Jul 2007
Enjoy the actual ones:

Aneurysms, aneurysms, everywhere.
Oct 5, 2014 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
Enjoy the actual ones:

Human porcupine is kind of funny though. Other than that, cringe...
Oct 5, 2014 2:48 AM

Feb 2010
I know that people would collectively summon unlimited bait works.

Its so funny that i don't even have the urge to reply.

also there are the bloggers too.
Oct 5, 2014 3:18 AM

Jul 2007
ZangetsuPriest said:

Did not get to bloggers yet. Going through the usual places of aneurysm inducing stupidity first as bloggers ~70% of the time are more informed and less braindead.

The "Archer Class is made up of Archers" is becoming new die when killed with people bashing Rin for "being a braindead protagonist"
AhenshihaelOct 5, 2014 3:21 AM
Oct 5, 2014 3:26 AM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
ZangetsuPriest said:

Did not get to bloggers yet. Going through the usual places of aneurysm inducing stupidity first as bloggers ~70% of the time are more informed and less braindead.
First sadist, now masochist?

CookingPriest said:
The "Archer Class is made up of Archers" is becoming new die when killed with people bashing Rin for "being a braindead protagonist"
Please no. Screw Rin, Taiga ftw
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 5, 2014 3:30 AM

Jan 2011
And now im waiting for HF route too.

well, at least i get to see someone use UBW
Oct 5, 2014 3:31 AM

Jan 2011
And now im waiting for HF route too.

well, at least i get to see some gar action of someone using UBW
Oct 5, 2014 3:34 AM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:
Enjoy the actual ones:

That one about Waver and Rider is disturbing
Oct 5, 2014 3:44 AM

Aug 2014
No surprise, saw it coming when the subs went wrong.
Oct 5, 2014 3:45 AM

Sep 2013
Please. Every forum has its posts that make you mad, that of course includes neogaf (worse, their own mods are talking crap and bait other users).

Here's a cool review. Enjoy. Your suffering delights me. Humans are the pinnacle of art.

As for that Rin line... can't be helped if the translator can't translate.
Oct 5, 2014 4:07 AM

Sep 2014
Hey Fai, next time, can you add the source link, so I can follow the further train of cringes?

And as for that review, the reviewer is biased against TM in general, but I don't really see any significant problem with it
OSFrogOct 5, 2014 4:10 AM
Oct 5, 2014 4:17 AM

Oct 2013
CorePriest said:
Here's a cool review. Enjoy. Your suffering delights me. Humans are the pinnacle of art.

Yeah it really must have delighted you.
Oct 5, 2014 4:27 AM

Sep 2013
Not_A_Priest said:
Hey Fai, next time, can you add the source link, so I can follow the further train of cringes?

And as for that review, the reviewer is biased against TM in general, but I don't really see any significant problem with it

It's more questionable why he reviews a work of a company, whose style he detests. He doesn't like the talking, and this is understandable, but if he already knows about KnK and FZ and didn't like them, he shouldn't have watched FSN from the start.

Btw, there is a certain woman on twitter, who is in general a good reviewer I guess, but when it's about TM, this person starts getting mad. Correcting her only makes her answer with something like "lol u mad" and I would post her ID, if it wasn't pointless to talk to her.
Oct 5, 2014 4:31 AM

Oct 2013
CorePriest said:
Not_A_Priest said:

It's more questionable why he reviews a work of a company, whose style he detests. He doesn't like the talking, and this is understandable, but if he already knows about KnK and FZ and didn't like them, he shouldn't have watched FSN from the start.

Btw, there is a certain woman on twitter, who is in general a good reviewer I guess, but when it's about TM, this person starts getting mad. Correcting her only makes her answer with something like "lol u mad" and I would post her ID, if it wasn't pointless to talk to her.

He wouldn't look like an internet critic that way now would he?
Oct 5, 2014 4:37 AM

Mar 2014
Got to hand it to Lancer.

"Archer, do your best"
"...Hmm...You must be the of the Archer class"

Not shit Sherlock. Well, anyways, happy to see a Fate anime that will cleanse the filth of what the previous was...
Oct 5, 2014 4:40 AM

Sep 2013
Moroplovac said:

"Archer, do your best"

Not shit Sherlock. Well, anyways, happy to see a Fate anime that will cleanse the filth of what the previous was...

