Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 19, 2014 1:41 AM

Aug 2013
Loved the ending for Koe no Katachi. Would have preferred that it didnt end as a cliff hanger though... any thoughts on this ending?
TepJan 17, 2017 4:20 AM
Nov 19, 2014 1:46 AM

Feb 2013
Was a fitting ending, but I can't help but feel empty.

Sure you can pinpoint what you think is missing, for example a kiss scene or a look into their college life, but for me it's the feeling of satisfaction that's missing from that ending.
Nov 19, 2014 2:28 AM

Aug 2013
Couldnt agree any less wid u mate xD srsly wouldve been nice if either ishida or nishimiya wouldve confessed though~ well technically she *tried* to confess ahahah
Nov 19, 2014 2:59 AM
Sep 2009
boring ending to a boring manga
Nov 19, 2014 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
Pker said:
boring ending to a boring manga

lol
Nov 20, 2014 8:02 AM

Apr 2009
Objective said:
Was a fitting ending, but I can't help but feel empty.

Sure you can pinpoint what you think is missing, for example a kiss scene or a look into their college life, but for me it's the feeling of satisfaction that's missing from that ending.

Couldn't have said it any better. It's good, but it didn't make me feel anything, whereas the beginning of this series did a much better job at that.
Feb 3, 2015 6:41 AM

Jan 2014
Wait they ended at the good part? I got totally surprised when i reach the last chapter, i mean i cant even tell that it was the ending when they miss out on so many things. Is there like a s2 to this manga or smth?
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Apr 21, 2015 7:39 AM

Dec 2013
The oneshot was definitely on a more stronger and impactful point than what the manga series accomplished. It admittedly started off pretty strong but nothing was really accomplished or gained by the end of it, pretty anti-climatic if you ask me.
May 1, 2015 11:21 AM
Mar 2010
I have mixed feeling about the ending as well as the manga as a whole.

First of all I guess the message is "everybody deserves a second chance" even if you bully someone so severe that that person wants to die.

I personally find it ridiculous that anybody would forgive bullying to such a severe degree. One thing is to forgive being called "pig" or "fatty" for many years but what Ishida did to Nishimiya? Or what Shimada and Hirose did to Ishida? You got to be kidding me. For me the story was surreal in that aspect. I believe there are things in this world impossible to forgive - and really should not be forgiven.

Nishimiya is unreal. Her reactions and kind attitude towards Ishida is beyond any reason. Why did she want to befriend him? Why did she clean his table every morning? Why was she nice to him at all? Could the explanation really just be love? Yeah because he was such a nice guy. Unbelievable. Her innocence and childhood was destroyed by those classmates in particular Ishida.

I guess for a girl with a fetisch for liking bad boys this might be an interesting story. That is at least what I thought so but as it continued even I started rooting for Ishida and a happy ending. The ending itself was befitting the story and although somehow anti-climatic showed the two of them were ready to challenge the bigger world and in order to walk toward the future confront their past.
I like to think that at least Nishimiya find happiness (don't really care about Ishida or the side characters).

Naoka Ueno is probably a contender to being the bitch of the century. She bullied Nishimiya, bullied Ishida (whom she claims that she loves) and never been able to let go of her "hate" for Nishimiya. The only one more annoying is Kawai. She really considers herself innocent? She literally disgusts me and why Mashiba (a bullied victim himself) wants to be with her is beyond my understanding. She is selfcentered and on top of that says she knows what Nishimiya has gone through? Really?

All in all I guess I must have enjoyed the manga to a certain extent since I actually finished it but as a whole I can't understand how it can be 59 on MAL.
May 8, 2015 2:59 PM
Jan 2011
So they ended up together even after all the crap he did? I would want revenge.I can't stand those Mary Sue characters.
Jul 12, 2016 9:33 AM
Apr 2016
Interista said:
I have mixed feeling about the ending as well as the manga as a whole.

