Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Does she become weak?
Sep 16, 2014 8:57 AM
Sep 2014
I'm fond of strong female leads but I heard from a friend that she becomes weak for Usui... is this true? ( Didn't read it yet. ) SPOILERS ARE WELCOME!!!
I'm also looking for more shoujo reccs with a strong and independent female lead. :3
My type of romantic shoujo pair would be like the couple from Kuroneko Guardian by Izumi Asuka just so you know.
Sep 16, 2014 9:19 AM

Feb 2014
[spoiler]Your friend was wrong , she is pretty strong (I mean not muscles but her spirit and will ) she is very strict with men but when she is with Usui she just becomes shy not WEAK.
VerhusSep 16, 2014 9:23 AM
Sep 16, 2014 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
I'd say that she just gets nervous around him sometimes. Which is pretty normal for people to do when they're around someone they like.

If you haven't already read these, Skip Beat, Komomo Confiserie, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, and Dengeki Daisy all have strong leads.
Sep 16, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
I am gonna be harsh.

This show was really annoying and almost insulting.

She seemed strong and independent at the start, but later on Usui just keeps and keeps teasing her and she barely manages to say a word to him and even if she says it it doesn't mean anything. I can honestly say that she becomes weak for him. Usui is portrayed as a god who everybody worships for : being a douche or being handsome??? and he makes almost every decision for her, especially towards the end. I mean in the end when a rival was introduced, every time something would happen between the Ayuzava and the other guy, Usui just comes to intervene when he obviously couldn't have been in some of the places. He just makes the decisions for her, practically kicks the other love interest out the view and Ayuzava just says nothing.

I don't know maybe I am wrong in some parts but that were the points that stuck in my head and it really made me hate this anime. For real.
Sep 16, 2014 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
robis798 said:
I am gonna be harsh.

She seemed strong and independent at the start, but later on Usui just keeps and keeps teasing her and she barely manages to say a word to him and even if she says it it doesn't mean anything. I can honestly say that she becomes weak for him. Usui is portrayed as a god who everybody worships for : being a douche or being handsome??? and he makes almost every decision for her, especially towards the end. I mean in the end when a rival was introduced, every time something would happen between the Ayuzava and the other guy, Usui just comes to intervene when he obviously couldn't have been in some of the places. He just makes the decisions for her, practically kicks the other love interest out the view and Ayuzava just says nothing.

I don't know maybe I am wrong in some parts but that were the points that stuck in my head and it really made me hate this anime. For real.

Well I think it partly depends on whether the OP intends to read the manga or watch the anime. The anime changed up the order of the manga and changed a few of the events as well. And the anime didn't even cover the whole manga.

Usui does tease Misaki sometimes, but I don't know about her "barely managing to say a word to him." I don't really see the big deal since teasing isn't really all that bad anyway.

Usui isn't exactly portrayed as a god.

He doesn't really make decisions for her either.

I guess in some ways it makes it seem like Misaki is weak, but even until the end of the manga she's the one choosing what she does. Usui tries to help her along sometimes, but he just waits until she's ready.
Sep 16, 2014 3:59 PM
Sep 2014
dream_eater1012 said:
robis798 said:
I am gonna be harsh.

Well I think it partly depends on whether the OP intends to read the manga or watch the anime. The anime changed up the order of the manga and changed a few of the events as well. And the anime didn't even cover the whole manga.

Usui does tease Misaki sometimes, but I don't know about her "barely managing to say a word to him." I don't really see the big deal since teasing isn't really all that bad anyway.

Usui isn't exactly portrayed as a god.

He doesn't really make decisions for her either.

I guess in some ways it makes it seem like Misaki is weak, but even until the end of the manga she's the one choosing what she does. Usui tries to help her along sometimes, but he just waits until she's ready.

I'm gonna need a stronger argument against what robis798 said. Because what he said was exactly what my friend told me. I need more spoilers... >.<
SelCatSep 16, 2014 4:14 PM
Sep 16, 2014 4:13 PM
Jul 2013
No, she gets shy but not weak.
Sep 16, 2014 4:22 PM

Mar 2014
No well.
She is definitely strong and all.
Is true that somethimes she fall for usui (BUT IS REALLY SLOW)
but well is shoujo. And every one is supposed to be weak with the person they love. But no, she is not weak.
Sep 16, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2014
SelCat said:
I'm gonna need a stronger argument against what robis798 said. Because what he said was exactly what my friend told me. I need more spoilers... >.<

It's not like anyone is forcing you to read/watch it if you don't want to. I personally think that Misaki doesn't get any more weak than a normal person would. But that's just my opinion. There are chapter summaries on the Kaichou wa maid-sama wiki. I think if you really want to know whether you'll like the series, instead of making others try to convince you one way or the other, you should just read the chapter summaries or the chapters themselves. Or watch the anime. You might just be better off coming to your own conclusion of the work instead of making others do the thinking for you.
Sep 16, 2014 6:48 PM
Sep 2014
dream_eater1012 said:
SelCat said:

It's not like anyone is forcing you to read/watch it if you don't want to. I personally think that Misaki doesn't get any more weak than a normal person would. But that's just my opinion. There are chapter summaries on the Kaichou wa maid-sama wiki. I think if you really want to know whether you'll like the series, instead of making others try to convince you one way or the other, you should just read the chapter summaries or the chapters themselves. Or watch the anime. You might just be better off coming to your own conclusion of the work instead of making others do the thinking for you.