Actually, I found that strange too because Lancer wasn't in range when Rin addressed Archer by his class name in the VN afair. In the VN the conversation on the school yard started with something like

Rin: "Servant... Lancer."
Lancer: "Correct. And your Servant must be Saber... (takes a closer look) or maybe not. Who the hell are you?"
Oct 5, 2014 4:41 AM
Jul 2014
Moroplovac said:

"Archer, do your best"

And when they were on the rooftop.

Rin: "You can see Archer?", I think it was.
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 5, 2014 4:45 AM

Mar 2013
Moroplovac said:

"Archer, do your best"

Hah, this is the first time I see someone posting about it. Thought I was the only one who took note of it. A bit weird, but I guess he wanted to determine for himself what class his opponent belonged to and not only listen to the girl. Maybe. Well whatever.
Oct 5, 2014 4:45 AM

Mar 2014
CorePriest said:
Moroplovac said:

*mycomment*

Actually, I found that strange too because Lancer wasn't in range when Rin addressed Archer by his class name in the VN afair. In the VN the conversation on the school yard started with something like

Rin: "Servant... Lancer."
Lancer: "Correct. And your Servant must be Saber... (takes a closer look) or maybe not. Who the hell are you?"

Thing is, Lancer has excellent hearing. Can't wait for the scene in the forest. (you know what scene I'm talking about)

Anyways, the prologue is the same as I remember it from the VN. Great for anyone skipping F/Z or coming to F/SN-UBW after some period of time after F/Z. Fingers crossed for some epic GAR moments and good fights. :)
Oct 6, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2007
Got around to going through some bloggers, as well as neogaf gems. More gems:
-------------------------------------
"Now, I wasn’t going to bother watching this, but I got bullied into it by several people on Twitter. So here I am, watching an hour long… prologue episode… what? You really needed an hour long PROLOGUE episode? The answer is no; they really didn’t. I’d say there’s about 15-20 minutes worth of actual relevant content in this, and that includes the fight scene, which is admittedly well-animated and rather cool. The other 30 is minutes are packed with a bunch of nonsensical magic jargon that’s right out of a videogame and really poorly presented exposition. This show is boring"
"At some point they will have to make the janitor of the school a meaningful character just so that they get a new angle for these reboots, I assume. It’s ridiculous! There’s already a movie out there giving a nice summary of what happens in the Unlimited Bladeworks storyline but no, now there’s an entire series as well to detail the events of it.
In a lot of ways this series has nothing new to offer therefore. This series solely relies on the big fan-community that the Fate-universe has. There’s no logical reason why this series should even exist. It has nothing to offer to anyone but the biggest fans of the franchise at this point.

The one thing this prologue does right is to change its perspective this time around. And I really hope this stays that way. I really have no patience to watch Emiya’s plotline AGAIN.
Overall, though, focusing on Rin is still the lesser evil compared to telling the story from Emiya’s perspective again.
Naturally one thing you quickly notice in this prologue is that Rin’s basically is nothing more but a tsundere-character copy-paste with a daddy-complex. This series really should be used as an opportunity to develop her character more because she needs it.
"
"The whole Fate series is like the Michael Bay production of anime. Pretty, action-packed,
beautiful and you can pretty much cut and paste the story.
"
"I gotta admit, everytime Sakura was on screen I couldn't help but think "I really wish I was watching Heaven's Feel right now." Ugh. Dropped
"I'm apparently one of the few who think the Studio DEEN animes were just fine. Fate/Zero
was good over all, but they dropped the ball at the end game. I'm glad this will be an original route instead of a re-do of the Fate route, since that would be completely unecessary. "
"
------------------------------------
"Wait there's another one? A rework? Is it dubbed? Second season to Zero? Lancer looks different. Who is the girl?

