Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 24, 2015 12:02 AM

Dec 2009
Bought all the volumes recently online through Amazon. I'll probably continue the chapter discussions to avoid spoilers for people that haven't finished the series, but I'm not sure how many people actually have read it through to the ending considering the online releases are so far behind. Definitely something I want to discuss with people, along with the other major series ending plot twists.
Jun 25, 2017 12:32 PM
May 2011
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Bought all the volumes recently online through Amazon. I'll probably continue the chapter discussions to avoid spoilers for people that haven't finished the series, but I'm not sure how many people actually have read it through to the ending considering the online releases are so far behind. Definitely something I want to discuss with people, along with the other major series ending plot twists.

you should scan it since apparently nobody else finished it.
Jun 26, 2017 8:17 AM

Dec 2009
Tylerr said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

you should scan it since apparently nobody else finished it.

Haha wow, 2 and a half years later and its still not finished being scanned? Well I don't really have a good way to scan myself.
Aug 24, 2017 4:21 PM

Aug 2012
I'm glad stop reading before I went any higher. I guess since no one going scan it I mostly drop it.
Aug 24, 2017 5:32 PM

Dec 2009
Order-Sol said:
I'm glad stop reading before I went any higher. I guess since no one going scan it I mostly drop it.

It's a shame since the last arc of the series and the ending are REALLY good too. You should look into buying the manga at some point since its all legally available.
Aug 24, 2017 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Order-Sol said:

It's a shame since the last arc of the series and the ending are REALLY good too. You should look into buying the manga at some point since its all legally available.

I might if find around stores where I live. I never order from some where since I am never home.
Sep 25, 2017 12:33 AM

Aug 2012
I own just the last 3 volumes as I wanted to know the ending, but I am thinking about acquiring the rest as well.
Oct 6, 2017 2:19 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
nightcrawlercyp said:
I own just the last 3 volumes as I wanted to know the ending, but I am thinking about acquiring the rest as well.

Last chapter I read was 115. Do you know what volume of the English release (Yen Press) that would be in, so I know what I would need to get to finish it? I can't find a listing of how the chapters are divided anywhere.
Oct 6, 2017 2:48 AM

Aug 2012
nx6 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Last chapter I read was 115. Do you know what volume of the English release (Yen Press) that would be in, so I know what I would need to get to finish it? I can't find a listing of how the chapters are divided anywhere.
Based on what I can see on online manga sites the chapter 115 is somewhere at the end of vol 16 although some label it as being in volume 13 (maybe some kind of flashback?). So I am about 99% sure it is v 16. Now there are 19 volumes in total. The last 3 mostly explain Motoishima, Thousand, and the actions behind Reishin and give the final battle and a sort of ending to the arc story. The story of Motoishima and Thousand is amazing and while I did not liked too much how it ended shiping aside it was a really good ending.
Oct 6, 2017 2:52 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
nightcrawlercyp said:

Based on what I can see on online manga sites the chapter 115 is somewhere at the end of vol 16 although some label it as being in volume 13 (maybe some kind of flashback?). So I am about 99% sure it is v 16. Now there are 19 volumes in total. The last 3 mostly explain Motoishima, Thousand, and the actions behind Reishin and give the final battle and a sort of ending to the arc story. The story of Motoishima and Thousand is amazing and while I did not liked too much how it ended shiping aside it was a really good ending.

Thanks. I do want to read all the rest, but you know how some publishers divvy things up different and I didn't know if you were even reading it in English. It's been on my list for so long I really want to get it done before I lose interest in it, like I did Claymore (106/159).
Oct 6, 2017 4:16 AM

Aug 2012
nx6 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Thanks. I do want to read all the rest, but you know how some publishers divvy things up different and I didn't know if you were even reading it in English. It's been on my list for so long I really want to get it done before I lose interest in it, like I did Claymore (106/159).
Yes it is translated to English but the panel order remains the one standard for japanesse manga: right to left and the pages start with what we would consider the last and finish with what we would consider the first.
Oct 7, 2017 1:29 AM

Aug 2012
nx6 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

And about Claymore, I do recommend you finish it. The story is ok as long as you ignore how much it drags until the end. The ending is good too. I thought about dropping it too but you know? I am not a quitter. And I am not regretting it. Although I do think that the author made a jackass move just to be able to sell one extra volume in which basically nothing happens but it delays the final show down.
Oct 22, 2017 10:42 PM
Apr 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
nx6 said:

So who did he end up with? Kuro or childhood friend? I'm interested to see if the manga ended differently in the that regard than the anime. If it's the same ending I won't bother reading it. Thanks in advance.
Oct 23, 2017 12:34 AM

Aug 2012
Animepleb28 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
So who did he end up with? Kuro or childhood friend? I'm interested to see if the manga ended differently in the that regard than the anime. If it's the same ending I won't bother reading it. Thanks in advance.
But if you only care about the ending then not sure if you want to read the manga at all. There are a number of differences between the anime and the manga including new characters not found in the anime, a different main villain and a different reasoning from Kuro's brother and a story more complex. I do hope you will read it because in my opinion is worth it.
Feb 13, 2021 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
withholding the official yenpress translations for oneself is the pinnacle of selfishness. not trying to imply anything here but i am.
HibiChikaFeb 13, 2021 1:50 PM
Sep 7, 2021 4:22 AM
Mar 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Animepleb28 said:
But if you only care about the ending then not sure if you want to read the manga at all. There are a number of differences between the anime and the manga including new characters not found in the anime, a different main villain and a different reasoning from Kuro's brother and a story more complex. I do hope you will read it because in my opinion is worth it.

Can you scan the last 3 volumes and upload it online?
Sep 7, 2021 5:26 AM

Aug 2012
katharsis_3173 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

too much work... too lazy... besides I am assuming that there is some licensing issue
Sep 16, 2021 7:54 AM
Mar 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
katharsis_3173 said:

too much work... too lazy... besides I am assuming that there is some licensing issue

Can you at least take photos of the manga using Camscanner app (and convert them to pdf) and message me privately please?? I'm in desperate need of finishing the story but I've no way to buy it in my country

More topics from this board

» Where to buy digital edition?

Berserker207 - Nov 28, 2022

0 by Berserker207 »»
Nov 28, 2022 5:34 PM

» Spoilers-The ending

Eglyntine - Nov 19, 2013

6 by Calissa »»
Dec 8, 2020 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Chapter 115 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

0 by Stark700 »»
Apr 24, 2016 11:13 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Chapter 112 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

1 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
Dec 18, 2015 9:31 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Chapter 114 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Oct 3, 2015 9:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.