Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 16, 2010 8:42 AM

Feb 2009
I just finished reading Basara and I was thinking wh Chacha is not on the realtions list. (Or tell me if she is there and I just missed her, cause that happens with me sometimes)
She is actually one of the most important right hand "woman" of Tatara's army. She also worked really hard so she would get accepted by all the pirates as a woman. she gives encouragement to Sarasa and won't abandon her mates in any situation.
Sep 16, 2010 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
hmm. I thought of adding Chacha at one point but I wasn't sure if she was noble enough, being a pirate and all. It was implied her pirates had some sort of involvement in human trafficking, in volume 3 I believe, when they were going to sell Sarasa and Hayato. So I ultimately did not add her because I wasn't sure if her involvement with Tatara's army was enough to get her on the list given that she has done ignoble things.

She certainly is a cool character and one of my personal favourites from Basara....but I don't want to add her just because I like her. ^^;;;

I'll keep her on the pending list for now, and hopefully we can get someone else to vote YES for her.
Sep 17, 2010 4:30 AM

Feb 2009
That's certainly a thing I forgot, although we never really see her sell anyone, or cross paths with someone who was actually sold by her...she didn't even hurt Ageha although he is also a slave, and she actually helped him out in the beginning lending the calf to him.
There were actually times when I was thinking that maybe this human shipping thing was just a threat towards Hayato and Tatara...but well who knows nothing really turns out about this in the manga.
Sep 17, 2010 5:21 AM

Mar 2009
Are you guys talking about the legend of Basara?
Sep 17, 2010 10:58 AM

Oct 2009
Another proposal : Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess:
http://myanimelist.net/character/756/Belldandy

She's the kindest character I have ever read about in manga.She protects her family and friends, fights with demons and rescues the whole world.She is a goddess after all; she acts as noble as a goddess.
And she is so incredible kind<3
Sep 17, 2010 11:04 AM

Oct 2009
Another proposal : Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess:
http://myanimelist.net/character/756/Belldandy

She's the kindest character I have ever read about in manga.She protects her family and friends, fights with demons and rescues the whole world.She is a goddess after all; she acts as noble as a goddess.
And she is so incredible kind<3
Sep 17, 2010 11:43 AM

Sep 2007
@windeen: yes. that's the anime version, which is incomplete. Manga is better too. Anime lacked *something* (I don't know what, just a feeling) that made the manga so great.

@antonique: while kindness is definitely a virtue and a part of being noble, the little I have read of Ah! My Goddess, does not portray Belldandy's kindness in a positive light. Belldandy is basically a male fantasy and she caters to every whim of the male lead and her sole purpose in life seems to take care of him. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that sort of "kindness" is counter-intuitive to what the club aims at representing: noble and strong-willed (independent) females, who are good not for the sake of their spouse or male lover, but for themselves. I stress once more, it's about making yourself a better person, not being a personal servant/maid.

I am willing to reconsider if others wish to have her on the list though. This is just my personal view on her. I'll put her on pending for the time being.
Sep 17, 2010 12:18 PM

Feb 2009
windeen-windy said:

Yeah i think so...Isn't that the title of the anime? i haven't seen the anime I read the manga and it's title is simply Basara but I guess it's the same yes. ^^

As for Belldandy..she certainly is one of the cutes characters... I kinda don't feel any nobleness from her...BUT that's just how I feel about her...no reasons. ^^"
Sep 17, 2010 1:44 PM

Mar 2009
soaring_wings said:
@windeen: yes. that's the anime version, which is incomplete. Manga is better too. Anime lacked *something* (I don't know what, just a feeling) that made the manga so great.