------------------------------------
" I feel like ufotable have tried to create a slightly more serious atmosphere than the original content. By removing the previous protagonist and having Rin as protagonist they most likely plan to remove most of harem tropes. Its reassuring that they are modifying this to be as close as possible to Zero's dark tone. "

"I hope they do not spend many times on Shiroi and instead give perspectives to all other masters like Zero."

-----------------------------------
" My main issue with F/SN is that its Holy Grail War is rather lacking in my opinion. F/Z has a bigger setup, more evenly matched characters with various plans and goals. In comparison in F/SN everything is smaller and half of people involved are in it by accident - its literally bunch of kids, an idiot shonen hero and girls getting flustered over him. No one has any goals. It lacks more of a realistic feeling and is more of traditional anime and that's what I would change here. "
---------------------------------
"The lack of info-dumps was something that I was happy for. What made the first episode of Fate/Zero so intolerable to me was the constant info-dumping that was being done. Yes, I get it, Masters, and Servants, and Prana, oh my! There's a limit to pointless exposition I can take from talking sock-puppets as a filler. Its magic, not some science. It does not need to be explained. Talking about sock-pupets it seems that ginger idiot was not removed. Oh well, can't have everything.
"
--------------------------------
"I don't think it will be dialed back really. Emiya will get more focus possibly a full episode like this telling his side during what Rin was doing. But i suspect this one will heavily focus on Rin as Bladeworks is primarily about her with him as side role"
-------------------------------
" Somehow this feels more "anime" than Fate Zero. I think it's because is the same idea, but executed in a high school setting! I suppose most of the Masters will happen to be high school students, as unbelievable as it sounds, even she said she was the only one.
-------------------------------
Next week episode reactions will be intriguing....
Oct 6, 2014 2:56 AM

Sep 2013
Please stop, Fai. There is a time when you get tired of reading this. I don't care what other people are spouting. I like FSN and I will enjoy this anime. Getting too worked up because of ignorance on the internet is a waste of time and I always wonder why I even bother reading this crap you always repost... :S
Oct 6, 2014 3:03 AM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
Please stop, Fai. There is a time when you get tired of reading this. I don't care what other people are spouting. I like FSN and I will enjoy this anime. Getting too worked up because of ignorance on the internet is a waste of time and I always wonder why I even bother reading this crap you always repost... :S

I know that feeling You read it because every human being is inherently sensitive to suffering. Suffering is true yuetsu. And in a way you know that if you read if here, you will be shielded from it affecting you when that bullshit floods the boards all around. Not to mention that some of that is downright hilarious. I doubt I will continue searching for that stuff actively though since bullshit in episode threads here in MAL is well enough for my sanity, but it is still hilarious for now, as I can't wait to see how secondaries will react to next episode not being about Rin.
Oct 6, 2014 3:57 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
CorePriest said:

I know that feeling You read it because every human being is inherently sensitive to suffering. Suffering is true yuetsu. And in a way you know that if you read if here, you will be shielded from it affecting you when that bullshit floods the boards all around. Not to mention that some of that is downright hilarious. I doubt I will continue searching for that stuff actively though since bullshit in episode threads here in MAL is well enough for my sanity, but it is still hilarious for now, as I can't wait to see how secondaries will react to next episode not being about Rin.
Please stop :'(
Oct 6, 2014 3:58 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

I bet you can't wait for next week's episode thread~

"Durrr hurrr, dropping this, ginger something something, people die when killed, something something IskandarsomethingsomethingFateZerobetter"
Oct 6, 2014 4:01 AM

Aug 2014
Wtf am I reading?
Oct 6, 2014 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

"Durrr hurrr, dropping this, ginger something something, people die when killed, something something IskandarsomethingsomethingFateZerobetter"
We already got these comments in episode 0 thread..
Oct 6, 2014 4:52 AM

Feb 2010
CookingPriest said:
Got around to going through some bloggers, as well as neogaf gems. More gems: [...]

Holy shit

Oct 6, 2014 4:55 AM

Nov 2013
ZangetsuPriest said:

this gave me cancer
Not surprised.
I mean, it's obvious most of them are troll comments because of how precise they are in hitting fanboy nerves.
Oct 6, 2014 4:56 AM

Jul 2010
CookingPriest said:

I can totally see that happening. If they drop the series it will atleast save us a few dumb comments in the future, but I keep losing brain cells reading these.
Oct 6, 2014 5:01 AM

Feb 2010
BotatoPriest said:
ZangetsuPriest said:

this gave me cancer
Not surprised.
I mean, it's obvious most of them are troll comments because of how precise they are in hitting fanboy nerves.

