Forum Settings
Forums

THE GREAT DEBATE: Which eye ability is better? Sharingan (Naruto) vs. Geass (Code Geass)?

New
Which eye ability is better? Geass (Code Geass) vs. Sharingan (Naruto)?
Aug 2, 2009 9:47 AM

Sep 2007
Hey everyone,

So if you didn't know, the last debate was deemed...not okay for debating due to mass spoilers than madskizzles and I failed to realize. >< Sorry...

So the new debate is...Which eye ability is better? Sharingan (Naruto) vs. Geass (Code Geass)?

GEASS

Geass, also referred to as the Power of Kings, is a mysterious ability which certain people can bestow upon others. It is represented by a bird-shaped symbol which glows red when active.

A Geass is set as a contract between an immortal and a human who receives a unique power. It manifests in one eye, and with continued use increases in power, eventually becoming uncontrollable and spreading to both eyes. When a Geass is at full power, a person can then become a recipient of the immortal's "Code", that which grants them their power. This new immortal receives the Geass mark somewhere on their body, immunity to Geass, and the ability to make their own contracts with others, while the giver is allowed to die (perpetuating an endless cycle). This process is not necessarily consensual.

Every Geass power has its own unique set of both abilities and limitations (for example, Lelouch's power can only be used once on a given person), allowing for their defeat or victory by someone who is aware of its characteristics. All Geass abilities that have thus far appeared have been related to the mind, influencing things such as emotion, perception, and memory.

SHARINGAN

The Sharingan is a genetic eye technique that naturally occurs in members of the Uchiha clan. It is not immediately present from birth, and first activates in a stressful situation in battle; after this occurrence, the user may utilize the Sharingan freely. When first acquired, the Sharingan has only one tomoe, and as its power increases, two additional tomoe will eventually appear. Kakashi Hatake possesses a single, transplanted Sharingan in his left eye that he received from his teammate, Obito Uchiha. Because he is not a member of the Uchiha clan, Kakashi's Sharingan is always active and he expends chakra rapidly when using it, forcing him to cover it up when not in combat and needing extended rest after long battles. Members of the Uchiha clan expend a negligible amount of chakra when using the Sharingan; Akatsuki member Itachi Uchiha keeps his Sharingan activated constantly.

Over the course of its development, the Sharingan will grant the user three unique abilities. It is most famous in the Naruto world for its ability to memorize and replicate any movement it has seen, allowing the user to copy most opponent's jutsu and use it against them and later opponents. The Sharingan's second ability grants the user increased clarity of perception, allowing them to track and predict the movements and actions of fast-moving objects. This also allows the user to easily recognize genjutsu and different forms of chakra. Its final ability is a brand of hypnosis that suggests actions and thoughts to the opponent, acting as an effective way to produce genjutsu or implant memories in another person.

Debate away!

Courtesy of kashee
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2009 10:15 AM

Dec 2007
I would say the geass. But I don't know .. xD
Aug 2, 2009 10:22 AM

Apr 2008
sharingan
Sig deleted for being too large.
Aug 2, 2009 10:25 AM

Jun 2008
Geass :)

i would like to have geass in one eye, sharingan in other...and byakugan..hmm. maybe in my ass...well it is 360 XD
o rly?
Aug 2, 2009 10:28 AM

May 2009
Geass.. Just control the guy using sharingan. XD

last.fm|twitter|facebook (yeah right)
Aug 2, 2009 10:29 AM
Nov 2008
For me I think Sharingan ability it's better than Geass
Aug 2, 2009 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
Funny. The best Eye ability is the Eye of Death Perception!
But to be on topic. The geass is usefull, but far from almighty. In contrast the sharingan is extremely dangerous. Now imagine Lelouch burning Suzaku's lancelot in an instant with his eyes. That's the power of (Mangeryou) Sharingan. With that Lelouch would be unbeatable in the CG world. Perhaps if you meant in sharingan the improved one. It allows the user to disort space or use it as an ultimate form of mental torture. And perhaps the black flames that consume everything in sight(Amataretsu?)
Aug 2, 2009 10:31 AM

