Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2007
StrayBotato said:
That's not needed <.<

Like I said, if you couldn't figure that out on your own then FSN is not for you.

That, or you need to watch the episodes again and pay more attention.

Frankly I am seeing that bullshit being said more times than the whole "lolwhyseibagotbwhilegingerkiddidnot"
Dec 18, 2014 7:28 AM

Mar 2008
CookingPriest said:
Just checked AnrikuZero's(If i am writing that name correctly) vid and usual problems:
"shirou's so naive", "wtf why did he walk out of cover", "luck", etc.

Someone make gif of shirou's dodging skills and add to the FAQ.
As well a the obvious explanation that if Shirou not walked out when Caster asked, he would not have a chance to confirm his suspicion AND he and Rin would have been blown to bits by Caster before they do anything.

To be fair, Rin's reaction means she was probably thinking the same thing.

*edit

Added a new live reaction channel

Shiro Somen
Channel
KuistockeDec 18, 2014 7:45 AM
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Dec 18, 2014 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
PriestMeido said:
CookingPriest said:
Just checked AnrikuZero's(If i am writing that name correctly) vid and usual problems:
"shirou's so naive", "wtf why did he walk out of cover", "luck", etc.

Someone make gif of shirou's dodging skills and add to the FAQ.
As well a the obvious explanation that if Shirou not walked out when Caster asked, he would not have a chance to confirm his suspicion AND he and Rin would have been blown to bits by Caster before they do anything.

To be fair, Rin's reaction means she was probably thinking the same thing.

*edit

Added a new live reaction channel

Shiro Somen
Channel

Rin "Gets it" latter on though. Audience HAS to get it since the very start though. Shirou has most of his character in thoughts than in words.
Dec 18, 2014 8:35 AM

Sep 2014
If people can't understand why Shirou walked out to talk after he asks his question, they are well beyond hope.

They can disagree with his decision if they want, but to not understand it is to lack any critical thought capacity whatsoever.
Dec 18, 2014 8:56 AM

Sep 2014
ANGRY2011 said:
If people can't understand why Shirou walked out to talk after he asks his question, they are well beyond hope.

They can disagree with his decision if they want, but to not understand it is to lack any critical thought capacity whatsoever.
they should have known from a previous episode that caster is more than capable of blowing them out of cover anyway. in what world do people think that that run down building can protect them from someone who can spam lasers strong enough to leave craters.
Dec 18, 2014 9:03 AM

Aug 2014
Maloghurst said:
ANGRY2011 said:

they should have known from a previous episode that caster is more than capable of blowing them out of cover anyway. in what world do people think that that run down building can protect them from someone who can spam lasers strong enough to leave craters.

This might come as a surprise-and you might want to sit down, it's a real shocker-but people can be complete idiots.
And apparently there are a significant number of such watching this, given all the complaints of how dumb he was to walk out of there.
Dec 18, 2014 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
I mean I know people are complaining about him coming out from the cover but I don't know why. Caster pretty much said she was going to blow them away if they didn't come out and the viewers saw how many beams she can shoot off.

Seems like some people are just looking for things to complain about tbh.
Dec 18, 2014 9:15 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
Maloghurst said:

This might come as a surprise-and you might want to sit down, it's a real shocker-but people can be complete idiots.
And apparently there are a significant number of such watching this, given all the complaints of how dumb he was to walk out of there.

I see people talk how "Caster is underwhelming and does not feel threatening" and "meh, she is clearly weakest of all servants so far", so yeah. Lots of idiots.

PRetty much every live reaction listed her facepalmed at Shirou's choice.

To be honest establishing on why True Magic is such a big fucking deawould have helped
Dec 18, 2014 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
Yeah I re-read the prologue yesterday and the True Magic/Reality Marble part is actually important... not sure why they left those out.

Although 70% of viewers would have forgotten them anyway, but atleast they would have been there.
Dec 18, 2014 9:21 AM

Mar 2011
What I really find strange is that most of these people making the reaction videos seem to think that it was Kuzuki who was casting strengthening magic when he outright stated he was not a mage making it obvious it must be Caster who is buffing Kuzuki.
Raziel1991Dec 18, 2014 9:27 AM
Dec 18, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
Yeah I re-read the prologue yesterday and the True Magic/Reality Marble part is actually important... not sure why they left those out.

Although 70% of viewers would have forgotten them anyway, but atleast they would have been there.

I hope they leave in true magic explanation when Rin talks about Projection. PERFECTLY, it should have happened before Cater's introduction, but alas, it will at least somewhat help.

