Forum Settings
Forums

Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow (TV series)

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 11, 2016 12:05 PM

Dec 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Tthe Golden Age characters were from Earth 2 so KaiserNazrin is most likely right about the man in the iron mask.

Which is?
May 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
tsudecimo said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Tthe Golden Age characters were from Earth 2 so KaiserNazrin is most likely right about the man in the iron mask.

Which is?
Yeah the original.
May 11, 2016 12:15 PM
Jun 2014
My name is Zoom and I talk like
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 11, 2016 12:16 PM
Jun 2014
this

(shush character check, im trying to make a point here)
May 11, 2016 5:23 PM

Apr 2016
I actually thought this Flash episode was really good. We got to see more of the Speed Force and how it works, but then again I'm a comic reader so that stuff probably really interests me to know that the general audience won't care about.

My only complaint was that they made the Speed Force look like humans/people Barry loved. It would have been awesome if they were just energized forms or something.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
May 11, 2016 6:51 PM

Jan 2014
I couldn't handle the rest of Flash honestly. I'm just waiting for the season to be over. Legends of Tomorrow I abandoned long ago.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 11, 2016 7:30 PM

Apr 2016
Legends of Tomorrow could have been so great if they just focused more on a story. It seemed like they were mostly just running around or going from one part in history to another without really accomplishing anything or finding anything out.

May 12, 2016 12:09 AM

Nov 2011
I dunno what guys are on but the Flash is so great right now. The latest episode is awesome. I could just watch an episode of them doing normal thing and it will still be enjoyable because of the characters and the actors potraying them.

The Flash is miles above LoT and Arrow.

May 12, 2016 12:23 AM

Apr 2016
Anyone see the latest episode of Arrow? That ending!

KaiserNazrin said:
I dunno what guys are on but the Flash is so great right now. The latest episode is awesome. I could just watch an episode of them doing normal thing and it will still be enjoyable because of the characters and the actors potraying them.

The Flash is miles above LoT and Arrow.

I haven't really disliked any episode of The Flash so far. He even made Supergirl far more interesting (which, by the way, has a high chance of moving over to CW with the rest of Berlanti's work).

May 12, 2016 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
Zoom now is just really meh and making really stupid choices , Savage and Darhk are way above him as villains.Caught up with Legends of Tomorrow and I'm really enjoying it.

yhunata said:

It was a bad choice but understandable and Savage could have reincarnated anyway. For me it was far more forgivable than Barry's major Zoom blunder.

This weeks episode of Arrow was pretty good. I liked how there were
Didn't care to see that anarchy guy again though.

Rhaeserys said:
He even made Supergirl far more interesting (which, by the way, has a high chance of moving over to CW with the rest of Berlanti's work).
Can't forgive him for the really stupid move he pulled on Livewire. It's like thinking to put out a fire with gasoline. A scientist shouldn't be making a move like that.

DrGeroCreationMay 12, 2016 12:59 AM
May 12, 2016 12:57 AM

Apr 2016

DrGeroCreation said:

This weeks episode of Arrow was pretty good. I liked how there were
Didn't care to see that anarchy guy again though.

Yea, and Zoom could have been the best villain, but they nerf'd him by making him really love Caitlyn. He could be pure evil if it wasn't for that love interest...

May 12, 2016 1:16 AM

Aug 2013
@Rhaeserys It's not just that but he just isn't thinking anymore and making stupid decisions. Like he could have

Didn't even realize it had hit Russia and I could see that happening next season.
DrGeroCreationMay 12, 2016 1:21 AM
May 12, 2016 1:20 AM

Dec 2012
Rhaeserys said:

My only complaint was that they made the Speed Force look like humans/people Barry loved. It would have been awesome if they were just energized forms or something.

That's exactly why it sucked, and I would preferred energy forms that spoke in a monotone voice, that would have been cool.

But they shoehorned another reason to try and make emotional scenes out of nowhere. I like emotional stuff and all, and the whole thing about Flash and his mother I found touching before (mainly because it reminded me a bit of Naruto) but this episode I felt nothing but cringe. And Barry with season 2 just became way too whiny. I don't mind characters like that but they are overusing it with Barry. Every other episode is him complaining and whining about something, and the worst part they are all repetitive and they are literally resolved in the same way, there was a whole filler episode just about this.

God I hate the actors. ''we pretty much invited tripy'' Maximum CRINGE...
May 12, 2016 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
Its not uncommon when an author created a villain so powerful, the only way to beat him is by making him stupid.

May 12, 2016 1:25 AM

Aug 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
Its not uncommon when an author created a villain so powerful, the only way to beat him is by making him stupid.
That doesn't seem to be the case with Darhk at all though.
May 12, 2016 1:26 AM

Dec 2012
And yeah Zoom is crap. He started out with a lot of potential and was menacing but ever since they revealed his identity, he has Bond villain stupidity.

