Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2009 8:58 PM

Nov 2007
Neko Mimi Mode Hanekawa >=3. Nyahahahaha~ I'm glad they got their budget back to normal. This 5 episode arc looks promising. My mind was going nananananananana... NEKO when they showed Neko Mimi Mode Hanekawa jumpin in the B&W sequence.
Sep 20, 2009 9:04 PM

Jul 2009
The show is good but it was awesome in the beginning because Senjougahara was on screen. If this keeps up she will go from Main char to supporting and be one of ''those'' girls he helps each week.

At least hint for 2nd season focusing on those two! 11of 15 episodes and Senjougahara has less screentime than Kanbaru? Unacceptable :P
Sep 20, 2009 9:16 PM

Feb 2009
So far so good, better than the last arc, for sure. I was glad to see the flashback, if they're making this arc 5 episodes long I hope they get a flashback to Koyomi Vamp in there. Still, I miss Senjougahara ;_;
Sep 20, 2009 9:52 PM

Jul 2009
mcjazzman32 said:
I'm getting really, Really, REALLY annoyed that we haven't seen Senjougahara in like 3 episodes. She was what made this show. I mean what the hell man? This other stuff is getting boring without her. I'm like not even looking forward to this show anymore.

UGH!
^Well i feel it too, so Senjougahara is just an Arc's character? not a female lead? i hope there is an OVA for Senjougahara..>,<
Sep 20, 2009 11:05 PM

Oct 2007
Alexstratz said:
That evil cat nyaaa~ is cute and creepy at the same time.

Sep 20, 2009 11:19 PM

Feb 2008
Definitely wasn't what I thought it would be.
It's entertaining and everything but there are too many characters floating around right now for such a short anime.
Sep 21, 2009 12:09 AM

Feb 2009
Laevantein said:
mcjazzman32 said:
I'm getting really, Really, REALLY annoyed that we haven't seen Senjougahara in like 3 episodes. She was what made this show. I mean what the hell man? This other stuff is getting boring without her. I'm like not even looking forward to this show anymore.

UGH!
^Well i feel it too, so Senjougahara is just an Arc's character? not a female lead? i hope there is an OVA for Senjougahara..>,<

From what I've heard there will be more Senjougahara in this arc, but take that with a grain of salt as it's very much third hand information.
Sep 21, 2009 12:38 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
archonflux said:
It's entertaining and everything but there are too many characters floating around right now for such a short anime.
i agree.

Where is Senjougahara?? :(
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 21, 2009 12:47 AM

Sep 2008
Tsubasa is a really interesting character. I just have the feeling that maybe she likes Koyomi or something... for they seem to have some deep past that involves Koyomi feeling that he owes her a lot.

I'm still a Koyomi X Hitagi shipper of course.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Sep 21, 2009 1:31 AM

Jan 2008
okay, i'm getting really pissed of...where the hell is Senjougahara???...this arc's better than the snake one but it's still average...i miss the first episodes when Araragi and Senjougahara have clever discussions...those were the best :(
Sep 21, 2009 1:43 AM

Dec 2008
Nadeko is certainly cute. Guess that's how some anime shows draw you in. This arc looks interesting...looking forward to more.
Sep 21, 2009 2:45 AM

Feb 2009
Liked the sign text^^

WTF is this guy doing?!!

and The Cat-Girl ofcourse

Nice ep^^
Sep 21, 2009 3:07 AM

Sep 2009
Bakemonogatari in a nutshell

Pretty artwork
Almost no animation
Gimmicky character reactions
Manface women
Constant eye shots
Constant splash screens with random text
Contrived dialogue
Generic characters
Shallow plot

Instead of being monster of the week, it's oddity of the week. Protagonist helps women with their problems because he's nice. Some of which fall for him. The structure of the series is that of a standard harem.

Why do people like this show?
EmeraldBlissSep 21, 2009 3:11 AM
Sep 21, 2009 4:16 AM

Aug 2009
EmeraldBliss said:

Pretty artwork
Almost no animation
Manface women
Constant eye shots
Contrived dialogue
Generic characters
Shallow plot

Instead of being monster of the week, it's oddity of the week. Protagonist helps women with their problems because he's nice. Some of which fall for him. The structure of the series is that of a standard harem.

I don't know if standard harems start with the protagonist dating a girl he met in episode 5 and locked up with her forever. Harems usually have routes or different options and choice but Araragi doesn't really have a choice.

Opinions are opinions. I don't really see what "manface women" has to do with an enjoyment of an anime, generally the females of this show are designed really well.

Seems most of your post is just railing on Bakemonogatari. I don't know why you watched it til episode 11 if you find so many faults with it.
Sep 21, 2009 4:19 AM

Aug 2009
Ahhh....A replacement, I guess this made more since than the one i did.
Sep 21, 2009 4:46 AM

May 2009
Pretty good episode. Nadeko running away was hilarious. Interesting to finally see what happened to Hanekawa as well.

