Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2015 8:11 PM
May 2013
Like others I have also read Grisaia no Kajitsu visual novel and I really enjoyed it, with it being my favorite.

With the Kajitsu anime over and the squeal Grisaia no Meikyuu just around the corner coming this spring, from what I hear. With the success of the Grisaia Kickstarter and with the estimated release of the translated visual novels series being sometime next fall maybe.

My question is who is going to not watch the anime and wait for the visual novel or watch the anime then read the visual novel. Because I'm still debating which I may do, cause like any adaption the original is always better, so Im not sure if i should wait and read the vn before I watch the anime.

What is everyone thoughts about this topic?
Jan 4, 2015 1:06 AM

Oct 2013
honestly i come just to watch the anime and its was really a great show(yup some flaw but it happen often) i never watched the VN, but the anime was really amazing honestly really good
Jan 4, 2015 3:12 AM

Mar 2013
If you're someone who enjoys reading VNs in the first place, why not wait for the VN sequels? They're obviously going to be better, even if 8bit were to somehow not fuck them up in anime form. Watching the anime first is just going to spoil the experience of reading the VNs since you'll know what happens in the story already... why make that experience weaker when you absolutely don't have to?

Different story of course for people who are not interested in VNs.
Jan 4, 2015 5:15 AM

Jan 2012
Honestly it matters alot if ya watch teh failed "Kajitsu" anime and then try to read teh vn. Kajitsu is very long and has quite a few boring parts like Yumiko route, so its really bad thing to get spoiled on this(well Yumiko route is a bad example as her route wasnt adapted in teh first place xD But ya know what i mean.).
I also wouldnt see a way to get teh same emotions with knowin' teh story and probably wouldnt have read teh vn after seein' this bad mess.

I dont think this applies to Rakuen as its very short, very well presented(honestly it doesnt even need an anime unlike a certain failed Kajitsu adaption...) and very enjoyable read. Story also doesnt matter as much there. So i could even enjoy it with spoilers, even if 8bit ruins everythin', which is quite a hard task for Meikyuu & Rakuen. But yeah, they will probably destroy teh experience again with weird fetishes.

Meikyuu isnt even half as long as Rakuen. I was spoiled on both and didnt mind it.

Ya could also end teh series on a good note and forget teh bad anime version asap^^

So yeah, doesnt really matter in this particular case if ya want to watch teh anime and of course read teh vn anyway. Theres also still teh possibility that ya might enjoy teh anime without knowin' teh vn, its sure impossible teh other way around with 8bits bad job so far. :)

Or just read teh vn and ignore teh adaption^^
sanleiJan 4, 2015 5:24 AM
Mar 27, 2015 7:18 PM
Mar 2015
My opinion is that you should watch the anime first.

Yup, I know, most of people aren't gonna agree with me!
But I see it like this:

If you see the Vn story first ( Way more complete ) and then watch the anime, you'll be sad since you expected more, like in the Vn..

If you see the Anime first ( Incomplete story but pictures ) you're gonna be really happy when reading the pieces of story that weren't in the anime. A lot of gaps are going to be filled.
Mar 27, 2015 8:21 PM

Feb 2014
LorenzJFB said:
My opinion is that you should watch the anime first.

Yup, I know, most of people aren't gonna agree with me!
But I see it like this:

If you see the Vn story first ( Way more complete ) and then watch the anime, you'll be sad since you expected more, like in the Vn..

If you see the Anime first ( Incomplete story but pictures ) you're gonna be really happy when reading the pieces of story that weren't in the anime. A lot of gaps are going to be filled.

But then you'll be spoiled by a lot of plot points from the anime that are in the VN. It will leave you with an unsatisfied feeling when all the build up from the visual novel doesn't lead to as great of a payoff since you know almost exactly what will happen. If you play the VN first and go into the anime with as low expectations as possible, is when you get the best experience. This way you can enjoy the VN to it's fullest, while also being able to laugh at the anime's awfulness without disappointment.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Apr 4, 2015 7:31 AM
Oct 2013
agree i suggest reading the vn first
Apr 26, 2015 5:24 PM

Jul 2014
I haven't played the VN, but the routes are waay too short for 12 eps.
Apr 26, 2015 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
I haven't played the VN, but the routes are waay too short for 12 eps.

I hope you mean "long" instead of "short" or we will have a huge discussion about how that is false.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.