No where as good as reverse flash. I also feel like they are wasting the only good actor in this show, Tom Cavanagh.
May 12, 2016 1:57 AM

Apr 2016
DrGeroCreation said:
@Rhaeserys It's not just that but he just isn't thinking anymore and making stupid decisions. Like he could have

Didn't even realize it had hit Russia and I could see that happening next season.

Oh yea, agreed, though I was under the impression he was sparing them, including Wells, because Caitlyn asked him to and he loved her. For that reason it makes sense he wouldn't kill Wells or imprison Barry, but overall it is extremely stupid and a poor writing choice. They realized they made Zoom too powerful and had to nerf him somehow...and love was the answer. lol

It hit the U.S but it came from Russia, I thought. I'll check it out again but if it hit Russia instead that could be a bit more interesting. They could make Russia go after the government or after ARGUS which in turn catches Team Arrow's attention and Russia flashbacks from Oliver (though at some point I have to wonder how he did all of this in five years).

tsudecimo said:
Rhaeserys said:

That's exactly why it sucked, and I would preferred energy forms that spoke in a monotone voice, that would have been cool.

But they shoehorned another reason to try and make emotional scenes out of nowhere. I like emotional stuff and all, and the whole thing about Flash and his mother I found touching before (mainly because it reminded me a bit of Naruto) but this episode I felt nothing but cringe. And Barry with season 2 just became way too whiny. I don't mind characters like that but they are overusing it with Barry. Every other episode is him complaining and whining about something, and the worst part they are all repetitive and they are literally resolved in the same way, there was a whole filler episode just about this.

God I hate the actors. ''we pretty much invited tripy'' Maximum CRINGE...

I also found the line "we pretty much invited tripy" to be very cringe worthy. I don't think it would have been so bad if the actor wasn't as terrible as he is...and agreed about Barry becoming a complainer but it is a phase (hopefully). He will get over it now that he has his speed back (and is presumable faster) and doesn't have to feel guilt anymore (at least that's how I took the whole point of the Speed Force looking like his family and whatnot).

Still a really good show even with these flaws. And I'm hoping they give Tom Cavanagh a larger role in the series. He's among my favorite characters and on the list of the best actors in the show. He deserves more spotlight.

May 12, 2016 2:13 AM

Aug 2013
@Rhaeserys I thought
It doesn't make sense for him not to imprison Barry since that would be sparing him. Yeah it's just a convenient flaw to nerf Zoom. I thought it was redirected back to somewhere in Russia. Yeah it would be better that way. Well you can do a lot in 5 years.
May 12, 2016 2:30 AM

Apr 2016
DrGeroCreation said:
@Rhaeserys I thought
It doesn't make sense for him not to imprison Barry since that would be sparing him. Yeah it's just a convenient flaw to nerf Zoom. I thought it was redirected back to somewhere in Russia. Yeah it would be better that way. Well you can do a lot in 5 years.

May 12, 2016 4:20 AM
Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
And yeah Zoom is crap. He started out with a lot of potential and was menacing but ever since they revealed his identity, he has Bond villain stupidity.

No where as good as reverse flash. I also feel like they are wasting the only good actor in this show, Tom Cavanagh.

Too bad season 1 threw forgettable villains at us instead of giving Thawne more screen time in his suit. I think we got to see him like 5 times in it. We've been seeing a lot Zoom lately which I like.

Watch Daredevil, you'll notice that Kingpin gets loads of screen time.
May 12, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
Unknown- said:
tsudecimo said:

Too bad season 1 threw forgettable villains at us instead of giving Thawne more screen time in his suit. I think we got to see him like 5 times in it. We've been seeing a lot Zoom lately which I like.

Watch Daredevil, you'll notice that Kingpin gets loads of screen time.

Sure season 1 had more episodic stuff but the main plotline was always solid. Well him being in a suit is part of the mystery, it only makes sense that we don't see him a lot in it, because his mystery was only revealed in the second half. His screen time was adequate

Already watched Daredevil before. King Pin is even worse than Zoom >.>
May 12, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
Gotta say Arrow's episode was great the build up to the final part was executed nicely.

The fighting scenes were solid too.

Also

@Unknown- Reverse Flash> Zoom they handled him better imo.
May 12, 2016 3:31 PM

Apr 2016
It is official—Supergirl was renewed for season 2 but moved to CW. I know that it will perform better on this channel, as well as probably actually be better. I just hope their Earths mash together or something, so that Supergirl/man can live in a world with Flash.

Also, Greg Berlanti could be directing the new Booster Gold movie. :p

May 13, 2016 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
Supergirl VFX was godawful, its like watching Power Rangers, perhaps in CW hands it will get better and I would actually watch it.