If they remove that explanation too(just like they did with most so far), we are fucked in terms of hopes of second half being handled correctly.
Dec 18, 2014 9:32 AM

Sep 2014
i deal with stupidity from people every day. I just feel as if these people need to be fed into the spiral placed into my personal Akasha so i can figure out the meaning of all this nonsense
Dec 18, 2014 9:39 AM

Mar 2008
Maloghurst said:
i deal with stupidity from people every day. I just feel as if these people need to be fed into the spiral placed into my personal Akasha so i can figure out the meaning of all this nonsense

would like to have a word with you...
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Dec 18, 2014 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
Raziel1991 said:
What I really find strange is that most of these people making the reaction videos seem to think that it was Kuzuki who was casting strengthening magic when he outright stated he was not a mage making it obvious it must be Caster who is buffing Kuzuki.

There was a lot of talk about what's a mage and what's not in this series. Shirou is not a mage, but he can use strenghtening. It's not obvious that Caster was buffing Kuzuki.

I've read the VN (I stopped when I caught up with the anime) this week and everything is explained so throughly in it that I can imagine how easy it seems for you guys to understand everything in the anime.
Having been on the other side of the fandom for the last 11 episodes, however, I can say that it's not nearly as simple to understand every character's reasoning immediately, especially if someone's doing a live reaction video.
So, try to be a bit more reasonable.
Dec 18, 2014 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
kokusho36 said:
Raziel1991 said:

There was a lot of talk about what's a mage and what's not in this series. Shirou is not a mage, but he can use strenghtening. It's not obvious that Caster was buffing Kuzuki.

I've read the VN (I stopped when I caught up with the anime) this week and everything is explained so throughly in it that I can imagine how easy it seems for you guys to understand everything in the anime.
Having been on the other side of the fandom for the last 11 episodes, however, I can say that it's not nearly as simple to understand every character's reasoning immediately, especially if someone's doing a live reaction video.

Without getting into details and NAsuverse terms Shirou IS a mage but an amateur since, you know, he actually uses magecraft.

Kuzuki isnt a mage at all. So why is he buffed?

Sorry but understanding that Shirou revealed himself because Caster is able to melt rock and cause craters with her magic shouldnt need VN explanations since we saw her doing that against Archer.Same goes for other stuff as well.
Dec 18, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2013
Well, Kuzuki said he's no mage, and he has 0 reasons to lie, and Caster is well, a mage, so yeah.

Also Shirou IS a mage. He's just a novice. Shitji, on the other hand, is not a mage.
Dec 18, 2014 10:04 AM

Oct 2014
kokusho36 said:
Raziel1991 said:

It's nice to hear from someone on both sides but I feel like the Caster blowing them away thing was obvious enough, especially with how her beams were handled in the Archer vs Caster fight. I can agree some other things can be hard to understand with no monologues though.
Dec 18, 2014 10:17 AM

Nov 2013
Wait did you read Fate route?

Also regarding monologues, I read that certain scene again yesterday, if they don't make it 2 episodes long with all monologues I'm probably going to rage.
Dec 18, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2014
StrayBotato said:
Wait did you read Fate route?

Also regarding monologues, I read that certain scene again yesterday, if they don't make it 2 episodes long with all monologues I'm probably going to rage.

Answer?
Dec 18, 2014 11:31 AM

Nov 2013
I thought Rin explained him that there's a difference between magi and magic users. Magi are heirs to a family of mages and have a magic crest, while magic users can just do what their name implies (correct me if I'm wrong). What I meant to say was that Kuzuki saying that he's a not a magus does not mean that there's a 0% chance that he was doing all that fancy stuff by himself, especially in a series that likes to play with your expectations.

In the other cases, you were right to point out that the scenes made perfect sense if viewed from the correct point of view, but I 'm just asking you guys to be a bit more relaxed in your explaination, because the anime by itself is prone to creating ambiguous situations, which were infinitely easier to grasp in the VN thanks to the massive amounts of internal monologues.
If you weren't doing it already, I'd suggest to stress out the importance of reading the Fate route even more, because it would have made my experience with UBW even better.
Dec 18, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2013
As far as I'm concerned, it's natural to assume that Kuzuki knows magic. How could he summon Caster otherwise? You need the catalyst, the circle thing, and to actually summon them.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Dec 18, 2014 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
Insertanamehere said:
Answer?
Yes.

kokusho36 said:
If you weren't doing it already, I'd suggest to stress out the importance of reading the Fate route even more, because it would have made my experience with UBW even better.
We already do that. But some people don't like reading VNs, which is understandable tbh.
BotatoDec 18, 2014 1:02 PM
Dec 18, 2014 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
ijuka said:
As far as I'm concerned, it's natural to assume that Kuzuki knows magic. How could he summon Caster otherwise? You need the catalyst, the circle thing, and to actually summon them.
In Fate route

In UBW
BotatoDec 18, 2014 11:43 AM
Dec 18, 2014 11:40 AM

May 2013
StrayBotato said:
Insertanamehere said:
Answer?
Yes.

kokusho36 said:
We already do that. But most people don't like reading VNs, which is understandable tbh.