Sorry if I offended you in anyway. I'm just curious to what other people think before I watch it. I went to Kaichou wa maid-sama wiki but since I have little time read every single chapter summarry I felt it would be easier to just hear what people think about it before deciding to read or not. I just don't want to get disappointed okay? >.< For ex. Sumire from Kimi wa Petto... I assumed she was strong but as I finished the manga she ended up being more dependent than I taught she was.
Again, sorry if I offended you.
Sep 16, 2014 8:08 PM
Oct 2010
'Not weak' my ass. If you want to spoil yourself, OP, go watch eps 16 and 17 "-no, you will not go with your friends, woman -ok" of the anime, that should convince you to stay away. I know where you are coming from because I had the same worries and fuck my life that I finished it. You guys are free to go kya over the manga (i.e. over Usui's abusive character) but you are dealing in 100% pure bullshit when selling the idea that the heroine is the strong, independent individual of the premise throughout the manga.
robis798 said:
Usui... makes almost every decision for her, especially towards the end.

Quoted for truth, the pointer to eps 16 and 17 I mention is one (of the many) instances where this happens.

Recs: if you desperately want to watch/read something like KwMS without getting cancer, try Special A. You are still getting an asshole and a faux strong female, but not to the extent in Maid-sama.

Others: Kodomo no omocha, Kimi wa Pet, Skip Beat, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Beauty Pop, Kare Kano, Omoide Emanon, Tonari no Kaibutsu kun, Soredemo sekai wa utsukushii, Otoyomegatari, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime... really, so many good romance manga with genuinely strong characters.
hentai_proxySep 16, 2014 8:17 PM
Sep 16, 2014 8:47 PM

Jun 2014
SelCat said:
Sorry if I offended you in anyway. I'm just curious to what other people think before I watch it. I went to Kaichou wa maid-sama wiki but since I have little time read every single chapter summarry I felt it would be easier to just hear what people think about it before deciding to read or not. I just don't want to get disappointed okay? >.< For ex. Sumire from Kimi wa Petto... I assumed she was strong but as I finished the manga she ended up being more dependent than I taught she was.
Again, sorry if I offended you.

I'm not offended. I said for you to look for yourself because there are going to be people who don't agree that she's weak and there are going to be people who do. Because it's an opinion. Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Some posters seem to think Usui's behavior is abusive. Plus, for the people who disliked it, they're going to have stronger reactions than the people who enjoyed it. Since hating something usually inspires more passion in people more than for people who just enjoyed it.

The issue here is that people have different levels of what they're okay with. Some women (maybe even men? I don't really know) have rape fantasies, other people would find Usui level behavior (teasing and being a bit possessive) terrible. You may or may not be comfortable with what's in the manga. But that's really only something you would know.
Sep 16, 2014 10:32 PM
Sep 2014
dream_eater1012 said:

Some women (maybe even men? I don't really know) have rape fantasies,.

WHAT? Really? 0.0 Bu but rape is non-consensual right? As for me, I can't imagine women or men liking rape... Unless if you meant BDSM fantasies, that kind of relationship still needs consent.
Sep 16, 2014 10:56 PM

Jun 2014
SelCat said:
dream_eater1012 said:

Some women (maybe even men? I don't really know) have rape fantasies,.

WHAT? Really? 0.0 Bu but rape is non-consensual right? As for me, I can't imagine women or men liking rape... Unless if you meant BDSM fantasies, that kind of relationship still needs consent.

There have been studies about women having rape fantasies for various different reasons. It's not that they exactly want to be raped. This isn't really the thread for that though. Yes, rape is non-consensual, just so we're clear.

Point is, some people may not like the manga/anime, but maybe you will. Or you won't. I don't know.
Sep 16, 2014 11:04 PM
Sep 2014
hentai_proxy said:
'Not weak' my ass. If you want to spoil yourself, OP, go watch eps 16 and 17 "-no, you will not go with your friends, woman -ok" of the anime, that should convince you to stay away. I know where you are coming from because I had the same worries and fuck my life that I finished it. You guys are free to go kya over the manga (i.e. over Usui's abusive character) but you are dealing in 100% pure bullshit when selling the idea that the heroine is the strong, independent individual of the premise throughout the manga.
robis798 said:
Usui... makes almost every decision for her, especially towards the end.

Quoted for truth, the pointer to eps 16 and 17 I mention is one (of the many) instances where this happens.

Recs: if you desperately want to watch/read something like KwMS without getting cancer, try Special A. You are still getting an asshole and a faux strong female, but not to the extent in Maid-sama.

Others: Kodomo no omocha, Kimi wa Pet, Skip Beat, Tokyo Crazy Paradise, Beauty Pop, Kare Kano, Omoide Emanon, Tonari no Kaibutsu kun, Soredemo sekai wa utsukushii, Otoyomegatari, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime... really, so many good romance manga with genuinely strong characters.

I absolutely hate faux strong female and asshole type leads but thanks for the reccs. I read Kimi wa Pet and also watched the drama. Though I enjoyed both I had problems with the manga's ending but again, thanks. :)
Sep 17, 2014 10:39 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 6

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2010

388 by Troy_The_Boy »»
Apr 6, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

taim - Jul 15, 2010

142 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 24, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

165 by xevi_dx »»
Mar 22, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2010

128 by antoninus_v »»
Mar 21, 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.