May 13, 2016 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
Rhaeserys said:
DrGeroCreation said:
@Rhaeserys I thought

May 25, 2016 12:04 AM

Apr 2011
Wait....
yhunataMay 25, 2016 12:12 AM
May 25, 2016 12:35 AM

Apr 2016

May 25, 2016 12:54 AM

Apr 2011
May 25, 2016 4:51 AM

Dec 2012
That garbage acting. Damn.

Meh, pretty underwhelming. Doesn't really excuse the subpar second season. I think I'm done with this series. More than anything I can't handle the terrible actors.
May 25, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
Awesome episode. Really like how much Harry has changed and actually calls Cisco by his first name. Seeing how everything got reset, there will be another version of Harrison Wells, E1 version since Eobard never killed him this time.

Look like Zoom turned into Black Racer when the Time Wraith took him away.

May 25, 2016 9:32 AM

Aug 2013
LOL what's the point of season 1 and 2 after what Barry did.

The second half of the season was pretty meh and underwhelming and my enjoyment decreased. Zoom for me was the biggest dissapointments of the seaon.

Season 1>Season 2 by a mile.

KaiserNazrin said:

Look like Zoom turned into Black Racer when the Time Wraith took him away.

Black Flash*. Yeah I noticed that too and actually thought it was cool that they did that.
May 25, 2016 9:03 PM

Apr 2016
(definitely Black Flash reference)

I hope Tom continues on in the show. I don't even care how at this point. Also, agree about that s1 > s2 but I still really enjoyed s2 despite its weak points. I honestly think Barry is going to take his mother to the future so that technically she isn't there in the past.

I really hope season 3 won't be about a billion other speedsters. A different kind of villain would be great!

Also, anyone see the Arrow season finale?

May 25, 2016 9:27 PM

Nov 2011
The Flash have to undo what he did eventually otherwise lots of thing would've been pointless like Wally and Jesse being hit by particle explosion.

I wonder if Reverse Flash would be big bad again because of this.

May 26, 2016 2:00 AM

Apr 2011
Rhaeserys said:
I honestly think Barry is going to take his mother to the future so that technically she isn't there in the past.

Why apologise to Iris, then? I think he's resetting the timeline by saving her.

Rhaeserys said:
I really hope season 3 won't be about a billion other speedsters. A different kind of villain would be great!

I agree. Speedsters are cool, but speedster vs speedster is getting a bit too repetitive. The only way I see myself accepting another speedster for a villain would be if it were an evil Barry.

Rhaeserys said:
Also, anyone see the Arrow season finale?

Just finished it.
May 26, 2016 2:12 AM

Apr 2016
yhunata said:

Why apologise to Iris, then? I think he's resetting the timeline by saving her.

Oh, I forgot about that...perhaps it is a preemptive "sorry" in case something went wrong? But ah, I would have liked the idea of Barry bringing her forward into time to the moment he left in the finale. :(

If he's resetting the timeline and it stays that way I am going to be so annoyed. Every episode will have been useless.

yhunata said:

I agree. Speedsters are cool, but speedster vs speedster is getting a bit too repetitive. The only way I see myself accepting another speedster for a villain would be if it were an evil Barry.

That would be something, for sure. If they won't do something like that or different for a speedster being the villain, I only want to see another speedster if it is Wally becoming Barry's sidekick. :P

yhunata said:

Just finished it.

May 26, 2016 8:23 AM

Aug 2013
Grodd anyone? Maybe he is going to be the villain for season 3.
May 26, 2016 9:15 AM

Jan 2014
They are playing with the timeline way too much and the inconsistencies and stuff just become more and more inexcusable.

This season was a disappointment.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 26, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
Just finished Arrow and I gotta say this didn't felt as a season finale,it was I don't know like a regular episode.

The fight was kinda anticlimactic too.

Overall though that was a solid season and I liked more than season 3
May 26, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
Season 4 of the Arrow wanted to make me kill myself. The Flash became soap-opera central with superheros, I couldn't go an episode without cringing from all the cliches and "plot twist". I hope flash point turns out better. Legends of Tomorrow is awful. Bad writing, directing and action. None of the time travel rules make any sense, you disappoint me Rory from Doctor Who. I'm not going to even bother watching Supergirl, the trailer told me exactly what type of audience it's catering to(the people who will like the new Ghostbusters). And Gotham is the red-headed step child, no one gives a fuck about Gotham. Know, if you excuse me I'm going to watch Daredevil, the GOOD superhero tv show, even though I heard that the second season is a little underwhelming.
May 26, 2016 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
Tatsu765 said:
Season 4 of the Arrow wanted to make me kill myself. The Flash became soap-opera central with superheros, I couldn't go an episode without cringing from all the cliches and "plot twist". I hope flash point turns out better. Legends of Tomorrow is awful. Bad writing, directing and action. None of the time travel rules make any sense, you disappoint me Rory from Doctor Who. I'm not going to even bother watching Supergirl, the trailer told me exactly what type of audience it's catering to(the people who will like the new Ghostbusters). And Gotham is the red-headed step child, no one gives a fuck about Gotham. Know, if you excuse me I'm going to watch Daredevil, the GOOD superhero tv show, even though I heard that the second season is a little underwhelming.

