Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 14, 2015 9:43 AM

Jul 2007
Mickdrew said:
This has been discussed many times on these forums, and most agree the romance in Fate does come off a little forced.

I for one buy their relationship because I think they complement each other well (I can already hear Fai rage typing), but it is clumsily written at times. The natural bond Shirou and Saber share is there, but just isn't focused on enough. Nasu rewriting some parts would be great.

I do not think Sber/Shirou is clumsily written. It is just a DIFFERENT kind of romance, thus it even has a very different ending. yes I am ignoring last episode
Jan 14, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2014
Veldril said:
After she got to know Rin for awhile, yes she did cared for Rin. Not as much as Shirou, and if there was a situation that she had to choose one of them, she would choose Shirou. But she still had some feeling and cared for Rin to a certain extent.

I know, it was a little sarcastic. True, if there was that kind of situation... I guess she would ignore Rin
Edit: Well she kinda did it in the last episode, Shirou was hurt but both him and Rin were in danger and Saber only begs for him to run, so fuck you tsundere
KeyToCourageJan 14, 2015 9:54 AM
Jan 14, 2015 10:03 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
Mickdrew said:
This has been discussed many times on these forums, and most agree the romance in Fate does come off a little forced.

I for one buy their relationship because I think they complement each other well (I can already hear Fai rage typing), but it is clumsily written at times. The natural bond Shirou and Saber share is there, but just isn't focused on enough. Nasu rewriting some parts would be great.

I do not think Sber/Shirou is clumsily written. It is just a DIFFERENT kind of romance, thus it even has a very different ending. yes I am ignoring last episode

I was expecting you to object that Shirou and Saber perfectly complement each other.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2015 10:09 AM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:
CookingPriest said:

I was expecting you to object that Shirou and Saber perfectly complement each other.
nah SaberXshirou is good rinXshiru is good SakuraX Shirou is....LOLs who are we kidding we all know it was ShirouXKirei
Jan 14, 2015 10:10 AM

Jul 2007
Mickdrew said:
CookingPriest said:

You are right, Mirror each other is a better term considering they are very similar people with the differences that Saber has a hypocritical wish she consistently fools herself into wanting to achieve, while Shirou has already accepted you cant undo the past and should not.

If they could not see themselves in each other, the resolution of fate route would not work.
Jan 14, 2015 1:58 PM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

Zero Saber is a cheap stand in for CHIVALRY!~!!! so Urobuchi could whack on idealism being crappy.

True, but it's still an aspect of her character.
Gen just chose that one character trait and ran with it, while ignoring the other traits. It's still true to her character, and you'll hard pressed to find an OoC moment for her in Zero.

Fack no. In no where in FSN is she outright a chivalry fag.The only time I can think of is that time with Sasaki.

Yes, it's an aspect of her façade but her main character doesn't rely on chivalry like FZ Saber.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 14, 2015 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
They really tried to shove chivalry as a theme down our throats.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2015 2:09 PM

Sep 2014
Aurioch said:
mira-lala said:

But that's not the point of her character. Yesh, she's cute an all, but she shouldn't have taken away her mask yet...

Fack, I'm not complaining. Moe is mai thang after all.

I don't think her mask is taken away. Actually, that was the last chance to show her human side, as I think that's as much characterization as she'll get in UBW TV (thanks you DEEN for ruining Fate route adaptation), considering the shitstorm that will be in the 2nd cour. And they didn't show much now of her non-Servant side, now, did they?

- She feels relaxed around Shirou, same as she did with Iri in F/Z
- She has great compatibility with both Shirou and Rin, caring for both of them, especially Shirou
- She loves good food

And that's it... I think.

I honestly doubt she'd rush to Kiritsugu's help as she rushed to Shirou when
(UBW TV ep6... iirc spoiler)

But that's not how it was in the VN. I don't care how it was with Iri. Infact, what happens with Iri would make her not to get attached to anyone there. Unless they will pull her back.

They actually do understand each other.

Mickdrew said:
They really tried to shove chivalry as a theme down our throats.

Gen....At least he apologized, lol.

To his Saber maid, anyway...
Jan 14, 2015 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
Saber <3
Jan 14, 2015 2:16 PM

Sep 2013
mira-lala said:

That's why Dark Sakura and Saber Alter get along so well :3
Jan 14, 2015 2:17 PM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:
mira-lala said:

No, really, it actually is. ~.~ That's why she freely helps her.
Jan 14, 2015 2:20 PM

Aug 2010
mira-lala said:
Fack no. In no where in FSN is she outright a chivalry fag.The only time I can think of is that time with Sasaki.

Yes, it's an aspect of her façade but her main character doesn't rely on chivalry like FZ Saber.

