Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2013 7:14 PM

Jul 2013
mattbenz99 said:
Dustoff122 said:
mattbenz99 said:
remember tonight is summer wars

Cant Wait!!!!!!!

i will have it on my tv although i wont really be watching because i own the dvd

im hyped because i never saw it before and heard it was great and it looks alot like the first digimon movie which was awesome

Dec 14, 2013 7:20 PM
Jul 2012
Will watching this movie and recorded on my dvr. Hope the movie will be great!
Dec 14, 2013 7:34 PM

Mar 2013
Dustoff122 said:
mattbenz99 said:
Dustoff122 said:
mattbenz99 said:
remember tonight is summer wars

Cant Wait!!!!!!!

i will have it on my tv although i wont really be watching because i own the dvd

im hyped because i never saw it before and heard it was great and it looks alot like the first digimon movie which was awesome
DarknessOfEmo said:
Will watching this movie and recorded on my dvr. Hope the movie will be great!

dont worry it is really friggin good
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Dec 14, 2013 8:03 PM
Feb 2012
did they use new voice actors for the akira movie last week? when i watched it back then it was different voices for the dub?
Dec 14, 2013 8:32 PM

Mar 2013
bpSORE said:
did they use new voice actors for the akira movie last week? when i watched it back then it was different voices for the dub?

there are 2 dubs for akira both fairly old funimation used the newer one
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Dec 14, 2013 9:04 PM

Mar 2013
starting

Dec 14, 2013 9:32 PM
Jul 2012
Watching it and so far it's okay. I thought the scenes will really show about the game fantasy more than real life that's the good part for me. And it's it me or the art looks quite like aku no hana but better lol. And that samurai thing is that look real? The blue hair girl's voice is okay kinda annoying.
Dec 14, 2013 9:37 PM

Mar 2013
lol asking the bad guy nicely to stop. does that ever actually work?

Dec 14, 2013 9:45 PM
Jul 2012
oh man wolf vs some dude gotta be the best fight I've ever seen in anime history. Now giving the score 8/10 because of it bring more of the fantasy stuff hack problem instead of boring real life show. And that song to the fight was great! What is it called?
Dec 14, 2013 9:55 PM

Mar 2013
this actually sounds pretty damn realistic i mean everything is online now so a virus like this could do a lot of damage

Dec 14, 2013 11:25 PM
Jul 2012
7/10
Dec 15, 2013 7:02 AM

Jul 2013
9/10 was awesome

Dec 15, 2013 7:40 AM

May 2012
Dustoff122 said:
MungoloidJr said:
Lanik said:
MungoloidJr said:
mattbenz99 said:
MungoloidJr said:
forgot that toonami is going to show blue exorcist. for that, they should have just brought back yu yu hakusho instead.

they are trying to stay relatively recent

yeah but my point is that if they were going to show some rip off of yu yu hakusho, they might as well have just shown yu yu hakusho again, or give us something else.

How is Blue Exorcist a "rip off" of Yu Yu Hakusho?

how is it not? the main protagonist has the same characteristics as yusuke and the dude is a demon who slays other demons, just like yusuke.

true its really similar but its not a rip of i mean blue fire , slaying demons or monsters , boy gains powers, mystical weapons these are just common characteristics in any Shonen. Bleach is pretty much the same thing, this is just common

just because it's a shonen, it shouldn't excuse itself from blatantly copying themes and ideas that were already in previous manga/anime. i actually like bleach but fan or not, it's easy to see how much that rips off yu yu hakusho as well.
Dec 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Mar 2013
for anyone who is planning to watch the fullmetal alchemist movie this saturday make sure you have seen the original fullmetal alchemist first because it is the sequel and has spoilers in it

Dec 18, 2013 6:25 PM

Dec 2012
Toonami plays the stuff that is mediocre these days. The only animes i would consider watching on toonami was, case closed, cowboy bebop, big-o. There might've been a couple others that i'm forgetting. But yeah, toonami has almost ruined anime from what i could tell. The last anime convention i went to recently a very large percentage of people didn't know any anime that wasn't played on toonami.
Dec 28, 2013 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
Trigun: Badlands Rumble to air on Toonami in 40 minutes! Who's watching?
8man said:
Toonami plays the stuff that is mediocre these days. The only animes i would consider watching on toonami was, case closed, cowboy bebop, big-o. There might've been a couple others that i'm forgetting. But yeah, toonami has almost ruined anime from what i could tell. The last anime convention i went to recently a very large percentage of people didn't know any anime that wasn't played on toonami.