Finarien said:
windeen-windy said:

Yeah i think so...Isn't that the title of the anime? i haven't seen the anime I read the manga and it's title is simply Basara but I guess it's the same yes. ^^

Yeah, I thought that maybe if I had time I could watch the anime to give you my opinion on her as a character- But if the anime's unfinished... I guess that wouldn't be any help. I'll read the manga, I have time for anime because it is easier to watch for me than reading manga... so the manga will have to wait a while... thanks for letting me know it was unfinished.
I hate it when they leave anime unfinished like that. It really annoys me.
Oct 8, 2010 6:38 AM

Dec 2008
I have another suggestion, Sunyool from There's Something About Sunyool.
Not only she is capable of taking care of herself, but she can actually defend their loved ones even if it's against the most powerful people around. She puts a lot of men and stupid girls in their places too.
Oct 16, 2010 9:49 AM

Sep 2007
Queen2408 said:
I have another suggestion, Sunyool from There's Something About Sunyool.
Not only she is capable of taking care of herself, but she can actually defend their loved ones even if it's against the most powerful people around. She puts a lot of men and stupid girls in their places too.

Since there are no character relations yet. I'll just be adding the manhwa onto our relations. :)
Dec 5, 2010 10:03 PM

Mar 2009
I just finished Glass Fleet and think that Michel Volban should be added to the relations.
Leads a massive army and is a figure of hope for the people. And is also great with a sword. Oh and she's not handed the idiot ball just so a guy can save her at any time, she always remembers that she's capable with a sword.
Dec 12, 2010 9:25 PM

Sep 2007
FallnKnightFakir said:
I just finished Glass Fleet and think that Michel Volban should be added to the relations.
Leads a massive army and is a figure of hope for the people. And is also great with a sword. Oh and she's not handed the idiot ball just so a guy can save her at any time, she always remembers that she's capable with a sword.

Added.
Dec 13, 2010 6:31 AM

May 2010
I'd like for you to consider adding Sakura Shinguji to the Character Relations list. Aside from the link I provided to her character info, I'll provide some other reasons as to why I think she should be included. Sakura Shinguji is an individual with a noble heart and a strong will. In the beginning when she wasn't as good a Koubu pilot and as an actress in the Hanagumi's theatre troupe, she wanted to do her best in being an asset to the team, regardless of what others said about her abilities. As time goes by and becomes more sure of herself, Sakura grows stronger as a result and her skills as a Koubu pilot are honed and is able to be more confident to play leading roles in the stage plays she and her comrades perform in. Sakura also desires to protect those around her and the citizens of the Imperial Capital from the demon threats that plague Tokyo. She also has a strong love for her family back in Sendai and has a deep respect for her late father. Her personality is sincere and understanding and as a fighter she is able to hold her own, but at the same time is a team player. I also think a quality a noble heroine should have is when the situation calls for it, being able to be a team player and being able to lend her strengths to add to the rest of her team.
Dec 13, 2010 7:57 PM

Sep 2007
kanon-chan said:
I'd like for you to consider adding Sakura Shinguji to the Character Relations list. Aside from the link I provided to her character info, I'll provide some other reasons as to why I think she should be included. Sakura Shinguji is an individual with a noble heart and a strong will. In the beginning when she wasn't as good a Koubu pilot and as an actress in the Hanagumi's theatre troupe, she wanted to do her best in being an asset to the team, regardless of what others said about her abilities. As time goes by and becomes more sure of herself, Sakura grows stronger as a result and her skills as a Koubu pilot are honed and is able to be more confident to play leading roles in the stage plays she and her comrades perform in. Sakura also desires to protect those around her and the citizens of the Imperial Capital from the demon threats that plague Tokyo. She also has a strong love for her family back in Sendai and has a deep respect for her late father. Her personality is sincere and understanding and as a fighter she is able to hold her own, but at the same time is a team player. I also think a quality a noble heroine should have is when the situation calls for it, being able to be a team player and being able to lend her strengths to add to the rest of her team.

ah, Sakura Taisan. I've heard wonderful things about the video games. I actually have a copy of Sakura Taisen 5 (called Sakura Wars: So Love My Love here), but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. ^^;;

Back on topic: from what I can gleam, since I haven't played ST or watched the anime adaptation, Sakura sounds like the perfect candidate for this club. She's strong and independent yet kind. She's got a dream yet she integrates that with her other aspects in life (like family). Thanks for suggesting her. I will be adding her along with the anime onto our relations. :)
Dec 14, 2010 4:16 AM