Answer just needs 1 episode and I'm fairly certain it'll get that, they have so many episodes to work with.

StrayBotato said:
ijuka said:

In UBW

I know, but for an anime-only viewer it still would be natural to assume that. And you should spoiler the fate route comment as well.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Dec 18, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
Well then like I said, he has no reason to lie and say he's not a mage.
Dec 18, 2014 11:46 AM

May 2013
StrayBotato said:
Well then like I said, he has no reason to lie and say he's not a mage.

but the other poster's point likely is that mage and magic user are different things
Dec 18, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2013
This whole thing is confusing now @_@
Dec 18, 2014 11:51 AM

May 2013
StrayBotato said:

well I mean just like kiritsugu said to shirou that he should be a magic user and not a magus it should be possible that kuzuki is a magic user even if he says he's not a magus, no?
Dec 18, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2013
ijuka said:
StrayBotato said:

well I mean just like kiritsugu said to shirou that he should be a magic user and not a magus it should be possible that kuzuki is a magic user even if he says he's not a magus, no?

This quote from Kerry was exactly what I was looking for XD
Dec 18, 2014 12:04 PM

Nov 2014
StrayBotato said:

Nice choice of avatar

The whole Botato thing is over my head tho

Dec 18, 2014 12:10 PM

Nov 2013
SwordHand said:
StrayBotato said:

Nice choice of avatar

The whole Botato thing is over my head tho
Thank you :)
It's just my original username. I might look for a Yato with potato avatar to make it fit, if I feel like it.
Dec 18, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
Pretty sure that is a translation mistake since magus(Majutsushi) is used for EVERY kind of magic user.O r just teh chars not giving a shit about official terms just like Kiritsugu.

ijuka said:
Shinji cant use magic yet he had Rider.Shirou too summoned Saber just because he was in the shed.
ssjokgDec 18, 2014 12:17 PM
Dec 18, 2014 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
kokusho36 said:
I thought Rin explained him that there's a difference between magi and magic users. Magi are heirs to a family of mages and have a magic crest, while magic users can just do what their name implies (correct me if I'm wrong). What I meant to say was that Kuzuki saying that he's a not a magus does not mean that there's a 0% chance that he was doing all that fancy stuff by himself, especially in a series that likes to play with your expectations.

In the other cases, you were right to point out that the scenes made perfect sense if viewed from the correct point of view, but I 'm just asking you guys to be a bit more relaxed in your explaination, because the anime by itself is prone to creating ambiguous situations, which were infinitely easier to grasp in the VN thanks to the massive amounts of internal monologues.

A crest doesn't make you automatically a magus, though. Kiritsugu also counts as a magic user (or sometimes called spellcaster) and Shirou would also be considered one, even though he sometimes says he is a magus. Kuzuki himself said he is just a killer. There is a slight possibiliy that he might be able to do all that fancy stuff, but from what was said, and he has no reason to lie, it's more reasonable to assume he is just someone who got buffed by Caster. Violet is Caster's color. All the fancy strengthening was violet-coloured.

As for Kuzuki being a Master, he says he has no interest in the Grail, so him purposely summoning Caster doesn't make a lot of sense. If someone asks, without spoiling anything, I would suggest that the Grail summoned the Servant, as it did with Shirou

HentaiPriest said:
Pretty sure that is a translation mistake since magus(Majutsushi) is used for EVERY kind of magic user.

ijuka said:
Shinji cant use magic yet he had Rider.Shirou too summoned Saber just because he was in the shed.

It's not a translation mistake. There is a difference between majutsushi and majutsu tsukai (spellcaster). Kiritsugu wants Shirou to be the latter and both are considered to be spellcasters.
Dec 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
kokusho36 said:
ijuka said:

Kerry also said to Shirou that he is a Magician (Mahoutsukai)and he [b]definitely[b] isnt one.
Dec 18, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2011
Most of these people have watched Fate/Zero
Dec 18, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2009
Raziel1991 said:
Most of these people have watched Fate/Zero
Some ancestor of his was.
Dec 18, 2014 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
HentaiPriest said:
kokusho36 said:

Kerry also said to Shirou that he is a Magician (Mahoutsukai)and he definitely isnt one.
See my post above.

