Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 12, 2014 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
Just wanted to be real about it.

Andou feels somewhat like a real person and has genuine thoughts and emotions.

Arata is wish fulfillment Audience commentary designed to help horny teenagers connect with the anime.
Nov 12, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2014

LoneWizzyNov 13, 2014 6:46 AM
Nov 12, 2014 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:

excellent response.

You sure showed me for making a pointless thread by making a pointless post just to get my attention.

You clearly are more mature in every way.
Nov 12, 2014 10:04 PM

Aug 2013
Your sure love creating some 'interesting' threads.

Well i agree with you though. Andou's honest,thoughtful and mature personality already makes him dozens of times more likable than characters like Arata.
Nov 13, 2014 12:06 AM

Jul 2014
Both are shit.
Nov 13, 2014 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
Makes me sad that people champion arata simply because they are idiots and think any man who doesnt incessantly think about fucking every girl he meets is "unrealistic".

Okashi_sama said:
Both are shit.

Just dropping by to show everyone how good your taste is eh?
Nov 13, 2014 6:47 AM

Jan 2014
Araragi > Takayama
Nov 13, 2014 8:06 AM

Jan 2014
SolvitePriest said:
LonelyWizard said:
Araragi > Takayama

you realize the two names i gave are the same season, in the same genre right?

can you go cry somewhere else? Jesus christ.
you should respect my opinions,im not looking for a fight...you take it too seriously
Nov 13, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
SolvitePriest said:

you realize the two names i gave are the same season, in the same genre right?

can you go cry somewhere else? Jesus christ.
you should respect my opinions,im not looking for a fight...you take it too seriously

Yes you are.

How much can you bait in one fucking thread?
Nov 13, 2014 6:50 PM

Jan 2014
SolvitePriest said:
LonelyWizard said:

Yes you are.

you keep misunderstanding me
Nov 13, 2014 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
SolvitePriest said:

Yes you are.

you posted an insulting gif, then an off topic comparison. Stop trying to be funny at my expense.
Nov 13, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2014
SolvitePriest said:
LonelyWizard said:

you posted an insulting gif, then an off topic comparison. Stop trying to be funny at my expense.
how dare you call araragi insulting
Nov 13, 2014 10:10 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think I've ever agreed with SolvitePriest until... wait, no. I still haven't.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Nov 18, 2014 6:44 AM

Jul 2014
SolvitePriest said:
Okashi_sama said:
Both are shit.

Well. Arata is overrated, he's not as good as people say, and Andou just proved that he's an idiot in ep 7.
Nov 18, 2014 6:58 AM

Oct 2013
Okashi_sama said:
SolvitePriest said:

Well. Arata is overrated, he's not as good as people say, and Andou just proved that he's an idiot in ep 7.

Not really an idiot. People irl do that quite often. The newest episode also shows him being well aware of tomoyo's feelings. To me that just shows that he more easily understands someone who has a relatively close personality to his own.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 18, 2014 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
Okashi_sama said:
and Andou just proved that he's an idiot in ep 7.
You mean a human? And wait, you just now realized the chuuni is an idiot?
Nov 18, 2014 7:12 PM

Aug 2008
Issei> everyone else
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 18, 2014 11:09 PM

Jan 2014
Makoto>All...He gets all the girls while your kid harem protagonists chill around...
Nov 18, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2012
In general I agree, but funnily enough I think this week's respective episodes was the first time I preferred Arata. Andou this week was being kinda clueless and then got gut-punched into letting Hatoko get kidnapped. I know he was just trying to protect her from stuff he thought she wouldn't get, but in the end he came off looking rather...well clueless, or dumb. But it was only one episode and I trust he'll fix the damage as soon as possible. Arata's an ok mc, nothing spectacular. It wasn't really about him being that much better this week, although his "fight" this week probably actually was his best showing yet, as it was Andou having a down week.
Nov 18, 2014 11:25 PM

Jul 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
Okashi_sama said:
Ok. maybe i should have said dense as fuck when it comes to Hatoko, since he couldn't understand the feelings of his childhood friend which he spent the most time with her, and his "you won't understand anyway" was really annoying.