I have a concern with other people that is easily manipulable by those types of comments in anime foruns/blogs

But i think they will clash with the fanbase sometime.
JaogetsuOct 6, 2014 5:10 AM
Oct 6, 2014 5:14 AM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
ZangetsuPriest said:

this gave me cancer
Not surprised.

Going by users, only few of them are.
Majority of them genuinely believe that :[
Oct 6, 2014 7:40 AM

Nov 2010
CookingPriest said:
Got around to going through some bloggers, as well as neogaf gems. More gems:

I believe this would be proper response to those "gems":
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Oct 6, 2014 9:33 AM

Jul 2007
Annd I already see people refering to IDeal White as "song about Saber's life" -______- *facepalm*
Oct 6, 2014 9:34 AM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
Annd I already see people refering to IDeal White as "song about Saber's life" -______- *facepalm*
Wait what?
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 6, 2014 10:09 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

What do the lyrics mean?
Oct 6, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:
CookingPriest said:

What do the lyrics mean?

But since it has "Ideal" in title IT HAS To be about Saber since she is the one with ideals -___-....

[s]when the song is clearly about Shirou, just like about every single OP song in nasuverse focuses on the lead[/spoiler] (Ex: Starlog being about
)

The lyrics even reference:
AhenshihaelOct 6, 2014 10:21 AM
Oct 6, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
Ok, so people are really stupid or they just pretend to be stupid?

Reading those "gems" makes me have a headache...
Oct 6, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Ok, so people are really stupid or they just pretend to be stupid?

Reading those "gems" makes me have a headache...
Some don't know past DEEN's non-canon anime.

Some are trolls that know exactly what pisses a fanboy off.

And a few others are.. I don't know.
Oct 6, 2014 1:56 PM
Jul 2014
I can only hope ufotable makes ubw just as dark as fate/zero. I read some news a while ago that said they would make their adaption darker, but i don't know if they meant heavens feel the movie or ubw.

heavens feel would've matched perfectly as a follow up for fate/zero.

number35Oct 6, 2014 2:01 PM
Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
Gore+serial killers=/=darker
UBW is dark even without Zouken.
Oct 6, 2014 2:06 PM

Mar 2011
UBW is already "dark" enough. Forcing grimderpness into a story just for the sake of it is bad writing.
Raziel1991Oct 6, 2014 2:10 PM
Oct 6, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
Every route is dark.

Even Fate is dark as fuck, even if it has relatively least of "gory" stuff.

Fate route would work REALLY well as psychological anime.
Oct 6, 2014 2:10 PM
Sep 2012
The bingo sheet is a worldwide hit and it looks like some of us have been screencapped, heh: https://bbs.sumisora.org/read.php?tid=11064270

Oct 6, 2014 2:12 PM
Jul 2014
Can someone please explain what you mean by "dark"....
The term seems too vague to be used to describe a series.
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 6, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
CookingPriest said:
Fate route would work REALLY well as psychological anime.

Maybe there's some merit to adapt it after all, in movie format sometime in 2016 or something.

It's nice to see the bingo sheet do so well :D
Oct 6, 2014 2:18 PM

Nov 2013
JunePriest said:
The bingo sheet is a worldwide hit and it looks like some of us have been screencapped, heh: https://bbs.sumisora.org/read.php?tid=11064270

Can someone translate please?

I have the feeling people are going to seriously misunderstand my sarcasm...
Oct 6, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
BotatoPriest said:
I have the feeling people are going to seriously misunderstand my sarcasm...

You sure come across as an ignorant secondary if they don't pick up on the sarcasm lol.
Oct 6, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2009
JunePriest said:

I am not there...;_;
Oct 6, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2007
JunePriest said:

Buckle up, priests,

Yuetsu going international
Pages (53) « First ... « 38 39 [40] 41 42 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.