Forum Settings
Forums

[MASSIVE SPOILERS] Kadenz fermata//Akkord:fortissimo General Discussion

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 16, 2016 9:47 AM

Oct 2010
Speaking of which, Fermata being in the prologue itself was an inconsistency. Wasn't it supposed to be us? If so, then shouldn't it have only observed the battles rather than interferring with the fights? I mean wasn't the prologue a means of showing us the bad end to the fights to show us the consequences of us not interfering? I felt like the prologue would've been better if Fermata was removed from the prologue and then added in when we got to play, since it is basically us. And we should have a choice to interfere with the fight or not, so it would lead to many possibilities. Of course, this is just a suggestion. But it would be more interesting and the endings might change. I felt like the endings were too reliant on the final battle and how much damage you dealt to Roge, making every choice we made to be useless, compared to fortissimo where you had to pick all the right choices to get the route you want. Hell, I'm pretty sure everyone was confused as to how to get the true ending because the choices didn't frikken matter except for one. It was all trial and error from there. And if you were aiming to get all the unlockable runes, you'd be stuck in the normal ending since you have no time to do enough combos.

Anyway, here were my pros and cons about Kadenz. Feel free to add more onto this list since you finished it.

Pros
- Character development for the Mahoutsukai side characters
- More Second Access awesomeness
- Improved backgrounds for battle cg
- Epic soundtrack that complements with the fortissimo soundtrack
- Builds more upon the fortissimoverse
- More interesting questions to be answered in the next game
- Ohba Kagerou's art
- Opening themes

Cons
- Lack of backstory material for the Kisekitsukai members
- Kisekitsukai felt lackluster compared to the Mahoutsukai even though they were the "heroes" of the story
- Lack of slice of life CGs
- Battle mechanics were difficult at times or were annoying to do
- Artwork inconsistency due to different artists
- Many plotholes or "missing" scenes that made the story jump all over the place
- Placement of opening themes
- Prologue felt too long and was basically a kinetic novel version of the game itself. This made the players feel like it was a chore to replay the entire game again just to collect the missing scenes.
- For the PC edition, some sprites and CGs were pixelated when they were close-up and zoomed out
- Lagginess in the PC edition in some fights
Mar 18, 2016 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, is the armor really us? I'm still in doubt about that, it's a bit vague from the things we know about the armor itself, I think we could get some different interpretations about this and that scene in the end. But even so, I think they could do the "prologue" in a different way rather than make us spending several hours just to reach a bad end and have to go back to the beginning again.
In the final battle they literally tried to do something like a real gameplay, where you need to reach certain circunstances so that you can defeat the boss, not the best of the ideas but at least the new runes were cool to see.

I have a con I want to add: Freya's shouts. xD
I got almost as frustrated in Freya vs Reiji fight as I was in Yuria fight, seriously.

Oh, I have a pro too: Sousei and Brynhildr's scenes lol. But I guess it can enter in the category "Character development for the Mahoutsukai side characters".
Also, the tag battles, I loved some combinations they did. I mean, I NEVER thought I would see Nagisa and Umi making a strategy together to defeat an enemy, or that Kengo would join Sayuki and Momiji in a battle. The battles in general were really good, that is if you exclude the day 10 fight, that one wasn't too engaging.

I think I'll post here later my favorite characters, fights and moments (Including the SoL ones) list from Kadenz, feel free to do the same if you want.
Hm, maybe I'll do my least favorites too, haha.
Mar 18, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
It was interpreted that Fermata was us, considering the default name you make at the very beginning of the game is Fermata. XD I was assuming it was activated after Julius got possessed by Roge and led us to the bad end as explained by Camellia after the prologue. I mean weren't the choices meant for Fermata (us) accepting Camellia and that's why she was so ecstatic? Idk at this point so I'm making blind assumptions.

Haha, Freya's ear shrieking shouts did force me to make a "worst shounen shout" list. In her first fight with Mikoto, her shout caught me off-guard and I thought my volume was too loud. I think she was the loudest out of everyone. And that shout during her fight with Julius. RIP eardrums. You will be necessarily missed.

Yeah I included Sousei and Brynhildr as part of that category. And the tag battles were indeed nice to see. Shows how the Mahoutsukai are compatible with each other now rather than trying to kill each other off. Alicia's fight showed that. Heck, Ayane and Jin worked pretty well together considering their 'rivalry' in fortissimo. And I frikken love how Hagane just launches poor Hinako all the way to the other side to Alicia. Of course I need to mention Jin x Hinako is a thing now.

A favourites list eh. Well isn't that what all the polls in this club are for? XD Here's my list for Kadenz:
Characters:
Mahoutsukai:
Female: Sayuki - Never change. Sayuki FTW forever!!!
Male: Reiji - Well duh, he is an awesome protagonist. Should've been the main one in this one too.
Kisekitsukai:
Female: Mikoto - Hilarious character that can be such a badass at times. I wished she was the main protagonist. WHY!!!
Male: Irmfrid - Admit it, he reminds you of Rider/Iskandar from fate/Zero. Love how he just randomly visits Reiji's house.

Top 5 Fights:
Reiji vs. Mikoto
Sayuki and Ryuichi vs. Yuria and Rudra
Everyone vs. the Black Sun and Roge-Freya
Freya vs. Julius
Reiji and Sakura vs. Freya (and Julius)
Honourable Mentions:
Sayuki, Momiji, and Kengo vs. Yuria
Freya vs. Mikoto
Reiji vs. Ryuichi Rematch

Moments:
All the Second Access awakenings
Reiji and Mikoto's climatic face-off
Two Sakuras?! (that one dinner scene with the whole Sakuras and Reiji calling their names)
Sayuki and Reiji's neko moment
Freya meets Reiji (and ignores the poor guy) and Shishou
Overpowered soccer match (seriously how did no one see Reiji, Ryuichi, and Hagane use their magic)
Irmfrid asking Reiji to marry Alicia and misunderstandings insue between Momiji and Ayane
I'll reserve the rest for the append patch. XD
YoxalLoyalMar 18, 2016 5:49 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Fortissimo FA to be "Translated" to English but at a Terrible Price

YoxalLoyal - May 26, 2018

0 by YoxalLoyal »»
May 26, 2018 10:55 PM

» fortissimo EXS//Akkord:nächsten Phase Ahorn der Flamme Alternate Ending: Gaia:Uranus Fan Project

YoxalLoyal - Jun 3, 2015

7 by YoxalLoyal »»
Mar 13, 2018 10:21 AM

» [SPOILERS] Fortissimoverse Future Entry Speculation and Discussion

YoxalLoyal - Jun 30, 2016

3 by -Testarossa- »»
Jul 3, 2016 11:43 AM

» [SPOILERS] VERSUS Series: fortissimo Edition

YoxalLoyal - Nov 28, 2015

1 by YoxalLoyal »»
Nov 28, 2015 9:32 AM

» [SPOILERS] fortissimo Series and Norse Mythology

YoxalLoyal - Nov 3, 2015

4 by YoxalLoyal »»
Nov 5, 2015 6:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.