Toonami isn't ruining anime. Though I do find it strange that people at an anime convention wouldn't know anime outside of Toonami. I figured anime conventions had more hardcore fans. But plays the mediocre stuff? Eureka Seven? Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? Casshern Sins? Soul Eater? None of those strike your fancy?
Also considering that you like Bebop you might like to know that Toonami is airing Space Dandy January 4th.
Dec 28, 2013 8:29 PM
Mar 2013
MungoloidJr said:
Lanik said:
MungoloidJr said:
mattbenz99 said:
MungoloidJr said:
forgot that toonami is going to show blue exorcist. for that, they should have just brought back yu yu hakusho instead.

yeah but my point is that if they were going to show some rip off of yu yu hakusho, they might as well have just shown yu yu hakusho again, or give us something else.

how is it not? the main protagonist has the same characteristics as yusuke and the dude is a demon who slays other demons, just like yusuke.

Well, like it or not, the kids of today want to watch something that's crisp and young, not something straight from the 90's. Sure, Yu Yu Hakusho is awesome, but other shows deserve to be endorsed on national television.
Dec 28, 2013 9:33 PM

Aug 2011
I feel so bad, since I started Blue Exorcist on Neon Alley recently. Now it makes my previous excitement about it being on Toonami crash and burn.

Anyway, I missed out on Summer Wars (which makes me sad) and didn't bother with FMA, but Trigun has been exploding all over Twitter so I'm definitely going to tune in this time.

Jan 1, 2014 8:44 PM

May 2012
Lanik said:
MungoloidJr said:
Lanik said:
MungoloidJr said:
mattbenz99 said:
MungoloidJr said:

Well, like it or not, the kids of today want to watch something that's crisp and young, not something straight from the 90's. Sure, Yu Yu Hakusho is awesome, but other shows deserve to be endorsed on national television.

others shows do deserve to be endorsed on national television, Blue Exorcist isn't one of them.
Jan 1, 2014 9:08 PM
Nov 2012
toonami is the reason I even got into anime so despite what they will air i'll always be happy for it (stuff like dbz, gundam wing and outlaw star from my childhood)

that aside id prefer they show more recent stuff currently
Jan 1, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
if only they switched the time slot i mite jst watch it more often. saturday night at 12 am is probably the worst time ever. at least for there movie month they should of had a start time of like 9-10 pm
Jan 1, 2014 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
caboose315 said:
toonami is the reason I even got into anime so despite what they will air i'll always be happy for it (stuff like dbz, gundam wing and outlaw star from my childhood)

They're going to air Space Dandy on January 4th, which is a 2014 anime.

bulls123 said:
if only they switched the time slot i mite jst watch it more often. saturday night at 12 am is probably the worst time ever. at least for there movie month they should of had a start time of like 9-10 pm

The good news is is that they're starting a half hour early starting January 4th.
Also its only 12AM in Pacific time I think. Central Standad Time is an hour earlier and so on. I dunno.
Jan 1, 2014 10:41 PM
Nov 2012
yea thats true space dandy is new, i really like toonami its just unfortunate that im not a fan of dubs, the countless bad dubs make it so i disregard the good dubs without even thinking about it
Jan 2, 2014 12:11 AM

Dec 2012
Get rid of Bleach, both Narutos, AND STAR WARS (FOR FUCKS SAKE STAR WARS IS NOT EVEN ANIME) and I'll be satisfied
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jan 2, 2014 3:02 AM

Aug 2011
monster7foot6 said:
Get rid of Bleach, both Narutos, AND STAR WARS (FOR FUCKS SAKE STAR WARS IS NOT EVEN ANIME) and I'll be satisfied

According to Toonami, they aren't an anime block, but an action cartoon block. So as long as it's action-oriented, whether or not a show is anime is irrelevant to them.

Luckily they moved Star Wars to 5AM, so everything I actually want to watch comes before it.

Jan 2, 2014 7:38 AM
Jul 2012
Battlechili1 said:
caboose315 said:

They're going to air Space Dandy on January 4th, which is a 2014 anime.

bulls123 said:

The good news is is that they're starting a half hour early starting January 4th.
Also its only 12AM in Pacific time I think. Central Standad Time is an hour earlier and so on. I dunno.

11:30 P.M for EST people.
Jan 2, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
monster7foot6 said:
bleach and naruto are their biggest shows in terms of viewership and every week get more than a million views. they will never get rid of them

Jan 4, 2014 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
ITS ALMOST HERE.
3 hours, 24 minutes until Space Dandy premieres!

HYPEHYPEHYEPHYPE
Jan 4, 2014 6:48 PM
Jul 2012
Watching dat space dandy(hoping it will be good since I maybe done with most hype shows if this fails since the creators made Samurai Champloo and Soul Eater. So I doubt it will fail which is good.) And that's it.
Jan 4, 2014 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
THE DUB IS AMAZING
Jan 4, 2014 8:46 PM

Mar 2013
since the second american receiver in my house broke i went up stairs to use the one that the rest of the house uses to try and watch space dandy and as soon as i change the channel boobies, boobies and more boobies. my parents were also watching. so i just turned off the tv and came downstairs. there goes any chance i had to try and convince my parents to watch anime in the future.

