Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2009 6:08 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome.

Nov 17, 2009 9:59 PM

Jun 2009
This is what I'm talking about!!!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 16, 2010 12:21 AM

Nov 2008
Naruto wins! Yay!

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jun 3, 2010 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
One word: EPIC.

Jul 10, 2010 12:21 PM

Dec 2009
Awesome , for a moment i really tough Neiji was going to win >_> ..
Jul 28, 2010 7:20 AM

Feb 2010
that was pretty epic lol

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Sep 29, 2010 3:03 AM

Oct 2008
Woo.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 11, 2011 9:34 PM

Mar 2010
Sneaky, sneaky Naruto.. Ha ha! Pretty good episode. I liked it, overall. Looking forward to the next!
Apr 23, 2011 7:24 PM

Jun 2009
"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!" were the words that came out of my mouth when Naruto shoots out from the ground and upper cuts Neiji, fucking wicked finish. Man, this episode really illustrates how far Naruto has come.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 23, 2011 8:48 PM

Feb 2009
insan3soldiern said:
"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!" were the words that came out of my mouth when Naruto shoots out from the ground and upper cuts Neiji, fucking wicked finish. Man, this episode really illustrates how far Naruto has come.

Yes man, this finishing move was amazing. When you see who Naruto faces this round you can't help but wonder how will he win.

Haku -> Kiba -> Neji -> and it gets better!
Oct 22, 2011 5:56 AM
Aug 2009
Go Naruto!!!!
Apr 3, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
It all got very Dragon Ball Z in this episode... not sure what I think of that :| But Naruto's final punch was AMAZING! Totally wasn't expecting that, and I'm glad he won because Neji's attitude was annoying to say the least.
Apr 21, 2013 12:56 PM

Mar 2013
Fucking great episode.
Jun 19, 2013 3:35 AM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one who absolutely hates how Naruto keeps forcing his own ideals and bleieves onto other people? If you grew up in a family where your branch is the lesser one which holds no individual value and can be disposed of any time + your father was sacreficed to save the life of the head of the main branch, of course you become skeptic about "purpose of life" and "destiny", if you're just treated like a tool and even have a destruction curse put on you, who the hell does Naruto think he is to tell Neji he shouldn't think like that? Urgh, I hate characters like him who don't realize their own situation is different form the person they are talking to, so whatever he believes in doesn't mean it has to be better than what Neji believes in and grew up with >.<
Jun 19, 2013 8:12 AM

Nov 2010
Animefanx3 said:
Am I the only one who absolutely hates how Naruto keeps forcing his own ideals and bleieves onto other people? If you grew up in a family where your branch is the lesser one which holds no individual value and can be disposed of any time + your father was sacreficed to save the life of the head of the main branch, of course you become skeptic about "purpose of life" and "destiny", if you're just treated like a tool and even have a destruction curse put on you, who the hell does Naruto think he is to tell Neji he shouldn't think like that? Urgh, I hate characters like him who don't realize their own situation is different form the person they are talking to, so whatever he believes in doesn't mean it has to be better than what Neji believes in and grew up with >.<
Why not?
Mar 21, 2014 6:50 PM

Nov 2012
holy shit that was epic...DAT FINISH!!!

naruto...the number one ninja at surprising people!!!

it also seems like neiji was feeling the effects of naruto's therapy no jutsu at the end there too, haha
Apr 7, 2014 9:10 PM

Dec 2013
(internally screaming)
Jun 24, 2014 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
Animefanx3 said:

Haha, silly. Naruto is showing people that they create their destiny and just because you are shat upon your entire life, it doesn't mean that you have to believe you aren't worth anything.

Anyway! I was super excited about this fight. Not only did Naruto show Neji that he doesn't have to be the mark put on him, but he also overcame the odds. Naruto has come so far, and I am seriously stoked to see where he goes from here!
Aug 2, 2014 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, so EPIC
THAT WHY THIS ANIME IS MY FAVOURITE. GOD, so AWESOME
Aug 16, 2014 12:19 AM
May 2012
FUCK YEAH ADKLHALIYHLSJJHAHDJAKHSOLIHASLHASLKAHS
THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!
Jan 30, 2015 11:04 AM

Nov 2014
Rewatching!

