Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 1, 2014 4:00 PM
Jun 2014
Had a funny thought of Shirou owning a motorcycle. Thought it'd go well with his new jacket. It would be interesting to see that in the anime. That'd be as awesome as when Saber her's in Zero.
hallowjoe2Jun 2, 2014 12:02 AM
Jun 1, 2014 4:14 PM

Jul 2013
What are you trying to imply by wanting him to be more "mature and kick-ass?"
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jun 1, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2013
.__.

Eh... Motorcycle =/= more mature, and he's already at a higher level of kickass that a motorcycle would make him look less cool.
Jun 1, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2013
Forgetfulness said:
>implying his decisions in the VN are not "mature"
>implying UBW and 9LBW are not "kickass"

uh, wot?

He's probably one of those filthy casuals who's only seen the Deen adaptation.
Jun 1, 2014 4:59 PM

Nov 2013
JabonHR said:
Forgetfulness said:

uh, wot?

Nah.
Just a troll; considering his join date and very first post...
Jun 1, 2014 5:06 PM

Aug 2009
JabonHR said:
Forgetfulness said:

uh, wot?

Would a casual know Raiga Fujimura?Dont remember if he was mentioned in the anime...

A motorcycle would be useless for when they have to run through the Einzbern forest...
Jun 1, 2014 5:10 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
JabonHR said:
Forgetfulness said:

uh, wot?

Would a casual know Raiga Fujimura?Dont remember if he was mentioned in the anime...

A motorcycle would be useless for when they have to run through the Einzbern forest...

He was mentioned once, and was shown for a second. But that's about it.
Jun 1, 2014 5:59 PM
Jun 2014
We'll just see what the creators have in store. It was just an interesting thought, but it would be reminiscent to Saber's in Zero, only the protagonist would take the wheel. Anyway, I'm sure the creators will make this as good as or even better than Zero.
Jun 1, 2014 8:21 PM

Apr 2012
hallowjoe2 said:
We'll just see what the creators have in store. It was just an interesting thought, but it would be reminiscent to Saber's in Zero, only the protagonist would take the wheel. Anyway, I'm sure the creators will make this as good as or even better than Zero.

What the fuck are you trying to say?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 1, 2014 8:43 PM
Nov 2013
why couldnt someone have quoted the op

brb slitting wrists for missing out on an epic post
Jun 2, 2014 12:45 AM

Jan 2009
i know for a fact that this topic will end elsewhere........................if fai appears..............XD...........................still dont like rin

Jun 2, 2014 1:05 AM

Aug 2009
hallowjoe2 said:
You want them to give him a motorcycle just for going to school and his part time job?
And anyway , Shirou driving it wouldnt help him much if hehad to run away from Servants and Saber using it like she did in FZ is out of the question since she can even use mana for herself.
Jun 2, 2014 3:51 AM

Jul 2007
Troll thread moving on
Jun 2, 2014 3:53 AM

Feb 2014
Just give the motorcycle to Rider.
Jun 2, 2014 3:58 AM

Jul 2007
HeisenDurden said:

Winged Horse Laser Bomb Thing > Motorcycle.
Jun 2, 2014 4:02 AM

Nov 2012
Shirou hasn't gotten a motorcyclelicense.
He'd get killed even more than usual.
Jun 2, 2014 4:16 AM

Aug 2009
HeisenDurden said:

She has Unit Pegasus. A lot better than a motorcycle.
Jun 3, 2014 12:01 AM
Jun 2014
I know it's highly unlikely, but it'd also be interesting if Shirou projected, not only blades, but guns as well. Almost like his dad.
Jun 3, 2014 12:04 AM
Jun 2014
RandomPerson4 said:
Shirou hasn't gotten a motorcyclelicense.
He'd get killed even more than usual.

I know you're joking, but he'd obviously have a license if he was driving one.
Jun 3, 2014 12:32 AM

Nov 2013
hallowjoe2 said:
I know it's highly unlikely, but it'd also be interesting if Shirou projected, not only blades, but guns as well. Almost like his dad.

Except his ability comes from his connection to swords. He has no connection to guns.

Oh and Kiritsugu never projected guns. Just in case.
Jun 3, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
hallowjoe2 said:

>>>/out/
Jun 4, 2014 6:58 AM

Nov 2013
Jody32 said:
I do have hope that the characters will improve from how Fate/Zero turned out, in respect to the disaster of an adaption that was the original Fate/Stay Night.

Oh yeah, a change of script writer would come in handy as well:

Shirou: "People die when they are killed" -- This is the most intelligent and insightful line ever to be put to anime celluloid, NOT.

This was a sub mistake wasn't it?
Either way I actually would like for it to stay, as a joke.
Jun 4, 2014 8:23 AM

Sep 2013
Yes, it was a sub mistake. "XYZ doesn't die even when he/she is killed" is a legit Japanese idiom and describes incredibly tough people in an exaggerating way. There is no real English equivalent and it really sounds silly out of context, but it was fact that Shirou didn't die even after receiving mortal wounds in FSN. Excluding the Dead Ends of course.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Mirror Moon translated it as "People die when they're killed", too. Then again, they were also very often too literal. But in context it makes sense.

