Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 8, 2010 8:21 PM

May 2010
RollingBox said:
OpenSkate said:
imthejanitor said:
mrmuk said:
Animefan710 said:
KhalReblic23 said:
Tarball said:
Nothing.

the season 2 also the eight episodes of Endless Eight was brilliant. Its not badly as the movie! The Season 2 should ranked under the top 10.. its only my opinion
Aug 18, 2010 9:27 AM

May 2010
porkypink said:
(Might not be the exact translation)

Top three things:

*phone rings*
*picks up*
*plugs nose* "The phone number you have reached is not in service right now" by Kyon

" uhhhhh kyooon-kuuuun" by Mikuru

" Asahina-san!?" by Kyon

*cries* "^$##@^!)(#*_)%&($)(&^" by Mikuru

"(?)" by Kyon

" Doumo Koizumi Desu~~ ^_^ " by Koizumi

" What r you talking about? Three days is enough to finish that, three days" by Haruhi

" Whats, three days?!" from Kyon

and

The different Yukata's and swimsuits they wore is something Ill miss.

*phone rings*
*picks up*
*plugs nose* "The phone number you have reached is not in service right now" by Kyon

" uhhhhh kyooon-kuuuun" by Mikuru

" Asahina-san!?" by Kyon

*cries* "^$##@^!)(#*_)%&($)(&^" by Mikuru

"(?)" by Kyon

" Doumo Koizumi Desu~~ ^_^ " by Koizumi

is funny.. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Aug 19, 2010 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
I actually really liked the endless arc :D
Kyon-kun denwa is adorable but i always like to see what kyon's wearing that morning. t-shirt. tank top, or no shirt?
The yukatas are friggin adoorrrabbble
When Asahina calls Kyon in the middle of the night
Stargazing scene
And the end when he almost says something- you get your hopes up- and then nothing.
"August 31st. Homework untouched."
And then at the very end when he finally says something and they all get together and do their homework.
I'm waiting for season 2 to arrive at my house in english and can't wait!
Aug 19, 2010 7:56 PM

May 2010
xHanabix said:
I actually really liked the endless arc :D
Kyon-kun denwa is adorable but i always like to see what kyon's wearing that morning. t-shirt. tank top, or no shirt?
The yukatas are friggin adoorrrabbble
When Asahina calls Kyon in the middle of the night
Stargazing scene
And the end when he almost says something- you get your hopes up- and then nothing.
"August 31st. Homework untouched."
And then at the very end when he finally says something and they all get together and do their homework.
I'm waiting for season 2 to arrive at my house in english and can't wait!

nice :3 Kyon-kun Denwa! I love Endless Eight.. it's a epic arc
Aug 19, 2010 8:00 PM

May 2010
I CRY TO KYON HE SHOULD DO BE HOMEWORK!! oO YESS THAT I DO :)
May 27, 2013 6:44 PM
Jan 2013
Srry for bumping, but was the thing that Haruhi wanted to end summer vacation was for someone else to act as the brigade leader?
The story hinted this I think when she asked and encouraged everyone to add in what they want to do for summer vacation. Also she was willing to give her status for the day in the bug catching contest. Sorry if I;m looking into this so much but if I'm wrong can anyone tell me what Haruhi wanted to end off summer vacation? Was it really to just help everyone with their homework 0_0?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2013 4:07 AM

Oct 2012
just nagato's same expression.

May 29, 2013 4:09 AM
Jul 2012
Umm those haruhi swimsuits.
May 29, 2013 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
I know a lot of people say we are suppose to get Nagato's feelings across during this arc but uhhh

Didn't the disappearance novel come before the novel with endless eight? Also wasn't the endless eight resolved rather quickly in that?

Now if the anime team wanted to get it across then ok. Strange decision but ok, I can dig it. Still I'm pretty sure you can understand yuki's feelings in the movie even without watching endless eight so uhhh not sure it was necessary. Plus it would have made sense if the disappearance arc occurred during the TV series rather than after. Then I would have understood the intention completely, but since the movie didn't come out right away. It pretty much made you forget about the endless eight arc (If you even bothered to watch it in the first place) and especially the feelings you had during it (unless you're an incredibly bitter person). So yeah...still can't say it was a wise design choice.
hyperknees91May 29, 2013 5:13 PM
Jun 13, 2013 3:53 PM

Jun 2013
hyperknees91 said:
I know a lot of people say we are suppose to get Nagato's feelings across during this arc but uhhh

Didn't the disappearance novel come before the novel with endless eight? Also wasn't the endless eight resolved rather quickly in that?

Now if the anime team wanted to get it across then ok. Strange decision but ok, I can dig it. Still I'm pretty sure you can understand yuki's feelings in the movie even without watching endless eight so uhhh not sure it was necessary. Plus it would have made sense if the disappearance arc occurred during the TV series rather than after. Then I would have understood the intention completely, but since the movie didn't come out right away. It pretty much made you forget about the endless eight arc (If you even bothered to watch it in the first place) and especially the feelings you had during it (unless you're an incredibly bitter person). So yeah...still can't say it was a wise design choice.
To me it was a very wise design choice... In a marketing sense. You can look at it one of two ways here, or both ways concurrently:

First, I think they planned on making the disappearance arc a movie from the very beginning. (Which was a damn good idea, this was a HUGE moment in terms of character development in comparison to the rest of the show. They wanted to pour everything they had into that arc and making a movie of it was the perfect way to do just that). But they knew that if they just made the Endless Eight one episode and released a 7 episode season 2 and not a full 14 ep one, they would be flamed on as being lazy. So they figured "Hey, let's go all out here." And released it in 8.