May 2010
Thanks very much, I appreciate it :)
Feb 19, 2011 9:20 PM
Aug 2008
This may seem like an odd suggestion but how about Karin from the manga 'Limited Lovers'? In the manga, her spine is injured so that her lower body can't move. Even though in the beginning she's angry and frustrated with her situation, she begins to accept it and is determined to not let it hinder her dreams. She grows from a spoiled brat to a strong woman throughout the whole manga and is very head-strong and refuses to give up. Also, she learns to not judge people and makes many friends. Although there's romance (with her doctor) , she refuses to depend on him and even tells him "I want to learn to be able to live without you!" When he's acting like a jerk to her, she's not afraid to put him in his place. She realizes what she wants to do in the middle of the series (she wants to be a masseuse) and although many of the schools reject her, she keeps on trying. She repeatedly says throughout the series that she wants to become a strong and independent person who can take care of herself so that she can do the things she wants to... herself.
Apr 6, 2011 8:24 PM

Sep 2007
Aris18 said:
This may seem like an odd suggestion but how about Karin from the manga 'Limited Lovers'? In the manga, her spine is injured so that her lower body can't move. Even though in the beginning she's angry and frustrated with her situation, she begins to accept it and is determined to not let it hinder her dreams. She grows from a spoiled brat to a strong woman throughout the whole manga and is very head-strong and refuses to give up. Also, she learns to not judge people and makes many friends. Although there's romance (with her doctor) , she refuses to depend on him and even tells him "I want to learn to be able to live without you!" When he's acting like a jerk to her, she's not afraid to put him in his place. She realizes what she wants to do in the middle of the series (she wants to be a masseuse) and although many of the schools reject her, she keeps on trying. She repeatedly says throughout the series that she wants to become a strong and independent person who can take care of herself so that she can do the things she wants to... herself.

First, I just want to apologize for taking so long to respond to your request. Second, I think growth in characters is a key element for nobility and third, she sounds wonderful and you have convinced me not only to add this manga and character to our relations, but to read this manga myself. :)
Apr 19, 2011 5:04 AM
Aug 2008
It's fine! I understand you have a lot going on right now. I hope you enjoy the manga as well!
Apr 6, 2012 3:53 PM
Sep 2010
Chocolat Meilleure from Sugar Sugar Rune
http://myanimelist.net/character/3606/Chocolat_Meilleure
Apr 7, 2012 7:41 AM

Sep 2007
Armando said:

I can't really find any info on her. So outside of being a good friend, is there a particular thing that makes her noble? I see she is already quite strong (from the descriptions of her personality), so if we have a particular example outside of just being a good friend, I'll add her onto the list. :)
Apr 7, 2012 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
Armando said:

Hm, odd. I swear I replied but it's not showing up. :/
Ok, basically my problem is I can't find too much info on this character, she seems strong willed from the description of her personality, but I can't seem to find anything about her nobleness. The only thing I can find is her being nice to her friends, which isn't enough to qualify since most people treat their friends nice. So I hope you can help me out and tell me if there is anything noble about her. Thanks. :)

edit: something weird is going on with the thread. Whenever I delete this second message, I can't see the first one, so I'm just going to leave this duplicate reply up.
Apr 9, 2012 11:27 PM
Sep 2010
soaring_wings said:
Armando said:

Ok, basically my problem is I can't find too much info on this character, she seems strong willed from the description of her personality, but I can't seem to find anything about her nobleness. The only thing I can find is her being nice to her friends, which isn't enough to qualify since most people treat their friends nice. So I hope you can help me out and tell me if there is anything noble about her. Thanks. :)

edit: something weird is going on with the thread. Whenever I delete this second message, I can't see the first one, so I'm just going to leave this duplicate reply up.

I'm not sure if it meet the requirements but it reminds me a lot to Sakura Kinomoto and thought it would be a good proposal.

