Forum Settings
Forums
New
Is it okay to abort a child, when the only reason for it is that it would be born with Down's Syndrome?
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2013 7:15 PM
Jan 2013
Well if they can support the child i'd say let him/her live, but if they cant support the child I'd say they should consider aborting him/her.
Mar 20, 2013 7:16 PM

Mar 2012
Lienn said:
Well if they can support the child i'd say let him/her live, but if they cant support the child I'd say they should consider aborting him/her.

Governments should help with supporting a child like that.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Mar 20, 2013 7:16 PM
Jan 2012
Nicole said:
So asking you what you mean by "there is nothing we can do about people with", in this case DS, is derailing in a thread about DS.

Mmm.

You were very ambiguous. State your questions clearly in future.

TheOttocratMar 20, 2013 7:20 PM
Mar 20, 2013 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
TheAutocrat said:
Nicole said:
So asking you what you mean by "there is nothing we can do about people with", in this case DS, is derailing in a thread about DS.

Mmm.

You were very ambiguous. State your questions clearly.

I'm pretty sure the quote you just quoted states the question, clear enough.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Mar 20, 2013 7:20 PM

Aug 2012
Nicole said:
Lienn said:

Waste of tax money.

We're in a recession right now and gas prices are through the roof.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Mar 20, 2013 7:20 PM
Jan 2012
Nicole said:
TheAutocrat said:
Nicole said:

Mmm.

You were very ambiguous. State your questions clearly.

I'm pretty sure the quote you just quoted states the question, clear enough.

I think the answer to that question is self-evident and easy to see based on my previous comments, try re-reading them.
Mar 20, 2013 7:21 PM

Mar 2012
Filthy_Whore said:
Waste of tax money.

We're in a recession right now and gas prices are through the roof.

Much better to spend it on Defense?

It's not a waste of all, in fact it's the exact definition of unwasted tax money since taxes and government's sole purpose is to look after it's people.

You have no right to say who does and doesn't deserve that.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Mar 20, 2013 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
TheAutocrat said:
I think the answer to that question is self-evident and easy to see based on my previous comments, try re-reading them.

Sorry, apparently I'm a little slow.

Why don't you go ahead and explain it to me.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Mar 20, 2013 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
Nicole said:
Lienn said:

No, the government should spend money on shit that matters, like every country's slowly-crumbling infrastructure.

I don't want my tax dollars going towards raising your optional child.

Seriously, have you seen to roads and bridges here? I'm surprised it's possible to drive anywhere. Half the bridges I drive over look like they're going to collapse at a moment's notice and any roads that get "repaved" get the shitty tar-and-gravel treatment. If I could choose the use my 9 cents on every dollar I spend to help your optional, defective child pay for college or fill a pothole properly, I'd pick the pothole every time.
Negative-TravisMar 20, 2013 7:31 PM
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Mar 20, 2013 7:31 PM
Jan 2012
Nicole said:
TheAutocrat said:

Sorry, apparently I'm a little slow.

Why don't you go ahead and explain it to me.

Please do not double post in future.

There is nothing we can do about people with downsyndrome.
Well a mass killing certainly isn't an option as that would throw the world into chaos with the masses pointing out the perpetrators as second hitler's ignoring reason. It would also cause mass pain. Better to just prevent any future downsyndrome kids from being born.
TheOttocratMar 20, 2013 7:43 PM
Mar 20, 2013 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
TheAutocrat said:
There is nothing we can do about people with downsyndrome.

Because?

Also what is it you think we should be able/could be able to do in the future, to turn them into what?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Mar 20, 2013 7:34 PM

Sep 2009
There's a lot of insanity in this thread.
Mar 20, 2013 7:35 PM

Mar 2012
DeathCl0ck said:
I'm pretty sure there are only two cases, actually.
Mar 20, 2013 7:37 PM

Sep 2009
Negative-Travis said:
DeathCl0ck said:
I'm pretty sure there are only two cases, actually.