Oct 2008
Hmm... Geass
Aug 2, 2009 10:31 AM

May 2009
wow .. @thnxaznHoopsfan for choosing my topic ...

i thing sharingan is way better thn geass .... and its way more unrestricted thn geass which cn only b used 1ce on a person
Aug 2, 2009 10:37 AM

Jan 2009
Geass, definitely.
Edit: @Monad, fine, I'll fill out my opinion.
Geass would make a more formidable enemy than the Sharingan, due to various reasons.
For example, if we center around Lelouch's Geass, he can give absolutely Any order to a person through the use of his Geass, even though it's just once per person. Meeting with a hostile Sharingan user would therefore not be a problem, since he would easily be neutralized with a simple kill command.
What the "normal" Sharingan does is simply .. well.. let's call it a high-speed camera, which allows its user to (more examples,) be able to see and copy enemy movements.
Sure, if it were a more advanced Sharingan, you could of course cast a potent illusion upon your enemy, but taking different kinds of Sharingan into account, we'll also have to take into account that there are different kinds of Geass too. A few more examples of this, wiping memories, which indeed could prove useful, and being able to hear other people's thoughts.

tl;dr, Geass wins
OosranAug 2, 2009 11:01 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 2, 2009 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
I always thought that the purpose of a debate if for people to give a reasonable answer on why they support the thing they support. One word answers is NOT a debate. Is just a poll.
Aug 2, 2009 10:56 AM
May 2008
geass
Aug 2, 2009 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
Geass
Aug 2, 2009 11:23 AM

Mar 2008
instant mind control, what are you going to do about it?
Aug 2, 2009 11:36 AM

May 2009
Geass
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Aug 2, 2009 12:03 PM

Apr 2008
Geas, of course, and only because of Rolo's geass. What can you do about that? I'd laugh so hard seeing Sasuke getting his ass handed over to him by Rolo =D
Aug 2, 2009 12:08 PM

Jul 2007
Geass, hands down. ;D

Aug 2, 2009 12:13 PM

Nov 2008
this is a hard 1........
but i'm chosin geass

Aug 2, 2009 12:18 PM

May 2008
Well, let's see...

Sharingan:

Geass:

Err...I would write some kinda of standoff against both the users in a hypothetical battle, but both worlds are entirely different. So, pass.

Oh, I went with Sharingan, by the way. All hail Itachi.

Edit: added in awesome spoiler tags. Just in case.
Seventh-ProdigyAug 2, 2009 12:31 PM

Aug 2, 2009 12:29 PM

Apr 2009
GEASS IS THE BEST
Aug 2, 2009 12:47 PM
Dec 2007
Sharingan
Aug 2, 2009 12:49 PM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
geass wins unless its the highest lvl sharingan. controll over dimensions > controll over people unless you can controll the ppl that controll the dimension. lol
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Aug 2, 2009 1:27 PM

Feb 2008
I'll post a longer answer later.However,my answer would be 'Sharingan'.It defeats the Geass in so many ways (its capabilities are innumerable).
Aug 2, 2009 1:35 PM

Jan 2009
fatstarr said:
geass wins unless its the highest lvl sharingan. controll over dimensions > controll over people unless you can controll the ppl that controll the dimension. lol

Which technically should be possible.
JadedGoth said:
I'll post a longer answer later.However,my answer would be 'Sharingan'.It defeats the Geass in so many ways (its capabilities are innumerable).

And as far as I know, the possibilities for different Geass abilities are quite many too, although we only get to see a few in Code Geass.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 2, 2009 1:55 PM

Apr 2008
I'd have to say Geass is better. After all, there are lots of different abilities of Geass while the Sharingan only has three. While Mangekyo might be more powerful then Geass (though we've only seen three abilities of that a well, at least so far) the price of obtaining the Mangekyo would keep mosty people from getting it. At least that's how I feel.
Aug 2, 2009 1:56 PM

Feb 2008
Oosran said:
JadedGoth said:

And as far as I know, the possibilities for different Geass abilities are quite many too, although we only get to see a few in Code Geass.
That maybe true as it was hinted in the anime (the Geass works in mysterious ways,not much is known about it).Like the Death Note,the Geass and the Sharingan,obviously,have limitations and consequences.I like the Sharingan better as :

1. Unlike the Geass,you can use it even on the same person multiple times without its effects being compromised.
2. Sharingan has its sublevels - You can do so much with it.
3. Yes,I know using the Mangekyo may cause blindness due to over-usage etc. but if it's used less but when in need,it's advantageous.
4. Geass may hypnotize/brain-wash like the Sharingan but,like I mentioned before,you can not use it on the same person again.Its effects are much more intense than the Geass,I would believe.

