Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 22, 2009 10:48 PM

Nov 2008
I've read several comments that paying for the multiplayer feature of 360 is just rip-off.
As for me I really don't care paying 50$ to be allowed playing online for 1 year. It's just each year.

-Does it makes the 360 worse than the PS3?

Another rip-off is the 'Xbox Marketplace'. You have to pay for (EVERYTHING)!
I think this is more rip-off than paying for multiplayer. 50MSP for pictures or for themes. Sometimes the prices of 10 years old games pisses me off, too. 1200MSP!
400 points more and you can buy the GTA add-on.

So now, what do you think?
-Does Microsoft rip little boys/girls/others off?

Also I own a 360.

Aug 22, 2009 10:58 PM

Aug 2007
Well that's their business, and in then end we buy everything they sell us. They obviously know we aren't getting it anywhere else.
Aug 22, 2009 11:00 PM

May 2008
rakushu said:
Well that's their business, and in then end we buy everything they sell us. They obviously know we aren't getting it anywhere else.
Except the 10 year old games that can be played and downloaded on the computer now. >.>
Aug 22, 2009 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
This topic is lame and done to death. You have to pay for all the same things on PS3, except for the multiplayer service. Wallpapers, Games, Addons, Video/Anime yadda yadda all cost money on the other side too.

Is paying $15 for a digital copy of a 10 year old game a rip off? Usually yes, but it's your own decision to buy it or pirate it.

Aug 23, 2009 2:33 AM

Oct 2008
Not really..

Considering how the economy is in both Japan and the United States, their businesses aren't doing very well and thus, they are going to expand their profits by all means necessary. More over, the 7th generation consoles are focused on the MMORPG aspect which is getting popular over the years. However, it is also known that the only way to play most good MMORPGs, you got to purchase the game from the stores, get yourself a credit card, pay the monthly fees, and also probably get a router and to get the game to work. A lot of work..

Somehow, I am not interested in it. Nonetheless, it isn't a rip-off as that is how things are supposed to function.
Aug 23, 2009 4:14 AM

May 2009
Eh its not really a rip off that you have to pay for Live, Its the best online service out for the consoles, as unlike the Wii's and ps3 isn't free so therefore will be a better experence, The free stuff is limited to what it can.

as for the marketplace, its not like YOU have to buy everything, some things may be overpriced, but its down to you at the end of the day.
Aug 23, 2009 5:06 AM

Nov 2007
You don't have to pay for anything if you don't go online.

Sony and MS know what they're doing in that case. Hardcore gamers will go online, regardless of price. Sony and MS are smart enough to take that opportunity to make a little cash.
Aug 23, 2009 5:13 AM

Oct 2008
I think the online service is great on 360 so i dont mind paying for it.
Aug 23, 2009 5:35 AM

Sep 2007
I doubt I'll get a 360 but do I have to pay for online just to download a game that costs money itself? Because I don't wanna play online...

Also paying 10$ for older games depends on the game. Some are rare and is cheaper getting it as a digital copy (unless you plan on pirating old games)
Aug 23, 2009 8:38 AM

Oct 2008
The biggest problem with the X360 is that they are making too many games download-only. It is so much better to have the package and the disc when you make a purchase as opposed to nothing, especially the fact that the X360 is reported to have serious issues such as the "Red Rings of Death" meaning that if the X360 dies, the games die along with it.

If my PS2 dies, I can always get another one as that all the games will work fine.^^ Hopefully, the PS3 will follow this same logic.
Aug 23, 2009 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
If your xbox dies, your games don't die with it. They're are tied to your gamertag. New systems aren't as bad with RROD anyway....
Kuronoa said:
I doubt I'll get a 360 but do I have to pay for online just to download a game that costs money itself? Because I don't wanna play online...

Nope, only thing i think makes a difference on marketplace with Gold is that you get to download newer demos before people on sliver can.(Usually have to wait a week to download it on silver.)
Aug 23, 2009 10:59 AM

Jul 2008
Kira01 said:
The biggest problem with the X360 is that they are making too many games download-only. It is so much better to have the package and the disc when you make a purchase as opposed to nothing, especially the fact that the X360 is reported to have serious issues such as the "Red Rings of Death" meaning that if the X360 dies, the games die along with it.

False. You can take out your hard drive and put i in a new Xbox, if you decide not to send the Xbox to Microsoft to get it fixed.

Also, false on another count: when you purchase a game, you can download it as many times as you like. Don't have enough space? Who cares, delete it! And when you have enough space again, download it again!

I have never owned a PS3 or a Wii, but I have owned a 360, and I have to say I felt the money I paid for XBL was well worth it. And also keep in mind - you don't have to pay for every theme and every icon...some are free. Also, there are free addons for many games. For example, Gears of War had free map packs for download. They also have a rather large library of movies and anime. The movies are only rentals though, and bit of a rip off (Similar to PayPerView, you know) but the anime you can re-download as many times as you like...although I dunno what the prices were like, as the only anime I watched on the 360 was Speedgrapher, and that was on my bf's console.

And the online gaming community is nowhere near as bad as some people think. I had tons of fun playing online, and for a while made some good friends. (Hearing men screaming like little girls while playing Condemned...and then trolling each other in Shadowrun...aaaaah good times!)

So yeah. Was worth my money, but it will not be worth everyone's money.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Aug 23, 2009 3:23 PM

Jan 2008
I still intend to get a 360 at some point but as I already have a PS3 and a PC that can at least run most games available I'm just waiting until theres a few extra incentives to buy one. I wouldn't recommend getting a 360 online unless you actually have enough to make it worth your money.

Unfortunately the only 360-exclusive title I can actually think of right now that I'd buy the console for is Alan Wake, and that's not even out yet.
Aug 23, 2009 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
Companies need their way to make money, that's what it all comes down to. Best bet is to stay off line then.
Aug 24, 2009 8:02 PM

Jul 2008
ya indeed this is their method in getting money but also remember
the money is what feeds the guys to make downloadable content

but it would be a rip if they charge you when u even hardy use or download anything online/marketplace/store w.e of any console
Aug 24, 2009 8:13 PM

Jan 2008
That's why you get a PS3 that charges nothing for internet, a PC that charges nothing for internet, a 360 and don't get Gold, or a Wii that- nevermind.

More topics from this board

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

523 by lcee_15 »»
1 hour ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.