What a finish, amazing fight.
Aug 12, 2015 6:03 AM

Jan 2011
Animefanx3 said:

I don't think Naruto has been forcing his ideals onto anyone. He doesn't think his opinions are "better" either..he just doesn't agree with what Neji is saying. He rejects Neji's opinions regarding destiny and purpose because Naruto knows that those things are never set in stone -- ultimately you can make your own path and create your own destiny.
He understands Neji's character very well and knows that Neji's hate towards Hinata and her family is misdirected..and he happens to be right about it, too. Naruto's "curse" in this case is the Nine Tailed Fox seal. Like Neji, he didn't get to choose his destiny of having that curse..it was given to him at birth. But despite that, Naruto knows that fate and destiny can be changed. He is able to fight his "curse" and control the Nine Tailed Fox demon. Even though he failed his test three times and everyone thought he was a failure -- he proved to himself and everyone else that he can and will achieve his dream of becoming a Hokage.

Sorry if that was a little long but if anything, Naruto is helping all of these characters grow as he grows, too.
Apr 29, 2016 5:48 PM

Sep 2010
Face the power of the main character!

Well, at least in Naruto that power is not a random nakama powerup and power of friendship but rather.

Muahaha, I have the demon fox inside me and I can use it!
Sep 21, 2016 8:47 AM
Aug 2016
Naruto have power to change people :P
Mar 4, 2017 10:38 PM

Oct 2008
EPIC. :D ILY Naruto.

(On a side note, why does Tenten get her 60 seconds of screen time still? Rewatching this I suddenly have an intense dislike for her. Her personality is boring, her hair is boring, even her non-ninja outfit is boring. Just GTFO Tenten why do you exist? XD)
((Kidding!...kinda.))
Mar 10, 2017 8:29 PM

Dec 2016
SUCH A GOOD FUCKING FIGHT!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 11, 2017 5:03 PM
Feb 2017
cool and all but they are racist with black peopelas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

Goodby m frands
Sep 1, 2017 6:14 PM

May 2012
Epic episode and finish of this battle, to be honest I quite doubted Naruto actually winning this battle, but well he has done it guys and boy was it amazing! Really lovely episode and finish of this first battle.
Feb 7, 2018 6:37 AM
Sep 2014
"The number one Ninja at surprising people"
Aug 8, 2018 4:01 PM
Jan 2017
naruto never disappoints. im lowkey mad at myself for neglecting this anime for so long
Jul 20, 2019 9:50 PM

Mar 2015
Our boy Naruto keeps growing, I love it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 23, 2019 2:14 PM

Mar 2019
Yesss,let Naruto be recognized.I love his episode!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 10, 2019 6:38 PM
Dec 2019
This episode it's about Naruto vs Neji biyakugan vs nine tail power
Dec 3, 2020 3:45 AM

Nov 2020
I think this is my favorite episode yet. Also, this might be a kind of unpopular opinion, but I really love Neji. I can't wait to see how his character develops.
Dec 5, 2020 1:39 PM
Jun 2020
Naruto's a g... that's all
Jan 7, 2021 6:49 AM

May 2020
A neat battle to watch! I agree, it's epic.
Feb 18, 2021 4:37 PM

Dec 2007
seriously i totally foresaw that punch to become from below and that body to be clone, how could neji missed that? ><

anyway, that was exciting battle, though i excepted little more in naruot with kyubi chakra than tools battle, i excepted more that punch of naruto in haku back then, still was great though.
Nov 21, 2021 9:21 PM
Jul 2016
wake-up shoryuken!!
Jun 19, 2022 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
I imagine the reaction of people seeing the 2 talking while they should have been kickin' ass.
Jul 11, 2022 5:19 AM
Sep 2021
Naruto won against neji hyuga, Believe it.
I give this episode 6/10.
AnimeSrkJul 11, 2022 5:30 AM
Sep 2, 2022 8:18 PM
Jun 2021
it was awesomeeeeeee
Sep 25, 2022 12:24 PM
Jan 2022
Naruto was so cool in this ep.
Dec 19, 2022 3:54 PM

