Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »
Jan 7, 2021 2:58 AM
Oct 2019
Unu5ual said:
Easy 9/10.

Look, I think this definitely had the potential to be a 10. The animation was amazing, very high quality. And the art was beautiful.
The music could have been a tiny bit better (I've started to really pay attention to music after Attack on Titan).
But my biggest issue was with Five and "The Settlement" where the kids were raised. This is such a rip off of Death Note.

You know how everyone complains that Near is a rip off of L? Well Five is a rip off of Near. Even the blank jigsaw puzzle was taken from Death Note.

And come on... that ending... really? Why kill them when they were finally happy and Twelve and Lisa had fallen for each other? I guess it makes more sense than keeping them alive, but... I hate sad endings.

Sorry but you may think this anime is a rip off of deathnote. But what they wanted was to remain in the page of history. They wanted to all the people remember them. Killing them off made the ending quite emotional which made those guys as a legend.
Jan 16, 2021 4:27 PM

Oct 2020
Well, this was a disappointment..... definitely NOT what I was expecting after finishing the first couple of episodes. That Five girl is the most annoying anime character I've ever seen istg
Jan 23, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2016
Good show. I don't understand Five at all though. What was the point of her? Lisa felt like a plot device. All she did was get saved by Twelve... My favorite character is Shibazaki. 7/10
Sulfur2Jan 23, 2021 9:16 PM
Feb 25, 2021 2:55 AM
Sep 2018
Overall i'd give it a 7/10.

The first few episodes got me hooked with the whole criminal versus jaded detective shtick most crime dramas lean into. But after they introduced Five i felt that the show was getting too ambitious. The characters, especially Lisa, felt pretty shallow(?), probably because there were only 11 episodes to do everything.

But goddamn does the music of this show elavate every major moment, 10/10 soundtrack. Who knew post-rock and anime would work so well.
Mar 6, 2021 3:37 AM

Mar 2018
This anime in the first half held it's own at a 8 while at it's low point in EP.8 feeling like a 7, it recovered fairly nicely to provide a decent ending to climb it back up to an 8/10. The major stand out of this show being it's amazing OST that carried much of the shows intended atmosphere and emotion that it was trying to invoke. One of the best among anime OST's I'd say, but an amazing OST can only go so far if it's anime doesn't properly support such a quality piece of music.

This quote by Nick Creamer summarizes this pretty well "A rich and passionate meditation on modern society that is elevated by some of the finest music and visuals in anime." However, "The actual thriller plot is much less compelling than the show's ideas or aesthetics."

Deep diving into the ending provides some interesting insights provided in these links

https://aminoapps.com/c/anime/page/blog/zankyou-no-terror-ending-analysis-clarification/3YtB_u0G4p6nXMPlapxaQQ1jdBWVbN <--- Ending Analysis

https://zankyou-no-analyze.tumblr.com/post/109228478614/i-just-found-your-blog-and-fell-in-love-with-all <--- VON - Iceland Analysis

The Iceland reference provides a very nice introspective touch on this show. (Link to full analysis above)

"I believe the reason Iceland was used was for both it’s mysterious allure as well as its folklore and history. Iceland overall is a commonly misunderstood land, with a history rarely touched upon. I believe the creators chose Iceland as both its “saga” and its misunderstood appearance encompasses the very essence of Twelve and especially Nine. For despite Iceland’s bitter, icy appearance, there is also warmth, beauty, and hope."

Celest__Mar 6, 2021 7:05 AM
Mar 11, 2021 2:49 AM
Dec 2019
After finishing 91 days I started watching this series. As expected of MAPPA!! MAPPA the Great!! The ending left speechless. Somehow it was satisfying to me. Still I feel Bad for 9 and 12. But I didn't get 5 at all. Why did she committed suicide?? I had so much questions. Anyway I enjoyed this series. I'll miss Nine and Twelve T-T

8/10 from me.
Mar 29, 2021 3:41 AM

Dec 2020
What a ride. It surpassed my expectations which, to be fair, were not much thanks to haters. Great direction, animation art. Never thought an 11 episode show could give me them feels. This is how you do thriller. There's no need for absurd jokes(looking at you stein's gate) and uneven pacing.