Am starting to miss Senjogahara though.
Sep 21, 2009 6:02 AM

Nov 2008
Whre the hell is Senjougahara?! D:
I don't really like Hanekawa xD (and her meow-ing was crazy 0_o)
Nadeko was the best thing *w*

Sep 21, 2009 7:03 AM

Jul 2008
life sucking nekomimi xD never thought of it before xD yeah shinobu and nadeko are awesome <3

Sep 21, 2009 7:38 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
pachi pachi pachi

Very nice episode, simple yet complicated. I love this.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 21, 2009 8:46 AM

May 2008
Hanekawa is such a sad girl

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 21, 2009 9:05 AM

Sep 2009
EmeraldBliss said:

Pretty artwork
Almost no animation
Manface women
Constant eye shots
Contrived dialogue
Generic characters
Shallow plot

It's easy to like it. Instead of counting how much "animations", "Constant splash screens random text" etc..does an episode have, just try to watch and enjoy the whole stuff.

This is just for chilling because it's a cartoon, no one was complaining on Flintstone's "animation" either, you just watched and thats all.
Sep 21, 2009 9:09 AM

Jan 2009
Hi.
Gief MOOOAAAAAAR Senjougahara!
But sure it was pretty nice having some story behind Hanekawa.
Black Hanekawa is White. lol
"Nyahahahah~"

Araragi made an Awesome-face!
: D (No, not an awesome face, but an awesome-face xD)
Actually, he made a bunch of funny faces, but I think that one takes the price : p

And that's a strange caleidoscope-way of showing pictures : p

There is something about SHAFT.. They have this tendency to make things interesting without really doing anything : o
And those screens with some random color (usually the 'red', 'black' or 'white' screens) are somehow really making this captivation O.o

Also, Great picture at the end, after the preview xD

Say.. did the animation get like.. sometimes great, sometimes awesome, and sometimes kinda crappy (but not all that bad anyway), at pretty much random occations?O.o

Oh and btw, Staple Stable's back : D Awesome! And the ED is still as awesome as always : 3

Anyway all in all, awesome episode is awesome : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 21, 2009 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
EmeraldBliss said:

Pretty artwork
Almost no animation
Manface women
Constant eye shots
Contrived dialogue
Generic characters
Shallow plot

Don't need reason, i just enjoyed the series
Sep 21, 2009 9:17 AM

Jan 2009
Laevantein said:
EmeraldBliss said:

Pretty artwork
Almost no animation
Manface women
Constant eye shots
Contrived dialogue
Generic characters
Shallow plot

Don't need reason, i just enjoyed the series

True, no reason needed.
Although there's always Senjougahara : D And that's a pretty darn good reason!
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 21, 2009 11:20 AM

Sep 2009
Tell your comments over the school swimming suit and bloomer of Nadeko.
Jpanese feels extreme pleasure in these points.
Sep 21, 2009 11:58 AM
Mar 2009
Laevantein said:
mcjazzman32 said:

UGH!

Sorry to break this to you but Senjougahara was never the LEAD female, she was just the arc character that just so happens to be Araragi's girlfriend. Btw, if SHAFT ever decides to animate Koyomi Vamp you will realize that Tsubasa plays a much more important role in Araragi's life than Senjougahara. If anyone has read the novel than they will know that it is 100% surprising that they didn't starting dating after that story.
Sep 21, 2009 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
omimon said:
Laevantein said:
mcjazzman32 said:

UGH!

Sorry to break this to you but Senjougahara was never the LEAD female, she was just the arc character that just so happens to be Araragi's girlfriend. Btw, if SHAFT ever decides to animate Koyomi Vamp you will realize that Tsubasa plays a much more important role in Araragi's life than Senjougahara. If anyone has read the novel than they will know that it is 100% surprising that they didn't starting dating after that story.

lol you missed the point. Regardless of what the novel did (which you're not supposed to reference here. =\) Senjougahara is what makes this show. Point. End Point.

And boo to the guy who talked trash about the show. Contrived dialogue?? This is some of the best dialogue I've heard in years!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Sep 21, 2009 12:49 PM

Mar 2008
After last week's fiasco, animation was still quite sloppy on this episode. Such a shame.
Sep 21, 2009 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
mcjazzman32 said:
Senjougahara is what makes this show. Point. End Point.

And boo to the guy who talked trash about the show. Contrived dialogue?? This is some of the best dialogue I've heard in years!

^This was spoken by a man of wisdom.
Heed his words, and imprint them in your brains, because this is, undoubtedly the truth.
Sep 21, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2009
Arcanus said:
After last week's fiasco, animation was still quite sloppy on this episode. Such a shame.

Unfortunately you're telling the truth. This episode was quite poor.
Thank god there was Nadeko ^^
Sep 21, 2009 1:49 PM

Jun 2008
Another enjoyable episode. After a very cute loli now we have a dangerous white sexy nekomimi. I just love this series, they are awesome. The whole flashback was amazing and i liked the fact that we learned more about that little vampire girl.
All girls are so cool in this anime.

Really not much else to say, everything was nice. And hope we have another interesting arc.
O yeah! what was Araraki doing crabbing the dress of Nadeko?

