Forum Settings
Forums

Anime adaptions better than their source material????

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 28, 2014 7:09 PM

May 2010
Revolutionary Girl Utena definitely! Ikuhara took an average shojo manga and turned it into a masterpiece of art.
May 28, 2014 7:16 PM

Nov 2013
Agree with Gintama and AoT. And definitely Black Lagoon.
May 29, 2014 1:50 AM

Jun 2009
I totally forgot about Aria. The godly voice acting and beautiful not-black-and-white scenery make this a hundreds times better than the manga imo. It just gets the atmosphere across a lot better.
May 29, 2014 2:00 AM

Apr 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I think that K-On is another popular example, though I've never read the manga. And not only for the music.

I read it, back in 2010. One of the worst manga I've read to date. I watched the anime sometime afterwards and I was shocked at how much better it was. KyoAni gets a lot of hate for "producing the same shit", but they really deserve a lot of praise for the magic they did with K-On!. They essentially took a pile of crap and turned it into something worth watching.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
yhunata said:
And secondly, Bakuman. Yes, I find Bakuman's anime to be better than it's manga counterpart. The major reason for this would be the ending. The ending in the manga felt rushed. One more chapter was all they needed, so why they felt the need to rush it, I have no idea.

And Bakuman season 3 wasn't rushed? They put like 17 volumes in 25 episodes.

IMO, the pacing of Bakuman 3, while fast wasn't that bad. In fact, I'd say that if it went any slower than that, it would've made the series more boring. Also, have you read the manga? It was as if Ohba and Obata couldn't wait to end Bakuman. The anime expanded on it and improved on the ending.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's the craziest plot twist you've ever come across in an anime?

Nanami0007 - 12 minutes ago

3 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Which group of people is more profitable for anime?

Sanjay63773 - 7 hours ago

10 by MadanielFL »»
6 minutes ago

» What is the greatest spoiler of all time in anime?

SgtBateMan - 5 hours ago

12 by Lucifrost »»
12 minutes ago

» WTF is the point of sexualizing male characters? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Mar 30

76 by Lhundrup »»
14 minutes ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

17 by Nirinbo »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.