Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
>How do join atheism
>Don't believe god exists

Done.

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Oct 14, 2014 8:36 AM
Jul 2014
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 14, 2014 8:43 AM

Nov 2012
Thrashinuva said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Fuck's sake!

Atheism is the lack of belief in a deity.

LACK of belief

That's why it can't be a belief as itself

No. Agnosticism is a lack of belief.
Etymology and most dictionaries are on his side. a - theos means without god, no god. Atheism is lack of belief. There can be a smaller branch of atheism that explicitly believes that there isn't a god. This is usually called positive atheism or gnostic atheism.
Here's a good picture:
Yes, there are some atheists that believe there isn't a god but I do think (with nothing to back me up) that the majority is agnostic (orange area, no belief whatsover). And is the most reasonable too, in my opinion
MomonoOct 14, 2014 8:48 AM
Oct 14, 2014 10:05 AM

Sep 2012
Do you believe in a deity of some sort? No? Then you're an atheist.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Oct 14, 2014 10:17 AM

Feb 2010
*yawn*
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 14, 2014 10:28 AM

Feb 2005
Man all these silly troll threads.
Oct 14, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
inb4 lock
Start making threads bashing religion and see were that takes you.
Maybe you'll get banned, but it will be worth it.

I can see you

Oct 14, 2014 12:50 PM
Oct 2014
Screw Atheism. Become a Jedi!
Oct 14, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2012

If you don't believe what is written in the book is true, the entire argument for religion falls apart. The image is a metaphor for a bible. Just because something says its true doesn't mean it is, ESPECIALLY if the information in the bible has been debunked numerous times by numerous scholars and historians. Well except christian historians because you know, they aren't going to try and debunk their own religion. Its the only thing keeping them from going mad from the inevitability of death and the end of the universe.

Atheists simply choose to accept whats in front of them rather than speculate at the expense of real people. Because you know, telling REAL people they are going to hell and are unacceptable because you believe in something that is UNCERTAIN makes total sense?

Don't know about you but I'm not going to believe in something that has no basis at the expense of real people who are in front of me right now.
Oct 14, 2014 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
You don't need to do anything special.
Oct 14, 2014 3:11 PM
Oct 2014
EternalFusion said:

If you don't believe what is written in the book is true, the entire argument for religion falls apart. The image is a metaphor for a bible. Just because something says its true doesn't mean it is, ESPECIALLY if the information in the bible has been debunked numerous times by numerous scholars and historians. Well except christian historians because you know, they aren't going to try and debunk their own religion. Its the only thing keeping them from going mad from the inevitability of death and the end of the universe.

This argument only works if the opposite party, Theists, would acknowledge logic.
Oct 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Jun 2011
Sacrifice your first born to the god lord, The Amazing Atheist. Then, be a dick to all your non-atheist friends. Now, you're an atheist!
Oct 14, 2014 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
You don't join atheism. It's not a religion.

Atheism literally means lack of theism, which means denial of the existence of any god or gods.

As Bill Maher once said, "If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position."
Oct 14, 2014 4:05 PM
Mar 2014
Kyandesu said:
"If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position."
Oct 14, 2014 4:19 PM

Jan 2014
Wyzdm said:
PsychoPriest said:
My desire to understand why they are so obnoxious with their belief

Why don't you ask the religious people why they are so obnoxious with there belief?

Fight fire with fire, eh?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 14, 2014 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Locked
Okay, so there were some serious posts here but it has mostly rambled off into spam. I am not certain if your got the answer your were hoping for but it is my wish to not turn this topic into another religious bloodbath about whether or not, religions are justified or if their believers are crazy. While there is something to be said about discussing world religions or lack therefore of, this is hardly a productive way to go about it.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

24 by Noboru »»
5 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
16 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
24 minutes ago

» Looking for friends | Cultural exchange and otaku conversations

KMIR - 26 minutes ago

0 by KMIR »»
26 minutes ago

» What jobs do you all have? ( 1 2 )

AnxiousMike - Feb 11, 2023

83 by Dracowyn »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.