Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 13, 2015 7:34 AM
Aug 2012
mbdsquad said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Sure man we care a GREAT DEAL about your ratings........

Do you think I care if you care a great deal about what I just said...........? And it's not "swn32 said", it's "mbdsquad said". It's funny how you tried to make yourself look cool but failed epic-ly. *Facepalm*

You cared enough that someone or MAL made a mistake(frigging MAL and quote chains or could be my lack of sleep) with your name on your "I am so cool cuz i dropped my MAL ratings" badass(?) comment....

Fixed it just for you, happy now?

Jan 13, 2015 7:58 AM

Oct 2014
The answer is easy: Some Urobuchi fans delude themselves that a show being gory, dark and having many deaths makes the show "mature", so the reasons are similar to why many Urobuchi cultists hate on Fate/ stay night, though there it's for the style, while in A.Z it's for trolling Uro fans by bringing people back to life as opposed to killing them.

Another problem is the length. Comparisons to Gundam or Code Geass for example, are not really fair, since those are 50 episodes, so double the lenght of Aldnoah.Zero once it's finished. Obviously many people used to 50 episode Mecha series will consider A.Z rushed.
Jan 13, 2015 10:16 AM
Oct 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
mbdsquad said:

Do you think I care if you care a great deal about what I just said...........? And it's not "swn32 said", it's "mbdsquad said". It's funny how you tried to make yourself look cool but failed epic-ly. *Facepalm*

You cared enough that someone or MAL made a mistake(frigging MAL and quote chains or could be my lack of sleep) with your name on your "I am so cool cuz i dropped my MAL ratings" badass(?) comment....

Fixed it just for you, happy now?

Yes, I'm so happy another person has been added on my ignore list. Oh wait, you didn't care at all, silly me. Just leaving a note then.

P.S. Nice signature btw. It totally represents yourself behavior. Not that you care. Just leaving a note again.
Jan 13, 2015 10:25 AM
Aug 2012
mbdsquad said:

Yes, I'm so happy another person has been added on my ignore list. Oh wait, you didn't care at all, silly me. Just leaving a note then.

P.S. Nice signature btw. It totally represents yourself behavior. Not that you care. Just leaving a note again.

Sigh since you want me to care so much......."I am so devastated for being added to your ignore list". Happy now?

It's a nice signature directed at people who always like to whine on the internet or forums or blogs..........glad you liked it. I am totally not sorry if you feel like it's directed at you.......

Apr 2014
The show pretends to be smart but its not. All the side characters are dumb as fuck except for the mc.

Jan 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
mbdsquad said:

such hatred and for nothing...Im not sure if i should laugh or feel sad...

[b]Internet Life[/b] in a nutshell
LoneWizzyJan 13, 2015 10:32 AM
Jan 13, 2015 11:03 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
The show pretends to be smart but its not. All the side characters are dumb as fuck except for the mc.

As compared to other Mecha shows where the MC winning the fights is due to... what? Power of friendship? Better Mech? Or simply "he is so totally talented that he somehow always wins even if it's 1vs30"? What would be a "actual smart series" to you?

A.Z has Inaho who shows that Aldnoah-Mechs are just another case of "technology so far developed that it appears to be magic to some", but is ultimately proven to be countered by applied scientific knowledge of the current earth's science level. I think this concept is great. How many shows did have this before? Inaho is a breath of fresh air. But of course almost everyone forgets such details and calls him"Gary Stu Tatsuya 2".
Grey-ZoneJan 13, 2015 11:10 AM
Jan 13, 2015 11:16 AM

Mar 2011
^^ Exactly. I like how Inaho is the exact opposite of the generic over-emotional mecha protagonist who wins because he just happened to have some super prototype-mecha.
Jan 13, 2015 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
We're not even talking about the same thing here....
Jan 13, 2015 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
Z4k said:
Shoulda specify that the MC is a genius naturally.
Jan 13, 2015 11:22 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:

Then what Mecha series has a "smart" cast? Give me an example of what YOU consider a "smart Mecha series".

-Klad- said:
Z4k said:

But much more believable than, say, Lelouch. Lelouch was able to know exactly what other people were thinking without even actually being near them and without knowing what they were even currently doing and I cannot remember anyone critisizing that. But now A.Z has Urobuchi involved in some way and the standards of a usual Urobuchi show are not met and suddenly everyone is shitposting about this show. Coincidence?
Grey-ZoneJan 13, 2015 11:26 AM
Jan 13, 2015 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
It's truly one of a kind show where you have such a unique main protagonist. Here is an image of him.

http://www.nma.gov.au/av/portmacquarie/images/making-bricks/large-brick.jpg

This truly makes it special and the well written plot, amazing side characters, interesting and not predictable dialogue makes it one of the most thrilling shows I have watched.
Jan 13, 2015 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Z4k said:

Then what Mecha series has a "smart" cast? Give me an example of what YOU consider a "smart Mecha series".