Insanity is contagious.

More will come in time.
Mar 20, 2013 7:38 PM

Mar 2011
I believe that it is the parent's child. If the parents choose not to shoulder the burden of raising a child with down's syndrome then they should be allowed to abort it.
Mar 20, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Seriously, have you seen to roads and bridges here? I'm surprised it's possible to drive anywhere. Half the bridges I drive over look like they're going to collapse at a moment's notice and any roads that get "repaved" get the shitty tar-and-gravel treatment. If I could choose the use my 9 cents on every dollar I spend to help your optional, defective child pay for college or fill a pothole properly, I'd pick the pothole every time.

Cut spending money on things to kill people with and you'll have fine Bridges and Roads.

This is not a reason to not support those that do need it, it's criminal negligence for a country to not support it's people, that again is not a choice you get to make, that's a duty that a country and government has to it's people.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Mar 20, 2013 7:43 PM
Jan 2012
Baptism said:
TheAutocrat said:
Prejudice and logicality are polar opposites. Prejudice is unfounded, now what the fuck can a retard do, build some blocks? Get real.
I think you have a dangerously narrow view of value. In my perfect world things like kindness, unselfishness, and politeness would be of high value. There is no reason that people with Down syndrome cannot display these things, and in fact they seem to do so at an above average rate. This article is sensationalist, but it does well to prove the point I am trying to make: If People with Down Syndrome Ruled the World

Edit: I should also note that many people with Down syndrome can and do work. There is no reason to assume that a person with Down syndrome will be a "burden on society," even under your definition.

TheAutocrat said:
It is not prejudice because they are lesser human beings in fact, not based on illogical discrimination.
They are only lesser human beings according to your set of values. There is no reason to assume that your values hold true for anyone else.

I should note that I'm talking about people with Down syndrome who are already born. I said in my first post (I think) that aborting a fetus because the potential child would have Down syndrome is fine and is not a choice that should be criticized.

Kindness is not necessarily needed to be perpetuated by such people. Yes okay, I concur. The kindness of such lives and what they can do in society may be worthwhile, but is it necessary? Maybe in this day and age, yes, but as times change and this world kinder, no. I treat disabled people with particular kindness when I socialize with them, and I don't pity them. instead I see them for who they are and what they can offer, ignoring any flaws or mistakes they may have/make.
Population control comes first but as the greater need for that arises they will be absent from our world through premature abortion and their lives dearly remembered.

End of story.
Mar 20, 2013 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
Nicole said:
Negative-Travis said:

Cut spending money on things to kill people with and you'll have fine Bridges and Roads.

This is not a reason to not support those that do need it, it's criminal negligence for a country to not support it's people, that again is not a choice you get to make, that's a duty that a country and government has to it's people.
I don't disagree that our military budget needs to be scaled back, but Welfare needs to be completely abolished. It was useful in the early-'30s when shit had hit the fan, but it's grossly outdated and only being exploited now. If you can't afford to raise your kids on your own, you shouldn't have them.

The government's job is to make society possible, not run everyone's life.
Mar 20, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
And I take it your for letting people die that can't support themselves?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Mar 20, 2013 7:46 PM

Mar 2012
Nicole said:
And I take it your for letting people die that can't support themselves?
Entirely.

I'm sure their families would be more than willing to help them, though.
Mar 20, 2013 7:54 PM

Nov 2012
Knowing that women get abortions because their child was diagnosed with down syndrome made my heart drop...
I'm sure they can live a happy and fulfilling life and even raise a family. I feel as though they do not want to deal with raising a child with down syndrome or may be embarrassed having one...
How would anyone know how the child would be like when they're older? It all depends on the way you raise them.
Mar 20, 2013 8:21 PM

Oct 2009
TheAutocrat said:

The fear that this stone cold logicality would hinder the kindness of the human race. That is not true, it's just called being objective. I honesty knew you were a very kind person but I can't see this reply as being anything other than naive. I'll read that article but I can't see anything changing and unless you provide solid reason against me I see no reason to change my views either. And no, my views would not change if I had a disabled child. Kindess and sympathy do not come before the bigger picture, this is a major flaw of any leader. Like all things there must be a balance, but being naive and kind are two different things.

