Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 7, 2023 1:39 AM

Jun 2019
This was Peak Epicness!
Oct 15, 2023 4:00 AM
Oct 2023
Naruto gets knocked out
Ref: 699, 700, 701, 702, ok he's good. Continue

Neji gets knocked out
Ref: 1, 2, 3, winner Naruto
Oct 15, 2023 4:02 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Yasminaa
Ok, I have a question now:
Is Naruto the one winning the tournament?
Or, Is it the Kyuubi that is really winning?
Because, it seems that every time Naruto gets completely worn out and almost loses to his opponent, the only thing that saves the day is the Kyuubi's powers NOT Natuto's. Yes, of course, the Kyuubi is trapped inside Naruto and this is why it's moving through him as a vessel, but this does not negate the fact that, with Natuto's powers alone, he probably wouldn't have won a lot of the fights he had.
So, What do you think guys?

One more thing: How did Naruto identify that the "other chakra" belongs exactly to the nine tailed fox (the Kyuubi)?
Yes, Naruto was feeling the existence of a different chakra inside of him, but, if I remember correctly, no one has mentioned that there's a Kyuubi trapped inside of him. So, How did he link that other chakra to specially the Kyuubi if he doesn't even know about him?

I need help.

@Yasminaa Naruto saw the fox in the falling episode. Plus that traitor guy in episode one told him didn't he?
Oct 15, 2023 4:08 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to kxbby
sure naruto has worked hard, but that doesn't mean he isn't also just following his destiny. this plot seems half baked and goes in a circle logically. they could easily push the "free will over destiny" thing but it's more of a "you can change your destiny" which is dumb and contradicts what destiny even is. naruto controlling the foxes chakra was cool, although the fight itself wasn't that great. hoping he outgrows spamming shadow clones soon
@kxbby That my friend is called a paradox. Naruto's destiny is to change his destiny. :)

But you're seeing it through the lens of a viewer, that knows Naruto's the main character. They're saying it from the point of view of Naruto and the people in that point in time. Naruto is a heldback, joke. And he's training to be an assassin. That's what everyone else sees. So they assume that's his destiny. But we know it's not.
Oct 15, 2023 4:19 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to LordQuaz
It's ironic how much Naruto as a show repeats the theme of dedication being enough to overcome destiny and intrinsic talent, and yet Naruto himself succeeds because he has an intrinsic, special ability that no one else has; the Nine-Tails Chakra. Like, while Naruto goes on and on about pushing yourself, Neji ultimately has the right of it, at least in this specific scenario. Naruto is very much the "destined, chosen one from birth" archetype. If anything, Lee is the character that actually embodies pure effort with no intrinsic advantage, and at this point in the show, he lies broken in the hospital. I wonder if this irony was intentional on the writer's part, or if it it's just a critical oversight. Either way, I'm interested to see how this dynamic is dealt with down the line, having not yet seen Shippuuden...
@LordQuaz Demon powers aren't unique. Gaara has a demon in him too. The only difference, is Naruto likes dropping erasers on Kakashi's head. Gaara kills people.

Naruto is a joke his whole life, so that's what everyone treats him like in the show. So everyone assumes that's Naruto's destiny. You and I know Naruto is a main character, so we know he's got a special destiny. But the people in the show don't.
Oct 15, 2023 9:22 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to pipipipipipi
@kxbby That my friend is called a paradox. Naruto's destiny is to change his destiny. :)

But you're seeing it through the lens of a viewer, that knows Naruto's the main character. They're saying it from the point of view of Naruto and the people in that point in time. Naruto is a heldback, joke. And he's training to be an assassin. That's what everyone else sees. So they assume that's his destiny. But we know it's not.
@pipipipipipi I can accept that more now, but I do remember being pissed thinking about it logically haha.
Oct 15, 2023 4:43 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to pipipipipipi
@Yasminaa Naruto saw the fox in the falling episode. Plus that traitor guy in episode one told him didn't he?
@pipipipipipi Still, Who is really winning the tournament?
Nov 26, 2023 8:42 AM

Jul 2017
such an unfair match, they want Naruto to win so bad. Neji won in my book.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 220 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Alicia3000 - Aug 31, 2009

125 by alexa0717 »»
May 7, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 68 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 3, 2009

32 by Losho »»
May 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

goodevilgenius - Aug 28, 2007

65 by Faunaseer »»
May 2, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 23 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 6, 2008

28 by luanacsz »»
Apr 30, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.