How do you know it's part of her facade, and not an actual character trait?
And i did say that Gen took that aspect and ran with it, didn't i?
He overused it and over-saturated Saber's character with it,but he didn't invent it.
Jan 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2013
mira-lala said:
Mickdrew said:

There relationship is....interesting. Not sure if Saber freely helping means much.

Explain, pls?
Jan 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Nov 2013
AnNobody said:
I was with a chat with my friend about Saber's personality in F/SN. He said to me that F/SN(2014) ruined Saber's personality at episode 12 of UBW. He has only saw F/Z and all. I can't really agree with that.

To be fair, for an anime-only viewer (or someone who comes from FZ), the scene were Saber starts crying in UBW must seem a bit ridiculous/exaggerated.
Ufotable should have started with Fate, not because "the poor Saber fans don't get their romance!!!", but because its absence hurts the other 2 routes.
Jan 14, 2015 2:25 PM

May 2011
Mickdrew said:
mira-lala said:

There relationship is....interesting. Not sure if Saber freely helping means much.

Explain, pls?

In UBW saber says clearly that she and Sakura understand well each other. It's actually a big hint.
Jan 14, 2015 2:30 PM

Sep 2013
normalpriest said:
Mickdrew said:

Explain, pls?

In UBW saber says clearly that she and Sakura understand well each other. It's actually a big hint.

Yeah I got that. They clearly get along well enough. Just not sure if there's any deep meaning behind it, that's all.
Jan 14, 2015 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
mira-lala said:

How do you know it's part of her facade, and not an actual character trait?
And i did say that Gen took that aspect and ran with it, didn't i?
He overused it and over-saturated Saber's character with it,but he didn't invent it.

I didn't say Gen invented it tho. It was there in FSN, not as pronounce, but it was there. The scene with Sasaki, for example.

Mickdrew said:

Explain, pls?

Well, if you think of Alter's personality, she has no reason to help anyone anymore. Or even want to help anyone. She goes along with Sakura because their despair is similar.

Mickdrew said:

Yeah I got that. They clearly get along well enough. Just not sure if there's any deep meaning behind it, that's all.

Nah, no deep meaning. =3

Well, kinda.
Jan 14, 2015 3:21 PM

Jul 2010
I just think Saber and Shirou's relationship works better as a very solid partnership and friendship, based on mutual respect and understanding. Kinda how I imagine the relationship between Bazett and Lancer would have been. But maybe that's just me.
Jan 14, 2015 3:24 PM

Sep 2014
Okaishi said:
I just think Saber and Shirou's relationship works better as a very solid partnership and friendship, based on mutual respect and understanding. Kinda how I imagine the relationship between Bazett and Lancer would have been. But maybe that's just me.

Nah, I've seen a handful of people who've said the same. Ofc, any relationship works for them.
Jan 14, 2015 3:27 PM

Jul 2007
Okaishi said:

But they DO NOT respect each other. they are too similar for that.

Saber hates Shirou's way of no regret and Shirou hates her for trying to undo all those deaths. It is only near the end where Saber understands how wrong it is to want that. Not understands, but accepts it.

They are in love with their ideals and they represent that to each other. Hence why they are able to meet their ends in their own times following them.

It is not a "traditional" love or "romance".
Jan 14, 2015 3:29 PM

Sep 2014
I saw this coming a thousand miles away.
Jan 14, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2010
CookingPriest said:

Saber hates Shirou's way of no regret and Shirou hates her for trying to undo all those deaths. It is only near the end where Saber understands how wrong it is to want that. Not understands, but accepts it.

They are in love with their ideals and they represent that to each other. Hence why they are able to meet their ends in their own times following them.

They might not respect eachother's view of their ideals, but I always assumed there's a sense of respects towards eachother as people. But hey, I've not read the VN in a long time so maybe it's time to refresh my memory.

Maybe it's partly Fate/Zero's influence why I started thinking the romance was out of place, because of how she was portrayed there. I used to like it the first time I read the VN after all.
Jan 14, 2015 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
Saber and Shirou's relationship works together as the sword and the sheath. they are pretty much made for each other in this sense

Sep 2013
mira-lala said:

Nah, no deep meaning. =3

Well, kinda.

Maybe Sakura reminds Saber of Mordred....

0_0
CookingPriest said:
Okaishi said:

uhhh what? Even if you hate what someone stands for, you can still respect them, ya know...

Jul 2013
Okaishi said:

Nah, not just you. It's the same for me as well (and other people I've seen), so you're not alone.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Jan 14, 2015 3:35 PM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:

uhhh what? Even if you hate someone, you can still respect them, ya know...
cough* archer and shirou cough* cough*
Jan 14, 2015 3:38 PM

Jul 2007
Okaishi said:
CookingPriest said:

They might not respect eachother's view of their ideals, but I always assumed there's a sense of respects towards eachother as people. But hey, I've not read the VN in a long time so maybe it's time to refresh my memory.

