves them.

For the life of me, I can't get why someone who's supposed to embody so much good, seems to care more about the Terrans, and her people, or her dying empire.

deadoptimist said:
Also Asseylum’s attitude is problematic. She betrayed her people the moment she descended on Earth. She was supposed to be the sole young carrier of aldnoah master activation sequence, by killing her the Earth would’ve most likely destroyed Vers forever. The Versians give her priviledge, power, adoration, so she should also understand her position, her importance to them.

Going to Earth was selfish, since she could offer no real peace at that time.

The fact that she is not saddened in the slightest by the sight of martians (she could even personally know) killed and doesn’t care for her double doesn’t look too good either.

She could’ve given Slaine one chance to talk to her normally as well – for the sake of old times at least. Also she was off for almost two years, she shouldn’t rush to judge things.

To sum it up, she's a princess/queen that doesn't seem to really care about her people, their feelings towards anything, the state of her empire....and, as a result, doesn't seem to really want peace, or at least doesn't know how to even begin.

Yes, Slaine's current goal is to completely annihilate the Earth military, and thus claim it as Vers territory, and in the short term that will lead to a lot of turmoil; during the war, and in the early stages of a Vers controlled Earth. However, in the long run, freely given Aldnoah power for all, plus the abundant resources of Earth does give such a new world many benefits that can only help both Terran, Martians, and the eventual mixed "races" in the long run, in bettering their lives. When the Union defeated the Confederacy, and re-assimilated them into the US, sure it was hard at first, but things eventually settled down, for the most part; no signs of another rebellion. Same with Japan now being allies with the US, after the US completely destroyed their forces in WWII.

Not the ideal plan, I'll give you that, but it's a hell of a lot better, and, yes, more realistic than whatever the hell Asseylum was trying to do.

What the actual hell did she think she was going to accomplish when she strolled down to Earth? You can't create peace on this scale by being nice and friendly. Hell, most periods of peace are AFTER one side has completely defeated the other, and/or forced their complete surrender. She also failed to heed her own council. What if she hadn't sacrificed a lowly Martian peasant for her own safety? She'd be dead, and the Aldnoah power goes with her (this is of course before Lemrina's existence was made known to us).

What did she think she going to accomplish this last episode? Slaine had just told her that he wasn't originally a part of coalition that wanted this war, and, if he wasn't leading the charge, others would take his place. Yet she points her gun at Slaine, and demands that all hostilities be stopped....as if her doing that would've accomplished "peace".

Again, if she's been told everything, then she also knows that her people are now united BECAUSE of Slaine, and this war. She should also know that he plans to make the Aldnoah power free to every one, to destroy the class system. She knows that Slaine, Saazbaum, and Lemrina, have been actually bettering her people....yet she will choose shatter the unity that the Vers have finally managed to attain...for Terrans?

I get she wants peace, but achieving peace, the way she wants to, requires more than her defending the Terrans. As the only viable royal family member, her responsibility, and obligation, should be to leading, and bettering, HER PEOPLE FIRST. Not the Terrans. She doesn't need to declare war, but their livelihood should be an afterthought to her.

If Asseylum actually takes her responsibility as leader seriously, as someone who actually cares about her people, and this war has a less likely chance of happening. The only reason the war started up was because of the Vers monarchy's utter disregard for their citizens, and she disregards hem on a regular basis.

It doesn't help that she's not seen being upset at the sight of Terrans killing her Counts. Yeah, it war, but seeing how she is, you'd think she feel sad, or some guilt, that HER PEOPLE are dying.

I agree with you. But at this ep. there were a little moment were she felt saddness for all that had died. the scene were she declared the other vers count dude to be her husband. ^^
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.