Am certain Senjougahara will appear in the next episode. If the episode is good you don't have to go crazy because you didn't saw her people. I kind of missed her too but i disagree that she is what makes this anime good.

So i was wondering fansubers will stop because of stream after the next episode? We will never get to see the completion of the story until the DVD comes out?
And when will the other 3 episodes air?
Sep 21, 2009 3:05 PM

Jul 2008
oo interesting ep
and interesting arc >_<
cant wait for part 2
Sep 21, 2009 3:30 PM

Oct 2007
Araragi: Wushaaaaaa.... "my life is completed"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 21, 2009 3:31 PM

Apr 2007
HANEKAWA AS A CRAZY CATGIRL HNNNGGG
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2009 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
Neverender said:
HANEKAWA AS A CRAZY CATGIRL HNNNGGG

This.

Plus, give me my Senjougahara.

Sep 21, 2009 4:48 PM
Oct 2007
Seriously, all I've been thinking the last 3 episodes was, "Hitagi! Where are you?! Come back!!! NOW!"

Still, I think this Tsubasa Cat arc looks promising.
Sep 21, 2009 5:23 PM

Sep 2008
Yay, a cat arc :D Not sure I love the way they went about it, but it looks promising.
Nadeko was cute :O
Sep 21, 2009 5:25 PM

Aug 2008
Better directed and animated, but about a third of this episode did absolutely nothinng--the conversation between Araragi and Nadeko. The Doraemon analogy was clever, but it almost seemed like it existed just so they could make that connection. Regardless, I think this was a step in the right direction, and I think it's pretty clear Koyomi is the source of Tsubasa's stress now.
Sep 21, 2009 7:44 PM

Aug 2009
Monad said:
So i was wondering fansubers will stop because of stream after the next episode? We will never get to see the completion of the story until the DVD comes out?
And when will the other 3 episodes air?

What do you mean? Not that I have looked but I have not heard anything. So what is supposed to happen after the next episode? They won't air the last 3?

Morkand-san said:
Arcanus said:

Unfortunately you're telling the truth. This episode was quite poor.
Thank god there was Nadeko ^^

Forgive my ignorance, but it would be great if you could explain. What do you guys mean that the animation was poor and sloppy. I thought it was great, but maybe we are talking about/looking at different things. Would be great if you guys could tell me what I should be looking for so I can spot it as well.

Is it overall stuff, or the actual movement of the characters, or how they are drawn?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Sep 21, 2009 9:14 PM

May 2008
A very good episode.
Sep 21, 2009 9:34 PM

Sep 2008
he actually held on those bloomers and swimsuit, in the street, just before going to see her girlfriend
i hope senjousajara appears soon, i dont really liked that cat tsubasa, its just like the will of abyss of pandora hearts, but craizier and less powerfull
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 21, 2009 11:28 PM

Jan 2009
I get ice pick headaches and migraines, so I couldn't help but relate. I don't remember turning into a killer cat girl and taking out pedestrians... but I wouldn't care either way.

Good episode, hope they have another special intro soon.
Sep 22, 2009 12:20 AM

Jan 2009
Nadeko in school uniform was lovely ! yeah !!
But what shocks me is Tsubasa Cat, it was so goddamn smexy !!
Sep 22, 2009 12:40 AM

Sep 2008
Tsubasa Neko ^^ Cute, strange and sexy.. 3 in 1 XD
and.... next ep will be the last TV episode! ^^
I can't wait for it~
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Sep 22, 2009 2:25 AM

Aug 2008
I need my Senjougahara fill... she hasn't been on very much lately

:(
Sep 22, 2009 3:35 AM

Jan 2009
spineslayer said:
I need my Senjougahara fill... she hasn't been on very much lately

:(

^This
Sep 22, 2009 5:48 AM

Aug 2009
Noobstar21 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but it would be great if you could explain. What do you guys mean that the animation was poor and sloppy. I thought it was great, but maybe we are talking about/looking at different things. Would be great if you guys could tell me what I should be looking for so I can spot it as well.

Is it overall stuff, or the actual movement of the characters, or how they are drawn?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

their faces lacked details and the animation was a bit too framing sometimes.
this episode was incomparable to the first few. in fact after those, the quality of graphics started decreasing. but i still love bakemonogatari. it's not that i started hating it or something just cause it looks worse. the anime is a true masterpiece, everyone knows that .

about the quality: [he looks like a woman doesn't he xD]

thats an example of what i mean
[motiv is not mine]

if thats not enough 4 u please make a comment on my profile instead of here ok?
MrokandSep 22, 2009 5:51 AM
Sep 22, 2009 8:04 AM

May 2009
I really wanna know more about Shinobu more so than anyone else right now.
Sep 22, 2009 10:41 AM

Mar 2009
Hahaha trust me I would hold on those clothes just like Araragi-kun!!!
Haha!!
Sep 22, 2009 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
I was little bored with this episode.. BUT..
NYAHAHAHA!
and Nadeko..so cute. :3333

Where the hell is Senjougahara?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.