Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2014
AriaZero- said:
The_Pyromaani said:
Hopefully you guys know this style fo-fai plays. It's a annoying style but effective.
Effective at getting him lynched early? If so, 100% effective.

well yeah. But if we think otherway. He makes people talk and he pretty much guesses in the end who is mafia and who is not.
~I am just one sadist who supports friends~
Aug 16, 2014 7:34 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Wh1t3 said:
The point I'm trying to make is to

NOT LYNCH RANDOMLY

Base it on something. Anything.

I did it based off of probability. If that's not something then idk what to tell you. And a guess is a random choice someone makes. So all of our votes are randomly chosen. Evidence or not it's still random.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Aug 16, 2014 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
Wh1t3 said:
I did it based off of probability. If that's not something then idk what to tell you. And a guess is a random choice someone makes. So all of our votes are randomly chosen. Evidence or not it's still random.
You made the decision based on the probability that the first 5 slots would have mafia. How do you even know that?

If there's evidence then it's not random. Being wrong isn't the worst thing in the world but being wrong without any reason makes the fault pointless.
Aug 16, 2014 7:41 PM

Mar 2014
Fo-Fai said:
Wh1t3 said:
The point I'm trying to make is to

NOT LYNCH RANDOMLY

Base it on something. Anything.

SluttyxPew said:
Please Fo-fai even google says Mafia-Guessing game you can't win it just guessing, but it doesn't change the fact that it is...

So then you don't have any strat yet again voting people randomly, in this not-guessing game? Thanks i'm now more sure of this vote, of course i could be lying when i voted you or voted for allen or making anything i am, after all this is all about guessing and lying to make people react, thanks.
That looks like a whole lot of nothing in that post. I mean come on dude give me something to defend against.

If mafia was a guessing game then how could anyone be better than anyone else at it? I'd be like playing tic-tac-toe. There's strategy. Reads. Forced reasoning. Wagon speculation. All these things that I'm sure most of you probably have never even taken the time to get familiar with because up until now you HAVE been playing mafia that's casual in basically dead thread with no discussion. Case in point game 4.

I'm not asking you to change your vote. I'm asking you to give some reason behind it.

Well i don't know if you read what i wrote (not that it really matters tho), i just said it is a guessing game (which in fact, even if you don't like the fact) but you can't win just guessing (ofc i think everybody knows that). And all those terms are not just used in mafia, don't generalize.
I already said why i'm voting, if you don't approve or like it you are free to vote for another person, i'm not tying you or anything here man.
PewxPewAug 16, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
gonna really go to bed now hehe

take it easy guys ;D

Mar 2009
Please use the day 1 poll to lock your vote, as stated in the rules, for a vote to count, it has be cast in the poll and posted here.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Aug 16, 2014 7:43 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
You made the decision based on the probability that the first 5 slots would have mafia. How do you even know that?

If there's evidence then it's not random. Being wrong isn't the worst thing in the world but being wrong without any reason makes the fault pointless.

I made the probability that the majority of the first 5 people were going to be towns people since 60% of the people in the game are towns people. Which means if more people are being chosen in the earlier stage that means their is a higher chance of people picked in the end to be mafia. That's how I made the guess.

Unless someone abrutly says and shows that they are part of the mafia then it's obvious to do that. But just because someone says they are in the mafia doesn't mean they actually are. Like you said there are traitors in this game so every person lynched mafia or not most have had some probability of being in the mafia. As I said previously just because someone says to be in the mafia doesn't mean they are. This game is all about mind games and if you think about it for too much you wouldn't know who to vote for in the end and will be a guess anyways.
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
SluttyxPew said:
Well i don't know if you read what i wrote (not that it really matters tho), i just said it is a guessing game (which in fact, even if you don't like the fact) but you can't win just guessing (ofc i think everybody knows that). And all those terms ar not just used in mafia, don't generalize.
I already said why i'm voting, if you don't approve or like it you are free to vote for another person, i'm not tying you or anything here man.
I can't understand what you're saying, sluttyxpew. hehe

I'll just chalk it up to
>go back and read(which I did and couldn't find anything help me out here)
>im not gonna change my vote

It's cool man. You've got the right to vote whoever ya want. #voteordie

But since you can't seem to muster up some reasoning I just can't take it seriously. That's all man. Nothing personal.

unvote

GN!
Aug 16, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2014
night fo-fai
Aug 16, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Wh1t3 said:
Fo-Fai said:

I made the probability that the majority of the first 5 people were going to be towns people since 60% of the people in the game are towns people. Which means if more people are being chosen in the earlier stage that means their is a higher chance of people picked in the end to be mafia. That's how I made the guess.

