Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2014 9:24 PM
Mar 2014
I'm still relatively new to watching anime but I've really like the harem/comedy genre so far. I just think watching several girls competing over one guy is funny as hell! I don't actually care about how much ecchi there is but I like it more when it is for comedic purposes.

Harem series I've seen so far are both seasons of Infinite Stratos and Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!

Apr 17, 2014 9:30 PM

Dec 2012
I recommend:

Haganai(romance-harem with ecchi & school theme)

Love, Election, and Chocolate(romance-harem with drama & school)

Oreshura(romance-harem with school theme)
I like anime.
Apr 17, 2014 9:31 PM

Jul 2011
Infinite Stratos is one of the worst harems ever.

Watch

The world god only knows
Haganai
High school dxd

These are good harems
Apr 17, 2014 9:32 PM
Mar 2014
Thanks! I like school themes!

Oh yeah, and I didn't really know Infinite Stratos was a bad series until afterwards. I'm not sure what to look for since I'm new to this. I just saw those mech suits and couldn't help myself.
Apr 17, 2014 9:33 PM

Apr 2011
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?genre[0]=35&q=&tag=&sy=0&sm=0&sd=0&ey=0&em=0&ed=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&o=3&w=1

happy hunting!
Apr 17, 2014 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
ChiSqrd said:

Oh yeah, and I didn't really know Infinite Stratos was a bad series until afterwards. I'm not sure what to look for since I'm new to this. I just saw those mech suits and couldn't help myself.

It's not a problem.

Infinite Stratos is a good harem. Trust me. You will understand after you watch more harem anime shows.
I like anime.
Apr 17, 2014 11:43 PM

Apr 2014
Zero no tsukai ma
Baka to test to shoukanjuu
Hayate no gotoku
Hidan no aria
Kiss x sis
Princess lover
Seikon no qwaser
To love ru
Apr 18, 2014 12:41 AM

Apr 2011
Pat_To_Do-List said:
ChiSqrd said:

It's not a problem.

Infinite Stratos is a good harem. Trust me. You will understand after you watch more harem anime shows.

What makes IS a good harem I wonder? It was generic and second season is complete disaster.

- Bakemonogatari: Its a well-dressed harem. Yes my friend, Bakemonogatari is a harem. It just very well-dressed, has very well written dialogue and story, and very interesting chemistry between characters. They're not 'liking the same guy (full-stop)'. There are more meaning from each relationship which Araragi has built around the girls.
- The World God Only Knows: is one-of-a-kind harem. Originally it started as an omnibus whereas the author keep dodging harem bullet. The target is for Keima makes every girl falls for him. It was very different form of harem because its Keima who was chasing after girls, not the other way around.
- Seitokai no Ichizon: Another kind of harem where the MC chases after the girls (another one is a manga: Ai Kora). But this one focuses more towards comedy factor. It was very funny, has a lot of parody, and DAT (S2) ENDING! really caught me off guard. Maybe, Ken-kun is the only harem MC who has a heart as big as ocean.
- Mashiroiro Symphony: It trolls me to death with its 'one-of-a-kind conclusion'. The only one which can compete with it is Shuffle! (I recommend both)
- Haganai started off as a generic-kind of harem. Mostly because it was over-saturated by FS and generically-made harem. It was supposed to be a friendship-themed (it was 'fixed' in Haganai+ however) if anything.
- Ro-Kyu-Bu!: Well, if you're asking me, yes there is a harem in RKB!. But, is it a show about harem? Of course not. What I like about RKB, it has very likeable cast (at least they're not violent), MC is a bro-type (not whining too much), sports and loli doing loli-basket.
- Oretsuba: Another strange form of harem, since the girls "strictly-speaking not liking the same guy". I almost associate it with ef Tale. But it wasn't anything like that.
- Amagami SS: is not a harem. So you might not find what you're looking for in here.
- TLR: Darkness (third season of TLR). The only reason why I'm recommend this is maybe because based-Momo and her stunningly genre-savvy behavior (And Aki Toyosaki flirting voice to boot!). Maybe she's on par with Keima in term of genre-savvy-ness. Just beware of it's borderline H.
- Mayo Chiki!: has very late harem development. So, if you're checking its main page, it doesn't have harem tag on it. But its still there and it still hilarious.

Oreshura, I won't say its a good harem. But it does have the potential to be the first harem to introduce a new type of trope (inb4 KoiChoco, True Tears, ect; thats not what I'm talking about). Which is sadly very unlikely to happen.

So, what has any other harem offered? You will understand after you watch more harem anime shows.
Apr 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Apr 2011
Dat Sekirei..
Apr 18, 2014 2:10 AM

Dec 2013
These are my favorite harem series...

Sekirei
Sekirei: Pure Engagement
Haganai
Haganai: Next
Omamori Himari
Noucome
Ouran High School Host Club (reverse harem and funny as hell....not as funny as Haganai but still good)
To Love Ru
Rosario to Vampire (theres a S2 but i cant rememver title)

Umm thats about all i can think of right now. Only other thing i xan say is stay away from School Days. You will be a better person for it. (I bash School Days every chance i get.....its my only 1/10 on my list.....and for good reasons)
Apr 18, 2014 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
allflying said:
What makes IS a good harem I wonder? It was generic and second season is complete disaster.

- Mayo Chiki!: has very late harem development. So, if you're checking its main page, it doesn't have harem tag on it. But its still there and it still hilarious.

Some of them are:

1. Good animation.

2. Good artwork.

3. Every love interest is different to one another.

4. The pacing.

Mayo Chiki is not a harem. Late harem development = not a harem.
I like anime.
Apr 18, 2014 2:51 AM

Aug 2009
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari yet. It's the biggest harem animeout at the moment considering every girl in the series wants the main character. Apart from the MC being the shy type, everything else about him is OP hence the girls falling for him and some even considering of wanting his baby seeds. You haven't seen harem until you see this or any of the Tenchi Muyo franchise which this series is from.
Apr 18, 2014 1:32 PM

Sep 2013
Mashiroiro Symphony
Nyan-koi
Strike The Blood
Apr 18, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2014
Highschool DxD = Best Harem.

i think infinite stratos is not bad harem, even though it's not the best either :D

also try :
Sekirei
Dakara boku wa H ga dekinai
Freezing (not funny enough i think, but still good harem)
Date A Live
Heaven Lost Property ( this is hillarious )
Apr 18, 2014 4:26 PM
May 2013
Noucome is perfect
Apr 19, 2014 12:19 AM
Mar 2014
I actually watched a bit of Date A Live, but I didn't like it that much and thought it was weird. Is it only funny after you watch a bunch of other harem series since it's supposed to be a parody?

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 32 minutes ago

0 by AdityaRizkiS »»
32 minutes ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 10 hours ago

8 by BitChilly »»
34 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

1 by Ten »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
5 hours ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 11 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.