New
Do you like Yu-Gi-Oh
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 1, 2008 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
I liked it at one point.

Oct 1, 2008 8:56 PM

May 2007
Never got into the franchise so can't say either yeah or no.
Oct 1, 2008 9:19 PM

Sep 2008
No.
Argument: Trivial.
Q.E.D.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 2, 2008 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
i find the game interesting, i played it one,too. but its too expensive and too many kiddies are playing it. and the anime is not really worth watching.

Oct 2, 2008 12:43 AM

Mar 2008
I love the anime and still watch it and it's many spin-offs and movies, don't play the card game anymore though. I quit like 1-2 years ago or more.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Oct 2, 2008 12:47 AM

Aug 2008
I use to watch it on tv when i was bored, it was interesting at times but I wont go out of my way to watch it, if that makes sense
Oct 18, 2008 10:25 AM

Sep 2008
i like the card game. =]

Oct 18, 2008 12:22 PM
Oct 2008
I like the manga books.. xD And I TRIED to play the card games but my little brother beat me all the time.. so later I didn't even bother :P But I did manage to beat my brother on Duel Masters one time! XD *proud* :P
Oct 18, 2008 1:28 PM

Oct 2008
Well, about 2 year's ago.
Before i find the largest Hungarian Anime community, i watching in the tv.
I like as well, one of my first anime show's from the time before i start "eat" every series :D
Once i try the game too, but my english knoledge is not really enough for that :/
Oct 18, 2008 1:29 PM

Jul 2008
no but i like GX
Oct 18, 2008 2:22 PM

May 2008
I did when it was cool, now i stopped giving a crap. I even lost my deck of cards.
Oct 18, 2008 2:28 PM
Apr 2008
I played the card game when I was 12 and stopped playing at 15
man my deck is so outdated xD
Oct 18, 2008 8:24 PM

Sep 2008
I used to watch the anime. Never played the card game. I just get into card games.
Oct 18, 2008 10:53 PM

Jul 2008
I used to watch the anime and play the card game. For a while my little brother and I were really into it and we would duel all the time. I still have my cards and so does my brother but we don't play anymore. They just finshed Yu-Gi-Oh GX here in Aus so I've been watching that but other than that I've given it up.

Oct 18, 2008 11:23 PM

Aug 2007
I have never seen the anime or the card game. I tried to watch it once but all I could find were the dubbed versions and I didnt try very hard.
Oct 19, 2008 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
i used to but then it got childish for me
Oct 19, 2008 1:56 AM

Sep 2008
Hehe, I do not like Yu gi oh at all. way to comercial and Pokemon wannabe. I have never liked stuff like Pokemon/yu gi oh and other big comercial animes, never got any cards or games etc, When I was unger I did play Magic The gathering instead and some Warhammer.
Oct 19, 2008 3:16 AM

Jun 2007
I still have the cards but I was never really a fan of the show, play card games to save the world just didn't work for me.

Yu-Gi-OH The Abridged Series however is a complete win.
Oct 19, 2008 5:24 PM

Apr 2008
i did when i was younger and played the game also, had quite afew cards tho not sure where they disappeared to, same with my pokemon cards

oko za oko, zub za zub - eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth
Oct 20, 2008 6:01 AM

May 2008
Not particularly.
I'm not really into those kind of game things.
Younger brothers are though. XD
credits to uebo14 @ livejournal for my avi //
Oct 20, 2008 6:07 AM

Aug 2008
I used to watch the anime years ago, I remember crying once cause I missed one of the last epsiodes of the series :P (think that was the first series)

I think I bought a few packets of cards..
Oct 20, 2008 7:12 AM

Apr 2007
I'm watching yugioh 5D's at the moment. and seriously I never tough cardgames could get this ridiculess. XD

but we finaly get the realism of police in this series compaired to the bodyguard army's.
And instead of guns the Cops are allowed to use all cards on the Forbidden list!

" I'm a cop so I can pwn you with darkhole! and raikgeki! "

*Major Dramatic shock!* =O

Oct 20, 2008 7:49 AM

Apr 2007
You know what, nothing will ever beat YGO:DM. GX sucks and 5D's I'm not sure of yet. At least it's more serious than GX.

