Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2015 2:55 PM
Jul 2014
Okay so since my Durarara thread was such a succes here's a somewhat similar question.

So I picked up the first six volumes of Jormungand a couple weeks back and on the whole was really disapointed by it. It could've worked as a serious action thriller and it could've worked as a Black Lagoon kind of insane action/black comedy series. But in the end it was neither. The comedy was far to run of the mill to really evoke more than the occasional giggle and the (albeit rather good) story was not handled seriously enough for me to immerse myself in it. The dialogues were very mediocre and the whole thing just lacked any sense of style really. However...since I already picked up the first six volumes of the thing (upto Soldier of Destruction arc) and since the story does still somewhat interest me I want to finish it. So I decided to pick up Perfect Order since that's a much cheaper way of finishing it then buying another five volumes as I really don't want to spend to much money on this knowing I'll only mildly enjoy it. However at the same time watching half an anime kind of feels off to me. So here's my question: is the Jormungand anime better than the manga it's based off or is it just more of the same? Because if it's just more of the same I'm not gonna sit through all of season 1 already knowing exactly what is going to happen and just skip immediately to Perfect Order. But if it is better than I may just wanna start all over and have a better experience this time around.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Feb 17, 2015 3:31 PM

Dec 2012
The two anime is just a straight adaptation of the manga from the volume descriptions I'm reading of the manga (I haven't read the manga though). If that's the case then yes, the anime's better, because action is better when it actually moves and has music, sound effects, and voices for the characters. I highly enjoyed the two series personally.

KruszerFeb 17, 2015 3:37 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 17, 2015 7:58 PM

Sep 2013
Anime is better watch the first season 1st, but the manga's art gets better too.
Feb 18, 2015 4:25 AM
Jul 2014
Thanks for the replies. I'm just gonna skip to Perfect Order. I'm sure in terms of just the individual parts such as dialogue and art and such the anime has the amnga beat but if it's basicall just the same thing I'm not gonaa sit through all that again. And hey if I watch Perfect Order and really like it there's a good chance I'll watch both seasons back to back at a later stage as I do sometimes rewatch a show if I really liked it the first time round. For isntance I'm currently rewacthing Monster and am planning to rewatch Psycho Pass soon. Both shows I immensely enjoyed.

Thanks for the info and the recs

(thread can be closed down now as far as I'm concerned)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

94 by Karva1 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

228 by Karva1 »»
Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2012

165 by Aru_Kun07 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.