Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2009 8:43 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The shells that Ren and his friends are using were unexpected, i thought they would have a better transport^^ As for the question Ren is asking Ally, that is just random^^ That QEX is actually one of the strong ones but i guess blowing it from the inside is always going to defeat it^^
Sep 26, 2009 9:18 PM

Sep 2008
mmm... this looks like ally is starting to fall for ren...
so if i convine B+Si+Ca i get a computered tank that launches thunderbolts XD
so the reason carl-hakase is a hologram is cause she´s dead, interesant, is she aolia (gundam 00) or what?
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 27, 2009 6:36 AM

Sep 2009
Hm, not sure she's falling for Ren, per se, but they were much more adorable together than I'd anticipated. ^___^ Glad to see Tom knows more authors than just Thoreau, too. XD

They haven't dropped this many hints about what's going on beyond the kids' activities since the start of the show. Looks like the writers are going to end the first 13 episodes with a big reveal and/or something bad happening to Ally...

I'm also really intrigued by the way the show goes out of its way to have each of its characters be a different nationality. Ally's Egyptian, Homi's Indian, Natasha was Russian, Chiara's dad (Robert?) was speaking Italian last episode....presumably Tom's American, as everything he's quoted thus far has been American...so what's Ren? Do we default to him being Japanese? XP

Also, does anyone remember how long the colony's been sending Element Hunters to Nega-Earth? I thought Ally & co. were the first team, but in this episode we had an adult talking about how she used to be a Hunter herself....

...oh, by the way, I'm admin for an EH fan club if anyone wants to join. It already existed but when I joined I was the only member. ^^ Come hang out~ I'll be adding more to it soon!
Sep 27, 2009 11:00 AM

Feb 2008
ShanaFlame said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The shells that Ren and his friends are using were unexpected, i thought they would have a better transport^^ As for the question Ren is asking Ally, that is just random^^ That QEX is actually one of the strong ones but i guess blowing it from the inside is always going to defeat it^^

like any tank, it was weak form the inside. if she had made a mistake, she would have been eaten.

well it would seem there is some conspiracies involving Carr as well as the element hunting itself.

Zero_r2 said:
mmm... this looks like ally is starting to fall for ren...
so the reason carl-hakase is a hologram is cause she´s dead, interesant, is she aolia (gundam 00) or what?

it would also a pear that that other boy is interested in her...as one would expect. Ally is more of a reserve type that seeks out someone who is the opposite hehe.
Oct 1, 2009 11:17 PM
Mar 2008
fetchie said:
Hm, not sure she's falling for Ren, per se, but they were much more adorable together than I'd anticipated. ^___^ Glad to see Tom knows more authors than just Thoreau, too. XD

They haven't dropped this many hints about what's going on beyond the kids' activities since the start of the show. Looks like the writers are going to end the first 13 episodes with a big reveal and/or something bad happening to Ally...

I'm also really intrigued by the way the show goes out of its way to have each of its characters be a different nationality. Ally's Egyptian, Homi's Indian, Natasha was Russian, Chiara's dad (Robert?) was speaking Italian last episode....presumably Tom's American, as everything he's quoted thus far has been American...so what's Ren? Do we default to him being Japanese? XP

Also, does anyone remember how long the colony's been sending Element Hunters to Nega-Earth? I thought Ally & co. were the first team, but in this episode we had an adult talking about how she used to be a Hunter herself....

...oh, by the way, I'm admin for an EH fan club if anyone wants to join. It already existed but when I joined I was the only member. ^^ Come hang out~ I'll be adding more to it soon!

I think so too,looks like startiing with episode 13,looks like the series is eventually gonna take a more seriouse tone revealing some tragic things about Ally,hopely this series gets as good as digimon,because the storyline in this anime reminds me of Disney's Spectrobes games meets digimon in some since ^^
May 3, 2012 7:51 PM

May 2009
Interesting episode.

I still can't figure out how the heck they control those shells when riding on them, though they obviously seem to.

Well, presumably it has a bunch of other things mixed in.

Alternatively, remember that the show's scientific accuracy only needs to go as far as to teach kids "boron is used in semiconductors in computers".

That said, if I could make a computerized smart-tank that launches thunderbolts just by throwing those things together...

And holy crap, this show is making me interested in chemistry again. I've just been looking up the Wikipedia pages on silicon carbide (the compouned mentioned in the end credits) and boron (the element of the episode).

(Why would you do this? Just to prove it's possible, I guess.)

And Ally is starting to grow on me too. As a character, mind you. I used to think that the Ren/Chiara/Homi trio was more interesting, but hey, we're starting to really get into character development.

I'm just afraid of what Ally's gonna get thrown at her by the space station admins at this point. There's a surprisingly decent amount of drama in this show.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 39 Discussion

TechDragon - Mar 28, 2010

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
Dec 1, 2022 6:47 AM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 38 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Mar 27, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 1:07 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 37 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Mar 20, 2010

7 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 12:34 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 36 Discussion

DeathfireD - Mar 20, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 12:07 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 35 Discussion

Tetsuyan - Mar 14, 2010

9 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.