As said in Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged:

Oct 20, 2008 8:34 AM

Feb 2008
Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series is brilliant, but while I will admit that I secretly kind of enjoyed it when I was younger (and very much wanted a holographic card game), I wouldn't consider it very good.
Oct 20, 2008 11:31 AM

Jul 2008
Not really, I rare watching it, but since my friend has asked me to watch it and even want me to buy the DVD , I guess it can't be help, I'm thinking to add it to my "plan to watch" later (of course after I found the DVD) - well, it's quiet old, kinda hard to search it..
Oct 20, 2008 12:30 PM

Sep 2008
I used to read the manga and it was pretty alright. I might go and pick it up again sometime, since I have this "if I start reading it, I need to finish it" philosophy... thing.

Yeah.

Never tried the cards and I've only seen bits of the anime dubbed in my native tongue and... well, frankly, it was terrible. And I really, really do mean terrible. Just... I don't want to think about it now.
Oct 20, 2008 2:40 PM

Oct 2008
I enjoyed the original Yu-Gi-Oh yes, but nothing after it.
Oct 20, 2008 5:23 PM
Oct 2007
I played the card game for a bit wasn't really into it, but my friends were so played any way.
The first big story arch of the tv show was good, but after that things got way out of hand yet I kept watching hope that it would get better.
shade1012.deviantart.com
Oct 20, 2008 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
The games were pretty good, except for that one for GBC and the first one on Playstation 2 the show was ok

Oct 20, 2008 11:00 PM

Apr 2008
no
Oct 24, 2008 3:50 AM

Jun 2007
Yeap..
Oct 24, 2008 11:40 PM

Jun 2008
Knife said:
no, the anime is boring and they have stupid hair
I'm back.
Oct 24, 2008 11:54 PM

Apr 2007
The series: I enjoyed watching a bit of the first series, but then I became tired near the end. It was also fun to make fun of the dub, especially with GX. Ah, good times.

The game: I have a few decks myself and enjoy playing even though the only people I know who play are my brothers. You never know how the game will end so I never find it boring :P
Oct 25, 2008 3:49 AM

Apr 2008
To quote Timon and Pumbaa: "Love. Not like, love."

Manga: The original manga is probably my favorite part of the franchise. The storytelling is better, and makes more sense -- the anime continuity got messed up when they switched animation studios. It also looks more at some of the characters and backstory that isn't there in the anime version. Also, manga Duelist Kingdom > anime Duelist Kingdom. By far.

Anime: The original Toei series is... below average, I have to admit. It was really poorly executed, the animation sucked, voice acting was bad (Yes, I'm looking at YOU, Mokuba!), and the manga version of this arc was superior in every way. The second series, Duel Monsters, is, of course, my favorite anime ever. Most of it is true to the greatness of the manga, but of course some of it is shifted around due to the change of animation studios. It means there's some plot holes left, and the characters aren't introduced properly at the beginning, as you're expected to know them from the old series. On the plus side, this series has filler. Great filler. Virtual World was good because it delves more into Seto and Mokuba's backstory, and shows us a bit more of Gozaburo as well. Waking the Dragons is actually my favorite arc in the entire anime -- the Doma guys are all great, even more so considering they're 'just filler', and the duels in this arc are really intense (Pharaoh vs Rafael rematch, anyone?). KC Grand Prix was unnecessary, but fun. And it had Sieg. Who doesn't love Sieg? ...Everyone but me, apparently. D: Unfortunately, Dawn of the Duel was kind of poorly done. They messed around with Bobasa's character too much, revived Thief King Bakura for no reason, and added some pointless fillery episodes. (The least they could've done was add more of Kisara and priest!Seto, but nooooooooo. >_>)

On to GX, and what a massive failure it is after just a few episodes. I think the idea was good, but they did it all wrong. If they'd given more development to the other characters instead of having Judai duel over and over and over every single episode using the same monsters and combos.... you get the picture. I wanted to see more of Misawa and Kaiser and those other awesome characters. Seriously, Misawa gets, what, three or four duels over the whole series? The plot is acceptable, I guess, my main beef with this series is the focus on Judai. And the ending... inconclusive much?

5D's, I wasn't expecting much. When I first heard the concept of D-Wheels and the Riding Duels I almost wanted to cry. Dueling on motorcycles? Noooooooo. Boy was I wrong. This is the greatest thing I've seen in a long time. It's just amazing so far, and I'm liking it more and more every episode. It fixes all the mistakes that GX made. The new dueling rules and more types of monsters make the game so much more exciting, we now have a consistent plot again, and fair amounts of screentime and development for all the characters. The cast is so varied, from psycho killer Aki to clumsy and wacky Carly to calm and cool Yusei. I love them all, and I can't wait to see how things will turn out in the future for this series. <3