It's simply prejudice needing redefined. Do you seriously think that an appeal to majority definition automatically wins the argument for you? How foolish. There is nothing we can do about people with downsyndrome in today's society, just yet anyway, so kindness is the only possible option.

Yes a retard can maybe function as slave, but not a very competent one, hence it's better to let them rest in peace. There is nothing a retard can do that a normal man or woman cannot.

Anyway, thanks to technology, babies can be identified before birth if they will have downsyndrome hence there would be no living people with this disorder in the future, hopefully.

Clearly it is you who is ignorant, pot.

lol

first of all, youre some 18 year old kid who sits on the computer and comes up with poor arguments while trying to sound like an intellectual on an anime forum. what makes you think your ass is more valuable (to society) than even a hard working, mentally retarded slave's? I am smarter than you, so what if I decide that youre commoner genes are no good for the gene pool and decide that you dont deserve to live? see the problems with what youre claiming as objective?

you use the term "objective", but fail to realize that your views are nothing but subjective and far from grounded in stand-alone logic. Sure your views are logical if a designated (subjective ) code of ethics is used, but who says that such a designated code of ethics is the one that is "objectively good"? Tell me, who says that humans must act for the good of society? etc

get your head outta your ass, man. you dont have the answers that you think you do, especially with such superficial analysis of the subject . Take this as good advice, since i have a feeling that you'd get chewed up real bad in the real world if you think and act like you do on the internet
Mar 20, 2013 8:23 PM

Apr 2012
Alexx_ said:
Knowing that women get abortions because their child was diagnosed with down syndrome made my heart drop...
I'm sure they can live a happy and fulfilling life and even raise a family. I feel as though they do not want to deal with raising a child with down syndrome or may be embarrassed having one...
How would anyone know how the child would be like when they're older? It all depends on the way you raise them.

Uhhh because almost all men with down syndrome are infertile and females are less fertile. They are more susceptible to miscarriages, difficult labor, and premature children. Why in the hell would you want that. There's also a 50% chance that the child of a person with down syndrome will also have the condition.

Mar 20, 2013 8:43 PM

Mar 2012
Zeally said:
Uhhh because almost all men with down syndrome are infertile and females are less fertile. They are more susceptible to miscarriages, difficult labor, and premature children. Why in the hell would you want that. There's also a 50% chance that the child of a person with down syndrome will also have the condition.
I think this is a myth, but, more importantly, what makes you think that fertility prospects matter? I wouldn't give a single fuck if my theoretical wife couldn't have children.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 20, 2013 8:46 PM

Apr 2012
Baptism said:
Zeally said:
I think this is a myth, but, more importantly, what makes you think that fertility prospects matter? I wouldn't give a single fuck if my theoretical wife couldn't have children.

woah woah get your head out of your ass
All i did was retort on the notion about "having a family" on the previous poster. Your chances are slim to none especially if you are a guy. What does this have to do with your wife. No it is not a myth it's called genetic inheritance.
Thanks for reading

Mar 20, 2013 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
Well your retort failed, because lack of fertility does not imply that having a family is impossible, or even difficult. That's because this magical thing exists called ~adoption~. Not sure if you've ever heard of it.

