Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 19, 2009 2:55 AM

Aug 2008
A huge percentage of you are really starting to complain about this new season. I agree the Endless Eight arch is long and repetitive, but that's exactly what it's supposed to be. After watching these last 5 episodes, can you even start to imagine what Yuki has gone through the last 595 years?

I guarantee it will end, and Haruhi will continue to amaze and dazzle people. Just be patient you guys, there's no need for everyone to write reviews and giving the series a 1.

Anyway, I look forward to when Haruhi finishes and continues to the next arch, which luckily won't be long.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 19, 2009 3:02 AM

Apr 2009
Kyaura said:
A huge percentage of you are really starting to complain about this new season. I agree the Endless Eight arch is long and repetitive, but that's exactly what it's supposed to be. After watching these last 5 episodes, can you even start to imagine what Yuki has gone through the last 595 years?

I guarantee it will end, and Haruhi will continue to amaze and dazzle people. Just be patient you guys, there's no need for everyone to write reviews and giving the series a 1.

Anyway, I look forward to when Haruhi finishes and continues to the next arch, which luckily won't be long.

This can all be summarized in one word.

Nyoro~n.
Jul 19, 2009 3:03 AM
Oct 2008
Don't be crazy they could have put all those episodes in one ep and + Yuki isn't a real person.
So cry~

rosternJul 19, 2009 3:19 AM
Jul 19, 2009 3:13 AM

Mar 2009
Have you read original novels? Endless eight is just a short side-story without any major influences on global plot. What's the reason to make 6 (7... 8... who knows?) episodes long? As said above, EE can be easily fit in one or two episodes. Each EE episode means, one less episode will be dedicated to more interesting and important stories.
Jul 19, 2009 3:28 AM
Mar 2009
Man, the OP is really slow on the uptake isn't he? People have been bitching for WEEKS, and he's only just making a thread? And aren't there already threads for this? In fact, what you typed as your opening post should be in one of those threads.

This thread is a waste of server space.

In b4 lock, move to spam or deletion.

Jul 19, 2009 2:02 PM

Apr 2008
whether op is late or not, they speak the truth.

Jul 19, 2009 2:11 PM

Mar 2009
NEVER!
I WILL NEVER CALM DOWN!
RAEG!

I'm joking.
The reason they're focusing on this will probably be for Disappearance when it comes, so those that say "Yuki isn't a real person so it doesn't matter" are stupid.
Endless Eight still doesn't bother me; I just won't be buying on it on DVD.
Probably.
Jul 19, 2009 2:20 PM
Nov 2007
No, the real reason Kyoani are doing Endless Eight like this is because they love Beautiful Dreamer so much.
Jul 19, 2009 2:33 PM

Sep 2007
Oh god... Thanks to this I'm lowering my 2/10 score to 1 just for you.
Also this thread is horrible and you should feel bad for creating it.
Jul 19, 2009 2:44 PM

Nov 2007
This series has been rated down by so much.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 19, 2009 3:22 PM
Jun 2008
This series has been overhyped for too long!
And i think artistic intention or not, annoying people is one of the reasons to give low score!
Im very not amused because its not even like theyre repeating sth interesting.
And if i'd like to feel what nagato has felt while seeing the endless loops, I wouldnt watch Haruhi.
Nagato rocks by the way ^^
Jul 19, 2009 10:07 PM

May 2009
OP is hilarious :D
Jul 20, 2009 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
Kyaura said:

words right out of my mouth.

I dig the outfits anyway.
Jul 23, 2009 11:25 PM

Aug 2008
God, I love some of these responses.

To make my response quick, I agree that it should have finished in a smaller amount of episodes. What's really annoying me is how much people are bitching about it. Don't you guys have patience?
Jul 24, 2009 2:46 AM

Aug 2008
Haylias said:
Kyaura said:

This can all be summarized in one word.

Nyoro~n.
Or: bullshit.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 24, 2009 2:50 AM

Apr 2008
Kyaura said:

To make my response quick, I agree that it should have finished in a smaller amount of episodes. What's really annoying me is how much people are bitching about it. Don't you guys have patience?