Unless someone abrutly says and shows that they are part of the mafia then it's obvious to do that. But just because someone says they are in the mafia doesn't mean they actually are. Like you said there are traitors in this game so every person lynched mafia or not most have had some probability of being in the mafia. As I said previously just because someone says to be in the mafia doesn't mean they are. This game is all about mind games and if you think about it for too much you wouldn't know who to vote for in the end and will be a guess anyways.
So your point is randomly lynching gives us pretty decent odds to hit someone who's not town? Okay got it.
Aug 16, 2014 7:52 PM

Mar 2009
Good night Fo-Fai

Aug 16, 2014 7:52 PM

Apr 2014
Fo-Fai said:
So your point is randomly lynching gives us pretty decent odds to hit someone who's not town? Okay got it.

Only way I can think. The mind games are real in this, so picking randomly and standing by that is probably the best option.
Goodnight btw.
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 7:59 PM

Apr 2014
byebye!
Aug 16, 2014 8:45 PM

Apr 2014
Boy, you guys sure bandwagon fast!
To everyone who has a vote on Fo-Fai: Directly reply to this post with why you voted him 1 last time. thanks
See ya tomorrow morning
"Good-o morning-u ebberi-wan, haba nice day!" - Kud
Aug 16, 2014 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm... I woke up too early and might go back to sleeping , read the whole thread , LOL xD Fo fai still an attacker as always , I don't want to vote against him until he wakes up and defend himself probably xD.

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Aug 16, 2014 9:29 PM

Mar 2009
I see only 2 people have voted for Fo-Fai in the poll while there's 3 people voting in the thread.

Current Vote Count:
Fo_Fai - 2
Ariazero-,sluttyxpew,moenyan --> one fo you hasn't voted in the poll and thus, the vote is unconfirmed and will not count.

grave_robber said:
Please use the day 1 poll to lock your vote. As stated in the rules, for a vote to count, it has be cast in the poll and posted here.
grave_robberAug 16, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 16, 2014 9:43 PM

Aug 2013
back from my semi-nap

Haine15 said:
Hmm... I woke up too early and might go back to sleeping , read the whole thread , LOL xD Fo fai still an attacker as always , I don't want to vote against him until he wakes up and defend himself probably xD.
Defend against what? I'm not sure claiming is such a good idea this early.

Like NOBODY who voted me gave any reason whatsoever. I'm ready to claim closer to deadline, tho.

Gosh why does the thread go ded whenever I leave. >.<
Aug 16, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
I believe mayor deserves a proper response.
Wh1t3 said:

Unless someone abruptly says and shows that they are part of the mafia then it's obvious to do that.
Nobody is going to do that, mate. That's why we read the thread. We try our best to figure out who's stabbing us in the back. We get READS. Educated guesses on what alignment you believe someone to be. Of course there's never gonna be a FOR SURE lynch candidate. The game wouldn't be any fun otherwise. :D That's what makes it exciting, ya know? That DOES NOT mean however that just throwing a bunch of votes on someone and calling it quits early in the phase is a good idea because then the discussion dies and then we get zippity doodah info for the next day and we do this random shenanigans all over again. We need to go into the next phase with something to go off of. For example if someone is lynched and they flip(are revealed) as town don't you think the likelihood of at least one of those people would turn out to be mafia? After all the minority that is in the know of each other will do their best to do away with the townies as cleanly and efficiently as possible. In the form of sheep votes(voting on someone who has votes with no reason) not being cooperative, etc etc. There are things to go off of. It's just a matter of not being lazy.

Wh1t3 said:
As I said previously just because someone says to be in the mafia doesn't mean they are.
Nobody in the right mind would claim to be mafia.

Wh1t3 said:

This game is all about mind games and if you think about it for too much you wouldn't know who to vote for in the end and will be a guess anyways.
Don't try and tell me what mind games are mayor-chan. I wrote the book. The best way to minimize the mind games would be to have people vote with reason, that way we can look back and analyze that reasoning depending on which alignment they ended up being. Or for the sake of discussion. Just voting for no reason and bandwagoning isn't a discussion and gets us nowhere closer to finding mafia. It's borderline spam. Downright rude IMO.
FoAug 16, 2014 9:58 PM
Aug 16, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2012
PTYamin said:
Boy, you guys sure bandwagon fast!
To everyone who has a vote on Fo-Fai: Directly reply to this post with why you voted him 1 last time. thanks
See ya tomorrow morning

Bandwagon happens a lot on the first day, it's quite common. I don't think we can draw any suspects from a bandwagon, but like I've always said before, we should avoid lynching on the first day if possible.

Wh1t3 said:
As I said previously just because someone says to be in the mafia doesn't mean they are.
Nobody in the right mind would claim to be mafia.

Fo-Fai, if we have a Jester on our hands, it's possible he'd claim to be a mafia member.

And

PTYamin said:
If we lynch someone completely randomly then there's a 40% it'll be mafia/3rd party. I say its worth it.