Any other mecha series.

Grey-Zone said:
-Klad- said:

But much more believable than, say, Lelouch. Lelouch was able to know exactly what other people were thinking without even actually being near them and without knowing what they were even currently doing and I cannot remember anyone critisizing that. But now A.Z has Urobuchi involved in some way and the standards of a usual Urobuchi show are not met and suddenly everyone is shitposting about this show. Coincidence?

Are you kidding me
Jan 13, 2015 11:33 AM

Oct 2014
robis798 said:
It's truly one of a kind show where you have such a unique main protagonist. Here is an image of him.

http://www.nma.gov.au/av/portmacquarie/images/making-bricks/large-brick.jpg

This truly makes it special and the well written plot, amazing side characters, interesting and not predictable dialogue makes it one of the most thrilling shows I have watched.

This again? Really? That's just boring. I just quote myself, as that seemed to shut up anyone talking about Inaho last time, maybe you can give a retort this time?

Grey-Zone said:
Inaho had more development than Slaine. Yes, I just stated that Inaho had development, believe it or not. It's just that most people just skim over the show and don't notice anything. For many people it just seems to be:

If the person is not a completely different character after the "development", then there was no development!

But that is a very naive perspective.

Personally I always consider two "types" of development.

"Shock development", which is an event that extremely shocks the person and brings about anger and/or other emotions in them, leading to them changing their MO at least slightly. This never happened to Slaine, but it happened to Inaho very early on, when one of his classmates was disintegrated directly before his eyes. 90% of people missed this and dismissed this as "the robot clearly shows no expression so nothing changed in him" which is the greatest BS I have heard in years. If you instead look at Inaho's behaviour before and after that scene you will notice fast that Inaho's goal of "let's bring everyone into safety and focus on surviving" changes into "LET'S FUCKING KILL THAT BASTARD (while not showing it on my face)".

"Long-Term development" is the other one, which both Slaine as well as Inaho went through. For Slaine it was making up his resolve, which started from the time he talked with Saazbaum until he decided to kill Inaho for whatever goal he now has in mind. In case of Inaho it was him being able to show his emotions thanks to his relationship with the princess. Yes, that he was able to smile a bit in this episode was NOT due to "cyborg modifications", but due to his relationship with the princess, because he was also able to show emotions right before he "died".

Ok, now time to raise my FLAME SHIELD. I'll take you on!

But hey, I can understand, if you want everything about the show being spoonfed to you, that's totally OK, but then don't complain that you didn't get the whole experience, because you didn't pay attention.
Jan 13, 2015 11:33 AM

Mar 2011
I dont understand. Most people here never had any sort of problems with kuudere/dandere characters who are emotionless but now they have problems with Inaho. Why is that?
Raziel1991Jan 13, 2015 11:38 AM
Jan 13, 2015 11:37 AM

Dec 2013
Raziel1991 said:
I dont understand. Most people I here never had any sort of problems with kuudere/dandere characters who are emotionless but now they have problems with Inaho. Why is that?

I always have problems with these type of characters. With some exceptions I just loathe them. So yeah.
Jan 13, 2015 11:38 AM

Oct 2014
Raziel1991 said:
I dont understand. Most people I here never had any sort of problems with kuudere/dandere characters who are emotionless but now they have problems with Inaho. Why is that?

Because those characters are often female, and if they are female, they can be their "waifu" and they, of course, love their "waifus" no matter what.
Jan 13, 2015 11:38 AM

Dec 2013
This thread is dolce :)
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 13, 2015 11:39 AM

Dec 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Raziel1991 said:

Because those characters are often female, and if they are female, they can be their "waifu" and they, of course, love their "waifus" no matter what.

I wonder from where you pulled out this one.
Jan 13, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Z4k said:

Any gundam series. Despite being old their ideas are original unlike the situation here.

PriestSlayer said:
This thread is dolce :)

Saw what you did there.
Jan 13, 2015 11:57 AM

Oct 2014
robis798 said:
Grey-Zone said:

It really is like that for some people, but of course not everyone. There are other reasons as well, some that I already specified before.

Z4k said:

Any gundam series. Despite being old their ideas are original unlike the situation here.

Can't say anything about that. I'd love to watch all the Gundam series, but I don't have enough freetime anymore to watch multiple 50-episode series on a whim. Tried Gundam Seed first episode once, but never had time to continue.
Jan 13, 2015 5:55 PM

May 2012
robis798 said:
Raziel1991 said:

I always have problems with these type of characters. With some exceptions I just loathe them. So yeah.