One of those animes that kept me hooked from the very first minute to the last. Really enjoyed. Although I can see how some weebs doesn't like it (too realistic for them and not using cliché tropes of anime) but I couldn't care less.
Cheer_LeaderApr 13, 2021 11:24 AM
Apr 21, 2021 12:18 AM
Mar 2021
I really liked this anime, and the design of its characters was really appealing to me. But I thought it was too short and could have been longer and more time for flashbacks of characters and more familiarity with them.
May 17, 2021 9:15 PM
Apr 2021
If 12 didnt die it wouldve been perfect, cuz i really like lisa and 12 together and now idk how lisa will continue life cuz her life outside of 12 and 9 is kinda suicidal
Jun 9, 2021 7:14 AM

Feb 2020
missed opportunity! it could have been great show - if it was just the cat and mouse game between shibazaki and nine. second half with introduction of american everything went to downfull.

higher up and america power was too flexing for suspension of disbelief, 5 sec villan mamiya felt pointless reveal, why is nobody arresting 12? five motive was some sort of pointless twisted love, and were they going to die own there own? how did shibazaki reveal the truth to the world....wasn't higher up power too powerful even at old age/death bed, lisa went back to bullying life or what?

towards the last few episode it just felt like they were trying to somehow bring everything to predestined conclusion (aka their tragic vibe ending)... like how american, shibazaki and nine and eleven came together or lisa kidnapping or five trying to stylishly die

there many technical things were present to enjoy even in second half but characters behavior and action felt lacking any sort of direction. i didnot like the female chatacter and cringy romance

it was engaging but could have been something better....but unfortunately this is it.

that said animation and ost was pretty good. character designs were ok, but i dont like it very much though
AdampkJun 9, 2021 7:28 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 10, 2021 11:26 AM
Aug 2020
The most realistic part of this anime was that the US can shoot a japanese citizen on japanese soil and can get away with it no problem.
Jun 15, 2021 2:25 PM
Jul 2013
Lebranium said:
Pretty surprised shibazaki doesn't die

Yep, I expected him to be wiped out as well, I suppose they needed him to expose the truth about the orphanage and shift the attention and blame away from US, now that they failed to recover the a-bomb.

Terrorist win!

As a side note, there would probably be a number of people dying because of the power outage, for example in intensive care or those on life support. So it's not like VON don't have blood on their hands.
Jun 18, 2021 10:20 AM
Oct 2016
i would have appreciate it more if nine didn't die after twelve was shot. i mean look at the coincidence right
Jun 18, 2021 2:05 PM
Mar 2021
Sol_Ou said:
But iceland isnt a cold country. Why wouldnt 9 know that?
Iceland is absolutely a cold country.
Aug 14, 2021 8:25 PM
Mar 2021
naens said:
Disappointing show.

1) the beginning: several times the same thing: put bomb, find bomb and so on.
2) middle: five: very bad part
3) end: just a way to finish it.

So the whole show was without cliffhangers, plot twists, mysteries, foreshadowing, things that should be there (at least some of them) in this kind of show.

Bro thats exactly how I felt about this show, in my opinion it started pretty hype and all, but just went downhill, literally 2 teenagers blowing shit up. I had more fun watching Domestic Girlfriend than this.
Sep 1, 2021 11:30 AM
Aug 2021
Sep 2, 2021 6:37 PM
Mar 2016
honestly glad I gave this a go. Really enjoyed this one.
Sep 3, 2021 9:26 PM
Jul 2021
Ren_Reyden said:

Just finished it and same 😭😰
Sep 5, 2021 1:30 AM

Jul 2019
Straight to the opening, let's go.

Now I see the line — as our heroes were abused by scientists and products of technological progress, they decided to rid Japan of its attachment to machinery in return. Sounds utopian, doesn't it? But quite in the spirit of the Sphinxes. Plus that fucking nuclear bomb prototype was assembled bypassing international law, which means it belonged to the same Evil that once influenced the guys.

Uhm, the explosion was utterly beautiful for sure, but it's not the right idea to stare at nuclear glow without any form of protection. You did it Nine, you turned off the artificial lights.

Memorial pillars, reunion, forgiveness and carelessness — new beginnings in the new world. And just when Shibazaki seemed to close this story according to Sphinxes plan the Americans appeared to make a clean up and prevent information leakage. Fuck, I knew that Nine and Twelve were walking corpses, but to cut it off like this... rest in peace and be remembered, warriors.