May I ask you where you got that number from?
BombolzAug 16, 2014 10:28 PM
Aug 16, 2014 10:23 PM

Aug 2013
Oh didn't realize you were in this game, bomb.

I disagree. Bandwagons give information. Not necessarily 'suspects' not entirely sure what you mean by that. hehe

You need to closely examine specific parts of the wagon. For a town flip this is a good rule of thumb.

Start of the wagon (first or second votes) are the fire starters. They are hard to get a read on depending on if the wagon was started in good faith or not. If some reasoning was given then most of the time these spots are pretty clean. If not, then it looks pretty skeptical and could go either way.

Middle of the wagon or the meat as I like to call it can be a dead give away. It's the turning point in the wagon and most mafia players know once a wagon reaches this point it's kinda hard to go back. Therefore voting in the spot is a pretty for sure sign of some shenanigans, especially with no reason given for the votes.

End of the wagon is usually 50/50.

For a mafia flip just reverse the above. It's not like were working with a hardcore crowd so busses and anti-wagons and other such reverse psychology tactics shouldn't be a fear to us, realistically.
Aug 16, 2014 10:27 PM

Apr 2014
@Fo-Fai, Yep, I'll agree with you on that regarding your reply towards me.
Nyaaaria- said:

Aug 16, 2014 10:30 PM

Aug 2012
That's a big assumption to make, especially now mafia can act in accordance to that, furthermore, "firestarters" are the hardest to read: True, in that sense wouldn't the mafia start to act more like this?
Aug 16, 2014 10:32 PM

Aug 2013
Bombolz said:
That's a big assumption to make, especially now mafia can act in accordance to that, furthermore, "firestarters" are the hardest to read: True, in that sense wouldn't the mafia start to act more like this?
Well mafia can do what they will. That's just my honest to god opinion on wagons for THIS game. Given the crowd and such.

Act more like what?
Aug 16, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2012
Sorry, mb, should have been more clear, I meant they will become firestarters (probably). Anyway, at this point in the game, should we consider the people who haven't posted as lurkers or inactives?
Aug 16, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2013
This IS an open setup in case you all didn't know, I just realized it myself. So I suppose claiming now wouldn't hurt because based on the setup;

- said:

Townies
Roleblocker
Mayor
Guard
Cop
Doctor
Informant
Ghost
Vigilante
townie
townie
townie
townie
Third Party
SK
Admirer 1
Admirer 2
Mafia
goon
goon
goon
roleblocker
elder

I'm the ghost. It's not a standard role. Grave took it from the werewolf game I hosted and it has two very useful powers if I die. Which given the number of NK roles in this game is more than likely to happen at some point.

I realize claiming early unprovoked is usually bad but my role isn't really SUPER VITAL and I might be able to absorb some targets tonight and still prove useful.
Aug 16, 2014 10:48 PM

Aug 2013
Bombolz said:
Sorry, mb, should have been more clear, I meant they will become firestarters (probably). Anyway, at this point in the game, should we consider the people who haven't posted as lurkers or inactives?
If you mean the people who haven't posted they would pretty much be inactives, yea. Not to strongly considering lynching one of them yet but they may prove to be a rock in our shoe down the road. I'm also not entirely sure of graves policy on killing inactives and/or replacing people. So we should ask her before deciding anything like that.
Aug 16, 2014 10:52 PM

Aug 2012
Ok, well, that's an interesting role, and so is admirer. In my perspective it seems that townies have an advantage, but that's my opinion. If we don't mess it up then we should be OKAY (hopefully).
Aug 16, 2014 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
Yea it does look really one sided. Not even entirely sure what admirer does. *goes to look it up*

I also claimed in fear of reveal the mayor's guard accidentally, which could have really screwed us over. So mayor-chan if you're online.

Out of sluttyxpew, Ariax and yamin who would you have me investigate?
Aug 16, 2014 10:59 PM

Aug 2012
Also I'm going to pull these numbers up:

If we lynch: 40% possibility of being town
If we do not lynch anyone:
- Mafia has 80% to kill town, 20% to kill neutral
- SK has 63% to kill town, 26% to kill mafia and 11% to kill neutral

After we lynch, let's go with the assumption that a town got lynched:
- Mafia has a 79% to kill town, 21% to kill neutral
- SK has 61% to kill town, 28% to kill mafia and 11% to kill neutral

Under these numbers, I conclude that whether we lynch or not, the possibility of a town member being killed is still almost the same, therefore I change my stance on this and think we should lynch someone.
Aug 16, 2014 11:02 PM

Mar 2009
Fo-Fai said:
This IS an open setup in case you all didn't know, I just realized it myself. So I suppose claiming now wouldn't hurt because based on the setup;

That is true, all roles & their skills are known. They are all mentioned here.