Zapredon said:
Keima> everyone else

ftfy
Nov 19, 2014 12:38 AM

May 2012
bunch of retards
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Nov 19, 2014 1:30 AM

Aug 2012
Who the hell is Arata?
Nov 19, 2014 1:52 AM

Jan 2014
Beaver897 said:
Who the hell is Arata?

http://myanimelist.net/character/42391/Arata_Kasuga
Nov 19, 2014 3:03 PM

May 2013
Andou never understood her feelings: that's true. Does that make him a bad character? Well, it could. Most people would certainly point out how dense he seems to be a major flaw. However, I think the point is that chuunibyou is a desire to be chosen and not be chosen at the same time; the foundation behind his delusions is his understanding that he is different, but at the same time for him to be special he needs to be chosen, which is hard for people to do when they don't understand you. Thus, he assumes that most people don't understand him, so he never put in the thought as to how that makes anyone else feel, nor did he think that people would try to understand him. If you were to draw an analogy to murder... most people will never attempt to understand a murderer because they fear becoming a murderer or thinking like one would, obviously, be a very "bad" thing in other peoples eyes... and everyone wants to be chosen by others. Thus, as with any "bad" condition, if you have it people won't try to understand you. Why would Andou think anyone is trying to understand him when most people specifically try not too? His true flaw is not realizing that his friends would (obviously) try to understand him: he overextended the assumption.

In any case, this does present a flaw in his character; however, no person is perfect. In shounen and super hero anime the main character is normally some generic good guy with no real flaws. They always have the right frame of mind. Here we see Andou who is portrayed as this delusional yet intelligent and almost idyllic good guy that can solve all their problems... yet with this episode they make it quite evident that he is obviously not your perfect main character. He's just a normal guy like the rest of them and he screws up like any other person does on a regular basis, they've just chosen to omit this fact up till now.

That's how I see it. Personally, I think he's a decent character and they do a good job of keeping him pretty realistic unlike most shows out there, but because he does have flaws people will surely be slit based on how much weight they put into this particular flaw.
Comparing him to Arata is crazy talk. Arata is weighed down by the norms and expectations of viewers of the genre. He is actually decent for the harem genre, but that isn't really saying all that much.
Nov 19, 2014 7:23 PM

Sep 2014
Really if you don't like a certain character then that's your own opinion just don't go arguing over the internet.
Nov 19, 2014 9:03 PM

Dec 2013
You didn't really have to make a thread about it. But personally, I agree with you. Although both Trinity Seven and Inou Battle have quite cliche characters (and story) I find that Inou Battle has more likable characters.
Dec 2, 2014 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
hhitagi said:
You didn't really have to make a thread about it. But personally, I agree with you. Although both Trinity Seven and Inou Battle have quite cliche characters (and story) I find that Inou Battle has more likable characters.

Are there a finite amount of threads that can be made?

Call the press, I wasted a valuable thread.
Dec 3, 2014 5:52 AM

Sep 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Okashi_sama said:

No kidding, it kind of annoys me that characters like Lelouch, Kirito, and Edward Elric are praised as amazing characters because they are pretty much bad-ass 99% of the time they are on screen. Hell even their "flaws" are shown as cool, because they are the protag and reasons. But when a character with actual character flaws comes around he/she usually gets a lot of hate: Sengoku or Sakura. God forbid they aren't flawless.
Dec 3, 2014 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
GoS1234 said:
AlexTheRiot said:

No kidding, it kind of annoys me that characters like Lelouch, Kirito, and Edward Elric are praised as amazing characters because they are pretty much bad-ass 99% of the time they are on screen. Hell even their "flaws" are shown as cool, because they are the protag and reasons. But when a character with actual character flaws comes around he/she usually gets a lot of hate: Sengoku or Sakura. God forbid they aren't flawless.
thank god...For a second i thought you were talking about Sakura from Naruto,then saw your profile pic :S

Their cases are a little different tho,they play the bad guy so it makes sense when some people hate them...
Dec 3, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
I love how being a "Badass" makes someone a well written character.

Apparently if Ichika from Infinite Stratos murdered a few people in cold blood, everything else about him would be ok.
Feb 4, 2015 8:16 AM

Jun 2014
yes, without a doubt

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

298 by dspr »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.