No. We also don't have lives. NEED MOAR NEW HARUHI-SAMA !!11!111!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 24, 2009 2:53 AM

Dec 2007
Kyaura said:

this has nothing to do with patience. why aint we allowed to bitch when something is obviously awful? If anyone finds EE good they are simply an idiot.
Jul 24, 2009 3:05 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder what is easier writing on a tread asking people to calm down or standing in front of a firing squad. Anyways I would not expect the series to be this bad forever, but my current 1/10 reflects how I feel about where this is heading at the moment.

I also don't plan on buying the DVD when released to hit em where it hurts the wallet.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jul 24, 2009 4:01 AM

Jan 2009
The first 3 episodes in this arc were tolerable. But now its just tedious.

WAIT WAIT Omg. Are they going to do this for 8 episodes? (i.e. Endless 8).

Because I just checked on wikipedia and it said episode 7 and 8 are going to continue the arc filler. Does that mean episode 9 is going to be end of this? Making the total of this arc to be 8 episodes?

That gives only 4 episodes left for actual story....
Jul 24, 2009 6:57 AM

Feb 2009
Seriously? I'll put up with anything for new Haruhi. Even the same ep over and over.
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
Jul 24, 2009 7:03 AM

Jul 2009
OP, if this WASN'T Haruhi, I'm sure you wouldn't feel this way. A bad story with likable characters is still a bad story. I mean, God, Kyoani what were they thinking? I rated it a 7 or something like that, because I had only seen the first 2 eps at the time... Oh well, it'll end eventually, just the "14" episodes of new content is gonna have a lot less thann 14.

Signature made by me. x3
Jul 24, 2009 10:45 AM

Jun 2008
ZaikuZERO said:
OP, if this WASN'T Haruhi, I'm sure you wouldn't feel this way.

If it wasn't Haruhi, then it wouldn't be KyoAni.

Sure if this was a different anime, we wouldn't feel this way. Then again the studio that produces the anime wouldn't have a reputation for being batshit crazy.

KyoAni, one of the best trolls in ZA WARUDO, likes to fuck with everything they do.
Endless Eight is no different.

OP is right, calm down, or you'll end up looking stupid by the master trolls.

Jul 24, 2009 2:53 PM

Jul 2008
cantius said:
Kyaura said:

I know. Dumb nerds. It's just anime.

Yeah, who knows that Yuki's been going through for the last 595 years?

What the fuck.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Jul 24, 2009 3:25 PM

Apr 2009
I think people have a right to hate endless eight if they want, but in that case they should not watch the episode, knowing its endless eight, then complain "omfg! anuther endles ate!!1! wtf!11!!one!"

Of course its another endless eight! It was obvious that they were gonna repeat it for a long time after the second time it was repeated! Its up to you whether or not you watch the next ep, so you cant keep raging over and over. You can say you hate it, everyone's entitled to an opinion, its just you end up repeating yourself more than endless eight itself.

Jul 24, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2007
chinlamp said:
Man, the OP is really slow on the uptake isn't he? People have been bitching for WEEKS, and he's only just making a thread? And aren't there already threads for this? In fact, what you typed as your opening post should be in one of those threads.

No worse than the million threads complaining about it.

I still call brilliant marketing strategy though. People are going to <i>remember</i> this.

oh, these little earthquakes
Jul 24, 2009 8:38 PM

Apr 2007
KyoAni probably lost their mind on Haruhi S1 and that stupid dance so they decided to butcher this one.

Good job!

Jul 25, 2009 1:51 AM

Aug 2008
Anomalous said:
chinlamp said:

I still call brilliant marketing strategy though. People are going to <i>remember</i> this.
Like "remember that crappy anime with the same episode airing several times? How's it called? Ah who gives a damn".
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 25, 2009 2:05 AM

Sep 2008
Antanaru said:
Anomalous said:
chinlamp said:

Like "remember that crappy anime with the same episode airing several times? How's it called? Ah who gives a damn".
Wrong. Stuff like Mars of Destruction is popular and people remember it's name.
Jul 25, 2009 11:03 PM

Jun 2009
I'm probably one of the few who are actually enjoying this story arc. I like all the little differences that are shown in every episode.

