Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
May 31, 2014 9:44 PM

Dec 2011
Since Gauna appeared in that manga as well. Also it mentioned of hundreds spore/seed vessel which Sidonia probably one of them.
Jun 1, 2014 12:17 AM

Jul 2007
wuhugm said:
Since Gauna appeared in that manga as well. Also it mentioned of hundreds spore/seed vessel which Sidonia probably one of them.

Nope. No connection apart from terminology. If anything, Sidonia takes place in possibly same universe as Suzumega.

Otherwise it has no connection to his other works
Jun 1, 2014 7:06 AM

Dec 2011
u sure? the world being already destroyed and they lived in which seemingly to be a fragment of earth, the same gauna which nearly indestructible and capable of mimicking things, weaponized human form gauna, spore vessels which specifically used to sending chosen people to space (in Abara only 4 vessels left).

There are also various technologies imported from Abara and other of his mangas, such as Immortalization through genetic engineering (digimetal) and Graviton Beam Emitter (blame).

I think all his works are set in the same universe though there are centuries gap in between.
Jun 1, 2014 12:39 PM

May 2014
The way I figure it is that Abara does take place in the same universe as Sidonia. The evidence is circumstancial however.

The way I see it, Abara takes place in another spore ship. There was an image of spore ships in Sidonia and all of them were drastically different in design. In Blame! Toha Heavy Industries had a facility that was bigger from inside than from the outside thanks to a machine called Gravity Furnace. In Abara they have Mauseleums which when destroyed to the last caused the destruction of the world. However as that happened we are shown that the world from the outside was an oddly shaped asteroid like object which could indeed have been a spore ship.

I figure that those Mauseleums were Gravity Furnace like devices that either enlargened the space within the ship or created an pocket dimension to keep people safe within.

That does not explain the gauna being drastically different in both form and growth ability. Abaras gauna could also only be killed in one way and that is it's brain being eaten by a balck gauna which were created by humans. Sidonia's gaunas true bodies are 5 meters in diameter and are several magnitudes bigger than Abara gaunas. So all in all it likely is different universe altogether but the circumstances are similar to Sidonias world. But I'm still convinced Abara and Sidonia take place within same universe and setting.

Another fun note is that Toha Heavy Industries in Blame! possessed the ability to transport entire structures and people between dimensions. I'm convinced that Toha Heavy Industries in all Nihei's stories is in fact one and the same company. An interdimensional company. Always trying to save humanity.
Jun 1, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2011
UnsightlyWalrus said:
The way I figure it is that Abara does take place in the same universe as Sidonia. The evidence is circumstancial however.

The way I see it, Abara takes place in another spore ship. There was an image of spore ships in Sidonia and all of them were drastically different in design. In Blame! Toha Heavy Industries had a facility that was bigger from inside than from the outside thanks to a machine called Gravity Furnace. In Abara they have Mauseleums which when destroyed to the last caused the destruction of the world. However as that happened we are shown that the world from the outside was an oddly shaped asteroid like object which could indeed have been a spore ship.

I figure that those Mauseleums were Gravity Furnace like devices that either enlargened the space within the ship or created an pocket dimension to keep people safe within.

That does not explain the gauna being drastically different in both form and growth ability. Abaras gauna could also only be killed in one way and that is it's brain being eaten by a balck gauna which were created by humans. Sidonia's gaunas true bodies are 5 meters in diameter and are several magnitudes bigger than Abara gaunas. So all in all it likely is different universe altogether but the circumstances are similar to Sidonias world. But I'm still convinced Abara and Sidonia take place within same universe and setting.

Another fun note is that Toha Heavy Industries in Blame! possessed the ability to transport entire structures and people between dimensions. I'm convinced that Toha Heavy Industries in all Nihei's stories is in fact one and the same company. An interdimensional company. Always trying to save humanity.

And by the end of Abara it was apparent that the Gauna is capable of growing into gigantic form that is even bigger than Mausoleum.

Abara's world, rather than a spore vessel, seemingly the last fragment of Earth, the world is destroyed when the remaining spore vessels being launched or destroyed because apparently a chunk of the mass also embedded to the spore vessels as a mineral storage (as seen in Sidonia).

Jun 3, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2007
Nope.

TOHA exists in Biomega too, as well as world destruction, yet it has no connection to neither BLAMEVERSE nor Sidonia nor Abara.

Abara and Sidonia exist in separate worlds.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

228 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 26, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.