Aug 16, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2013
Bombolz said:

Under these numbers, I conclude that whether we lynch or not, the possibility of a town member being killed is still almost the same, therefore I change my stance on this and think we should lynch someone.
If we lynch it's actually a 60% chance to lynch town. That's taking a shot in the dark though which I don't advocate whatsoever. We should try and lynch mafia. lol

Easier said then done, though, obv. Which is why we should start on who is looking mafiaish.
Aug 16, 2014 11:06 PM

Mar 2009
Fo-Fai said:
Yea it does look really one sided. Not even entirely sure what admirer does. *goes to look it up*

You're in for surprise there. This is definitely not one sided *evil grin*

Aug 16, 2014 11:07 PM

Aug 2013
lol

grave are you evil enough to kill the inactive people or will you spare their lives?
Aug 16, 2014 11:07 PM

Aug 2012
I wonder what grave means by that O.o
Aug 16, 2014 11:10 PM

Mar 2009
Fo-Fai said:
lol
grave are you evil enough to kill the inactive people or will you spare their lives?

Karote & I are merciful hosts, we'll wait 48 hours to consider someone inactive, they will be replaced unless we find it better to kill them.

Aug 16, 2014 11:13 PM

Aug 2013
grave_robber said:
Fo-Fai said:
lol

Karote & I are merciful hosts, we'll wait 48 hours to consider someone inactive, they will be replaced unless we find it better to kill them.
ooo how interesting

hurry up and post guys

or don't we get replacements lol win
Aug 17, 2014 12:35 AM

Mar 2009
I think we scared them off. =/
I'm off to bed, karote's online.

Aug 17, 2014 12:47 AM

Dec 2012
grave_robber said:
I think we scared them off. =/
I'm off to bed, karote's online.

Good work there & Good night.
I just woke up so good morning xD
Aug 17, 2014 3:02 AM

Jan 2014
Bombolz said:

Nice %. But you forgot vigilante from the list. Since he can kill too.
Aug 17, 2014 3:46 AM

May 2012
just woke up... hye...
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Aug 17, 2014 4:11 AM
Feb 2013
Just read entire thread..
Aug 17, 2014 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
Hai everyone xD ,I was out all day
I'm suspecting : [Ariazero-,sluttyxpew,moenyan] since they all voted fo fai and I don't see a good reason to that ,moenyan ...when I'm reading his posts I'm suspecting him not to be a townie , since We need to kind of revive the decision ...
Vote Lynch : Moenyan

And his posts were really random XD

Aug 17, 2014 4:13 AM

Apr 2014
what the hell have I woke up to really I don't normally agree with fo-fai but for once I have to if u all think this is just a guessing game that is a fast track to loseing because the percentage game may work well in theroy but the best mafia players know how to change the percentage into thier .

That is why I work off evidence and never guess apart from if it is needed with mafia sk, and potential town killing roles the town will die fast if they act blindly that is also why I normally refuse to follow the mayor until I know the mayor's judgement is good enough to be followed I am not one to be led to my death.
Aug 17, 2014 4:15 AM

Apr 2014
I am willing to believe fo-fai is the ghost because that is not a role u claim if u are mafia and want to stay alive because the ghost is more useful dead so I would rather keep him alive for his overall exp at the moment rather than kill him for his 1 off skill use but that is just my view.
Aug 17, 2014 4:18 AM

Aug 2013
Can you believe jack I forgot you're not a Co-host here xD

Aug 17, 2014 4:21 AM

Apr 2014
I have been co-host in the last 4 games so I can not blame u lol.
Aug 17, 2014 4:26 AM

Apr 2014
Jackrito said:
I am willing to believe fo-fai is the ghost because that is not a role u claim if u are mafia and want to stay alive because the ghost is more useful dead

Thats what you call a WIFOM

Lynch: Fo-Fai
because this is the most informative lynch.
"Good-o morning-u ebberi-wan, haba nice day!" - Kud
Aug 17, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2012
grave_robber said:
Please use the day 1 poll to lock your vote, as stated in the rules, for a vote to count, it has be cast in the poll and posted here.

Current Vote Count:
Fo_Fai - 4 (SluttyxPew , Moenyan , AriaZero , Haine15)
allenMonfort - 1 (Wh1t3)

sachawonAug 17, 2014 6:04 AM
Aug 17, 2014 4:45 AM

Aug 2013
UnVote : Moenyan
Forgot to vote in the poll >.> + I agree with jack , if he was a ghost he would be better dead.
Vote Lynch : Fo fai
[I voted in the poll now]

Aug 17, 2014 4:57 AM
Feb 2013
Haine15 said:
...I agree with jack , if he was a ghost he would be better dead.

Jackrito said:
I am willing to believe fo-fai is the ghost because that is not a role u claim if u are mafia and want to stay alive because the ghost is more useful dead so I would rather keep him alive for his overall exp at the moment rather than kill him for his 1 off skill use but that is just my view.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.