Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 6, 2014 7:09 AM
Aug 2008
Is this series even in small part as good as Major? I'm thinking about watch it so please someone who have seen all Major series and are watching DnA to answer me. Thanks in advance.
Sep 7, 2014 6:27 PM

Jul 2012
I swear, someone asked the same question on the forums just a few days ago.

DnA is essentially, Major season 2's Kaido arc. DnA lacks the emotional impact and "long term dream" theme that Major has, but what it does better is that it has more fleshed out characters, less predictable games, more focus on one team (instead of Goro switching every season lmao) and wayyyy better animation. I love Major as well but DnA is really good too.
Sep 7, 2014 9:46 PM

Dec 2010
They're both really different anime. Major focuses on the (exponential) growth of a single character, and it goes past high school baseball, into a more world perspective on baseball. Diamond no Ace focuses on a high school team's dynamics, with the main character being sidelined in some cases.

I liked Major, but Diamond no Ace is a better representation of baseball in Japan. The games are also much better and less predictable. So really, if you like baseball, you will probably like DnA.
Sep 23, 2014 2:46 PM
Nov 2013
Since I messed up my scores for animes and started giving much too high scores (way too much 8-9-10) it doesn't show, but Major is by far the best anime I've ever watched, because of this emotional aspect and the different stages of his life and his developement.

Well, there isn't any anime like that except Major (if there is, TELL ME PLS) and I'm sure DnA is gonna end in High School life and doesn't show the later pro scene.

Still, DnA is a very good anime. There is a pretty good developement as well (I don't know how far the anime yet is, so I don't want to spoiler). It isn't you typical Shounen Sports Anime, where the protagonist rapes every1 from the beginning.

If you liked Major, you will much likely enjoy DnA as well.
Sep 23, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
Raiyden said:
Well, there isn't any anime like that except Major (if there is, TELL ME PLS) and I'm sure DnA is gonna end in High School life and doesn't show the later pro scene.

Depends what you're looking for in another anime? Major is a lot of different things, for me. Each season differed a lot from each other (first one being a classics sports anime, second season and third season were also typical sports anime, fourth to sixth went beyond high school which was fucking awesome)
Sep 24, 2014 12:18 PM

Sep 2014
Both anime are excellent.

Major follows the development of the hero and gave us lots of emotions: joy, sadness…
The hero is the center of the anime, very strong, impressive, cool.

In DnA, the team is more highlighted. The hero has a different style, he is not like the traditional baseball hero with power pitch. It's interesting because he has a rival that's also a newbie and is not initially strong.
This anime has also a lot of humor compared to major.

In conclusion, the two manga are different but are both very good.
Sep 29, 2014 1:20 AM

Oct 2012
I agree with most people here, Major focuses mainly on the protagonist and DnA on the whole team. I prefer Major since I like Goro more than Sawamura and because it has more "real life aspects" and the story covers many years.

You should check out One Outs, this one is totally different and badass.
Sep 29, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2009
Marloges said:

You should check out One Outs, this one is totally different and badass.

I actually quite liked One Outs, I went into with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Although I wished he circumstances were different it still turned out to be pretty entertaining. Tokuchi was so BA.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.