And Second, They did it not just so you can GET how Nagato felt, they wanted you to feel EXACTLY how Nagato felt (as far as feelings go for her). And they did a damn good job of it. I mean, think about it. How did you feel after watching through the Endless Eight in it's entirety? I'm guessing frustrated, Angry and a bit depressed. Well imagine how Nagato felt. I bet if she could tell you exactly how she felt after the Endless loop, she'd tell you she felt very frustrated, angry and sad. On top of that, even if you figured out what the answer that would end the madness early on like a couple episodes in, you were powerless to do anything. You were merely an OBSERVER. Like Nagato. Besides, no matter who you are, whether you love or loathe this show. You will NEVER, ever, ever forget the Endless Eight.
Jul 15, 2013 7:01 AM

Aug 2011
When I watched Endless Eight, I never have thought about it deeply.

I just watched it, cause I thought it was 'the art'. Though it might be just me.
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Oct 22, 2013 6:44 PM

Sep 2013
THERE IIIS?? Ow, yeah the best tiring line ever " KYON-KUN DENWA"
Apr 22, 2016 10:42 AM

Apr 2016
The time I wasted on it. aside from that, nothing.

I'm surprised no one has commented on this thread in literally one and a half years.
CodeBlazeFateApr 30, 2016 5:30 PM
Apr 30, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2016
Potatsu-san said:
To me it was a very wise design choice... In a marketing sense. You can look at it one of two ways here, or both ways concurrently:

First, I think they planned on making the disappearance arc a movie from the very beginning. (Which was a damn good idea, this was a HUGE moment in terms of character development in comparison to the rest of the show. They wanted to pour everything they had into that arc and making a movie of it was the perfect way to do just that). But they knew that if they just made the Endless Eight one episode and released a 7 episode season 2 and not a full 14 ep one, they would be flamed on as being lazy. So they figured "Hey, let's go all out here." And released it in 8.

And Second, They did it not just so you can GET how Nagato felt, they wanted you to feel EXACTLY how Nagato felt (as far as feelings go for her). And they did a damn good job of it. I mean, think about it. How did you feel after watching through the Endless Eight in it's entirety? I'm guessing frustrated, Angry and a bit depressed. Well imagine how Nagato felt. I bet if she could tell you exactly how she felt after the Endless loop, she'd tell you she felt very frustrated, angry and sad. On top of that, even if you figured out what the answer that would end the madness early on like a couple episodes in, you were powerless to do anything. You were merely an OBSERVER. Like Nagato. Besides, no matter who you are, whether you love or loathe this show. You will NEVER, ever, ever forget the Endless Eight.

Unfortunately, this is where I have to disagree. Both of these points, while they can expose the reasoning behind KyoAni's decisions behind season 2, they do not excuse them.

As for point number 1, this begs the question, why didn't they adapt this material back in season 1? Barring that, considering that they have enough material for a 24 episode series, so why didn't they just insert the endless time loop and Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya arcs into season 1? Not to mention, who said they would've only made 7 episodes if they trimmed down the arc? Also, why 8 episodes for the endless arc? And why 1? This arc cannot be done in 1 episode given both the nature of the show and the nature of this type of plot-line. There should've just been 3 episodes. 1 to establish the arc, 1 to establish both the conflict and a possible solution, and 1 to resolve the arc. This also brings me to my next point.

For point number 2, while I can understand the artistic decision for making us feel like Yuuki Nagato, an artistic decision should NEVER come at the cost of a show's overall quality. It did not need or even have the right to be this long. And before any of you say that we should be thankful they didn't animate all 15,432 or so loops, KyoAni would've been destroyed before loop 100, and no one would live long enough to make it to loop 5,000.

Bottom line, this arc wasn't very good, and to be honest, if they did the very things I just laid out, this act would've actually been decent. I still would've not enjoyed season 2 as much as season 1, due to the arc that proceeded this one. Also, yes we won't forget the endless eight, because that's THREE HOURS WASTED ON A PILE OF EVERLASTING BOREDOM!

Crap, I just realized how ancient Potatsu's post was.
CodeBlazeFateApr 30, 2016 5:29 PM
Nov 1, 2017 2:04 AM
Nov 2012
Kyon's early Nanto naaaaaaku(s)
and Mikuru's brilliant explanation with a barrage of Kinsuku Chikodes

Personally I think 1,2,5,8 added something and are worth watching. It'll also give you enough of the sense of repetition to let you appreciate Nagato's feelings while not being so overbearing.

3,4,6,7 were just boring repetitions

Throughout all the loops, I did enjoy the scene where Kyon chase after Nagato to ask if she's alright
KonichiwaKunNov 1, 2017 2:27 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.