She can be a bit silly but always fight for the common good and think more in those around her than herself.
Apr 13, 2012 2:09 AM

Mar 2009
Hope this makes sense- I’m tired but wanted to write this out now since I just finished the series and it was still fresh in my mind.

Character Name: Makoto

Anime Name: Blade

Links~
Link to her profile -(which is a sorry excuse for one BTW): http://myanimelist.net/character/43149/Makoto
Link to the anime info Page: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6920/Blade

Note: The below are my observations of her as a character- I looked on the net for more opinions to back me up- but all I could find were AMVS- which are, of-course; not much help.

About Makoto and why I think she should be added:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Armando said:
soaring_wings said:
Armando said:

I'm not sure if it meet the requirements but it reminds me a lot to Sakura Kinomoto and thought it would be a good proposal.

She can be a bit silly but always fight for the common good and think more in those around her than herself.

And I was thinking she fit as well, she gave up a lot for others, and tried to do what was right while seeming at times selfish, she changed throwout the series and became a really strong person. <--- I figured I'd mention that because I was thinking about suggesting her at some point ^^;
Her selfish attitude seemed to be a mask to hide her fears and sadness..... but maybe that was just me....
I don't remember what she did exactly since it's been a number of years since I saw the series. But I seem to remember she gave up something really important (Maybe it was her pure heart?) To save... I think it might have been to save both worlds, but I might be wrong in how I'm remembering it- I seem to remember it was something along those lines anyway.
I do remember that what she gave up was important and seem to think that she risked her own life to do so.... Sorry I don't remember it too clearly- I need to re-watch it at some time I guess.
I remember I really loved the series and I do remember the impressions I got from her character, even though I don't remember her deeds clearly ^^;
windeen-windyApr 13, 2012 2:15 AM
Apr 13, 2012 8:52 AM

Sep 2007
windeen-windy said:
Hope this makes sense- I’m tired but wanted to write this out now since I just finished the series and it was still fresh in my mind.

Character Name: Makoto

Anime Name: Blade

Links~
Link to her profile -(which is a sorry excuse for one BTW): http://myanimelist.net/character/43149/Makoto
Link to the anime info Page: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6920/Blade

Note: The below are my observations of her as a character- I looked on the net for more opinions to back me up- but all I could find were AMVS- which are, of-course; not much help.

About Makoto and why I think she should be added:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh hey, this is based on that comic series of the same name is it not? There was that trilogy of movies too based on the comic. Huh, it's sort of interesting that it also got a Japanese anime adaptation. ^__^ Ah, sorry for my digression, back to the topic at hand! She seems to fit with the club, so she shall be added along with the anime.

windeen-windy said:
And I was thinking she fit as well, she gave up a lot for others, and tried to do what was right while seeming at times selfish, she changed throwout the series and became a really strong person. <--- I figured I'd mention that because I was thinking about suggesting her at some point ^^;
Her selfish attitude seemed to be a mask to hide her fears and sadness..... but maybe that was just me....
I don't remember what she did exactly since it's been a number of years since I saw the series. But I seem to remember she gave up something really important (Maybe it was her pure heart?) To save... I think it might have been to save both worlds, but I might be wrong in how I'm remembering it- I seem to remember it was something along those lines anyway.
I do remember that what she gave up was important and seem to think that she risked her own life to do so.... Sorry I don't remember it too clearly- I need to re-watch it at some time I guess.
I remember I really loved the series and I do remember the impressions I got from her character, even though I don't remember her deeds clearly ^^;

Since she has two votes in favour, I'll be adding her and the anime and manga onto the relations. She does sound pretty good too. :)
Apr 14, 2012 1:16 AM

Mar 2009
soaring_wings said:

Oh hey, this is based on that comic series of the same name is it not? There was that trilogy of movies too based on the comic. Huh, it's sort of interesting that it also got a Japanese anime adaptation. ^__^ Ah, sorry for my digression, back to the topic at hand! She seems to fit with the club, so she shall be added along with the anime.

