Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2009 4:42 AM

Jan 2009
just like the title says,
why do you like masamune or what do you like about him??
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 23, 2009 5:35 AM

Dec 2007
I like his character and how he's fighting. (and voice and "are you ready guys ?" etc xD)
Jul 23, 2009 6:29 AM

Sep 2008
he's cool! XD
and i love the voice! it fits masamune-sama!
he's also my favorite in the game..
=)
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Jul 24, 2009 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
Because it's impossible not to like him.

Jul 24, 2009 7:39 PM

Oct 2008
Masamune-sama is a leader worthy of entrusting your life to as that he considers the lives of his subordinates as important as his own because a clan cannot be a clan without unity. The success of conquest relies on the fact that the will of Masamune-sama is the equivalent of the will of everyone else in his clan. I cannot find a leader in this day and age to be as honorable and capable of Masamune-sama. Of course, during the Sengoku era.. There is Takeda Shingen who seems to be just as honorable and even more kind compared to Date Masamune. However, I do not agree with Takeda-dono's treatment of enemy units as that providing them shelter and heal their wounds will only one day come back to haunt him and his clan. It is merely foolishness..

Masamune-sama is somewhat of a badass. Although Katakura Kojuurou managed to devise a very effective strategy for him to follow and succeed in the conquest to rule over the country yet he chooses to disband the group and charge right into the enemy's traps recklessly. Then again, perhaps he had already predicted as to how Katakura Kojuurou will make a move to follow his suit in a much more effective way. On the contrary, I could just be over-estimating Masamune-sama's capabilities as that the guy could just be plain reckless. Nonetheless, I like to see Date Masamune succeed in the Sengoku conquest as that he is most fit!!!
Sep 14, 2009 8:00 AM

Jan 2009
He's so hot and cool
and his voice (Kazuya Nakai) is so sexy desu ^^
Sep 25, 2009 2:44 AM

Nov 2008
his "are you ready guys. put your guns on!" and fighting style is epic

Jan 8, 2010 3:30 AM

Dec 2009
I like everything about him but mostly i like his fighting style!
Jan 15, 2010 4:38 PM
Nov 2009
I like the character's personality and voice actor. That and I'm a fan of the real Date Masamune from history.
Permissum incendia exuro profundus intus vos.
extraho of nox noctis ago in.
Mar 9, 2010 9:09 PM

Sep 2009
The occasional sudden English curses he said made him a hilarious character to watch.
last.fm || DeviantArt
POCKY POCKY POCKY☆苺オブラート♪♪
Mar 19, 2010 11:57 AM
Mar 2010
He is f.ckin' badass I love him beacuse his fighting style , his battle cries , his clothing and eye patch , six fangs of the dragon ... EVERYTHING
May 15, 2010 8:56 AM

Feb 2009
Because of his fighting style..Not everyone can hold and use six swords katana at a time...
Jun 28, 2010 6:52 AM

Aug 2009
I greatly respect the real-life Date Masamune. He was well 'ard! ECKSDEE.
He had that amazing distinctive helmet and, believe or not, I love eyepatches, which automatically makes me love him even more.
Sengoku BASARA's Date Masamune is just awesomeness on legs, thanks to his six-sword fighting style, his Engrish and the fact that he's a total bish <3
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 1, 2010 1:34 PM
Jan 2010
Because he is so cool like Dante. He is also badass and very goodl samurai.
Nov 2, 2010 11:37 PM

Dec 2009
he is a great person, I love his style, one of my favorite of the game!! and a great rival of Sanada Yuki <33
Nov 21, 2010 11:03 PM

Oct 2007
I like him because is a great person and doesn't let his people down, his fighting style is amazing and he is so cool ^^
“I dream. Sometimes I think that's the only right thing to do.” - Haruki Murakami
Aug 18, 2011 1:12 AM
Jun 2011
I just... love him <3 He's hooot and so cool *w*
Feb 20, 2012 5:27 AM

Feb 2009
Love him 'cause he's cool, sexy and love his fighting style *-*
Jun 12, 2012 5:23 PM

Apr 2012
Because he's so sexy ♥.♥
Jun 17, 2012 12:41 PM
Feb 2011
I love how cocky he is! I think his confidence and (sexy) use of engrish are totally awesome! Also how many war lords are there that can say they wield six swords?

HIS OUTFITS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER INVENTED! Even his coat has spiky thingys XD!!!
Mar 31, 2013 5:29 AM

Jun 2011
There are too many reasons to mention <3
I simply love him for who he is. He's a great leader and a very honest person who does what he believes in and works hard to fulfill his ambitions. He trusts his comrades, treats them with respect and wouldn't abandon them no matter what.
He's also a much deeper character than on the first glance, and I always end up loving that type of characters. He is responsible and ready to take the consenquences of his deeds (for example, in the movie, he openly told Ishida he was the one who killed Hideyoshi and that he's the only one Ishida should take revenge on, he didn't want to allow people who had nothing to do with it to get involved).
I like the way he treats other characters, as well (like his rivals and enemies), he doesn't hesistate to show respect for them if he thinks they deserve it. Also, he was pretty much openly kind to Itsuki xD (in the manga, at least xD)
He is reckless from time to time, but that's another thing which makes me love him even more because it shows he's also human, with both his good and bad traits.
Despite being somehow rough most of the times (though this alone was enough to fall for him xD), if you pay attention to all of this, you notice how actually kind and what a great person he is.
Sure, some other reasons why I love him are his battle style, his voice (Nakai-san was already my favorite seiyuu and Masamune made me love him even more <3), his badass and energetic side, one of the most amazing character designs I've ever seen etc. xD
And thanks to him and Sengoku Basara in general, I really got interested in the Sengoku era and am thankful to him because of that ^^ (I really came to respect the historical Date Masamune, as well and his past & entire life somehow gave me even a deeper impression on this one, as well.)
Unfrotunately, I haven't got the chance to play the games yet, but I'm sure they'll make me love him even more if that's even possible xD ^^
There might be something I forgot to mention, but all of this makes Date Masamune one of the greatest characters I've ever met and he'll probably stay one of my all time favorite fictional characters for a long time ^^

P. S. I tried to fangirl as less as I could, dunno if I managed xD
Kyo-Aug 9, 2013 5:42 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Wanna Be Admin , Officer .. come Here !

Kaim - May 25, 2009

3 by Kyo- »»
Mar 31, 2013 5:36 AM

» Masamune Date's Icons

Kaim - Jun 21, 2009

6 by ae-werin »»
Mar 20, 2010 7:50 AM

» Videos

Kira01 - Jun 15, 2009

5 by houmei »»
Jun 26, 2009 1:13 AM

» Cosplay

Kira01 - Jun 15, 2009

0 by Kira01 »»
Jun 15, 2009 7:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.