The mahou tsukai thing is a running gag, nothing more. It's more correct to call Kiritsugu majutsu tsukai, rather than majutsushi.
Dec 18, 2014 12:21 PM

Nov 2014
CapsuleCore said:
HentaiPriest said:
Kerry also said to Shirou that he is a Magician (Mahoutsukai)and he definitely isnt one.
See my post above.

The mahou tsukai thing is a running gag, nothing more. It's more correct to call Kiritsugu majutsu tsukai, rather than majutsushi.

What's the difference? I thought tsukai meant something along the lines of user, like when Lancer called Saber a sword user. Isn't Kerry a magic user?

Dec 18, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2009
CapsuleCore said:
HentaiPriest said:
See my post above.

Isnt Mahoutsukai used for those that can use True Magic?
Dec 18, 2014 12:24 PM

Nov 2014
HentaiPriest said:
CapsuleCore said:
See my post above.

Aren't those the sorcerors?

Dec 18, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2013
HentaiPriest said:
Pretty sure that is a translation mistake since magus(Majutsushi) is used for EVERY kind of magic user.O r just teh chars not giving a shit about official terms just like Kiritsugu.

ijuka said:

Dec 18, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
SwordHand said:
HentaiPriest said:

Sorcerors/Magicians yes.Thats why I point out that line.
Dec 18, 2014 12:27 PM

Nov 2014
HentaiPriest said:
SwordHand said:

I thought in the VN that Rin made a distinction between mages and sorcerors. Sorcerors were the revered ones.

Aug 2009
ijuka said:
HentaiPriest said:

Someone that only watched UBW wouldnt know about that which is the point of this discussion.
But Shirou didnt do shit.The grai did the entire thing.

Sep 2013
It is, but you missed my point. Yes, mahoutsukai literally means True Magic (Mahou) user. Or sometimes called sorcerer/magician.

In KnK, Touko calls herself a mahoutsukai in front of Ryougi Shiki in a hospital.
In Tsukihime, it's Aoko with Tohno Shiki. Location again is a hospital.
In FSN, it's Kiritsugu who calls himself a mahoutsukai in front of Shirou in a hospital.

Majutsu tsukai correctly means magic user, as in magic = majutsu, which is what mirror-moon used. Or magecraft user, for all I care, I prefer spellcaster to be honest. This is what Kiritsugu was and what Shirou really is.

Kiritsugu said:
What I will teach you will bring you conflicts.
That is why you must not use it in front of people, and you must not cease your practice even though it is difficult to learn.
Well, I don't really care if you break that one.
The most important thing is that magic is something you use not for yourself, but for others. If you do that, you may become a magic user, but you will not become a magus
That's the quote kokusho meant.
Dec 18, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
SwordHand said:
HentaiPriest said:

I thought in the VN that Rin made a distinction between mages and sorcerors. Sorcerors were the revered ones.
And Kiritsugu ISNT one.Unless if he became capable of using a True Magic after the fire.
Dec 18, 2014 12:29 PM

May 2013
Pretty sure that mahoutsukai is directly translated as magic user and what's important is what was meant by it by the person who said it, not what it actually means. Also, you guys are really going off on some nonsense tangents, I just said that it's natural for a person to assume that Kuzuki can use magic because he apparently was able to summon Caster.

Nov 2014
SwordHand said:

What's the difference? I thought tsukai meant something along the lines of user, like when Lancer called Saber a sword user. Isn't Kerry a magic user?

Sep 2013
ijuka said:
Pretty sure that mahoutsukai is directly translated as magic user and what's important is what was meant by it by the person who said it, not what it actually means. Also, you guys are really going off on some nonsense tangents, I just said that it's natural for a person to assume that Kuzuki can use magic because he apparently was able to summon Caster.
Which is not necessarily true, because the Grail can forcefully choose Masters and summon Servants itself.

SwordHand said:
SwordHand said:

Give me a moment, I'll answer that soon.
Dec 18, 2014 12:31 PM

May 2013
HentaiPriest said:
SwordHand said:

And Kiritsugu ISNT one.Unless if he became capable of using a True Magic after the fire.

He never was a magus, either. He always was a magic user.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.