I'm hilariously bad at summaries. Aesthetics, characters (despite all the hate for Five and Lisa, those were the two closest human beings (or catalisators as you wish) our heroes spent time with), eternal questions of morality and personal gains, human intervention in the laws of nature and the ability to great forgiveness, the unity of all and the uniqueness of each, invisible clock that measures our time on Earth — here is an incomplete list of what I saw in this piece of animation and what I thought about throughout its duration. Perhaps I am still in the category of enthusiastic fools, behind whom there is no huge base for comparing various drawn stories, but this particular one will be remembered by me for a long time. 8.5/10, closer to 8, because in the end I'm not the person who was close to Nine.
Sep 21, 2021 4:06 PM

Mar 2021
12 died :( brrought me tears

overall 5/10, was worth to watch
Sep 21, 2021 11:24 PM
Oct 2017
Second time re watching this and I am so pissed they got killed as I know the world is really that disgusting
Oct 6, 2021 10:30 AM
Feb 2021
This anime and the finale were very good.

VON... :')
Nov 11, 2021 2:34 PM
Aug 2021
8/10 I loved the show, the few first episodes was immaculate. I feel like it kinda got rushed at the ending with the big plot twist with five and i find her really annoying. I hated the ending, why would they end dead when they finally reached their goal. Anyways the animation and story was really good and i really enjoyed watching it.
Nov 11, 2021 2:34 PM
Aug 2021
8/10 I loved the show, the few first episodes was immaculate. I feel like it kinda got rushed at the ending with the big plot twist with five and i find her really annoying. I hated the ending, why would they end dead when they finally reached their goal. Anyways the animation and story was really good and i really enjoyed watching it.
Nov 13, 2021 6:34 AM
Jul 2020
Great show i think if it had more episodes for more development and 5 wasnt in the story it would be easy 10. 5 is not bad but kinda felt unecessery still a 8/10. And presoanlly i would like for Lisa and 12 to have died together on that weel but thats just my personal opinion.
Dec 4, 2021 11:53 PM
Dec 2018
I am dazzled and shocked. This anime is a masterpiece. The story, the characters, the lessons are all more than wonderful.. I loved 9, its genius and its realism, as well as 12.. As for the number 5, it was a bit annoying.. Not poor Lisa was exposed to bullying by her colleagues and her mother's dealings with her.. 9/10
Dec 12, 2021 2:48 PM
Jan 2021
Regardless of knowing that they were meant to die eventually, I felt so mad when 12 was shot... why couldn't they have just let him live a little bit longer happily... Sad ending, but I enjoyed the anime.
Jan 16, 2022 2:02 PM
Mar 2018
the show was more compelling upon a rewatch of it, knowing sphinx's ultimate plans and the nods they make to it as the plot unfolds.

ending was just as if not more emotional than the first time. perhaps there is a sense of dread to be felt with this show, knowing its themes and direction.

grew to appreciate lisa more this time. she seeks life from a person whose own is fading. she brings sphinx joy and humour, along with being an obstacle for them in general terms. she humanises them, in a way. despite nine's demeanour and overt attitude towards her, i genuinely think he grew to care for her.

8/10
Jan 28, 2022 3:06 PM
Nov 2019
For a bomb that small to release an EMP this powerful, it would probably have to be an antimatter bomb or something, but it doesn't bug me as much. What I'm wondering is why didn't the Americans shoot Lisa, and was the truth about the FBI's actions revealed. Pretty good show overall.
Feb 3, 2022 8:56 AM
Nov 2020
It's so difficult to move on from this. When Twelve died, there was no goodbyes to Lisa or nine. It was just an instant and cruel death. Then Nine died from being experimented on for all those years. They never had a chance to be free and live. They knew from the start they would have a painful death, that their ending wouldn't be happy. Everything was so heartbreaking that I'm so frustrated
Feb 13, 2022 1:39 AM

Jul 2019
So lisa went back home from where she ran or staying alone. How world reacted to their story. I wanted to see, idk what but i kinda feel unsatisfied.
8.5/10
Feb 17, 2022 8:09 AM
Feb 2022
It was a powerful show whit tragedy emotion betrayal love forgiveness and PAST mistakes
Mar 6, 2022 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
Well that was an end, I guess.