Sep 2017
It's ironic how much Naruto as a show repeats the theme of dedication being enough to overcome destiny and intrinsic talent, and yet Naruto himself succeeds because he has an intrinsic, special ability that no one else has; the Nine-Tails Chakra. Like, while Naruto goes on and on about pushing yourself, Neji ultimately has the right of it, at least in this specific scenario. Naruto is very much the "destined, chosen one from birth" archetype. If anything, Lee is the character that actually embodies pure effort with no intrinsic advantage, and at this point in the show, he lies broken in the hospital. I wonder if this irony was intentional on the writer's part, or if it it's just a critical oversight. Either way, I'm interested to see how this dynamic is dealt with down the line, having not yet seen Shippuuden...
LordQuazDec 19, 2022 3:57 PM
Feb 26, 2023 11:41 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
That episode was THE BALLS.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐼𝒻 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒,
𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎’𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔. *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Mar 13, 2023 7:28 AM
May 2021
YESSS NARUTOOOOOOO
Apr 21, 2023 10:05 AM
Sep 2018
very good fights. I liked narutos confidence and excitement after winning
Jul 23, 2023 7:33 AM
Mar 2017
sure naruto has worked hard, but that doesn't mean he isn't also just following his destiny. this plot seems half baked and goes in a circle logically. they could easily push the "free will over destiny" thing but it's more of a "you can change your destiny" which is dumb and contradicts what destiny even is. naruto controlling the foxes chakra was cool, although the fight itself wasn't that great. hoping he outgrows spamming shadow clones soon
kxbbyJul 23, 2023 7:50 AM
Jul 29, 2023 6:39 PM
Feb 2022
Bien domado quedaste Neji. Seguí hablando desde las gradas ahora.
Aug 15, 2023 2:53 PM
Aug 2021
Ok, I have a question now:
Is Naruto the one winning the tournament?
Or, Is it the Kyuubi that is really winning?
Because, it seems that every time Naruto gets completely worn out and almost loses to his opponent, the only thing that saves the day is the Kyuubi's powers NOT Natuto's. Yes, of course, the Kyuubi is trapped inside Naruto and this is why it's moving through him as a vessel, but this does not negate the fact that, with Natuto's powers alone, he probably wouldn't have won a lot of the fights he had.
So, What do you think guys?

One more thing: How did Naruto identify that the "other chakra" belongs exactly to the nine tailed fox (the Kyuubi)?
Yes, Naruto was feeling the existence of a different chakra inside of him, but, if I remember correctly, no one has mentioned that there's a Kyuubi trapped inside of him. So, How did he link that other chakra to specially the Kyuubi if he doesn't even know about him?

I need help.

Aug 15, 2023 2:57 PM
Aug 2021
LordQuaz said:
It's ironic how much Naruto as a show repeats the theme of dedication being enough to overcome destiny and intrinsic talent, and yet Naruto himself succeeds because he has an intrinsic, special ability that no one else has; the Nine-Tails Chakra. Like, while Naruto goes on and on about pushing yourself, Neji ultimately has the right of it, at least in this specific scenario. Naruto is very much the "destined, chosen one from birth" archetype. If anything, Lee is the character that actually embodies pure effort with no intrinsic advantage, and at this point in the show, he lies broken in the hospital. I wonder if this irony was intentional on the writer's part, or if it it's just a critical oversight. Either way, I'm interested to see how this dynamic is dealt with down the line, having not yet seen Shippuuden...
This is exactly what I was thinking watching this episode. Please read my comment here as well and reply if you can with what you think. 
Thank you!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 97 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

27 by Darzaka »»
Yesterday, 10:26 AM

» Who is your favourite and cool character ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 8, 2023

49 by Zhenro »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 208 Discussion

jimboli92 - Jul 10, 2011

15 by towerd103 »»
Apr 20, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 141 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

27 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.