I won't heal even if I get hurt.
But that's normal.
I've relied too much on this body of mine without even knowing it.
People die when they're killed.
I can't be protected from such a normal thing now.
CapsuleCoreJun 4, 2014 8:54 AM
Jun 4, 2014 9:32 AM

Nov 2013
Huh.. Nice to know.
But it still sounds strange to me.. I mean, if you don't die then you're not 'killed' you're just hurt badly..
Well whatever, not important..
Jun 4, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
Huh.. Nice to know.
But it still sounds strange to me.. I mean, if you don't die then you're not 'killed' you're just hurt badly..

Not really. Death and Being Killed in Budhism-influenced cultures is very different thing. See most of japanese horror stuff, that deals with person being killed and returning to take revenge, not dying till he/she achieves it.

Its a common element of mythological tales in the east that a person would defy death via will/honor/beliefs/etc to achieve his goal. Even most of anime has that element with so called "sacrificial battles"(where a character suffers mortal wound but keeps going till achieving whatever he set out to do in that scene and dying at that).

Not to mention that most of shonen genre RUNS on that logic.

People Die when They Are Killed is Shirou acknowledging the reality of the world and that he did not survive death simply because of some moral or idealistic superiority - he did it because of the haxx that was inside him and the normal way is that, no matter what you believe in or how much you try, when the killing blow is struck, you will be dead.
AhenshihaelJun 4, 2014 12:17 PM
Jun 4, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Botato said:
Huh.. Nice to know.

Not really. Death and Being Killed in Budhism-influenced cultures is very different thing. See most of japanese horror stuff, that deals with person being killed and returning to take revenge, not dying till he/she achieves it.

Makes sense.

Fai said:
Its a common element of mythological tales in the east that a person would defy death via will/honor/beliefs/etc to achieve his goal. Even most of anime has that element with so called "sacrificial battles"(where a character suffers mortal wound but keeps going till achieving whatever he set out to do in that scene and dying at that).

That's why it sounds strange to me, it's a mortal wound not getting killed.

Fai said:
People Die when They Are Killed is Shirou acknowledging the reality of the world and that he did not survive death simply because of some moral or idealistic superiority - he did it because of the haxx that was inside him and the normal way is that, no matter what you believe in or how much you try, when the killing blow is struck, you will be dead.

Yeah I understand this, but 'killing blow' wouldn't be called that if target doesn't die.

I understand what they mean by it, it just sounds strange to me that's all (probably because the whole idiom thing is new to me..)
Jun 4, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
Fai said:
Botato said:
Huh.. Nice to know.

Makes sense.

Fai said:

Fai said:

Yeah I understand this, but 'killing blow' wouldn't be called that if target doesn't die.

I understand what they mean by it, it just sounds strange to me that's all (probably because the whole idiom thing is new to me..)

A person still can die from the blow that killed them, but that does not mean its one and the same. A killing blow is a mortal wound. Death is spiritual.

According to it, You can be dealt a killing blow but still go on till you do something you set out to do and THEN die from it or just ignore it. In UBW,
Jun 4, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Botato said:
Fai said:
Botato said:
Huh.. Nice to know.

Makes sense.

Fai said:

Fai said:

A person still can die from the blow that killed them, but that does not mean its one and the same. A killing blow is a mortal wound. Death is spiritual.

According to it, You can be dealt a killing blow but still go on till you do something you set out to do and THEN die from it or just ignore it. In UBW,

This is getting a bit confusing x_x
What I am talking about is getting impaled and shot 10 times. Then getting either a regeneration power up or power of friendship heal etc.. and survive.
Jun 4, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2007
Botato said:
Fai said:
Botato said:
Fai said:
Botato said:
Huh.. Nice to know.

Makes sense.

Fai said:

Fai said:

This is getting a bit confusing x_x
What I am talking about is getting impaled and shot 10 times. Then getting either a regeneration power up or power of friendship heal etc.. and survive.

BOth are the same.

Your example is the same.

The phrase is negating all of that being possible.
Jun 4, 2014 7:20 PM
Jun 2014
Forgetfulness said:

uh, wot?

Haven't read the visual novel. Just saying that it would go nice with the new look ufotable illustrated.
Jun 4, 2014 7:28 PM

Jul 2013
hallowjoe2 said:
Haven't read the visual novel. Just saying that it would go nice with the new look ufotable illustrated.

Opinion discarded. Get out, you filthy secondary.

Wait, I forget, are you a secondary or a troll?
Jun 4, 2014 10:01 PM

Apr 2012
JabonHR said:
hallowjoe2 said:

Most likely the former.

A troll would have asked something like "I watched Carnival Phantasm first, should I watch Zero and F/SN for Arcueid?" for guaranteed replies.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jun 4, 2014 10:43 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
JabonHR said:
hallowjoe2 said:

Most likely the former.

A troll would have asked something like "I watched Carnival Phantasm first, should I watch Zero and F/SN for Arcueid?" for guaranteed replies.

I would be too busy looking for my brain if someone asked that.
Well new Arcueid is almost a new Saber clone...so...
Jun 5, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
-snip-

What I am saying is 'dying' should be part of 'getting killed' and if it wasn't then it doesn't count as 'killing.'
I have always used it like this and that's why it sounds strange to me. I'm not saying it's wrong, just strange to hear something I am not used to -_-"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.