Bitter but kinda forced, not bad.
Apr 13, 2022 6:37 PM
May 2021
A really good show with a perfect ending !
Jun 1, 2022 8:07 PM

Feb 2017
Another masterpiece by Shinichiro Watanabe.
Jul 10, 2022 3:17 PM
Dec 2021
This was a great anime. I loved the ending as well. I've seen too many anime where the plot is sad but the end turns out unrealistically wholesome. (I don't like happy endings, so what). In shows like this it's somehow just more fitting when people die at the end. Unsure what rating I should give it, probably 9/10. Or maybe 10 just because it was the first show in months that has been able to keep me interested at all times (after Death note and Tokyo ghoul) , I usually stop paying attention really quickly, I watched it all in almost one day.
Jul 18, 2022 11:29 PM

Aug 2020
first few episodes were so interesting that it made me want to finish it in one seating. Then when Five appeared everything wnet downhill. I wouldn't call this a successful ending but it was quite thrilling. I guess i just needed more background information and storyline than this. I noticed quite a lot of flaws too. Though, the soundtrack was beautiful. Quite disappointing for me, this is why 11 episodes don't work for anime. 5/10 +1 for osts

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 17, 2022 3:31 PM

Oct 2013
This is hard to digest... Twelve and Nine deserved a better ending.
Aug 24, 2022 8:01 AM
Jul 2022
I love sad endings and this was my favorite
Aug 24, 2022 6:24 PM

Jan 2018
Storm1988 said:
The most realistic part of this anime was that the US can shoot a japanese citizen on japanese soil and can get away with it no problem.

This. This is what I meant. US fricking everything up.
Aug 26, 2022 6:32 AM
Feb 2021
loved it its so good
Sep 3, 2022 1:03 AM
Aug 2012
Good ending, however I don't think that they've deserved to be sacrificed- it doesn't have much meaning for the rest of humanity to my book
Sep 5, 2022 2:15 PM
Sep 2022
PLEASE I WANTED TO CRY WHEN 12 GOT SHOT SCREW THOSE AMERICAN AIRFORCES
Oct 23, 2022 9:13 PM
Oct 2022
That end still hurting
Oct 30, 2022 8:04 PM
Apr 2016
The ending was a bit unexpected but I enjoyed the final words of Nine
Nov 26, 2022 4:25 AM

Sep 2015
Not that good. The ending doesn't make that much sense. How does killing 12, letting 9 die but leaving the detective alive solve the problem of "Well they cant know the US was involved lol"? Why do they believe in the detective anyway? Wasn't it impossible for him to be believed if 12 and 9 were dead?

Also there are a lot of plotholes, for example, how did they find the first hideout? Why did 5 search for 9 that much? I understand that it was rushed but still, it didn't make that much sense.

At least they had good english voices (except five, which is understandable).
Dec 6, 2022 5:05 PM

Apr 2018
A grandiouse ending, that's it. Imagine detonating an atomic bomb as a 17-year old? That's quite the dangerous feat to achieve. Nine went through his plan to expose the dark history of Japan and their Athena plan. It's an anime with some depth in it, a lot if you think about it. On the surface, it seems like a thrilling anime about terrorists with no concrete plan. Well, do you need a plan/motive as a terrorist? It's still bad in a way. But, the way they've done it, without any casualities and always looking out for the public before detonating the bomb. It was an attack directed at the people behind it. One thing I did dislike about the anime is Lisa. Even though her character influenced the actions of the maincharacters, it wasn't executed in a way that I would have liked it. It was always annoying and bland for some reason. Not a lot of personality in her too, beside the clumsy and dumb person she is. Quite the caring one, but that ain't enough. Nine, Twelve and Shizabaki (and the few other police officers) were great throughout the whole serie. Another thing that stood out in the anime is surely the soundtrack. You can't talk about Zankyou no Terror without mentioning the phenomenal soundtrack. From the inserted songs to the emotional soundtracks, everything was just a masterpiece on it own. The animation was quite good too for a 2014-adaptation from MAPPA. On the first or second episode with the snow scene, beautiful sakuga.
The ending was quite something.. the death of both the maincharacters. One through the american forces, the other one from the disease or whatever he has from the experiments. He didn't detonate the bombs, otherwise everything would have been in vain.

Shizabaki ends it "hope".

8.5/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 4, 2023 3:04 PM

Feb 2020
Urg, really unsatisfying conclusion.
Jan 20, 2023 6:17 PM
Dec 2022
rip legends they will be remembered
Mar 20, 2023 11:23 AM

Mar 2020
all i learnt from this show was fuck the US government XD
Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by Harvestor »»
Sep 2, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

379 by Harvestor »»
Sep 2, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

349 by Ryshock »»
Aug 27, 1:01 PM

» Can i watch this with my dad?

sangonomiya_k - Jul 18

31 by anne146 »»
Aug 9, 7:51 AM

» Boring

egosumjkm - Aug 30, 2023

23 by Animefan13923 »»
Jul 28, 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.