First of all I guess the message is "everybody deserves a second chance" even if you bully someone so severe that that person wants to die.

I personally find it ridiculous that anybody would forgive bullying to such a severe degree. One thing is to forgive being called "pig" or "fatty" for many years but what Ishida did to Nishimiya? Or what Shimada and Hirose did to Ishida? You got to be kidding me. For me the story was surreal in that aspect. I believe there are things in this world impossible to forgive - and really should not be forgiven.

Nishimiya is unreal. Her reactions and kind attitude towards Ishida is beyond any reason. Why did she want to befriend him? Why did she clean his table every morning? Why was she nice to him at all? Could the explanation really just be love? Yeah because he was such a nice guy. Unbelievable. Her innocence and childhood was destroyed by those classmates in particular Ishida.

I guess for a girl with a fetisch for liking bad boys this might be an interesting story. That is at least what I thought so but as it continued even I started rooting for Ishida and a happy ending. The ending itself was befitting the story and although somehow anti-climatic showed the two of them were ready to challenge the bigger world and in order to walk toward the future confront their past.
I like to think that at least Nishimiya find happiness (don't really care about Ishida or the side characters).

Naoka Ueno is probably a contender to being the bitch of the century. She bullied Nishimiya, bullied Ishida (whom she claims that she loves) and never been able to let go of her "hate" for Nishimiya. The only one more annoying is Kawai. She really considers herself innocent? She literally disgusts me and why Mashiba (a bullied victim himself) wants to be with her is beyond my understanding. She is selfcentered and on top of that says she knows what Nishimiya has gone through? Really?

All in all I guess I must have enjoyed the manga to a certain extent since I actually finished it but as a whole I can't understand how it can be 59 on MAL.

In my opinion, I find it quite realistic for the most part.
To be honest I didn't get why after bullying nishimiya they directed their anger towards Ishida but the rest seemed pretty clear to me.
Elementary school kids are ASSHOLES to each other and I'd understand that if you met some of your former bullies, especially if they properly apologized you'd smile politely and think "why the hell not?" (I say that coz it happened to me)
I think that she cleaned his desk because she didn't want anyone to get bullied like she was even if it was her ennemy. She's very kind and soft hearted (even if the whole "everything is always my fault" was a bit much.) I liked her character a lot.

So yeah, just my thoughts on the question
Mar 3, 2017 2:44 PM
Apr 2016
The manga as a hole I think is special, the story is deep at least in the beginning, but falls in redundancy after the middle chapters, still interesting. I think that the author made a mistake by not concluding the love confession of Shouko, that story should not be left as it was, their love was deeper than just holding hands at the end, the author should have portrayed their story of love deeper, not talking about just a simple kiss, but at least state clearly that they ended up together always supporting each other, I don't know why, by trying to avoid "a cliche", the mangakas sometimes leaves good stories not concluded. Clannad was so good because, although there was not a single kiss in the whole series, it shows us that the main protagonists lived happily ever after, and that is what is missing with Koe no Katachi. Still a great story, bittersweet.
8/10
Mar 3, 2017 3:36 PM

Dec 2015
Thia manga haha the first manga that I bought all volumes of it straight :v

So about the story... maybe too exaggerated in some part especially where Ueno physically abuse Shouko while Shouya hospitalized... Eventho Ive seen one as well in real life only cause a stupid reason "boy" LOL
Well ya thats the only part that I like the least.

About Shouku being seems "accepting" the bullying, I dont think so, if so, she wouldnt say "I want to die" when she still in elementary school also "I hate myself" and try to suicide even when she is already in high school, she just seeing it in another way because she has that guilt of having dissability then making more trouble to her friend. Like for me, she just having that kind of different perspective on how she understanding it rather than being "this is not fair" cause like I said, she realized she is also being unfair to others as well like for example she realize she slows Ueno down because she needs her to explain what teacher said yet at that time Ueno need to make a note as well and what she could do is smile at that time, thats her guilt. She just has a soft heart, not weak cause we could see she is strong but ya XD I understand that.

