Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2009 5:17 AM

Feb 2009
full article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-10-09/producer/no-square-enix-anime-lost-money-in-8-years

.......... noted that Square Enix specializes in targeted genres, such as moe, fujoshi (otaku of boys-love stories), surreal gag, and traditional shōnen manga. He cited Saki and Bamboo Blade as examples of moe titles aimed at males 30 to 40 years old. Fullmetal Alchemist is an example of traditional shōnen manga, which is the biggest of the genres.

While he noted that Square Enix is planning a second season of the fujoshi anime Kuroshitsuji, he added that fujoshi is a difficult genre..........
Oct 24, 2009 8:53 PM

Feb 2009
katzenjammer said:
full article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-10-09/producer/no-square-enix-anime-lost-money-in-8-years

.......... noted that Square Enix specializes in targeted genres, such as moe, fujoshi (otaku of boys-love stories), surreal gag, and traditional shōnen manga. He cited Saki and Bamboo Blade as examples of moe titles aimed at males 30 to 40 years old. Fullmetal Alchemist is an example of traditional shōnen manga, which is the biggest of the genres.

While he noted that Square Enix is planning a second season of the fujoshi anime Kuroshitsuji, he added that fujoshi is a difficult genre..........

...O.O...what?...WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?...what is fujoshi?....sorry that i am ignorant of it's meaning...:)

Oct 31, 2009 12:47 AM
Feb 2009
spazticfool7915 said:

...O.O...what?...WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?...what is fujoshi?....sorry that i am ignorant of it's meaning...:)

Fujoshi is a pejorative term for girls who are fans of yaoi. Fujoshi is more towards how some yaoi fangirls imagine what it would be like if male characters (heterosexual males) from manga and anime, and occasionally real-life male performers as well, would somehow fall in love with each other.

~~~~

I don't think Kuroshitsuji is a fujoshi but it can easily be misinterpreted as one.
Nov 7, 2009 9:19 AM

Jul 2009
Oh wow, so it's pretty much official ^__^ but non-bl fans should be able to watch it since the hints are subtle ( at least in the first season) Can't wait for this to air!
Nov 8, 2009 1:03 PM

Nov 2009
Elika said:
I don't think Kuroshitsuji is a fujoshi but it can easily be misinterpreted as one.

It's slashable at the least. Very intentionally so, considering Toboso Yana's manga history. :3
Nov 9, 2009 4:37 AM
Aug 2008
kettlesoup said:
Elika said:

It's slashable at the least. Very intentionally so, considering Toboso Yana's manga history. :3

Read the article- if the producer of Kuroshitsuji is calling it a fujoshi series-that is pretty much official.

However I don't know if he is calling it a bl or describing an emerging genre. if you think about the other square-enix series coming out lately you'll get what I mean.
Nov 15, 2009 8:29 AM

Feb 2009
Elika said:

Fujoshi is a pejorative term for girls who are fans of yaoi. Fujoshi is more towards how some yaoi fangirls imagine what it would be like if male characters (heterosexual males) from manga and anime, and occasionally real-life male performers as well, would somehow fall in love with each other.

~~~~

THANK YOU!!!...and i don't think that it is one either...and i agree that it can be misinterpreted as one...:)

Dec 15, 2009 8:12 PM

Aug 2009
I've read that fujoshi can be translated as for rotten or spoiled women. And yeah I can see it...
but my husband who is a huge kuroshitsuji fan doesn't; so, eye of the beholder I guess?
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Dec 8, 2021 5:43 PM
Dec 2017
All the better i say for the series to keep on going.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veain - Sep 16, 2010

850 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 25, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Sep 2, 2010

364 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 25, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Aug 19, 2010

1505 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 24, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Aug 5, 2010

208 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Jul 22, 2010

200 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 23, 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.