A quick google search showed that you may be right about the 50% chance thing though, so I apologize for questioning that.
JoshMar 20, 2013 9:01 PM
LoneWolf said:
Mar 20, 2013 8:58 PM

Mar 2012
Baptism said:
Well your retort failed, because lack of fertility does not imply that having a family is impossible, or even difficult. It has to do with my theoretical wife because this thing called adoption exists. Not sure if you've ever heard of it.
So do you plan on marrying a broad with Down's or adopting a Down's kid?
Mar 20, 2013 9:00 PM
Jan 2012
RandomChampion said:
TheAutocrat said:

The fear that this stone cold logicality would hinder the kindness of the human race. That is not true, it's just called being objective. I honesty knew you were a very kind person but I can't see this reply as being anything other than naive. I'll read that article but I can't see anything changing and unless you provide solid reason against me I see no reason to change my views either. And no, my views would not change if I had a disabled child. Kindess and sympathy do not come before the bigger picture, this is a major flaw of any leader. Like all things there must be a balance, but being naive and kind are two different things.

It's simply prejudice needing redefined. Do you seriously think that an appeal to majority definition automatically wins the argument for you? How foolish. There is nothing we can do about people with downsyndrome in today's society, just yet anyway, so kindness is the only possible option.

Yes a retard can maybe function as slave, but not a very competent one, hence it's better to let them rest in peace. There is nothing a retard can do that a normal man or woman cannot.

Anyway, thanks to technology, babies can be identified before birth if they will have downsyndrome hence there would be no living people with this disorder in the future, hopefully.

Clearly it is you who is ignorant, pot.

lol

first of all, youre some 18 year old kid who sits on the computer and comes up with poor arguments while trying to sound like an intellectual on an anime forum. what makes you think your ass is more valuable (to society) than even a hard working, mentally retarded slave's? I am smarter than you, so what if I decide that youre commoner genes are no good for the gene pool and decide that you dont deserve to live? see the problems with what youre claiming as objective?

you use the term "objective", but fail to realize that your views are nothing but subjective and far from grounded in stand-alone logic. Sure your views are logical if a designated (subjective ) code of ethics is used, but who says that such a designated code of ethics is the one that is "objectively good"? Tell me, who says that humans must act for the good of society? etc

get your head outta your ass, man. you dont have the answers that you think you do, especially with such superficial analysis of the subject . Take this as good advice, since i have a feeling that you'd get chewed up real bad in the real world if you think and act like you do on the internet

There is so much wrong with this.

1.You underestimate me and fail to give me credibility because of my age. I'd call you kid, age is just a number beyond general cases.
2.You are most definitely not smarter than me, I've read your posts and you most certainly are dumb-stupid relative to myself and many others on this forum.
3.Why am I more valuable to society? I don't feel the need to answer that. Actions speak louder than words.
4.I don't see the problem at all, that was a dumb-stupid way of trying to assert my miss-usage of objective.
5.Survival is our instinctual goal and positivity furthers that. It's an axiom.
6.You did not prove in any way that my analysis was superficial. I missed nothing in my conclusion.
Mar 20, 2013 9:02 PM

Apr 2012
Baptism said:
Well your retort failed, because lack of fertility does not imply that having a family is impossible, or even difficult. That's because this magical thing exists called ~adoption~. Not sure if you've ever heard of it.

sure a person with down syndrome that can barely support him/herself adopting a kid sounds logical. I bet it can give great sound advice to the child

Mar 20, 2013 9:03 PM

Mar 2012
Zeally said:
Baptism said:

sure a person with down syndrome that can barely support him/herself adopting a kid sounds logical.
Logic clearly isn't the dominant force in this thread.
Mar 20, 2013 9:04 PM

Mar 2012
Negative-Travis said:
No, but if that's what you thought my point was then maybe the other dude is confused for the same reason. My point was that infertile people can have families (thanks to adoption) and therefore, "people with Down syndrome can't have kids," does not retort "people with Down syndrome can have families." I simply used myself as an example of a person who does think fertility is an important characteristic in a potential partner.