Jan 4, 2014 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
mattbenz99 said:
since the second american receiver in my house broke i went up stairs to use the one that the rest of the house uses to try and watch space dandy and as soon as i change the channel boobies, boobies and more boobies. my parents were also watching. so i just turned off the tv and came downstairs. there goes any chance i had to try and convince my parents to watch anime in the future.

Sorry about that man.
My dad actually loves stuff like that.
Jan 4, 2014 8:53 PM

Mar 2013
Battlechili1 said:
mattbenz99 said:

Sorry about that man.
My dad actually loves stuff like that.

lol it was not your fault i still find it funny how the first 5 minutes are completely dedicated to boobs past that the tv was off

Jan 4, 2014 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
So Space Dandy, I didn't like some of the jokes but others had my sides hurting.
I have really funny thoughts that no one will get to hear.
Jan 4, 2014 9:05 PM

Aug 2011
Ugh, I still have two and a half hours. It's times like this I hate PST.

Jan 4, 2014 9:06 PM
Jul 2012
Space dandy was alright except that great quote by JP when he says "asses are better than boobs." and that limia dude was kinda funny when he got trapped into a chair. The bigger problem was the stupid voice of the robot girl. ugh that drives my gears. -___-
Jan 4, 2014 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
Loved it.
So much fun and doesn't get boring.
Jan 4, 2014 9:16 PM

Jul 2012
Enough of this Bleach filler. Ready for the regular storyline again. If only that had the rest of the manga animated. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Jan 4, 2014 9:16 PM

Apr 2012
Tries to appeal to a western audience.
Uses boobs as a selling point........ really? Isn't fanservice what westerners hate?

Jan 4, 2014 9:17 PM
Jul 2012
Zeally said:
Uses boobs as a selling point........ really? Isn't fanservice what westerners hate?

Nah, not really to some people as far as I know where I live.
Jan 4, 2014 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
DarknessOfEmo said:
Space dandy was alright except that great quote by JP when he says "asses are better than boobs." and that limia dude was kinda funny when he got trapped into a chair. The bigger problem was the stupid voice of the robot girl. ugh that drives my gears. -___-

I liked QT's voice, but that fucking cat made me want to kill myself. It's like they wrote him to be hated. He ruined every joke.
I have really funny thoughts that no one will get to hear.
Jan 4, 2014 9:31 PM
Jul 2012
DangerDan said:
DarknessOfEmo said:

I liked QT's voice, but that fucking cat made me want to kill myself. It's like they wrote him to be hated. He ruined every joke.

Yeah, I liked his voice too since he makes it a great job being badass with it.

The cat on the other hand in general wasn't that cringe worth. Although, he's still decent. His voice wasn't bad nor great, but I think he can be alright cat if he can keep up the funnies with that medicore crew.
Jan 4, 2014 9:35 PM

Aug 2011
Zeally said:

Not really; it's the constant ass/panty/boob/crotch shots that turn viewers off. Well, I haven't seen the episode yet so I can't say for sure if boobs were a huge distraction.

Jan 5, 2014 12:02 AM

Aug 2011
The first episode was amazing! I don't think I laughed so much from anime comedy as much as I did. Anyway, I like Dandy and QT's voice is so cute!

Can't wait until next week!

... I forgot Bleach is on at midnight. Ugh.

Jan 5, 2014 12:03 AM

Dec 2012
I'll watch Space Dandy. Episode 1 was good.
Jan 5, 2014 12:09 AM

Nov 2012
Zeally said:
Yes, that's why High School of the Dead is really famous in the West.
Jan 5, 2014 12:11 AM

Sep 2011
Zeally said:
I really dont get how you people dont realize they are taking a shot at hooters and not actually doing it for the fanservice, didnt the quadrupedal tited alien give that away.

I also dislike how anime cannot make sex jokes without getting labeled as fanservicy for it, its kind of unfair that live action can make a sex joke whenever they want and its brushed off but when its in animated form its fanservice

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 5, 2014 7:48 PM

May 2012
space dandy was cool but not really feeling the english voices. will still stick with it though.
Jan 5, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
Agreed with NotJizzy.

I've never really had a problem with fan-service myself.
Jan 5, 2014 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
Zeally said:
I really dont get how you people dont realize they are taking a shot at hooters and not actually doing it for the fanservice, didnt the quadrupedal tited alien give that away.

I also dislike how anime cannot make sex jokes without getting labeled as fanservicy for it, its kind of unfair that live action can make a sex joke whenever they want and its brushed off but when its in animated form its fanservice

agreed
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should battle characters grow weak with age?

Timeline_man - 46 minutes ago

1 by Zettaiken »»
17 seconds ago

» Best remake

JoeChip - 9 hours ago

26 by Kruszer »»
4 minutes ago

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ?

ame - Jun 17

35 by Timeline_man »»
22 minutes ago

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei? ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Jun 17

52 by lazernerd »»
57 minutes ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Jun 17

89 by SwordBreaker36 »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.