Anime List / Manga List

Jul 25, 2009 11:37 PM
Jul 2009
personamorpher said:
I'm probably one of the few who are actually enjoying this story arc. I like all the little differences that are shown in every episode.
I used to feel the same way... then I read a blog about it...

Yes, it's interesting, but it could be so much more interesting if there were new stories instead of almost insignificantly different reboots.

Now it's tolerable to watch, but I won't rewatch it, unlike other episodes.
Jul 26, 2009 12:51 AM

Aug 2008
People are RAEGING because it's Haruhi and they wanted more of the same from last season.

If this was a brand new anime people wouldn't be yelling. All they would be saying is 'god this is boring' and dropping it and EE wouldn't be remembered.
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Jul 26, 2009 2:31 AM

Nov 2007
its almost over the pain will end soon

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jul 26, 2009 3:49 AM

Jun 2007
Onegai said:
Kyaura said:

this has nothing to do with patience. why aint we allowed to bitch when something is obviously awful? If anyone finds EE good they are simply an idiot.

I really enjoy Endless Eight. The nerd rage is hilarious, watching the episodes is actually genuinely relaxing, and it can be rather fun to notice all the little differences and odd quirks that happen from one episode to the next. It's the very definition of "turn your brain off" entertainment.

Some of you people take this crap way too seriously. And this coming from someone who takes shit very seriously.
Jul 26, 2009 3:52 AM

Dec 2007
No, i will not calm down, Chewbacca! Why won't anybody listen to me?

Really. Understanding how Yuki feels is not worth this.
Jul 26, 2009 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
Volbla said:
No, i will not calm down, Chewbacca! Why won't anybody listen to me?

Really. Understanding how Yuki feels is not worth this.

I'm listening.. *glare* when will this torture end!?

have a cookie!
Jul 26, 2009 8:44 AM

Sep 2007
Is funny how you people call the rage a "nerd" rage when you are the ones watching the same shit 6 times in a row and still enjoying it.
Jul 26, 2009 3:36 PM

Jul 2007
I god damn agree with Kyaura. All of you need to calm down. If this anime was anything but haruhi, everyone wouldn't make such a big deal out of this

First of all, take into consideration that this whole idea was planned YEARS AGO. Endless eight didn't just come out of kyo ani's godly ass. It takes months and MONTHS AND MONTHS of animation to get it right. It doesn't just take time, but it takes a crap load of money to get these episodes animated, voice overed, SFX, mixed, and produced. And after they produce one episode, they have the directors review the episodes and approve of it before they say it's OK to air. They wouldn't put all that god damn work in producing these episodes just to scam people's money. They didn't BS the animation like they do in bleach or naruto's fillers. If any of the animators knew that they were just animating the same episode over and over, for not just one episode, but like...FIVE episodes in a row they'd surely quit. And this is not a filler, guys. Fillers are only used so that the anime doesn't go far ahead of the manga. But to my belief, the Haruhi light novels are already done.

I believe there's a REAL purpose behind the endless eight and there's a major HINT that we're ALL over looking in each episode. All the raging haruhi fans don't seem to look past the fact that kyo ani is repeating the same episode over and over because they're all just too damn shallow and want a reason to hate on haruhi. I have this STRONG feeling that at the end of the endless arc, there will be a major explanation that will be so fuckin interesting that it'll make us want to go back to all those repeating episodes and identify all those hints that we looked over. What it is? I don't know yet. But I still have faith in this anime, not because I'm a Haruhi fan, but because as a prospective film producer, I know that an animation studio isn't stupid enough to repeat the same episode over and over for money, fillers, or just for "emphasis". There has to be a REAL reason.