Personal preference is not valid criticism so it doesn't really matter. I mean hate the character all you want, it won't change anything. You can state your opinions all you want, subjectivity doesn't really add much to the discussion.

https://www.udemy.com/blog/objective-criticism/

Grey-Zone said:

Can't say anything about that. I'd love to watch all the Gundam series, but I don't have enough freetime anymore to watch multiple 50-episode series on a whim. Tried Gundam Seed first episode once, but never had time to continue.

Idk how anyone can say anything about gundam given that it's full of "asspulls" or whatever you want to call them.

MSG the newtypes aren't even mentioned for the entire first half of the series
Watch SEED, Kira's survival is never even explained. He dies in one episode, then miraculously appears in a later episode. A self destruct while he was sealed with no way to escape.
Laina in ZZ is the same thing, she dies then is later reintroduced and was magically saved by someone, the hows are never explained.

Seriously at least Inaho had an explanation as to how he survived, he didn't pull an oh and I was miraculously saved by a stranger with no explanation as to how he did it.
KamiCityJan 13, 2015 6:09 PM
Jan 14, 2015 9:53 PM
May 2014
azurestratos said:
I see people flippin' cause an MC that the show made out like being dead was instead alive.

That's pretty common in mecha anime. So I want to ask why the difference in opinions? I mean most people took it rather well that some characters remained alive,

ex. Kira after fighting Athrun, and after fighting Shinn
Setsuna after the S1 final battle
Was kira shot in the head at point blank?Was he ridden with bullet? There, u have ur answer. But that's not saying seed didn't have its own asspulls, there's a reason Kira is known as Jesus Yamato
Jan 15, 2015 1:10 AM

Apr 2008
X3blizzard said:
azurestratos said:
I see people flippin' cause an MC that the show made out like being dead was instead alive.

That's pretty common in mecha anime. So I want to ask why the difference in opinions? I mean most people took it rather well that some characters remained alive,

Was kira shot in the head at point blank?Was he ridden with bullet? There, u have ur answer. But that's not saying seed didn't have its own asspulls, there's a reason Kira is known as Jesus Yamato

It wasn't point blank but close range. Point blank would have the gun barrel inches from Inaho's face.

And riddled with bullets loses meaning when your aim is so poor that only a couple actually hit the guy
Jan 15, 2015 1:12 AM

May 2012
X3blizzard said:
azurestratos said:

I'm pretty sure surviving a headshot is more believable than surviving a 2 mech explosion while being sealed inside because the other fool decided to self destruct.
Was Kira's survival ever explained?
I mean seriously how do you survive this?

skip to 5:40
Jan 15, 2015 1:41 AM

Oct 2014
KamiAlice said:
X3blizzard said:

I'm pretty sure surviving a headshot is more believable than surviving a 2 mech explosion while being sealed inside because the other fool decided to self destruct.

And didn't Shinn like stab his cockpit in Destiny and he survived?
Jan 15, 2015 2:42 AM
May 2014
Knight-Artorias said:
KamiAlice said:

And didn't Shinn like stab his cockpit in Destiny and he survived?
Well I did say that seed had tons of asspulls, it got so bad that it even became a running joke where Kira is called Jesus Yamato, the guy that died for our sins but kept coming back.Iirc seed and seed destiny had gotten tons of hate during the original airring but after a few years when people question how Kira survive, the answer is always he is Kira "Jesus" Yamato. I would even say the hate seed and seed destiny got during the original airing was a lot more than what aldnoah got
Jan 15, 2015 4:15 AM
Nov 2012
So I totally missed the existance of this show until recently when I accidentally heard a melody from it on youtube and realized that I have had the exact same tune stuck in my head for a week quite a few months back (mind you, as I said I had never watched it, so I find this event strange). Decided to watch it on that fact alone, and now that I spent a day watching first season + latest episode, and read this thread, I only have some simple stuff to say.

From pretty early on I got the feeling that this is the kind of anime where, if a character isnt killed by a mecha, they didnt really die. Only exception would be the initial traitor guy, but I attribute that to him being the MC's "first kill" while in mecha-suit, and although traitor himself didnt die by that, its more that they let him live just to give slaine some minor development than anything else.
So while MC and princess did raise some pretty solid death-flags towards the end there. along with head-shots, I am not entirely surprised that they survived. And the count not surviving? Never crossed my mind. Even if they had actually died, this is a sci-fi show, they could just have introduced some sort of Aldnoah device that can resurrect people.
With that said, I still find the writing cheap when I consider that it was a season finale for most people. At least I had season 2 available from the get-go.

And for those who complain as to why slain would let the count survive, you have to remember that he has been told (as to its veracity, I am not sure) that everyone on this side of the moon is on the counts side with the whole "kill the princess" deal. With the extents of her injuries he probably deemed it necessary to get her marsian health-care (she was shot in the head after all) and the only way to do that was to get one of the knights to help him. Who better than the nearby count he can hold at gunpoint and that seems to hold some fondness for him?