Oh man Daredevil feels so lifeless and boring to me. They got the gritty style right, and the plot is good but the pacing, actors, drama and characters are infuriating.

Watch Jessica Jones.
May 26, 2016 3:39 PM

Jul 2015
tsudecimo said:
Tatsu765 said:

Oh man Daredevil feels so lifeless and boring to me. They got the gritty style right, and the plot is good but the pacing, actors, drama and characters are infuriating.

Watch Jessica Jones.

I feel like the Daredevil manages to find some balance between the action and drama at times. The characters do annoy at most times, but they do have there moments (Fisk, Frank Castle). I'm definitely checking out Jessica Jones, I've only heard good things
Jun 1, 2016 3:04 AM

Apr 2016
CornrowKenny said:
Grodd anyone? Maybe he is going to be the villain for season 3.

If they love their comic book fans any, they will consider it, at the least.

Oct 28, 2016 8:12 AM

Jun 2008
"It's Grodd, not God"....

Anyways. Did anyone watch it last night? They ended up in 17th century feudal Japan. It wasn't that bad but I had issues with the unnecessary mix of Japanese with English. It's not like the words they used in the episode didn't have their English equivalents. I think the writers wanted to sound like they knew a few words of Japanese and just put them in. Such weebs. *facepalm*
Dodecahedron-O24Oct 28, 2016 8:16 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 28, 2016 8:20 AM

Apr 2011
Have only really been watching Arrow and mostly skimming through Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. LoT somehow seems even worse than the first season, while Flash is kinda holding steady. Arrow, for now, is better than last season for me.
Oct 28, 2016 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
LoT got a lot better than the first season, heck I might even start to enjoy it more than the Flash if it keeps this up. I must say, I dislike the idea of replacing Earth 2 Wells with HR Wells which I don't remember which Earth he is from. Who even think its a good idea to grab a random Wells from a different universe anyway?

Oct 28, 2016 9:04 AM

Jun 2008
KaiserNazrin said:
LoT got a lot better than the first season, heck I might even start to enjoy it more than the Flash if it keeps this up. I must say, I dislike the idea of replacing Earth 2 Wells with HR Wells which I don't remember which Earth he is from. Who even think its a good idea to grab a random Wells from a different universe anyway?
HR is from Earth-19. We'll see how this goes. I like that Caitlyn is turning in Killer Frost. I hope she doesn't go evil like her Earth-2 counterpart.

Oct 28, 2016 9:12 AM

Jul 2013
Tatsu765 said:

Wewlad. Talk about edge. Kids these days. Go watch the GOAT SUPAHEROOOOO SHOW EDGEDEVILLLLL.
I call it Memedevil but that's just me tho
Oct 29, 2016 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
You know, I'm really enjoying season 5. I mean, it's not as good as season 2, but after that shitfest of season 4, this is pretty damn good.

Also, anyone heard of the Flash x Supergirl crossover? Apparently, it's gonna be a musical. I understand that Gustin and Benoist worked on Glee, but that does not mean Supergirl and Flash should have a fucking musical.
Oct 29, 2016 7:44 AM

Jun 2008
yhunata said:
You know, I'm really enjoying season 5. I mean, it's not as good as season 2, but after that shitfest of season 4, this is pretty damn good.

Also, anyone heard of the Flash x Supergirl crossover? Apparently, it's gonna be a musical. I understand that Gustin and Benoist worked on Glee, but that does not mean Supergirl and Flash should have a fucking musical.
The crossovers will be through all the CW titles...and yes, the Supergirl/Flash crossover will be a musical, sad to say. :*

Oct 30, 2016 12:26 AM

Jun 2015
no.

superheroes on tv were meant to be animated.

I never got into the live action tv shows.

and they are all low tiered sideys.

even the tv superman looked meh from super girl.

I dont follow but might watch tomorrow legends or what ever that time travelling things s2.

the shared universe is not that appealing.

gotham is kinda boring too.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» J Cole vs Kendrick Lamar

Cammell - Apr 5

36 by cody »»
1 hour ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4828 by scarydragon »»
2 hours ago

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched?

Vargnatt - Mar 23

34 by scarydragon »»
2 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

17 by scarydragon »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7635 by Kazeninjaryu1 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.