Maybe it's partly Fate/Zero's influence why I started thinking the romance was out of place, because of how she was portrayed there. I used to like it the first time I read the VN after all.

As I said she does not accept that sense till the very near end of Fate route. Because accepting that she respects him means accepting that she is wrong.
Jan 14, 2015 3:51 PM

Aug 2010
mira-lala said:

I didn't say Gen invented it tho. It was there in FSN, not as pronounce, but it was there. The scene with Sasaki, for example.

... Then what exactly are disagreeing with me on?
Jan 14, 2015 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
astroprogs said:
mira-lala said:

We can all agree that Derpmud is bs compared to Sasaki.
Jan 14, 2015 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
Everyone but 1 or maybe 2 F/Z servants are bs compared to Sasaki.
In multiple ways.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jan 14, 2015 4:00 PM

May 2011
chickenonthepan said:
astroprogs said:

well i like both, don't understand all the fuss against diarmuid lol
Jan 14, 2015 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
normalpriest said:
chickenonthepan said:

he cursed the Grail.
Jan 14, 2015 4:06 PM

May 2011
chickenonthepan said:
normalpriest said:

he cursed the Grail.

wait what, do you mean: "people think he cursed the graail ?" loool
Jan 14, 2015 4:08 PM

Sep 2014
normalpriest said:
chickenonthepan said:

he cursed the Grail.

why did you think the holy grail had mud spewing out of it? it was the curse of deermud.
Jan 14, 2015 4:10 PM

May 2011
Maloghurst said:
normalpriest said:

why did you think the holy grail had mud spewing out of it? it was the curse of deermud.

XD loool opinion of other on him doesn't make him a bad character lol, i think he is a pretty nice guy.
Jan 14, 2015 4:12 PM

Jul 2011
That Irish guy fucked everything
Jan 14, 2015 4:17 PM

Jul 2007
Aurioch said:
In multiple ways.

Say that to the bullshit in Zero subforums right now because apparently Gillies is the best character ever that triumphs all FSN servants.
Jan 14, 2015 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
normalpriest said:
Maloghurst said:

XD loool opinion of other on him doesn't make him a bad character lol, i think he is a pretty nice guy.

And another one falls for the mole.
Jan 14, 2015 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
Praland said:

He fucked my Lucky Charms he did! >:(
“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth. - Shinichi Kudo” - Gosho Aoyama

The Ayako Mitsuzuri Fan Club

Taiga Fuji-nee Club

Prince Kashima Club
Jan 14, 2015 4:28 PM

Nov 2010
CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:
In multiple ways.

Say that to the bullshit in Zero subforums right now because apparently Gillies is the best character ever that triumphs all FSN servants.

Link please. That fallacy has to be corrected.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jan 14, 2015 4:31 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:
In multiple ways.

rofl edgefags much?
Jan 14, 2015 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Okaishi said:

As I said she does not accept that sense till the very near end of Fate route. Because accepting that she respects him means accepting that she is wrong.

She always respected him. She didn't respect his ideals, but she respected him as a person. Accepting that she respects him =/= accepting she is wrong. Apart from being wrong, that makes no sense to begin with. She can respect him without agreeing with him. That's like saying no one in the world respects each other. Most people are always disagreeing.

Really, all I get from this is you not understanding Saber.....As usual. You should stick to Rin and Shirou.

Edit: Yay, Tamamo sig.
Jan 14, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2011
Zombiepie said:
Praland said:

So, Diarmuid cursed you too?
Jan 14, 2015 4:35 PM

Sep 2014
Praland said:
Zombiepie said:

He fucked everyone. Didn't you see that magic mole?
Jan 14, 2015 4:41 PM

Sep 2014
mira-lala said:
Praland said:

it's his ultimate noble phantasm even Saber couldnt resist it for long.
Jan 14, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:
CookingPriest said:

rofl edgefags much?

Also Zero Lancer is so much cooler than FSN Lancer.
Jan 14, 2015 4:46 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Maloghurst said:
rofl edgefags much?

Also Zero Lancer is so much cooler than FSN Lancer.
woa woa now.....now they're speaking blasphemy
Jan 14, 2015 4:50 PM

Dec 2013
CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:
In multiple ways.

Because that was exactly what Zadion said -_-
BAN ME
Jan 14, 2015 4:51 PM

May 2011
woh... well personnal preference and all that (i actually have a friend who didn't even get the ending of fate/zero and well didn't even get the character of kiritsugu and kirei i think) that like Gilles
is all secondary doomed to like character like gille lol

shit the zero subforum looks like crap, is there priest and CG outthere or is it a mining field ? I thought the illuminati was governing XD
Jan 14, 2015 5:00 PM

Sep 2014
Maloghurst said:
mira-lala said:

it's his ultimate noble phantasm even Saber couldnt resist it for long.

Watchu on about? He's Seiba's bitch. =3
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.