Yeah, I never read any of Marvel's comics, but I think he was another character created by Stan Lee like the X Men -(Wolverine from the X Men also is in one episode of the anime)- or at least from what I read on Wikipedia some of Stan Lee's characters crossed paths with Blade and his series.

I don't think Makoto was from the comics -(I know a lot of Marvel's characters even though I've never gotten my hands on a comic book but yeah, they made it into an anime)- I think she may have been an anime only- even though I did read that Blade spent time in Asia.....
They also did Animes of, Iron Man, Wolverine, X -Men- all of which took place in Japan, with Wolverine spending time in one episode of Iron Man and Blade. I think Blade was the last one in the line of anime they released recently.
I'm gonna watch the others soon probably so I may see worthy female characters there... I watched the Iron Man one when it was airing- while there were too fairly strong willed women in it- I don't think they were noble enough so I didn't bother to suggest them.... I know we do have x-men women on the non-anime characters list- so I don't know if I should suggest them here if they fit it in the anime version also or not... should I?
Apr 14, 2012 9:32 AM

Sep 2007
windeen-windy said:
soaring_wings said:

Yeah, I never read any of Marvel's comics, but I think he was another character created by Stan Lee like the X Men -(Wolverine from the X Men also is in one episode of the anime)- or at least from what I read on Wikipedia some of Stan Lee's characters crossed paths with Blade and his series.

I don't think Makoto was from the comics -(I know a lot of Marvel's characters even though I've never gotten my hands on a comic book but yeah, they made it into an anime)- I think she may have been an anime only- even though I did read that Blade spent time in Asia.....
They also did Animes of, Iron Man, Wolverine, X -Men- all of which took place in Japan, with Wolverine spending time in one episode of Iron Man and Blade. I think Blade was the last one in the line of anime they released recently.
I'm gonna watch the others soon probably so I may see worthy female characters there... I watched the Iron Man one when it was airing- while there were too fairly strong willed women in it- I don't think they were noble enough so I didn't bother to suggest them.... I know we do have x-men women on the non-anime characters list- so I don't know if I should suggest them here if they fit it in the anime version also or not... should I?

I haven't read it either, but I was familiar with the comic because of the movies. As for x-men anime version, yes if they are similar to their comic counterparts, you can suggest them and I'll add them for sure. :)
May 13, 2012 7:24 PM
Jan 2012
how about Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica? just got finshed with the show and I really admired her character.
*spoiler* she basically sells her soul in order to try and save her best friend, Madoka. She shows astounding loyality and devotion to Madoka and is even willing to make herself a stronger person physically and emotionally for her sake.
and how about Lain Irakawa from Seriel Experiments Lain? her charcter starts off very meek but as the story continues she becomes very strong-willed and independent.
May 15, 2012 11:42 AM

Sep 2007
OokamiMoriko said:
how about Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica? just got finshed with the show and I really admired her character.
*spoiler* she basically sells her soul in order to try and save her best friend, Madoka. She shows astounding loyality and devotion to Madoka and is even willing to make herself a stronger person physically and emotionally for her sake.

Haven't watched the show yet, but she sounds like she fits with the club. I'll add her and the anime onto the relations. :)

OokamiMoriko said:
and how about Lain Irakawa from Seriel Experiments Lain? her charcter starts off very meek but as the story continues she becomes very strong-willed and independent.

Sounds good so far. Is there anything noble about her?
May 15, 2012 10:34 PM
Jan 2012
sorry i dont know how to put a spoiler button yet so..
*spoiler* yes I would say that Lain is noble...but she doesn't really do anything until the last episode. basically the whole plot of the show is that she gets an email from a classmate who is supposed to be dead so she starts investigating this underground internet organization...one way or another this leads her to basically finding out that shes a computer program, not human. the man who created her tries to manipulate her into obeying him and helping him i guess conquer the world (its been about 2 years since ive watched it), but she stands up for herself and her loved ones by destroying the computer programmer and then deleting herself. basically this means she saves her friend, her "family" (even though she was never actually related to them) and the world. but again this all happens in the last episode..the rest of the show shes just investigating stuff.
May 16, 2012 12:49 PM

