Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2009 4:05 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another normal episode here, but as expected by some^^ Ally was alive afterall, didn't expect her to be saved without anyone knowing :) Not sure keeping her isolated is a good idea though but at least she decided to escape^^
ShanaFlameOct 10, 2009 4:43 PM
Oct 11, 2009 12:27 AM

Sep 2008
hehe ren was all emo, as expected
well now we now that ally is completly ok, banzai anime power not even a scratch
i was hopping for it but never would have expected that she would became a member of our guys in just 1 epi
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 11, 2009 12:37 AM
Mar 2008
Zero_r2 said:
hehe ren was all emo, as expected
well now we now that ally is completly ok, banzai anime power not even a scratch
i was hopping for it but never would have expected that she would became a member of our guys in just 1 epi

Same here,and by just judging by the preview for episode 15,looks like things will finnally take an interesting turn for next week's episode. I feel bad for Ally that she can't go back to the colony team because of that fact it would cause confusion for everyone else if they were to find out if she was still alive.what a tragic episode this was.
Oct 11, 2009 6:20 AM

Sep 2009
I really like the way they handled this episode -- everyone's reactions were very "them" (except maybe Homi...is he keeping it all inside himself to not be depressed around his friends?) and I'm glad they made a point of stressing Ally's parents since we already saw how proud they are. We also got little details like the fact that Rodney's dad (or some such relative) is the CEO of a big corporation, which might or might not become important later but hey, we know next to nothing about Rodney's life so I'll take what I can get. I really like how this show remembers it has a supporting cast and uses it, like the doctor and Lisa the mailroom worker. But I'm glad it wasn't just a whole episode of Ren being sad. I like how they showed he was definitely grieving, but coping however he could, and then moved the plot along elsewhere.

Ally joining the team has a bit of a problem, though: she can only be an element hunter for a little while longer. Isn't she almost too old to see Nega Earth any more? (Though I suppose once that happens she can help Dr. Carr and Juno with whatever Secret Plots they've been hatching behind the kids' backs. Dr. Carr didn't state WHICH of Ally's special abilities she'd need most, and Ally's an all-around competent person, it seems...)
Oct 12, 2009 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
People usually dislikes this series, but this episode had perfect plot developement and timing. Everything was just as long as needed!

The escape was nice, and I keep liking the whole pseudo-science that gets thrown in every time. I'm happy I picked up this show. :)
May 4, 2012 1:21 PM

May 2009
ALLY!!! ALLY'S STILL ALIVE! ALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY <3

"To lose someone forever...it hasn't happened to us yet..."

Come to think of it, the fact that they were using the same OP in episode 14 suggests from the beginning of the episode that Ally is still alive.

----

Did anyone get a glimpse of all those books on Ally's jail cell bookshelf? Seems like they're real books:
* Tess Gerritsen - Body Double
* Katie Flynn - The Cuckoo Child
* [unidentified]
* Elizabeth Waite - Life's for Living
* Hazel Holt - [No Cure?] for Death
* Stanley ??? (can anyone identify this by sight?)
* [four books behind the photograph]
* [book whose spine is mostly obscured by photograph]
* [???] Forbes - Blood [???] (I can't see this with the subs. Perhaps someone has a softsubbed or raw version?)
* Peter Robinson - Strange Affair
* John Connor - The Playroom (?)
* ??? (can someone recognize this by sight?)
* Mary Higgins Clark - Night Time Is My Time

...and are these even books that a 13-year-old would read?

----

"simultaneous access from over three million locations worldwide!"

Holy shit, a DDOS. That must seem old-timey by the standards of the 22nd century...

And that map suggests that the Chinese and a whole ton of U.S. Americans in the sparsely-populated mountain west are in on the action.

----

That episode preview was pretty hilarious. Dr. Carr breaking the fourth wall. Ren's like, "WTF?"

----

Another normal episode here

This was a normal episode? You kidding me?

Seems like it'll return to somewhat normalcy next time. Maybe they'll finally beat that flower QEX?
GlennMagusHarveyMay 4, 2012 1:57 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 39 Discussion

TechDragon - Mar 28, 2010

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
Dec 1, 2022 6:47 AM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 38 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Mar 27, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 1:07 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 37 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Mar 20, 2010

7 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 12:34 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 36 Discussion

DeathfireD - Mar 20, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 12:07 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 35 Discussion

Tetsuyan - Mar 14, 2010

9 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.