Zeally said:
sure a person with down syndrome that can barely support him/herself adopting a kid sounds logical. I bet it can give great sound advice to the child
Well, that explains that.
JoshMar 20, 2013 9:10 PM
LoneWolf said:
Mar 20, 2013 9:08 PM
Jan 2012
Zeally said:
Baptism said:

Ughh, please shut up, you aren't even following his replies properly. He was talking about himself adopting, no necessarily a downsyndrome kid either. You obviously don't know what logic is so stop throwing words around that you do not understand.

I agree with Post about adoption, though I wouldn't love them any different, there's still something I can't put my finger on that makes me want to have kids of my own. But I think if the time comes I would still choose my love over my want to have my own kids. Saying that, isn't there a way to get another female to reproduce for you? I heard this from somewhere and it made me hopeful for if that situation ever arises. Not sure if I've been misinformed so please don't mock this and give me an answer. Thank you.
TheOttocratMar 20, 2013 9:11 PM
Mar 20, 2013 9:08 PM

Mar 2011
I'm all for choice in the first place, and to be honest, if I were facing having a kid with down syndrome I'd dispose of it (yes I used the word dispose), because it would mean a great deal of stress to me and my spouse, and frankly it's not something I'd want to deal with.

Negative-Travis said:
Welfare needs to be completely abolished.

Now that's a topic worthy of a thread itself. Surprised that you have such a right wing view.
Mar 20, 2013 9:09 PM

Mar 2012
Baptism said:
Negative-Travis said:
No, but if that's what you thought my point was then maybe the other dude is confused for the same reason. My point was that infertile people can have families (thanks to adoption) and therefore, "people with Down syndrome can't have kids," does not retort "people with Down syndrome can have families." I simply used myself as an example of a person who does think fertility is an important characteristic in a potential partner.
Except government agencies make damn-sure they can't have children/families. They can get married, sure, but unless one party is a fully-functioning adult, there will be no adoptions today.

InfiniteRyvius said:
Negative-Travis said:

Now that's a topic worthy of a thread itself. Surprised that you have such a right wing view.
I have both left and right leanings depending on the subject.
Mar 20, 2013 9:09 PM

Apr 2012
Yes you people live in great utopias where you think a person with down syndrome is very capable of raising a family. Please share with me all your miracle stories of down syndrome families.

Like i said great logic people

Mar 20, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Except government agencies make damn-sure they can't have children/families. They can get married, sure, but unless one party is a fully-functioning adult, there will be no adoptions today.
There you go then.

TheAutocrat said:
Thanks, but you don't need to defend me, haha. Especially considering our views on this do seem to differ quite a bit.
LoneWolf said:
Mar 20, 2013 9:15 PM

Mar 2011
Negative-Travis said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Negative-Travis said:

I have both left and right leanings depending on the subject.

Hence view rather than views. I'd love to discuss it, but it'd be off topic, and sleep. Talking of which, it must be 04:15 for Auto too.
Mar 20, 2013 9:16 PM

Apr 2012
Baptism said:
Negative-Travis said:
There you go then.

TheAutocrat said:
Thanks, but you don't need to defend me, haha. Especially considering our views on this do seem to differ quite a bit.

What is there to defend? You are defending yourself from your own stupid comments. The response wasn't even directed at you. Now you narrowed yourself down to the assumption that the dad doesn't have down syndrome

Mar 20, 2013 9:17 PM

Mar 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
Negative-Travis said:
I think that's absolutely absurd, but not irrational, per say. I respect Travis' opinions, except when it come to aesthetics (clothes, women, etc.).

Zeally said:
What is there to defend? You are defending yourself from your own stupid comments. The response wasn't even directed at you.
This is my one allowable blatant insult and then I will grow up or whatever: Your reading comprehension skills are literally non-existent.

Zeally said:
Now you narrowed yourself down to the assumption that the dad doesn't have down syndrome.
No, I didn't. It doesn't have to be the dad. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adoption
JoshMar 20, 2013 9:23 PM
LoneWolf said:
Mar 20, 2013 9:18 PM
Jan 2012
Baptism said:

I wasn't just defending you for the sake of it, this other poster is blatantly wrong and I was simply aiding in his/her correction.