TCG: Not so much. I mean, I still buy new cards, but just to collect, not to play. I'm not a very good duelist. T_T Sometimes I'll participate in friendly games though, just for a bit of fun and an excuse to yell out "SHINKURO SHOUKAN~! SUTADASTO DORAGOOOOON~!!" XD

...I wrote waaaay too much.

tl;dr: Yes. I like it.
Oct 25, 2008 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
I use to watch Yu-Gi-Oh, but now. No.
Oct 25, 2008 2:56 PM

Oct 2008
I like the anime & manga, and I used to play the card game when I was in middle school. I sucked at it, so I stopped.
Oct 25, 2008 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah, I used to when I was in middle school. I had an Elemental hero deck similar to Jaden. Now I hardly play or watch it anymore, but I will never forget it! XD
Oct 28, 2008 3:10 PM

Sep 2008
i use to but not anymore, and played the game
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Oct 28, 2008 8:09 PM

Jul 2007
Neverender said:
Flibbertigibbet said:
Real men played Beyblades.

Uh, no, dude, only nerds played beyblade. All the cool kids played yugioh.

All the cool kids played pogs. I have yet to see Yu-Gi-Oh or Beyblade or any other such game unequivocally banned in my and all the neighboring school districts. Pogs were too awesome to be contained.
Oct 28, 2008 8:12 PM

Aug 2008
I liked the first season lol.

jellyville said:
Neverender said:
Flibbertigibbet said:
Real men played Beyblades.

Uh, no, dude, only nerds played beyblade. All the cool kids played yugioh.

All the cool kids played pogs. I have yet to see Yu-Gi-Oh or Beyblade or any other such game unequivocally banned in my and all the neighboring school districts. Pogs were too awesome to be contained.

You kidding! Those beyblades were DEADLY. We weren't allowed them anywhere on school grounds.
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the size limits.
Oct 28, 2008 9:44 PM

Sep 2008
i play it alrdy got a fire deck a dark deck and a dragon deck u wanna play sometimes? lol theres an online yu-gi-oh somewhere...
Oct 28, 2008 10:13 PM

Jul 2008
Not really,but I have them XD~ cause my brother loves it like crazy T.T
Nov 1, 2008 2:45 PM

Jun 2008
i don't like it actually. because has been broadcasting in my country with turkish dubs. and it is preety bad xD so in my point of view, it's no different from other cartoons.
Nov 1, 2008 5:05 PM

Apr 2008
All Yu-Gi-Oh dubs suck ass, besides the original Japanese and the Abridged Series, obviously.

Even the Singapore English dub, which is almost entirely uncut (save changing Jonouchi, Honda and Anzu to Joey, Tristan and Tea), is still really terrible. Half the characters are voiced by the same person, who has absolutely zero talent. And they don't even speak in correct English ("The duel robot has all three cards of Blue-Eyed Dragon in its deck?!"). Lulz. Still, I'll take that over the 4Kids English dub any day. >_>
Nov 2, 2008 2:06 AM

Jun 2008
I liked the 1st one and only the first few episodes. Heart of the cards and that load of crap just ruines it and all the "millenium" items as well... What's wrong with just a cardgame? Just figure out brilliant moves and strategies.
Nov 2, 2008 6:48 AM

Jun 2008
Well, I was obsessed with it in 4th grade...My friend and I even made our own cards, lol. But now it's just Yugioh the Abridged series ^_^
Although I think the 1st season is the best out of the how many there are...
Nov 2, 2008 11:38 PM

Oct 2008
I think it's SO boring and trivial. The battles often drag out, spanding over several episodes, making it really boring (like in DBZ or Naruto - though at least Naruto is funny).
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Nov 3, 2008 2:23 AM

Sep 2008
The card game was fun but I never really got that interested because I played MTG
Nov 3, 2008 8:15 AM

Oct 2008
I liked Yu-Gi-Oh (both the show, manga and game) a few years ago, but I don't like it anymore. Except for the first seven volumes of the manga - they're OK.
Nov 3, 2008 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
I used to watch the show and I still collect the cards, when I have money to spare on them. While I don't actually watch the show anymore or play the card game, what I think keeps me tied to it is the simple core of the card game- no matter what gets added to it as a gimmick to bring more kids into it, the core still exists.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Wuthering Waves

ashisland - May 20

14 by Said_enough »»
3 hours ago

» What are you're favourite Pokémon Games?

Pg13_ - Today

9 by Pg13_ »»
3 hours ago

» Online games in your life

OlliFill - Oct 7, 2021

47 by KayKimii »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - May 7

23 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Yesterday, 5:35 PM

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

26 by M2zC »»
Yesterday, 10:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.