Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2009 5:41 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The first half certainly wasn't very interesting, it's not really a big issue seeing someone accessing the system from another area. The QEX is a pretty big one, I can't believe everyone actually plan to attack it with a sword which is for close range attack when the enemy has vines suitable for long range 0.0 But what about Ally? it seems that she's gone after that.
ShanaFlameOct 3, 2009 6:03 PM
Oct 4, 2009 1:04 AM

Sep 2008
well that was very shocking at first, but thanks to the magic of the previews we know she is alive(maybe in coma, but alive=) so mybe ren is going to become more serious about this, and start growing up
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 4, 2009 7:22 AM

Sep 2009
I'd like to hope she's alive, but just because they recovered her body doesn't mean she isn't dead. o.o; I hope she's not, though....but I do agree this should help Ren be more serious about this. Poor guy.

But what exactly did Dr. Carr do while alive that merited trying to kill off both her team and the girl researching her? (Granted, the woman suggesting it was more extreme than the other members of that group...) Either Dr. Carr herself or Juno mentioned at the start of the series that they were forming their own team because the colony wasn't trying to get to the root of the problem, yet we haven't really seen Ren & co. do anything but respond to QE alerts, so she and Juno are presumably handling the rest, especially since we catch them spying on the colony this episode. Looks like Dr. Carr had some allies too. Maybe we'll be meeting them.

Also, am I the only one impressed by how every adult at that table had a different character design and posture? And they were all fairly distinct, too. Which is more than can be said for many anime Long Tables of Doom, especially in children's TV.

EDIT: ....oh, wait, my bad. My video player cut out before the end so I didn't see Ally open her eyes. ^___^;;; Yay, she's alive! Though the NHK website claims that the world will be told she's dead....I wonder if her living will be a secret even from Rodney and Tom?
fetchieOct 4, 2009 7:34 AM
Oct 4, 2009 11:43 AM

Feb 2008
ah the usual evil organization using children as tools...meh meh....the ally incident was pretty much obvious as soon as they explained the Qex. well see what happens next
Oct 4, 2009 2:14 PM
Mar 2008
fetchie said:
I'd like to hope she's alive, but just because they recovered her body doesn't mean she isn't dead. o.o; I hope she's not, though....but I do agree this should help Ren be more serious about this. Poor guy.

But what exactly did Dr. Carr do while alive that merited trying to kill off both her team and the girl researching her? (Granted, the woman suggesting it was more extreme than the other members of that group...) Either Dr. Carr herself or Juno mentioned at the start of the series that they were forming their own team because the colony wasn't trying to get to the root of the problem, yet we haven't really seen Ren & co. do anything but respond to QE alerts, so she and Juno are presumably handling the rest, especially since we catch them spying on the colony this episode. Looks like Dr. Carr had some allies too. Maybe we'll be meeting them.

Also, am I the only one impressed by how every adult at that table had a different character design and posture? And they were all fairly distinct, too. Which is more than can be said for many anime Long Tables of Doom, especially in children's TV.

EDIT: ....oh, wait, my bad. My video player cut out before the end so I didn't see Ally open her eyes. ^___^;;; Yay, she's alive! Though the NHK website claims that the world will be told she's dead....I wonder if her living will be a secret even from Rodney and Tom?

Wait a Min,so Ally did survive afterall? I mean for a kids show,that epic was some what a bit graphic having team members getting devoured by a plant,I think this show will eventually take a darker tone in later episodes,so far i'm now impressed with this series.
Oct 4, 2009 5:30 PM

Sep 2009
Well, it cuts off in the version I downloaded, but then I watched the ep. 14 preview on NHK's website and it showed her opening her eyes at the very very end. I don't get how she could have survived after something that graphic, though, especially when someone else seemingly has died from the same treatment (and in Booster Wear, no less, so they can't use that as an excuse).

But for all we know that itself is a red herring, and just shows Ally waking up in a scene that happens in the past. No way to tell until next week.
Oct 4, 2009 7:58 PM

Jun 2007
The OP makes it seem like someone dies at some point lol. I was under the impression that it might be Ally which would then cause Ren to get serious.

Like every enemy, the space colony is probably doing this for profit or something. It appears their not effected by the missing elements so they have a lot to gain by waisting time on how to solve the problem for the earth. I bet the Mar base is actually going to be a colony for the space crew to continue living on in the future.
Oct 5, 2009 12:37 PM

Feb 2008
Very good ep, has been lookingforward to when this series would start getting serious.
For me I skipp the preview because I dont want to be spoiled however I am of the opinion that Ally probably dies.

I agree it was a bit obvious after the explained the QEX but it was really outside of the mold for how the series has been going thus far, very interesting.
Oct 21, 2009 1:02 PM

Feb 2009
To be honest, at first I was actually...completely shocked, even though I definitely should have seen that coming. But I was also really relieved when I learned that she was alive (usually I am really annoyed when characters turn out to be alive after it looks like they died). This show makes me behave strangely, but I love it. o__o
HSROSE. HOSRE. HORSE HORSE HORSE HORSE.
Oct 23, 2009 12:48 AM
Oct 2009
When I first saw this, I thought that Ally might actually have been killed.

Considering how the relationship between her and Ren made some significant development, this was really serious business.

I was really shook up by how dramatic the "death" scene turned out.

On the one hand I think it's semi-lame she's still alive after that, but on the other hand...the way this led to another plot twist ultimately makes me believe that this was very well done.
Jan 14, 2011 10:13 PM

Apr 2008
o-o ... will that really be the a real death !!

May 3, 2012 9:29 PM

May 2009
Holy shit...I did NOT expect this from the series...

on one side there's the empathetic me who doesn't want to see Ally die even though there's the media appreciator side of me who knows her dying makes for better drama...

My version didn't show Ally opening her eyes. I don't know where you get your stuff from but darn you for spoiling it for me if she's still alive... D:<

...I need to rewatch that again...
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 39 Discussion

TechDragon - Mar 28, 2010

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
Dec 1, 2022 6:47 AM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 38 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Mar 27, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 1:07 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 37 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Mar 20, 2010

7 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 12:34 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 36 Discussion

DeathfireD - Mar 20, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 12:07 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 35 Discussion

Tetsuyan - Mar 14, 2010

9 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.