Our views have differed but I very much so would like us to reach mutual understanding. So please make a point that you disagree with and I'll try my best to understand.

InfiniteRyvius said:
Hence view rather than views. I'd love to discuss it, but it'd be off topic, and sleep. Talking of which, it must be 04:15 for Auto too.

Indeed, haha. Couldn't get to sleep. :L
Oh well, what's one occasional all nighter? Saying that, I have a pretty busy day tomorrow...

Zeally said:
Baptism said:
Negative-Travis said:
There you go then.

TheAutocrat said:

What is there to defend? You are defending yourself from your own stupid comments. The response wasn't even directed at you. Now you narrowed yourself down to the assumption that the dad doesn't have down syndrome

Wut? Dude, are you high?
TheOttocratMar 20, 2013 9:23 PM
Mar 20, 2013 9:19 PM

Apr 2012
TheAutocrat said:
Baptism said:

I wasn't just defending you for the sake of it, this other poster is blatantly wrong and I was simply aiding in his/her correction.

Our views have differed but I very much so would like us to reach mutual understanding. So please make a point that you disagree with and I'll try my best to understand.

Blatantly wrong about what? The fact that the government won't let you have a baby if you don't meet the qualifications? SURE i'm very wrong

Mar 20, 2013 9:20 PM

Mar 2012
Baptism said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Negative-Travis said:
I think that's absolutely absurd, but not irrational, per say. I respect Travis' opinions, except when it come to aesthetics (clothes, women, etc.).
Is that because they're clearly superior to yours and you're jelly?

Zeally said:
Blatantly wrong about what? The fact that the government won't let you have a baby if you don't meet the qualifications? SURE i'm very wrong
You're somewhat wrong, there.
The government insists that a handicapped person is less-fit to have a child than a broke-ass drunk who already has 6 ill-behaved kids and needs government money to not-raise them.
Mar 20, 2013 9:24 PM

Mar 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Your taste is too mechanical for me.
LoneWolf said:
Mar 20, 2013 9:26 PM

Apr 2012
My comment was directed at Alex FYI

There are biological limits to a person with down syndrome that no amount of therapy help them completely cope with the condition and I was simply stating it. Since society doesn't happen to let people incapable of raising children, well clearly adoption is out of the question. Unlessssssssssss the person has a spouse that is normal that is deemed qualified you can't adopt. Assuming someone is willing to knock up a person with down syndrome and marry her, I would say the chances are pretty low even in this scenario. I don't know why you people get all defensive anyways.

Mar 20, 2013 9:27 PM

Mar 2012
Baptism said:
Negative-Travis said:
Your taste is too mechanical for me.
Uh...
Not sure I follow, but this is a conversation for another place.
Mar 20, 2013 9:33 PM

Jun 2008
TheAutocrat. The implication you assume objectivity as a holy grail is a troubling matter (or are you implying something else?). When it comes to making decisions on human beings, objectivity should never be the sole, or even primary perspective. Something such as empathy, respect, and compassion all comes from subjectivity. A cold-calculated rational creature that don't consider emotions and rely on fact and quantifiable data will not understand human beings and hence forth, should not make decisions on human life.

But then again, it seems you have a stance on pro-autocracy, so meh. This is probably falling on deaf ears. But don't even autocrats incorporate subjectivity to persuade others? They may be able to make the cold-calculated rational optimal choices, but they would require a thorough understanding of subjectivity and must have their own value system to proscribe to their goals.
TheAutocrat said:

2.You are most definitely not smarter than me, I've read your posts and you most certainly are dumb-stupid relative to myself and many others on this forum.
3.Why am I more valuable to society? I don't feel the need to answer that. Actions speak louder than words.

