Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2014 7:42 PM

Nov 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol damn Gosterro just doesn't die. Seems like Ru cain fell for Julia
Jan 30, 2017 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
This series has really gone downhill for me. The first 18 episodes (though a little repetitive at times) provided us with an excellent space adventure drama with interesting characters, which could rank right up there with Takahashi's finest directing. I loved the atmosphere and the real sense of space being a terrifying place.

Even when they arrived on Earth, we were introduced to the political climate and media reaction, which was all done very well. Then we have the time skip. I actually loved the initial episode after the time skip. It felt like Mad Max, Fist of the North Star, and Fahrenheit 451 all rolled into a single episode. I thought that Takahashi had successfully pulled off the greatest time skip in anime.

However, the show seemed to quickly turn into this standard 'hero vs. villain' series. Every episode since episode 28 has been the 'just in time' trope over and over again. It almost turns into an obstacle of the week show with villains setting up obstacles for the heros to overcome. There was no purpose in bringing back Gosterro either once Ru Cain (or Paul von Oberstein's voice) came into the series. He could've gotten amazing development to have been the 'villain' of the second half. So, unless there's a massive improvement in quality over the next 6 episodes, I can't see myself scoring it above a 6/10 (episode 1-27 are a 9/10 without a doubt).
Gundam_SageJan 30, 2017 6:37 PM
Apr 13, 2023 10:26 AM
Dec 2015
Can Gosterro just die already, getting annoying now

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 38 Discussion

Vargr - Aug 25, 2019

9 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 21, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 29 Discussion

RX-782 - Mar 29, 2014

2 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 20, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 26 Discussion

RX-782 - Feb 27, 2014

4 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 21 Discussion

RX-782 - Feb 17, 2014

2 by Eziprez »»
May 12, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner Episode 18 Discussion

Eziprez - Apr 30, 2023

0 by Eziprez »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.