Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2020 7:01 AM

Feb 2017
13 episodes later and I still have no idea what the hell this show is. An absurd non-resolution to the overlying drama, Shuichi dropping out of a jet plane... I don’t even know where to start. Gravitation defies critical analysis (although I’m still gonna try) — it just does things, and that’s most of its charm. Giving this a 6/10 because it was certainly more enjoyable than not, but I can’t really call it good. Music was nice (even if Rage Beat was overused) and the characters mostly grew on me (although I still have no idea what the purpose of Fujisaki was and the ASK drama also seemed completely unnecessary). The drama was hard to take seriously in general — it felt like the show alternated between serious and completely unserious at the drop of a hat and the surreal comedy elements didn’t help with that. The resolutions were often comical despite the show trying to set them up and play them as seriously and dramatically beforehand (see Eiri’s tragic backstory). There also wasn’t really any development in the relationship either and the last episode reinforced that.

Essentially I don’t really get what this was going for? It was kinda funny, kinda charming, and the characters and relationship were a little endearing, but the show being consistently ridiculous often felt like the sole source of entertainment. It didn’t really commit to that aspect enough to carry it, but the other aspects didn’t really go much of anywhere so... yeah, I’m just confused.
Jun 4, 2021 5:26 PM

Jan 2021
What a dumb ending!!!! T_T
Jan 28, 2022 4:55 PM
Dec 2021
it is a good one. Quantum.
Jan 28, 2022 4:58 PM

Apr 2020
My first yaoi, wish it had more episodes though
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jun 27, 2023 1:47 AM
Jul 2021
Well that was such an anticlimactic ending! WTF!

WTF show? Did they end it like this 'cause they actually thought there was going to be a S2? 

Well I come from well into the future and it doesn't look like there's ever going to be a second season.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Sep 22, 2023 7:11 AM
Jul 2015
Why no one discuss bout eiri almost got raped by his tutor by his tutor preffered selling him first

Also the blondie boss also sus obsession everyone gay for eiri tbh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gravitation Episode 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 23, 2009

10 by SilverCrono »»
Sep 20, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Gravitation Episode 11 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 30, 2009

6 by Dawizz »»
Jun 27, 2023 1:42 AM

Poll: » Gravitation Episode 6 Discussion

minkie - Mar 20, 2011

5 by BurntFlower »»
Jan 26, 2023 5:44 PM

Poll: » Gravitation Episode 12 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 30, 2009

2 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 5:25 PM

Poll: » Gravitation Episode 10 Discussion

minkie - Mar 21, 2011

4 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 5:23 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.