2. He stated that as a hypothetical statement to point out the flaw of your statement. Notice the "what if". To think you took him literally speaks volume to what you define as intelligence.
3. Uh-huhm. This is a forum. We can't really observe action unless you erm, actually wrote something or linked us something to your actions. And from the rather flowery yet troublesome statements you've decided to share yourself with the rest of us, it's not particularly erm, a persuasive statement.
TachiiMar 20, 2013 9:38 PM
Mar 20, 2013 9:53 PM
Jan 2012
Tachii said:
TheAutocrat. The implication you assume objectivity as a holy grail is a troubling matter (or are you implying something else?). When it comes to making decisions on human beings, objectivity should never be the sole, or even primary perspective. Something such as empathy, respect, and compassion all comes from subjectivity. A cold-calculated rational creature that don't consider emotions and rely on fact and quantifiable data will not understand human beings and hence forth, should not make decisions on human life.

But then again, it seems you have a stance on pro-autocracy, so meh. This is probably falling on deaf ears. But don't even autocrats incorporate subjectivity to persuade others? They may be able to make the cold-calculated rational optimal choices, but they would require a thorough understanding of subjectivity and must have their own value system to proscribe to their goals.
TheAutocrat said:

2. He stated that as a hypothetical statement to point out the flaw of your statement. Notice the "what if". To think you took him literally speaks volume to what you define as intelligence.
3. Uh-huhm. This is a forum. We can't really observe action unless you erm, actually wrote something or linked us something to your actions. And from the rather flowery yet troublesome statements you've decided to share yourself with the rest of us, it's not particularly erm, a persuasive statement.

No, I disagree. Subjectivity is second to objectivity at present. Look at where this so called subjectivity has got us. Look at the state of the world. We must objectify things and make the optimal choices, and until we reach peace and rid this world of negativity, objectivity must stand as a means to an end, it is for mankind. I do not disregard compassion, empathy and respect. I myself am constituted of these qualities. I am simply stating the best course of action at any given time. You seem to agree with that, but you seem to confuse me and my ideas as applicable to someone who lacks these subjective qualities. That is not the case.

A true Autocrat only incorporates truth to persuade others, when his reason stands unquestioned by every questioner then it can be deemed truth.

I don't think it speaks volumes at all, least of all about intelligence. I simply missed that part of the statement and besides for me to take him so literally and disregard the true nature of his question would have been unintelligent otherwise but looking at my messages that is certainly not the case, thus, an invalid argument.

I will achieve much is the near future, all you can do is watch. There is nothing stopping me.
Mar 20, 2013 10:04 PM

Aug 2012
TheAutocrat said:
I will achieve much is the near future, all you can do is watch. There is nothing stopping me.

Ok I think you've gone off the deep end, like officially now.

Illusions of grandeur and shit.

You OD on adderall or somethin?
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Mar 20, 2013 10:08 PM
Jan 2012
Filthy_Whore said:
TheAutocrat said:

Ok I think you've gone off the deep end, like officially now.

Illusions of grandeur and shit.

You OD on adderall or somethin?

And this is why I didn't want to answer that question but Tachii forced it on me. You label it illusions whenever someone makes claim to potentially affecting greater importance and having great achievement. You simply appeal to probability and there is no evidence to back up my claims, quite simply no evidence can be provided for such. It's about faith but some choose pessimism. Whatever, doubt me all you will, it changes nothing.
Mar 20, 2013 10:11 PM

Mar 2012
This isn't about aborting retarded babies anymore, is it?
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

46 by Kled11 »»
18 minutes ago

» My concerns about the future of Japan.

9765 - Jun 6

26 by LenRea »»
25 minutes ago

» Blaming Japanese media for their low birth rate is simply untrue

ABigChungus - Jan 14

40 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
1 hour ago

» Poker? Gambling? Casino? ( 1 2 3 )

EmiliaHoarfrost - May 20, 2020

144 by Timeline_man »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » NEET vs Wage Slave (poll)

xZakai - Jun 17, 2021

43 by traed »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.