Right,over and out.I like, both,the Geass AND the Sharingan but,as I had to choose the better option,I chose the Sharingan.It's only my opinion,no one has to agree. =)
JadedGothAug 2, 2009 1:59 PM
Aug 2, 2009 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
I would say Sharingan. Beacuse for geass, you can only use it on the person once, for sharingan, as many times possible before you become blind. But geass is limited also, you will be mad like mao. Although Geass is ultimate, youo can mind-rape someone enough to do your will.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 2, 2009 4:19 PM
Dec 2007
People keep forgetting limitations change depending on the person. The Geass is entirely based on the person possessing it. As was shown later on, there are plenty of Geass users with limitations that vary away from the one-user thing and there were some with no apparent limitations.

I won't vote since I don't know enough of the other ability but I just wanted to point out that only Lelouch's Geass had a one-person limit as far as I remember. Heck, Lelouch's mother had an ability that only worked in death (soul transfer).

Aug 2, 2009 4:25 PM

Jan 2009
Leon-Gun said:
People keep forgetting limitations change depending on the person. The Geass is entirely based on the person possessing it. As was shown later on, there are plenty of Geass users with limitations that vary away from the one-user thing and there were some with no apparent limitations.

Thanks, you just confirmed what I was unsure of.
That works as a perfect counter against what Emovation said earlier.

Although there are still the two biggest risks of using each of these abilities. Sharingan with the risk of getting blind, and Geass with the risk of losing the ability to control your power.
Aug 2, 2009 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
DarkHeroine said:
GEASS IS THE BEST

thats right becus thars no geting out of it after cout
Aug 2, 2009 5:17 PM

Oct 2008
Geass is the God's Eyes

Remember that your dreams are the wings that will help you fly
Aug 2, 2009 9:21 PM

Sep 2007
i have to go with the sharingan...since like kashee said sharingan can be used more unrestrictedly than geass as geass to the point of my knowledge has bad side effects for constant use and most if not all geass cannot last that long e.g. rolo whose powers could not last too long for example...but geass is indeed quite a powerful tool to have...but i have to go with the sharingan cause i wouldn't want the sharingan to be used on me...basically if i had to choose between the geass used on me and the sharingan used on me....i'd have to go with geass since the powers of the sharingan is that much scarier :P
Aug 2, 2009 9:25 PM

Sep 2007
Sharingan. Controlling dimensions (at higher levels) owns controlling minds/memories. Any day. Rendering a dimension where the Geass couldn't work means game over.
Aug 2, 2009 9:57 PM

Apr 2008
aznHoopsfan said:
Sharingan. Controlling dimensions (at higher levels) owns controlling minds/memories. Any day. Rendering a dimension where the Geass couldn't work means game over.

If I'm not mistaken you don't really controll dimensions. We've only seen Kakashi use the dimension trick once and it wasn't controlling it, it was simply sending or rather attempting to send Deidara to another dimension. Also, it was a Mangekyo ability and there aren't that many people who would pay the price for obtaining it.
Aug 3, 2009 1:58 AM

Dec 2007
I can't imagine anything from Naruto being good.
Aug 3, 2009 2:21 AM

Sep 2007
GEASS for the win. :]

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Aug 3, 2009 5:08 AM

Feb 2009
GEASS!!

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Aug 3, 2009 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
Geass, definitely.