The problem with Haruhi is that it's just so over hyped that if it goes in the wrong direction in anyway, it gets MASSIVELY criticized. People are just finding a reason to hate on Haruhi cuz there are so many Harutards out there who we all want to kill. So many damn people doing the Hare Hare Yukai at every frickin convention. Everyone just wants a good reason to hate on Haruhi, and looks like they found one. Kyo ani saw this coming, yet they still released the episodes. I seriously hope they have a good fuckin reason for doing this, otherwise I'll just loose hope in this anime.
Jul 26, 2009 4:49 PM
Apr 2009
melancholy said:
I god damn agree with Kyaura. All of you need to calm down. If this anime was anything but haruhi, everyone wouldn't make such a big deal out of this

First of all, take into consideration that this whole idea was planned YEARS AGO. Endless eight didn't just come out of kyo ani's godly ass. It takes months and MONTHS AND MONTHS of animation to get it right. It doesn't just take time, but it takes a crap load of money to get these episodes animated, voice overed, SFX, mixed, and produced. And after they produce one episode, they have the directors review the episodes and approve of it before they say it's OK to air. They wouldn't put all that god damn work in producing these episodes just to scam people's money. They didn't BS the animation like they do in bleach or naruto's fillers. If any of the animators knew that they were just animating the same episode over and over, for not just one episode, but like...FIVE episodes in a row they'd surely quit. And this is not a filler, guys. Fillers are only used so that the anime doesn't go far ahead of the manga. But to my belief, the Haruhi light novels are already done.

I believe there's a REAL purpose behind the endless eight and there's a major HINT that we're ALL over looking in each episode. All the raging haruhi fans don't seem to look past the fact that kyo ani is repeating the same episode over and over because they're all just too damn shallow and want a reason to hate on haruhi. I have this STRONG feeling that at the end of the endless arc, there will be a major explanation that will be so fuckin interesting that it'll make us want to go back to all those repeating episodes and identify all those hints that we looked over. What it is? I don't know yet. But I still have faith in this anime, not because I'm a Haruhi fan, but because as a prospective film producer, I know that an animation studio isn't stupid enough to repeat the same episode over and over for money, fillers, or just for "emphasis". There has to be a REAL reason.

I hope that you're right...
Jul 26, 2009 5:18 PM

Jun 2009
I'm content to watch it through to it's conclusion and see what happens.

Anime List / Manga List

Jul 26, 2009 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
This is clearly filler so Kyo ani has time to catch up. Im sure the finaly of endless eight will be interesting. as it stands now I just skimmed through episode 7.
Jul 27, 2009 7:36 AM

Sep 2007
melancholy said:
something

Oh wow, they surely are doing this to show us how Yuki breaks down and do something UNEXPECTED later, and not for the money RIGHT?

hint: you can do that with just 2 episodes.
Jul 27, 2009 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
Yah, this repetitions is almost at my limits but still trying to keep myself from going crazy -_- Oh god, please stop making too much fillers.
Jul 27, 2009 8:58 AM

Aug 2008
Akito38 said:
This is clearly filler so Kyo ani has time to catch up. Im sure the finaly of endless eight will be interesting. as it stands now I just skimmed through episode 7.
Catch up to what? Novels? Are you kidding?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 27, 2009 9:20 AM

Jun 2008
Haruhi S2 Spoilers (Probably including Novel Spoilers)

Mod Edit: Please label and tag your spoilers appropriately. Thanks.
asandariJul 27, 2009 5:01 PM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 27, 2009 10:14 AM
Apr 2009
Aw. Sbyrstall, you ruined the ending of Endless Eight for me. >_<
Jul 27, 2009 1:45 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another idiot who doesn't know how to use a spoiler tag. Thanks a lot.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 27, 2009 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
Yves said:
LOL....it's not like it hasn't already been mentions EIGHT times already without spoilers. Plus the light novel has been out and translated.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 27, 2009 6:16 PM
Apr 2009
sbyrstall said:
Yves said:
LOL....it's not like it hasn't already been mentions EIGHT times already without spoilers. Plus the light novel has been out and translated.

Some people would rather watch the anime...
Crap. That sucks. I watched 6 episodes of Endless Eight and I can't even get a proper ending because now I already know what happens. What a shame. xD
Jul 27, 2009 6:55 PM

Jan 2009
Kyaura said:

I would have to say waiting 3-4 years for this is a lot of patience, and just to watch this repetitive junk I'm bitterly dissapointed.
Jul 27, 2009 8:20 PM

Jan 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqy8x-zKuKw&feature=player_embedded

See, even ex-KyoAni director has to apologize for this craptaculance.

That should tell all you that are "omg this is so cool it'll blow your mind" that even people in the industry, directly involved, think it's shit.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.