Sep 2007
OokamiMoriko said:
sorry i dont know how to put a spoiler button yet so..
*spoiler* yes I would say that Lain is noble...but she doesn't really do anything until the last episode. basically the whole plot of the show is that she gets an email from a classmate who is supposed to be dead so she starts investigating this underground internet organization...one way or another this leads her to basically finding out that shes a computer program, not human. the man who created her tries to manipulate her into obeying him and helping him i guess conquer the world (its been about 2 years since ive watched it), but she stands up for herself and her loved ones by destroying the computer programmer and then deleting herself. basically this means she saves her friend, her "family" (even though she was never actually related to them) and the world. but again this all happens in the last episode..the rest of the show shes just investigating stuff.

That should be fine. The fact that she even investigated and wasn't scared is enough to get her onto the list. I'll add her and the anime. :]

For spoilers, use these tags (without the spaces between "[" "spoiler" and "]"): [ spoiler ] whatever is a spoiler goes in here [ /spoiler ]. Hope that helps. :)
May 16, 2012 7:00 PM
Jan 2012
thanks! =D
Jul 10, 2012 9:47 PM

Mar 2009
6 eps in, but I can tell I want to nominate Aer from Simoun. I wrote more about the show in the "what are you watching right now" column, but Aer is pretty awesome so far. She's obviously the outgoing one, but unlike a lot of characters in that trope, she's not written like the drunk chick at her first college party, so it's quite nice. But yeah, she's pretty awesome so far.
So far it's a really good show for people who don't mind girls kissing (it's not uber glorified, and never fanservicey) or can just overlook it (since it's hardly the focus and not glorified) as I can.
I'd just add the whole show, there's a lot of good female characters so far.
Jul 22, 2012 1:51 PM

Sep 2007
FallnKnightFakir said:
6 eps in, but I can tell I want to nominate Aer from Simoun. I wrote more about the show in the "what are you watching right now" column, but Aer is pretty awesome so far. She's obviously the outgoing one, but unlike a lot of characters in that trope, she's not written like the drunk chick at her first college party, so it's quite nice. But yeah, she's pretty awesome so far.
So far it's a really good show for people who don't mind girls kissing (it's not uber glorified, and never fanservicey) or can just overlook it (since it's hardly the focus and not glorified) as I can.
I'd just add the whole show, there's a lot of good female characters so far.

From the MAL description I can see that she's very strong-willed and I'm guessing she fights to protect, so I'll add her and the anime. :)
Mar 1, 2014 8:44 AM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
Balsa yonsa, Morbito - not only is she the star of the anime, she takes on what is normally a male protagonists' persona throughout the entire thing. She is -brave, head strong, intelligent and completely worthy of the tile of noble heroine.

http://myanimelist.net/character/2645/Balsa_Yonsa

Tsunade- Naruto- It has been a while since I watched or read Naruto, but, I can never forget how this woman put herself into a comma to save the village. She is one of the Konohagakure's legendary Sannin, making her very strong. She doesn't take shit from anyone, especially a man; and she is a role model for other female ninja (ex. Sakura) encouraging them to become stronger.

http://myanimelist.net/character/2767/Tsunade

LINKS
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What are you reading?

soaring_wings - Apr 20, 2010

8 by soaring_wings »»
Sep 13, 2012 2:57 PM

» What are you watching?

soaring_wings - Apr 20, 2010

10 by soaring_wings »»
Aug 18, 2012 3:24 AM

» Heroine of the Month: Yuri (February)

soaring_wings - Feb 1, 2010

5 by soaring_wings »»
May 9, 2012 12:34 PM

» Noble Heroines in Other Forms of Media

soaring_wings - Jan 30, 2010

48 by soaring_wings »»
Apr 14, 2012 9:28 AM

Sticky: » The Boot

soaring_wings - Aug 11, 2009

7 by soaring_wings »»
Dec 12, 2010 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.