The third point I want to raise is that I totally did not expect the importance of kissing in transmitting the Aldnoah genes. Not only because of the lack of flashy fx, or the fact that MC didnt rly kiss, but only touch lips for the sake of cpr (needs more "magic of love"!), but also for the interesting little tidbit that grandpa Vers passed the genes to those initial knights. It seems he must have had quite an open mind back in his youthful days. Did not expect that.

EDIT:
Oh, also, I hate slaine. For someone so competent he is extremely incompetent.
Jan 15, 2015 4:35 AM

Apr 2008
feha said:
So I totally missed the existance of this show until recently when I accidentally heard a melody from it on youtube and realized that I have had the exact same tune stuck in my head for a week quite a few months back (mind you, as I said I had never watched it, so I find this event strange). Decided to watch it on that fact alone, and now that I spent a day watching first season + latest episode, and read this thread, I only have some simple stuff to say.

From pretty early on I got the feeling that this is the kind of anime where, if a character isnt killed by a mecha, they didnt really die. Only exception would be the initial traitor guy, but I attribute that to him being the MC's "first kill" while in mecha-suit, and although traitor himself didnt die by that, its more that they let him live just to give slaine some minor development than anything else.
So while MC and princess did raise some pretty solid death-flags towards the end there. along with head-shots, I am not entirely surprised that they survived. And the count not surviving? Never crossed my mind. Even if they had actually died, this is a sci-fi show, they could just have introduced some sort of Aldnoah device that can resurrect people.
With that said, I still find the writing cheap when I consider that it was a season finale for most people. At least I had season 2 available from the get-go.

And for those who complain as to why slain would let the count survive, you have to remember that he has been told (as to its veracity, I am not sure) that everyone on this side of the moon is on the counts side with the whole "kill the princess" deal. With the extents of her injuries he probably deemed it necessary to get her marsian health-care (she was shot in the head after all) and the only way to do that was to get one of the knights to help him. Who better than the nearby count he can hold at gunpoint and that seems to hold some fondness for him?

The third point I want to raise is that I totally did not expect the importance of kissing in transmitting the Aldnoah genes. Not only because of the lack of flashy fx, or the fact that MC didnt rly kiss, but only touch lips for the sake of cpr (needs more "magic of love"!), but also for the interesting little tidbit that grandpa Vers passed the genes to those initial knights. It seems he must have had quite an open mind back in his youthful days. Did not expect that.

EDIT:
Oh, also, I hate slaine. For someone so competent he is extremely incompetent.

Was it Alliez? That one is a recurring brain worm for me too
Jan 15, 2015 5:22 AM
Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
feha said:

Yep, exactly that one. The melody is simple enough it must be because I heard it elsewhere in another song, but cant figure out from where...
Or maybe its just such an infective tune I that it got stuck after hearing the melody once in the bg of some video unrelated to the actual anime?
Jan 15, 2015 5:39 AM

Apr 2008
feha said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yep, exactly that one. The melody is simple enough it must be because I heard it elsewhere in another song, but cant figure out from where...
Or maybe its just such an infective tune I that it got stuck after hearing the melody once in the bg of some video unrelated to the actual anime?

The composer is quite renowned and he's worked on the soundtracks for a lot of the bigger recent hits. ATtack on Titan and Kill La Kill are some of his most recent. Though most know him for his work on the GUndam Unicorn OST
Jan 15, 2015 6:02 AM

Jan 2015
robis798 said:
Grey-Zone said:

You ta joke.
The base Slaine fans, are women, children, and people who do not know what mecha.
Have you ever seen research where the character name of Slaine trim?
The name of Slaine trim in research, with character as the free eternal summer, Kuroko in Basket, Haikyuu !! - All anime many related to the genus Mecha.
Guy will watch shojo, or hentai NTR it you find one monter characters equal to Slaine

gray-zone - I saw your comment on animesuki, the princess was shot in the chest and other parts, may have reached somewhere that Fireman blood to the brain, caused the loss of brain function.
seujair31Jan 15, 2015 7:54 AM
Jan 18, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2008
Grey-Zone said:
Z4k said:

As compared to other Mecha shows where the MC winning the fights is due to... what? Power of friendship? Better Mech? Or simply "he is so totally talented that he somehow always wins even if it's 1vs30"? What would be a "actual smart series" to you?

A.Z has Inaho who shows that Aldnoah-Mechs are just another case of "technology so far developed that it appears to be magic to some", but is ultimately proven to be countered by applied scientific knowledge of the current earth's science level. I think this concept is great. How many shows did have this before? Inaho is a breath of fresh air. But of course almost everyone forgets such details and calls him"Gary Stu Tatsuya 2".

Armored Trooper Votoms for starters.

LevoJan 18, 2015 12:11 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.