About the bullying back Idea, I rather seing it as a brilliant idea cause people usually affraid of "telling the truth" and more like cover up what happened. I understand even the closest people or classmate will have that kind of thought of "Ive had enough" eventho they are not the bullying target. Ive had that kind of thought back then as well so :)

Im kinda hoping Shouko at least could confess her feeling towards Shouya properly till Shouya understand it cause it seems interesting to see what will Shouya say cause we could see their deep emotion yet Shouya seems unaware LOL

But actually, the ending itself is already great XD relationship needs time I guess and ya its more realistic. Like I said also like @Rumanab101 said, we could see how deep their emotion to each other are, so by ending it that way, its actually fail my assumptions and guess on how the story goes and I tend to be like that not only watching anime but even in real life, so.. ya its also good in another way. And ya ofc I prefer to end it like that rather than just like how generic romance do or how common tales do, cause Im not really into romance genre since its easy to guess... like "oh they will kiss""oh she will say yes" "Oh he will grab her hand and confess back" "Oh she will be presistent" "Oh this" "Oh that" I dont like it when my guess actually true hehe :)

So ya, my effort buying that 7 volumes straight wasnt a dissapointment hehe :)

I think... thats what I could think so far...
EufieMar 3, 2017 3:42 PM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
May 10, 2017 12:53 AM
May 2017
Maybe I haven't scrolled far enough but no one seems to have talked about the little family Shoya bumped into at the ending. This was when they were just about to enter the reunion hall holding hands. Shoya accidentally bumps a little kid, whose mother, with pale hair similar to Nishimiya and her Nishimiya's mom, catches up with her while asking her to watch where she's going, then joins what seems to be the father, in a train. With earlier chapters indicating Shoya's reliance on signs and synchronicities, I think it was no coincidence that he has Shoyas spiky hair and eyes - tiny dotted anime pupils - and is wearing a suit. Shoya himself chose to attend the coming of age ceremony in a suit. At this point Shoya turns to Nishimiya and apologises for spacing out. The only character I remember that was drawn with those dot-sized pupils is the brother in law Pedro but his whites are also larger, to make him seem Brazilian. To me, this was the writer's strong hint that the two protagonists got romantically involved. Furthermore from a business point of view it makes sense for them to stay together from now on. Nishimiya just got her hair stylist qualifications. Shoya's mom runs a hair salon. She gets to 'pay her back' for her son saving her life by bringing her qualified and trained skills into the biz to help it grow further. And she gets to be near Yuzuru.
It's an open ending with a pretty strong hint of the happy ending we'd all like to leave the story with.
Also, not to sound prudish but if I'm not mistaken holding of hands between two individuals who are well past puberty is a pretty big deal among Asians.
May 25, 2017 2:15 PM
Dec 2011
Arjunamaru said:
Maybe I haven't scrolled far enough but no one seems to have talked about the little family Shoya bumped into at the ending. This was when they were just about to enter the reunion hall holding hands. Shoya accidentally bumps a little kid, whose mother, with pale hair similar to Nishimiya and her Nishimiya's mom, catches up with her while asking her to watch where she's going, then joins what seems to be the father, in a train. With earlier chapters indicating Shoya's reliance on signs and synchronicities, I think it was no coincidence that he has Shoyas spiky hair and eyes - tiny dotted anime pupils - and is wearing a suit.

That was just the other one of his two male childhood friends, Keisuke Hirose.
Jun 6, 2017 1:08 AM
Jun 2017
I felt empty when watching it's ending..it keeps mystery how's it's ending goes on...tired of keep imagine how's it ending goes well

More topics from this board

» Difference?

Mangahater - Apr 19

9 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 20, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maerow - Nov 15, 2014

291 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 57 Discussion

Maerow - Oct 11, 2014

40 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 50 Discussion

Ana - Aug 26, 2014

39 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.