Motoharu said:
GEASS for the win. :]

i find it strange that you prefer Geass, yet you have a Sharingan avatar. xD
Aug 3, 2009 9:16 AM

May 2007
Geass of course. Just kill/control the guy with Sharingan, problem solved.
Aug 3, 2009 11:10 AM

May 2008
Oosran said:
fatstarr said:

Which technically should be possible.

Possible? Sure.
Having the ability to make eye contact with a ninja with a sharingan and being able to issue a command faster than they can trap you in an illusion/use a silly clone technique? Why do I doubt it?

Anyways, I think we're all assuming that the only Geass there is, is Lelouch's, which isn't the case at all.

Aug 3, 2009 11:13 AM

Jan 2009
Seventh-Prodigy said:
Anyways, I think we're all assuming that the only Geass there is, is Lelouch's, which isn't the case at all.

Some may be doing that, but well, there are pretty much as many different abilities possible for a Geass as there are with Sharingan, if I'm not too far off.
Aug 3, 2009 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
Geass most definitely.
Aug 4, 2009 2:21 AM
Jul 2009
Geass, it's stronger than sharingan in every possible way...well, that's what i think oo'
Say you want, you say you need; you can take it all from me.
I'll call the debt one day. Marks of blood you'll have to pay.
Lost on trails of fear and spite, unrelenting, hopeless night.
This twisted dream will die When the Cicadas Cry.

higurashi no naku koro ni <3
Aug 4, 2009 11:47 AM

Mar 2008
Sharingan sure is useful but you can die or go insane for using Geass. I vote for Geass ^^
Aug 6, 2009 7:14 AM

Jun 2008
Seventh-Prodigy said:
All hail Itachi.

This.

Sharingan for me. It has lots of capabilities either to the enemy or user itself. Geass has too although the limitations are so quite visible.

Lee Min Ho//MatsuJun=Love. 'Nuff said.
Aug 7, 2009 11:27 PM

Nov 2008
I guess it turned out to be a popularity contest...Geass's hype still exists and in well health.:)
Aug 8, 2009 7:37 AM

Apr 2009
GIYASSU. IT'S MORE POWERFUL and more useful and more convenient :D all hail geass!! :D
Aug 9, 2009 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
Well, the newest naruto chapter revealed another Sharrigan power that has even greater power to control somone's mind. All that votes on Geass just the hype and the lack of knownledge about the Sharingan's true powers.
Aug 9, 2009 3:13 PM

Jan 2009
willyvereb said:
All that votes on Geass just the hype and the lack of knownledge about the Sharingan's true powers.

Well, I think the same goes for Geass, I'm quite sure there are many more abilities from Geass that we just don't know about, since, as with both of these eye-abilities, they amount of potential variations is pretty much.. unlimited.. I think
Aug 28, 2009 9:54 AM
Jun 2007
ALright let daddy explain to yall lol.
THe sharingan is way better WAY BETTER!!!! the reason being because there are levels to sharingan. If you take the final sharigan such as the Mangekyo and someone lets take a code geass character looks directly into the eye there screwed. Itachi Uchiha's ablility is to torture you with his 72 hour torture do you really think a Geass character could handle that. Also Kakashi Hatake's Mangekyo can control dimensions so basiclly he can send or teleport something into another dimmension for all eternity. Trust me with the sharingans ability to copy moves and personality traits, there is no argument SHARINGAN would win hands down.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who is the better strategist? Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Light Yagami ( 1 2 )

madskizzles - Jul 29, 2009

53 by 0__Raven__0 »»
May 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Is Kira/Light's view of the world correct or is killing of criminals wrong?

aznHoopsfan - Nov 28, 2009

45 by MATTY_22 »»
Jun 1, 2017 7:59 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who's more psycho? Shion Sonozaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) vs. Lucy (Elfen Lied)?

aznHoopsfan - Sep 18, 2009

39 by toothless1504 »»
Jan 27, 2017 12:32 AM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which is better? Girls with guns or guys with swords? ( 1 2 )

aznHoopsfan - Nov 6, 2009

59 by Menchrese »»
Oct 24, 2015 8:02 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which series was more twisted? Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni vs. School Days

aznHoopsfan - Aug 7, 2009

32 by frequency15k »»
Apr 7, 2015 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.