Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
It has the same focus on time travel as Steins Gate, it starts of slow and then picks up later on like Steins Gate. The only main advantage Steins Gate has over it is when it comes to characters. Steins Gate has an adult cast of characters (18 and over) while the main characters of Noein are children except for Karasu. Noein on the other hand has more action than Steins Gate, a better soundtrack and a unique art style.
Apr 8, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
Jody32 said:
Noein's characters are better fleshed out than Steins;gate's characters IMO.
They don't fall into character archetypes and familiar tropes as often as Steins;Gate's characters as well, with an exception of the lead, steins;gates characters are fairly generic. That's where Noein has the upper hand.

Though a fault of noein that Steins;Gate takes advantage of is that it is more playful on top of having adult characters, whilst Noein is far more serious in a setting that would be easily dismissed as another school setting at first glance (when it really isn't).

I imagine Noein is less popular as it is a quite older and came out before anime became as popular as it is now.
And you are right in saying that it has better action sequences and an artsytyle more resemblant of the time period that it aired. I wouldn't say the aesthetics are as smooth as Steins;Gate's though.

But i can say the same for many many other anime out there. Especially comparing newer series released and similar series that were released before them.

Noein, just needs a little more publicity, that's all.
I think Noein's characters are kind of generic although as you said Steins Gate's characters are the same except for Okabe. I guess Steins Gate does seem a little more playful but Noein does have it's fun moments as well. I agree that Noein's age is why it isn't that popular. Noein aired from 2005-2006 so it would of been majorly overshadowed by anime like Death Note, Code Geass , Mushishi.
Jan 6, 2017 2:54 PM
Dec 2016
Simple, because it doesn't pander to average anime watcher and otakus which are usually the same thing.
May 6, 2017 8:20 PM
May 2015
Because it is not as good.
Jun 18, 2017 3:29 PM

Nov 2009
Antreas said:
Because it is not as good.

At times, Noein is even better I would say...

It all comes down to taste really. There are a lot more plot lines and explanation to consider. Plus, the animation. All of these factors are not for everyone, especially not for the moe culture of nowadays I would think.
RealExtinctionJun 18, 2017 3:34 PM
Jan 30, 2022 10:35 AM
Jan 2021
Because it has a boring atmosphere. While watching it you can easily recognize it has a goot plot and characters but you will find yourself not invested in the show. I think it's due to gloomy vibes it gives and atmosphere.
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Apr 3, 2022 5:35 PM

Jun 2015
I'm watching it right now and I have to say this show is all over the place. I don't think it really aged well. I like the concepts but they're not well executed so far. I still have 8 episodes to go and maybe it will start to pick up the pace, but so far it's not too engaging.
Fortune favours the bold!

May 15, 2022 9:53 AM
Mar 2021
DrGeroCreation said:
It has the same focus on time travel as Steins Gate, it starts of slow and then picks up later on like Steins Gate. The only main advantage Steins Gate has over it is when it comes to characters. Steins Gate has an adult cast of characters (18 and over) while the main characters of Noein are children except for Karasu. Noein on the other hand has more action than Steins Gate, a better soundtrack and a unique art style.

Because the main characters are all annoying especial the science alien girl who really does not care at all that her friend was kidnapped & treats everything as a joke while the boys behave like 5 year olds instead of the teens they are etc.

In short the characters are what ruin the show completely and why I dropped it.
If this was a survival of the fittest show all the kids would have been killed off in the hunger games in 5 minutes.
Nov 2, 2023 4:20 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Barry_Allen_14
Because it has a boring atmosphere. While watching it you can easily recognize it has a goot plot and characters but you will find yourself not invested in the show. I think it's due to gloomy vibes it gives and atmosphere.
@Barry_Allen_14 gloomy atmosphere is one of the best for thrillers. Do you want it bright and cheerful?! Lmao no wonder you got rezero
Nov 2, 2023 4:28 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to TurnipFan
DrGeroCreation said:

Because the main characters are all annoying especial the science alien girl who really does not care at all that her friend was kidnapped & treats everything as a joke while the boys behave like 5 year olds instead of the teens they are etc.

In short the characters are what ruin the show completely and why I dropped it.
If this was a survival of the fittest show all the kids would have been killed off in the hunger games in 5 minutes.
@TurnipFan saying this with spy x family and bocchi as your fav is crazy. I want to know which Lil kids act like the way they act in these anime?! Where is the logic there? So u want these teens to act like they understood everything?! lmao
Nov 8, 2023 7:51 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to CodeXdagger
@TurnipFan saying this with spy x family and bocchi as your fav is crazy. I want to know which Lil kids act like the way they act in these anime?! Where is the logic there? So u want these teens to act like they understood everything?! lmao
@CodeXdagger

There is logic in my answer.
The issue is the kids are behaving less mature than real life kids their age & are more heartless than kids their age in real life.
If you were to depict for example a 15 year old character you would not make them behave like a baby "gaga gugu"

There is a limit in age vs immaturity when it comes to how ignorant or how lacking of logic or emotions the kids can be.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 11 Discussion

zao - Jun 24, 2008

12 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Feb 6, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 7 Discussion

HaiAlwaysHungry - Mar 14, 2009

9 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Feb 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 4 Discussion

zao - Jun 24, 2008

11 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Feb 4, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 12 Discussion

Drkness19 - Apr 15, 2009

10 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e Episode 8 Discussion

zao - Jun 24, 2008

12 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.